Noob question

Options
bangis2010
bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
Im reading on forum like a week ago and always reading this "bot"..

What tis bot means?

you can simple explain it no need to comment of me being noobs.b:kisb:chuckle
Post edited by bangis2010 on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If by chance you mean Sweetiebot, you should read the two sticky threads about her in this subforum.

She's basically a Clever Bot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot
    Are you a yuppie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Maybe you're talking about bots in game ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People try to avoid the subject so you dont get the idea to do it yourself. I dont think that is a very usefull aproach though.

Bots are a piece of softwar to automate a relatively simple task. They are made for every game when there are lucrative but simple tasks. In theory, a bot could do ANY task, but complicated tasks prove too much effort for programmers to automate.

In PWI there are bots that can harvest herbs for apothecary manufacture and bots that farm DQ materials.

Game developers can combat bots by a bunch of different means. The server could recognise patterns. They could send messages to the user that have to be answered by human input. They can even monitor the processes running on your PC to see if known bot software is among them. Of course, the botters can fight back and make workarounds to such solutions and this results in an endless battle.

PWI chooses to combat bots simply by removing aspects of the game that are being botted extensively. Because of bots, DQ points have been made worthless for example. Farming apoth herbs is not extremely lucrative but maybe they will do something against this in the future as well. Lets hope they dont remove apoth from the game all together b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • mayumi2
    mayumi2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People try to avoid the subject so you dont get the idea to do it yourself. I dont think that is a very usefull aproach though.

Bots are a piece of softwar to automate a relatively simple task. They are made for every game when there are lucrative but simple tasks. In theory, a bot could do ANY task, but complicated tasks prove too much effort for programmers to automate.

In PWI there are bots that can harvest herbs for apothecary manufacture and bots that farm DQ materials.

Game developers can combat bots by a bunch of different means. The server could recognise patterns. They could send messages to the user that have to be answered by human input. They can even monitor the processes running on your PC to see if known bot software is among them. Of course, the botters can fight back and make workarounds to such solutions and this results in an endless battle.

PWI chooses to combat bots simply by removing aspects of the game that are being botted extensively. Because of bots, DQ points have been made worthless for example. Farming apoth herbs is not extremely lucrative but maybe they will do something against this in the future as well. Lets hope they dont remove apoth from the game all together b:laugh

Ok tyvm .. can a MOD close this b:surrenderb:kiss