New Attendance System

Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Suggestion Box
I know the monthly rewards are lame, but who know what will be the yearly reward :) But there is slightly problem, at least for me, dont know about others, i hate blinking icons so i clicking on them every time to turn them off, thats a good way to accomplish the Daily check in, but...im logged in mostly 24/7, after lvl100 not too much thing to do in game, and im playing with 1 toon only, doing others RL things so sometimes cheking in the game, doing bh1 or morai, chatting a lil and so, but mostly im forgetting about Attendance, its 12th and i already have 4 misses b:cry i know its my fault and not complaining, just saying it would be good to have some kinda of daily warning for already logged in ppl, like i dont know, after server reset the icon could blink or a pop up window or anything to see that there s a new day in PWI and we can Check in for Attendance b:pleased
pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    That... could potentially get very annoying or turn into something like the warning message for NPCing "rare" items that literally everyone ignores.

There are items that can be used to make up for missing days, though. So really you just have to make sure to check it both when you get on and before you get off. Easiest way to make sure you get it since a bit of diligence should be allowed to pay off.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    You are right, and i know that :( the problem is that im not logging off and not logging in :) only at maint or DC, but lately dont have much DCs, and i know there is Absence notes, tou i didnt saw them many in game, i was just thinking it would be good to have some daily warning about attendance, of course that was just my opinion, and i do understand that a warning could be very annoying thing :) tou the blinking icon just like when after ppl log in, or an auto Check in option b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Yeah that's what I mean. Even for someone who doesn't actually log off, you can still just... check once you get to the computer and decide to start playing as well as check again when you're about to stop or take a break. Better safe than sorry and all that, after all.

Besides, if they did this in a way that wasn't obvious, it would be fairly easy to miss anyway for the same reasons a person would forget to check in to begin with. And the flip side is if they made it too obvious, it would just annoy lots of people or get ignored and wind up not serving its intended purpose.

It'd be useful, sure, since we're all human and may make mistakes. But I wouldn't really consider it a big enough concern that it should have any sort of priority. Especially since many people will likely not even have a chance to log in daily for the entire year due to school/work/injury/family/etc. So it's already only going to help a very select group of people... and that's without accounting for absence notes being able to cover for missing days within the month.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    great all pwi needs is another annoying blinking warning thing. anyway just don't be lazy or stupid and actualy remember to click on it, if you need pwi to tell you to remeber then your brain dead.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    great all pwi needs is another annoying blinking warning thing. anyway just don't be lazy or stupid and actualy remember to click on it, if you need pwi to tell you to remeber then your brain dead.

1. "blinking thing" is there anyways when you log on
    2. dont need to be stupid or lazy to forget something, that way even you would be like you said "stupid and lazy cause im sure you forgetting stuff...
    3. pwi telling me to remember it when/if im logging in,

so i dont understand why do i need to be insulted with other ppl together, this is a suggestion thread, i saw something what is not perfect for some ppl who is logged on 24/7, and just made a suggestion, Kossy said his opinion on this suggestiopn and yes he is right about it and i accepted the answer, and yes i made some "QQ' on the forum, but i dont think so i ever offended anyone, at least not on purpose, and i know there will always be someone making offense posts, i just dont like them thats all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    attendance system is only for schools b:victory