Class that scares you the most in NW?

Options
Kendaichi - Dreamweaver
Kendaichi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Nation Wars
Try to avoid saying any class that has r93r +12 all around, and if you can don't just say "all casters/all melees" let's try to be a bit specific... if we can... it's hard for me to think of which class truly scares me the most.

If I had to pick one... I would have to say psys/other seekers.

Both have an insane amount of damage coming from them if they're played right/geared decently. I am giving the edge to psys though since they can really pull out some damage potential thanks to their voodoo... even if they are a double edged sword.
Post edited by Kendaichi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Archers, they always purge me the first shot and they always crit 10k on me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As a mystic I have voted for Archers but actually this would be Archers with purge bow.
    Why ? Because archers have more range than me and can do a lot of quick phy damage on me. And even if mystics can have a lot physical defense due to their autobuff, you need to have time to rebuff after the purge (and then potentially be debuffed again and again).

So basically archers are the more suited ones to kill me before I even notice their presence... and when I die in NW I would say that an archer is involved in 50-60% of my deaths...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Archers with a well-refined r9 or r9rr bow 100%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Venos, I just about never die w/ buffs.. venos take my b00fs away :(
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Archers, more or less, with a well-refined R9 or R9 recast bow.
    If I get purged I'll probably die right after and another reason is that sometimes I'll get shot from a place I can't see or not notice until it's too late.

I don't struggle with Archers so much if I'm able to spot them before they do or if I'm close enough to cast Fossilized Curse which gives me room to kite or counter-attack. Blazing Barrier/Feral don't always help since sometimes I don't have time time to cast them (due to what I just said; noticing them too late).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Its a toss up between archer's and venos... but venos come out on top.

It is true, yes, that archers do good dps and have a chance to purge. That can be nasty. However, at the same time, my class is built to counter physical damage quite well, with plume shell, vanguard spirit, and 79 shells, and heals. An archer who hits me has a chance to purge me, yes... but he also has a more than good chance to give me a purify proc too, and send me on my way to capping the flag.

A venomancer, on the other hand, has a guaranteed purge. They will also steal most if not all of my chi, turn me into a puffbird to prevent me from using skills, and amp, and debuff with their 79 skills. All of this has precisely 0% chance of ticking my purify proc weapon, which means it is very very difficult to avoid a veno having their way with you unless you the veno is really weak (you one shot it), really stupid (tries to dps on you), you have allies to clear the veno off, or any of the above.

Other classes? A blademaster who knows what he is doing is actually somewhat scary... he avoids dpsing, just does basic stun and hf and 79 seal. Very deadly to a flag runner... did I mention I run a lot of flags? Every other class has their ways of being dangerous, but when it all comes down to it, purge blows everything else out of the water (particularly since I can so readily purify off debuffs in general), which means generally I fear archers and venos. I usually fight outnumbered too lol.

I fear clerics a lot, but not because I'm worried so much about dying to one, but more because I worry about being delayed by one. In the fights where I'm outnumbered, if I'm in the air and a clever cleric spots me, they can seal of gods/sleep lock me for a while, letting their allies deliver the flag instead of me going and killing the flag carrier (this is a fairly common occurrence... I use an ironguard and fire off a combo which, unless the carrier is really tank or has heals, kills most people).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Archers are overpowered.
    The only people who disagree are archers and Adroit because he's a level 105 Human God class and nothing is OP to him.

The damage they do is very very high, best range in the game, phy and magic attacks, debuffs out the butt, two sprints and antistuns, leaps, stealth, chance to purge, chi skill, shield skill

F-ck archers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Venos. As usually I'm getting ganked in Nw, Purge amp and bewitch = death if apo is on cd. Can counter it with faith, winged shell, alacrity away and hope I can tank the damage on my way out, but its a move that for them costs very little but for me very costly and annoying. b:surrender

Hence why foxes are KoS.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Venos. As usually I'm getting ganked in Nw, Purge amp and bewitch = death if apo is on cd. Can counter it with faith, winged shell, alacrity away and hope I can tank the damage on my way out, but its a move that for them costs very little but for me very costly and annoying. b:surrender

Hence why foxes are KoS.

^ This. Combine with the fact that pretty much any veno of any gear level that you let in range is going to do this, and they are by far the class I have the most issues with - even if they aren't necessarily the ones that actually get the kill.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Being squishy still, and having usually plume shell on, I must say archers can output enough DD fast enough to drain my whole mp + hp quicker than any other class, regardless of being purged or not.

b:shocked
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Archers and Venos for purge reasons obviously, and i hate finding high soulforce psys, cause i get sealed every 2-3 hits so their charm saves them and is impossible to kill them
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    b:angry venos most annonying class on game b:sad always puring tho tidal and and amping and making you a cute fluffy birdie b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mines would be a Archer after 3-4 hits purge. 4-5 different hits if i'm not careful= dead.b:sad
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I feel mystics are being underrated ...
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:cry This is why i don't NW...

Na but as a mystic i just.. try to focus on healings squad members, debuffing, controling people and trying to kill the people who aren't all r9r3 +10 >_< What reallly kills me are those R9R3 +10 archers >:( The wtf purge stun dead in 2 seconds thing is kind of sad Q.Q
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mystics are the most annoying class in NW (next to a good cleric), not the scariest. Most annoying because of how they can indefinitely abuse rez buff to protect a crystal in crystal contest fight.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Demon Venos best flag carrier ever!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mystics are the most annoying class in NW (next to a good cleric), not the scariest. Most annoying because of how they can indefinitely abuse rez buff to protect a crystal in crystal contest fight.

I noticed that in NW last night, had a mystic keep resing on the spot, was rather annoying. D: lol
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • CielDeLumen - Raging Tide
    CielDeLumen - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Top class that scares me is probably archer. Why? Their insane range. Almost every archer hits from at least 30 meters away, and some sages with Galvanic Aura or such can hit from up to 40 meters away. I can't even see them at that range! And if you do live long enough to see and try to catch them, they have arrows to stop you before you catch them, ways to become immune to my stunlock fairly frequently, genies and kite skills and such that make chasing them a real pain.

After archer, I'd say venos played well, for their versatility which well counters my own. b:victory

After that, seekers, since they are a pain to kill. b:surrender

Just my thoughts, as a bm. Granted, much of it depends on player skill, there are some archers/venos/seekers that do not pose a threat. But purely based off of class, archer.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Indefinetely seems a little exagerated b:chuckle
    And in this case, as a cleric, you can just keep them asleep rather than killing them (usually I guess this is the best thing a cleric can do against a mystic to avoid being killed anyway)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • I_skateboard - Harshlands
    I_skateboard - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hate every single archer on my server that's r9rrr but if it's g16 i can take it. Those purges thob:cry
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Where's the option "They're all as scary" ? Kitty doesn't find any class the most scariest, but the players playing them well. Kitty's noticed this quite well in NW as Kitty's played half of classes there(mystic, BM, psy and barb yet to try) and they all kill quite equally.

As it's more mass-PVP than before, BMs, sins and mystics are bit less scary than before, but they're still very scary if played well. Luckily those 3 aren't in general played as well as some casters.
    Barbs usually take hellishly long to die(unless they're using phys. ornies, poor dead nab barbs), but majority of sage barbs running in tiggie form hit so weakly that they can be ignored. Demon barbs also hit hard with all their crit+-stuff so they're hard enemies.
    Wizzies and psys hit some nasty damage if they're not 1-shot enough quick.
    Good clerics can tank like hell even in VD due to Plume Shell. If they're nuked when it's on CD, they're easy kills. Tempest hurts.
    Archers are rather annoying too if they're ignored. They usually have low defence though so they're not too hard to kill.
    Venos can purge, but they usually spend on their pet instead of their gears so they're relatively squishy in general and thus quite easy to kill.
    Seekers can be tankyish, and hit quite meaniely if they know their combos. Luckily majority doesn't.

Kitty thinks every class has their weaknesses and strenghts making them vulnerable to some and almost invincible to some classes(maybe best example: wizzie kills majority of classes well, but against mystic it's pretty much draw, archers being meanie pewpewers towards wizzie if they hit first from outside wizzie's range).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    In my experience, archers are the biggest pain to me, but I agree wholeheartedly with Kitty's above comment.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Its situational. Strictly assuming r9r3/relatively end game stuff for this:

1 on 1, if I'm going to get killed its probably most often to an archer who gets a purge shot on me and then I'm most likely dead within a few arrows. This is especially problematic if they start attacking me before I go after them, since QS proc means i may have already been shot full of arrows before I know whats happening.

In groups, I really hate venos. Damn purges.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes