massive lags

deratizator
deratizator Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Since yesterday me and some of my friends started to experience massive lags..like..3x punch and lag for 5 sec....double drop lasts longer so i doubt its all about the amount of players online...also its not my internet...is pwi server messing with us again? b:cry
Post edited by deratizator on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Since yesterday me and some of my friends started to experience massive lags..like..3x punch and lag for 5 sec....double drop lasts longer so i doubt its all about the amount of players online...also its not my internet...is pwi server messing with us again? b:cry
    Not likely

And...
    "also its not my internet.." ~ prove it.

"is pwi server messing with us again?" ~ Nope. It's more likely something in-between you and the server.

And to figure that out...
    Read this.
    People hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until you bother to provide more information. And seriously, there's a much better chance that the issue is either on your end, or somewhere between you and the servers. Unfortunately, that can't be determined until you give us something to work with.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your antivirus/security software. (Especially with Norton360 or MSE)
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it. (Common with some modems.)
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common withNorton360, ZoneAlarm, and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly. (Or it's just a cheap router that can't handle the traffic you're putting on it.)
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list of possible issues.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone/cable line at the pole and it's raining. (I have personally had this happen.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (Most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (Has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (This has happened more than a few times. More often occurs with trunk lines crossing large bodies of water)

That's just a few. Sometimes, the easiest fix is something like shutting down your Modem/Router/PC for three minutes and then bringing them back up. Unfortunately, all you've done is complain about having high latency. You haven't done anything that might lead someone who can help you, to be able to help you resolve the issue you're having.
    The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

At an absolute minimum I would need a copy of a traceroute to the server, and detailed information about how your local network is configured. In some cases, even a published Speccy log.

You don't have to be a tech wiz to provide any of this information either. You just need to be able to click the links I provided and to read and comprehend/follow instructions. I can understand you're frustrated, but sitting and complaining about a connection, without actually ever attempting to fix it, or provide information for those that can help you fix it, it probably one of the stupidest things you can do. If you feel offended by this statement, then you really need to take a closer look at reality.
    Sweetiebot, please show the server status
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deratizator
    edited November 2013
    the lags stoped now...weird is that all the friends have no problems again....all had it since yesterday...and now its ok again
    and its server lag when u hit, have 5 sec freeze but in real you still hit and the mobs lose hp = server lag b:pleased if i was the one lagging i wouldnt hit at all

but my problem is solved now D: hope its permanent
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    the lags stoped now...weird is that all the friends have no problems again....all had it since yesterday...and now its ok again
    and its server lag when u hit, have 5 sec freeze but in real you still hit and the mobs lose hp = server lag b:pleased if i was the one lagging i wouldnt hit at all

but my problem is solved now D: hope its permanent
    What you're describing isn't "server lag" it's latency in the signal that goes from you to the server and back. There's a damn good chance that the complete round trip passed through anywhere from 15 to 30 or 40 different regional routers. Possibly even some international trunk lines that run underwater, (depending on where you live in relation to the server).

All you've described is one or more of those many hops in between your PC and the server having a problem, and now they've resolved it.

Hell, if your signal goes anywhere through the Northern US over the past 48 hours, I would be surprised if you didn't experience lag with the damage done by that storm we just had.

SO maybe it's not your end. That still doesn't prove it's the server. Get real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deratizator
    edited November 2013
    still doesnt change the fact that i couldnt farm 2 days during double drop thx to problem that wasnt on my side :P im personally ok but sorry for those who lost the items in roll back and now they couldnt farm em back b:surrender...
    anyway can this thread be closed? b:pleased
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the lags stoped now...

...but my problem is solved now D: hope its permanent

Well then the panda sees no point in this thread carrying on since OP says they have solved it.

-closed-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
This discussion has been closed.