Raging Tide's Music Thread

2»

Comments

• Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b:victory Music is like ice cream. There are many types or genre over the years. There seem to be new categories and subcategories every year as styles change, blend and merge with each other as they evolve in time to new styles and sounds. What is "popular music" and which year do you mean ?

In the 1890s, the popular dance music was to what we call Marches. By 1915, the tastes had moved to more classical sounds with the then "Elvis" like Enrico Caruso. Pop culture and kids didn't wait long to find a new super star by 1930 with Rudy Vallee. :)

I'm thinking that you probably know about Country merging with Gospel and birthing Rock and Roll in the 1950's. From there on, the music evolution continues. No right or wrong styles, like ice cream, everyone is entitled to their own choice for what sounds best to them. I've always laughed at polls for "best ever" music as they have only a limited selection for a period. It's all good. b:laugh

I'll add another personal AM radio favorite here.

b:bye
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b:victory Music is like ice cream. There are many types or genre over the years. There seem to be new categories and subcategories every year as styles change, blend and merge with each other as they evolve in time to new styles and sounds. What is "popular music" and which year do you mean ?

In the 1890s, the popular dance music was to what we call Marches. By 1915, the tastes had moved to more classical sounds with the then "Elvis" like Enrico Caruso. Pop culture and kids didn't wait long to find a new super star by 1930 with Rudy Vallee. :)

I'm thinking that you probably know about Country merging with Gospel and birthing Rock and Roll in the 1950's. From there on, the music evolution continues. No right or wrong styles, like ice cream, everyone is entitled to their own choice for what sounds best to them. I've always laughed at polls for "best ever" music as they have only a limited selection for a period. It's all good. b:laugh

I'll add another personal AM radio favorite here.

b:bye

Thanks for sharing this Boartracker, The Stones are some great rockers. The vid you linked is from when they were starting to move away from the typical "British Invasion" style with the matching monkey suits. Here's another one from the early years when they were forced to follow the dress code "formula," before they were able to "stick it to the man" and don their trademark rebellious fashion. The Rolling Stones, Out of Time

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Colt Ford blends Country, Rock and Hip Hop for a nice sound.

My current favorite is Waste Some Time (Colt Ford, Nic Cowan and a couple of guys representing Nappy Roots).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtYqvSoUOTc

NOTE: If you watch it, scroll to about 1:05 to miss the "If you build it, they will come" parody-prelude involving some golf balls and a cow.

I never heard of him before I saw the John Anderson cover of his previous hit, "Swingin" featuring Colt Ford, recently done for a new movie...about porta-potties and meteorites apparently. b:chuckle

That lead me on a trail of Colt's other songs and covers like, "There Ain't No Trash In My Trailer", and to "Po Folks" and "AwwNaw" by Nappy Roots. Haven't really had time to check Nic out much yet. *shrugs*

All good stuff. Funny, uplifting, positive feeling, good vibrations...

Waste Some Time suits 'right now'. Who doesnt wanna be hanging with friends by a lake about now? b:victory
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow brilliance, that's awesome, thanks for posting this. I always like a good country and western or occasional rap, the blended genres in this one is really well done.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People who know me know that I'm a huge fan of Strange Music. It's only right that I share that with the world from time to time. Welcome to Strangeland, it goes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMvewdbYIVI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
    edited June 2013
    You're welcome Linc. :)
    edited June 2013
    Speaking of links - last one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNYxbQkhxs

Vitas - Lucia Di Lammermoorr (il dolce suono - the sweet sound)

Vitas blends techno, dance, jazz, folk and classical in his music. He's Russian. In this song, he's singing an Italian opera libretto, blending techno, dance and classical. Enjoy! b:victory

P.S. He's a soprano with a 5 octave range that sings in falsetto. Start your volume out on moderate then adjust to whats comfortable.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Come and Get it -Selena Gomez

keeping it alive!b:pleased
  • FallenNix - Raging Tide
    FallenNix - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Linkin Park-Lost In The Echo
  • CielDeLumen - Raging Tide
    CielDeLumen - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is great! I love all kinds of music, so let me know if there are any types you want to hear about.

For the meantime, what I'm listening to at the moment:

Two Steps From Hell - Skyworld

This band (if you can call them that) does all sorts of orchestral songs and such, some of which have been used as movie trailers, as it is that sort. Choir, occasional electric guitar, et cetera.
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013

AHH! Rickrolled! b:chuckle well played Tony thanks! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • FallenNix - Raging Tide
    FallenNix - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Throwback Thursday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7spBU4Yv8fE

Rob Thomas-Lonely No More.
    edited February 2014
    Rob is good. He has yet to prove to be great. Santana saw something in him, and collaborated with him. Awesomeness...Smooth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Whgn_iE5uc

Street parties are great. Red Hot Chili Peppers with Anthony Keidis are very creative...very californian...fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saoTaJmh5Dw

Wonderful...lovely...Charles & Eddie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_UXvcr22rM

This is the one and only true piece of art I know of that showcases Mariah Carey and every aspect of her truely gifted voice. The first and the best...a masterpiece..brilliantly stellar in every way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tov22NtCMC4

Okay, last one! I swear! :p The Neville Brothers...Aaron Neville's voice can reach right in and touch your heart...nothing to see, just listen. epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMFkim8lP4
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really like Neville Brothers Bri :)
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
    edited June 2014
    I really like Neville Brothers Bri :)

yeah... <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

If you cant get into it then get a 1.5L bootle of DOCG certified Tomaiolo Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita Riserva 2008 Chianti and try again!

(;;( (~.o) )..)

"...lend me some sugar! I AM your neighbor!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw

..Thank god for Mom and Dad for sticking 2 together, cause we dont know how..
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This Is Halloween Cause It's my theme song I Bring Halloween 24/7
    Well Okay For real Wrecking Ball Cause Nothing feels better then Riding Nude "Twerky Star Wink"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • mawtiee
    mawtiee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wowza
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Taylor Swift- Shake it off! & Meghan Trainor- All about that bass
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tech N9ne - Fragile
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Demon Kogure - The Demonic Symphony Suite Opus 666 in Dm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    My favorite song MGMT-Electric Feel
    The only GOP
  • crazyelf
    crazyelf Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My Favorite songs are everything except heavy thrashing scream-o Great remix anime song using Quad City DJs vs ClariS songs oh I love alot K-Pop, J-Pop You name it I like it Dj sammy - Fly on the wings of love,Erasure-Always etc to much to put down lol
    95c3b8f8430f338ab14e1c3847da21b71369940907_full.png
    I am A True Tsundere and I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:cute
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2 Shawty_Star
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2 Mako_Sato
    Demon Venomancer- 99 Crazy_Roxy