Compensation code being misused

Options

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yo, before all this QQ get out of control...people are paying 10-20m for codes on Archo, for orbs that most will use on G15 gear or below...they are NOT getting "free" +10 orbs unless they were affected by the Archosaur rollback...otherwise...they either bought it, or a friend gave it to them (and who's to say friends can't give w/e they want to others?).

I understand how ppl get angry if they miss out on free stuff, but imo don't you think the ARCHO players who had to suffer from the rollback can at least choose what they do with their prizes? It's 2 dragon orbs, not free R9rr +12.

I wouldn't mind if they deleted all the orbs that people "bought" though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yo, before all this QQ get out of control...people are paying 10-20m for codes on Archo, for orbs that most will use on G15 gear or below...they are NOT getting "free" +10 orbs unless they were affected by the Archosaur rollback...otherwise...they either bought it, or a friend gave it to them (and who's to say friends can't give w/e they want to others?).

I understand how ppl get angry if they miss out on free stuff, but imo don't you think the ARCHO players who had to suffer from the rollback can at least choose what they do with their prizes? It's 2 dragon orbs, not free R9rr +12.

ok again...

it CAN be used on r9!
    they DONT play on archo, they just have coins left there and use it to get advantage on other servers. or in other cases they just randomly logged to check tw map and stuff and still got them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

1. the orbs work on G16 gear
    2. the fact that people can use it on servers that were not affected (aka people can go to archo server and buy codes for a cheap +10 orb) is rediculously stupid
    3. the entire fact that they are sending out multiple +10 orbs is stupid in general, as if everyone magically lost their refines.

That being said, personally I don't care much about it, but the fact that this is probably one of the most absurd ways of dealing with anything is just... to be expected from PWE really.

People are being reimbursted (though it seems it needs some spamming of tickets and being a tad aggressive in their tone in a ticket to get it done), so why is this compensation needed in the first place?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We are seeing a lot of 10 star orbs being gotten by the same few people over and over on Dreamweaver too. Now I am sorry about the problems the rollback cause for the Archo server but I do not think that these orbs should be showing up on server not effected by said rollback. I have read from many posts that people are selling and scamming these codes and using them on unaffected servers, how could PWI be so stupid as not to make sure those codes could only be redeemed on the server that was effected! Srsly PWI, you really need to hire people with some brains and let the monkeys have a few days off!

I think you should remove any orbs that people have redeemed on other server then Archo. Fix this or give everyone the code to even the playing field!
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    when it is stuff that u have to buy with creditcard, or farm for a long time, should not be given for free for only a part of players. if they bought it for 10-20m doesn't matter. it's cheap like hell and nothing more than a scam.
    as soon a game offer items to buy than it is no longer *only* a game, it's a business.
    how many players of the whole game community on archo server lost realy stuff worth for 50$+?
    lol and again just lol
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ok again...

it CAN be used on r9!
    they DONT play on archo, they just have coins left there and use it to get advantage on other servers. or in other cases they just randomly logged to check tw map and stuff and still got them.

Don't you have maxed out gear and a lot money? Why would it matter that others can refine a little bit more cheaply? b:question
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    wow all this is messed up i never got no Compensation code or whatever and everyone else seem to have gotten tons really annoying
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Don't you have maxed out gear and a lot money? Why would it matter that others can refine a little bit more cheaply? b:question

first off, this is not about my archers gear or my money. (and my armor is +10, not maxed)
    secondly, just because i farm more than others, doesnt meant i deserve less free stuff.
    thirdly, i have alts.

and in my opinion, everyone should have the same chances and obstacles to get their gear done. making it super hard and expensive for one group and then giving the same stuff out for free to another group is kinda unbalanced. but was this game ever balanced? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • despence1
    despence1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think if you read the post about the rollback it reads, "the codes can be used on any server" ...why is this post here? I don't think complaining will help, but RT server experienced some major upset during this time also, where the heck is our compensation is what you all should be asking for realz!
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I still can't understand why people can use this code on others servers! It's ridiculous.

You only lost something with the rollback if you farmed/played at Archosaur server, so why would you be able to use the code on any other place?

And even so, they should only be able to use the code on the same account that is registered on the e-mail. Otherwise people with multiple accounts could (CAN b:angry ) get dozens of 10* on the same account for free, and that's completely insane.

Even worse if you remember that, right now, GOLD is extremely expensive, and the last 10* sale was at August - true, we had a fake sale some weeks ago, but better not remember 10* for 50 GOLD b:shocked

I know that some people lost a lot with the rollback and I know it's impossible be completely fair with everyone - some people lost more than others - so it's fair enough that people who play at Archosaur receive something for compensation...

But 2 wrongs don't make 1 right. PWE made a mistake to fix another mistake b:surrender

Well, my english is not very good, so I hope I have expressed my point b:bye
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWE decided to make the code useable on all servers, so why in the world is this thread still open? Just so people can QQ about NOT getting a code? b:surrender

No I didn't get the code but the QQ is really annoying.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so they had a toon on archo, they got a code for that toon, used it for the toon on raging tide, well how is that actually unfair ? may be the person is just changing his/her server so used it on raging tide......i would love that to see cause i would ofcourse want more people to come to my server.....
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeh if they ment the code to be used on all servers then its no point to QQ, but if its to compensate players from Archo why i see so many ppl using in DW, quoting a friend from my guild "I dont get it".

PWI Suggestion: Make a toon lv1 on all servers, next time you will receive something, trololololol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeh if they ment the code to be used on all servers then its no point to QQ, but if its to compensate players from Archo why i see so many ppl using in DW, quoting a friend from my guild "I dont get it".

PWI Suggestion: Make a toon lv1 on all servers, next time you will receive something, trololololol.

They only gave it to people that actually played, so that wouldn't work. I have a toon in Archosaur (a lvl 11 wiz) and didn't get anything.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well i mean to make and log everyday, btw how many orbs did they gave away?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well i mean to make and log everyday, btw how many orbs did they gave away?

Apparently they said 3 but only actually sent 1.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Seems there's ppl with several toons glitching it, or i miss read, to be honest i don't understand why a code to reward Archo players can be used like this on all servers, doesn't make sense to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleymarieply08
    ashleymarieply08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well I have toon on archo server got nothing and I agree servers like Dreamweaver were also affected by all this ****/ Last night on Dreamweaver saw dozen or more get the ocean orb give to all or none!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I do actually agree that this was poorly thought out. They are compensating for time lost on an Archosaur character; characters on other servers did not lose 4 days worth of anything. If people want compensation for time/items/etc lost they should get compensation on the character that lost said things. However, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to take the time to alter the redeem page so that it could only be used for one server, so I'm not surprised.

I just find it sad when I see people complaining that they logged in once to do JJ or Roll Call and didn't get any orbs. I wouldn't have expected anything unless I lost a big sale/purchase/refine and ended up worse off than before the rollback like several people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Apparently they said 3 but only actually sent 1.

No, it was actually 3 orb, they sent 2 e-mails, one containing all the goodies plus 1 orb, then they sent another mail with 2 extra codes, each for one orb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No, it was actually 3 orb, they sent 2 e-mails, one containing all the goodies plus 1 orb, then they sent another mail with 2 extra codes, each for one orb.

I want a rollback as well now. b:angry
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If those people that used the code on RT or any other server then Archo don't feel the need to use it on Archo why MAKE them use it there? It's a compensation code for Archo but if the people that got the code wanna use it on another server, let them, i mean wtf is wrong with people nowadays.... If the orbs were tradeable i could understand the QQ...but they aren't...
    And no i didn't get the code, and still i think its up to the person effected by the rollback how they use it b:bye

Agreed, it's their code to do with as they like. And no, I don't have a char on Arch server that got a code. I had someone link their BOUND orb and I don't see it as a problem, for several reasons:

a) the code is only good for +1 refine (up to +10)
    b) the orb is bound and can only be used on bound gear
    c) it can only be used on gear up to grade 15

Get over yourselves! Find something better to do with your time.
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Those orbs probably have a typo and mean to say "G16 or less" instead of "less than G16". Small nuances like that are often lost in translation.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Agreed, it's their code to do with as they like. And no, I don't have a char on Arch server that got a code. I had someone link their BOUND orb and I don't see it as a problem, for several reasons:

Get over yourselves! Find something better to do with your time.

They gave 3 Orbs per e-mail.

The Orb is bound, but people are selling the codes, or using the multiple accounts and sending all the Orbs to the same account.

No, it can be used on G16 gear. But it would be unfair even if it was used on G15 only, if you consider the amount of Orbs that some people with multiple accounts will receive.
  • Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i got no code! f:brick
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well niether ToS nor the GM's in our mail confirmed that the codes cudnt have been used on different server, nor was it said that 1 account can ONLY use 1 code or not more, and that NO1 should be able to sell those codes.

All the time when we were down in sht with huge loses, yo dudes from different servers came down to us, saying how things were fair and stuff cause the tos says this and that, Well now, tos just doesnt say anything on this matter.

So kudos trying to get our orbs away from us XD
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Originally Posted by DefenderofDreams View Post
    The Archosaur compensation codes were sent to:

- Accounts that are subscribed to PWE emails.
    (We are not allowed to email unsubscribed accounts)

- Accounts that logged in to Archosaur during the rollback period. (11/9 - 11/13)

If you logged onto Archosaur during the rollback, and are unsubscribed to PWE emails, you may put in a support ticket.

These efforts are not directed towards those who did not log into Archosaur during the rollback period.

Also, the code can be redeemed for any character on any server, provided you meet the above criteria.

I don't see the problem (no I didn't get a code, I don't have a Archo toon anymore xD)
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Akira_Green - Harshlands
    Akira_Green - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yay for +10-geared APS-sins...

Lol....everything this person has ever posted is a joke xD. +10 aps geared sin? Uh oh watch out for that 10k hp sin with 7k pdef and 5k mdef!!! As they die in 1-2 seconds of bramble or 2 hits from a player....And you can't use the orbs on G16 gear so why complain? Anyone non-g16 isn't a threat so...yea. I'd +10 my TT80 gold set for my seeker to solo the exp room all day if i had them ;].
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And you can't use the orbs on G16 gear so why complain?

If you'd take the time to read everything posted, as many have stated YOU CAN use the orbs on anything G16 that is BOUNDb:bye
  • Akira_Green - Harshlands
    Akira_Green - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is what you all need.
    http://youtu.be/9Fo-Jckl_MU
This discussion has been closed.