Compensation code being misused

Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
edited November 2013 in Chronicles
During the couple last hours there's been many system messages of people getting Dragon Orb Ocean on Raging Tide-server. In other words, those compensation codes for Archosaur are being misused by many (especially high-end) players on our server. This creates slight unbalance considering how expensive those orbs are to get, giving an edge to anyone that had a character on Archosaur server and misused that on their RT-main.

To compensate this unrighteousness, it would be nice if you gave that code to everyone and make something that can be ensured to be Archosaur-only to compensate the losses of rollback.

Kitty thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
Post edited by Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721 on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I actually agree with you for the most part. There is a first time for everything...

If that is true, take a screenshot each time you see someone getting the ocean orb and send in a ticket. Archosaur was the server with the rollback, there is no need for other servers to get the ocean orbs as well. If people are abusing the codes on other servers, maybe PWE will actually do something about it this time and ban the morons regardless of how high a level they are and how much money they have spent.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't find this as an abuse. You get a unique code, and if they chose to use it on another server or give it away, it's still only once usable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I actually agree with you for the most part. There is a first time for everything...

If that is true, take a screenshot each time you see someone getting the ocean orb and send in a ticket. Archosaur was the server with the rollback, there is no need for other servers to get the ocean orbs as well. If people are abusing the codes on other servers, maybe PWE will actually do something about it this time and ban the morons regardless of how high a level they are and how much money they have spent.

+1 to this and waiting to hear people that actually did this have to nerve to post anything defending their actions. Just hoping this doesnt turn into something like the goon glitch where pwi swears to exact justice on those responsible for doing something they shouldnt just to not do so. People doing things like this are exactly why the game is getting worse and worse....not all the blame can be put on PWE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Okay just to clarify, is the issue that people that do not have toons on the archosaur server received and redeemed codes?

Or is that they received their code because as someone on the Archosaur server they were affected by the rollback, but then chose to spend it on a different character?

Either way i'll poke a gm about it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I didn't get one and could care less, why do people complain about everything? the people who are complaining are frankly butthurt and jealous. So far ive seen less than 10 people with it in red spam, not that big of a deal and before u blow off saying that "i dont care cause i got coins flowing out of my ***" im prbly poorer than the three of you combine.

Kitty if pwi gives everyone a orb the people who actually farmed or bought it will complain about being on the same level, just give it a rest.

Still expect to see silly ragers and their dumb remarks to a silly topic.
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited November 2013
    Okay just to clarify, is the issue that people that do not have toons on the archosaur server received and redeemed codes? Not this...

Or is that they received their code because as someone on the Archosaur server they were affected by the rollback, but then chose to spend it on a different character that wasn't even on that server? ...but this one.

The issue ish that they used the code for character on Raging Tide, not for character on Archosaur like they were supposed to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay just to clarify, is the issue that people that do not have toons on the archosaur server received and redeemed codes?

Or is that they received their code because as someone on the Archosaur server they were affected by the rollback, but then chose to spend it on a different character?

My guess is they have a character on Morai or Archosaur, and are using it on the unaffected servers, or buying codes from people I would suspect are selling the codes in WC, like whenever something like this happened in the past.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    how do you do this :O An ocean orb would get me a nice lil' tome b:dirty

EDIT: Nvm, need a toon on Archo already b:cry
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is only one fix for this, rollback all the servers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dammit i shouldve made an alt on archosaur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    dammit i shouldve made an alt on archosaur

What is funny is that i have an alt on Archosaurs server but i did not get this email so what are they only emailing certain people? hardly seems fair if u ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My guess is they have a character on Morai or Archosaur, and are using it on the unaffected servers, or buying codes from people I would suspect are selling the codes in WC, like whenever something like this happened in the past.

Why are you including Morai that way ? People shouldn't be able to use those codes on Morai either...
    And actually maybe it could be accepted that some people that have been impacted by Archosaur's bug choose to use it on another of their toon elsewhere BUT I'm pretty sure most of them don't really play on Achosaur anymore... so that's a real problem unbalancing other servers.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well ther is this thread about pple not being able to login to archosaur at all.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1643741

half the reason its being used on another server could be this
    they be like "DUDE IF WE DONT USE IT NOW THEY MIGHT TAKE THE CODE AWAY USE ITTTTT"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's messed up. So bascially you could just have a level 1 alt there and you could it use on your main char on another server? Meh. Just give everyone a code, seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's messed up. So bascially you could just have a level 1 alt there and you could it use on your main char on another server? Meh. Just give everyone a code, seriously.
    I have a level 1 character in archosaur and I didn't get anything.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If people have chars on Arch than who care where they use the codes? It's not like if people was creating chars today and getting a code for chars created after the roll back.

I doubt there's that many people that have chars they don't use on Arch.

I have chars lvl8x on HT, but don't really play there, if I was able to get a code for stuff, I don't think it's a big deal if I was using on HL. it's not a R9rr+12 set, it's a orb and few pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Always this QQ about free stuff from PWE
    "QQ PWE give us more free shizz!!!!!"
    Then we get the free shizz and we see
    "QQ why u give free shizz"

If those people that used the code on RT or any other server then Archo don't feel the need to use it on Archo why MAKE them use it there? It's a compensation code for Archo but if the people that got the code wanna use it on another server, let them, i mean wtf is wrong with people nowadays.... If the orbs were tradeable i could understand the QQ...but they aren't...
    And no i didn't get the code, and still i think its up to the person effected by the rollback how they use it b:bye
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I didn't get a code. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    If people have chars on Arch than who care where they use the codes? It's not like if people was creating chars today and getting a code for chars created after the roll back.

I doubt there's that many people that have chars they don't use on Arch.

I have chars lvl8x on HT, but don't really play there, if I was able to get a code for stuff, I don't think it's a big deal if I was using on HL. it's not a R9rr+12 set, it's a orb and few pots.

I have a lvl 5 archer i dont use on the archosaur server but i have had it there for ever and i didnt get the code in my email ijs. Not that i would use it since i dont want hate on me but if pwi says its ok u better believe i will submit a ticket asking for my code lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    I have a lvl 5 archer i dont use on the archosaur server but i have had it there for ever and i didnt get the code in my email ijs. Not that i would use it since i dont want hate on me but if pwi says its ok u better believe i will submit a ticket asking for my code lol

I have a friend that have a char lvl 6x on Arch and didn't got a code, so it seems like it was randomly sent or I dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited November 2013
    Always this QQ about free stuff from PWE
    "QQ PWE give us more free shizz!!!!!"
    Then we get the free shizz and we see
    "QQ why u give free shizz"

If those people that used the code on RT or any other server then Archo don't feel the need to use it on Archo why MAKE them use it there? It's a compensation code for Archo but if the people that got the code wanna use it on another server, let them, i mean wtf is wrong with people nowadays.... If the orbs were tradeable i could understand the QQ...but they aren't...
    And no i didn't get the code, and still i think its up to the person effected by the rollback how they use it b:bye

The point ish that it gives rather unfair advantage for those players that have a baby character(that they don't really play and thus they didn't lose anything on rollback) on Archosaur and they use it for their main's(that's on other server) advantage. On RT value of that Dragon Orb Ocean ish about the same that Kitty gets by farming 1,5 weeks hard, so it really doesn't feel right to work hard for something others get by misusing something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    The point ish that it gives rather unfair advantage for those players that have a baby character(that they don't really play) on Archosaur and they use it for their main's(that's on other server) advantage. On RT value of that Dragon Orb Ocean ish about the same that Kitty gets by farming 1,5 weeks hard, so it really doesn't feel right to work hard for something others get by misusing something like this.

Doesn't seems like all low lvl got it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't seems like all low lvl got it.

The problem is that they cant just offer it to certain players of certain levels and call it a fix. It needs to be made available for EVERYONE at this point. It is an unfair advantage and it is going to **** up other servers balance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So far I've seen people get 3 or so of the orbs sent to them on the same character...You'd better be kidding me that not only do not all of us get this code, but some of the others found a way to get more than one reward sent to them? Not cool.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First off, the code wasn't sent to only archo, it was also sent to some Morai accounts as well. If you had a toon on either you could possibly get a code. I have a character on morai and I recieved a code.

Secondly, there is nothing in the e-mail that says you can't redeem this on any server other than archo or morai. If they truely intended to make it redeemable on only one of those servers they would have.

Thirdly, its just 1 +10 orb, its not a huge deal. I could understand if it was 3 like the e-mail said there would be. And th eonly gear it would make a huge differenc eon is r9t3, which it cant be used on because technically r9t3 is 'G17' or higher, since I used my +10 on my g16 helm, because it wouldn't let me use it on my r9t3 chest.

Fourthly, apparently not all the codes have been sent out so be patient if you should get one and havent.

And Finally, its not misusing anything seeing as its not bound to being sent to a specific server, its just redeeming something where you want it to be. If they wanted it to be sent to archo or morai they would have made it that way. If you have the option to send it to another server, you can take that option if you see fit.

Edit: also to add another thing, people getting more than 1 orb just have multiple accounts that got a code and redeemed it on a singular account. Since the codes are individualized per account, but can be redeemed on any account.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The point ish that it gives rather unfair advantage for those players that have a baby character(that they don't really play and thus they didn't lose anything on rollback) on Archosaur and they use it for their main's(that's on other server) advantage. On RT value of that Dragon Orb Ocean ish about the same that Kitty gets by farming 1,5 weeks hard, so it really doesn't feel right to work hard for something others get by misusing something like this.

I smell another rollback b:laugh
    Because we all know PWE and to even think they make this code available for everyone is ridiculous xD
    I get your point, but my point is all the QQing gets you/us nowhere.
    PWE screwed up and We, the players, have to suffer the consequence like everytime...
    We should get used to it.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what else do you expect from a company that employs nothing but rucking fetards? They will **** on your leg and tell you it isnt them, it is you. They will punch you in the face laughing, while saying sorry. Perfect World simply does not care. There is no thought put into anything they do.
    Look at the last update. NPCs are still missing. Server maintenance has taken hours and hours longer then they said it would be, in some cases +/- 15 hours. Ticket times are a joke and are usually met with cut and paste stuff. CSing rewards STILL not handed out to people after waiting weeks. They put more time and effort into launching new content, before even trying to think about fixing what is already broken.

I will bet my left nut that the new update coming out in Dec will be riddled with more bugs then a homeless guy.
    NGTUy53.png

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't mind people getting one free +10 orb, but seeing people get 3 sent to them completely free is ridiculous...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • taptaylor
    taptaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can someone tell me how to get the code in the 1st place?
This discussion has been closed.