PWI in 2014 and beyond - SERVER MERGES

Options
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
Hello my dear friends =)

Thank you for the time spared in order to look at my thread :)

Its been years now, many of you have built PWI as we know it today - and spent long hours, days.. playing - and it was worth it.

After 5 years, hundreds of TWs, max gearing up and being 105 - i need more ppl to play with or game wont keep me.

My guild and friends will keep me, but not the game itself.

In order for game to keep up the interest - there have to be server mergers or PWI will be forgotten.

Thus vote! Vote for our future!
Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
Post edited by Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The cities are crowded enough on Raging Tide, I can see the up's....... But I see more downs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok let's do it !

So, which server wants to merge with Archosaur ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Has been asked a gazillion times, has been explained a gazillion times why it's unlikely to happen.

Shared name databases etc, etc. They could resolve it by just adding some sort of suffix so toon names or handing out rename stones and checking all databases as 1.
    Likelyhood of it ever happening though? Highly unlikely.

Even though i'll say yes because it'd be nice if it did happen.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Would only support it if they made it PvP. (since other east coast server is PvE)
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Would only support it if they made it PvP. (since other east coast server is PvE)

PvE server, if you want to PvP, hit the PK button, problem solved for the PvP'ers.
    Forcing PvE servers and the people that join those because of not wanting forced PvP to suddenly go PvP without an option would be incredibly stupid.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Server transfers instead. And make it one time transfer.
  • Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkbarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i cant see it. i see the new commision shops going inter-server, i see new name change stones now added, i see economies leveling out across the servers, chinas getting interserver battles, so maybe just allowing server switching and letting the servers level out as they will. that plus everyone returning to level 1 again would allow for a new batch of people to come in and refresh the game. maybe. hopefully.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dreamweaver looks fine.
    I don't want/like a merge.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No merge thank you.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Has been asked a gazillion times, has been explained a gazillion times why it's unlikely to happen.

Shared name databases etc, etc. They could resolve it by just adding some sort of suffix so toon names or handing out rename stones and checking all databases as 1.
    Likelyhood of it ever happening though? Highly unlikely.

Even though i'll say yes because it'd be nice if it did happen.
    lol'd at using "etc" when providing only one example.

The unlikelihood of merging just because of the name server's database makes little sense, especially when there's options that include not messing with that database. Logically, coding a full on "merge" requiring name changes for everyone is much smarter (instead of doing two server merges) and done pretty regularly throughout the MMO industry in this situation.

OTOH, I've seen it before where rather than merge servers, they milk what's left of the profit from the game, then simply pull the plug on it.

Given the unpredictability with PWI, I have no idea which will happen, which should caution people against dumping money into a game that has an unknown (often times bleak) future.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ...and in a half year, you'll be bored again with the rest of the PKers.

Yea, no ty. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just been playing to kill time for the past 5 years.The oh sht lvl of excitement in this game left in early 2009,stuff was a lil harder then but now it's so easy to get rich off a few bh's a day so I just shrug my shoulders and carry on.

As of merging servers,hell no,we don't want other servers to taint our well being because our server is just fine as is.

And as of pking that's been dead for a long time prob due to the op heavy cash shopping lately.when you have to confine pk at one location like wast gate then it's no longer pk it's just a community sausage fest.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That's what you get for killing pvp/charging so much money. b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    TW wise id like to see a merge on sanctuary just so that there is a bit more challenge.

But then the problem of west archo. Its already packed with catshops.... Wont be even able to target and click them with a new population coming in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PvE server, if you want to PvP, hit the PK button, problem solved for the PvP'ers.
    Forcing PvE servers and the people that join those because of not wanting forced PvP to suddenly go PvP without an option would be incredibly stupid.

There are more than enough instances to hide in if you don't want to PVP.

PVP servers are really not that bad. I rarely have people shooting at me on the open map outside of the two obvious spots, but people only go those two spots to pk anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i voted for a server merge but pve wise or maybe pwi change something which make it more better for the pk'ers too. i want play the game not hide most of the time some where because of stalkers. i am the most time out of sz. arc don't force me to quite this game, but this reason for sure when only pvp.
    i am not against pvp in general, i would like to do it, but i want have a chance to win too.
    when i lose a pvp fight because of my fault i have no problem, but when i lose always because i am not r9rr +10-12 this make me mad like hell.

you can be a *pwi einstein* and you will not win. only when your *best geared* enemy
    -is drunken
    -is stoned
    - has a ping from 15-20k
    -is afk
    -is on toilet for more than 5 minutes
    -playing with boy/girlfriend instead of pwi

t3 vs r9rr is the same sh.it we had with r8 vs r9
    i don't want steal this thread for a pve-pvp discusion, its only my opinion why not pvp server merge.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Eh, no thanks. Server merge didn't help Morai server. Sure it was thriving for the first few weeks, but then it dwindled back down as if it never happened, so I'll stick to my DW and RT, though I hardly play in RT anymore...That server is actually not as lively as DW unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think they have already messed up the servers enough with basic stuff, you think you can really trust them with this? Ha you a funny person...b:laughb:laugh
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok let's do it !

So, which server wants to merge with Archosaur ?

Oh oh oh oh! Pick Lost City. Pick us please!!!
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh oh oh oh! Pick Lost City. Pick us please!!!
    I doubt even herpes would pick Archosaur.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There are more than enough instances to hide in if you don't want to PVP.

PVP servers are really not that bad. I rarely have people shooting at me on the open map outside of the two obvious spots, but people only go those two spots to pk anyway.

This. And again, no point in me playing on a carebear server. PvP doesn't prevent you from questing (it's bannable) but yes, I really am that aggressive I refuse to play on a server that gives people *more* ways to be chickens over pixels. I don't like PvE. I chose a PvP server for a reason.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Whats wrong with archosaur ?

(serious question, as i have never been on another server)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    is archosaur even a server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    nop thx Im happy with DWb:bye
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I kinda agree with Deceptistar here.
    TW on Sanctuary has been meh for a couple of weeks now but I don't think Sanctuary itself needs a merge yet.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Whats wrong with archosaur ?

(serious question, as i have never been on another server)

I never played on Archosaur and my saccarstic question was only related to the rollback recently done on Archosaur. Maybe it could have happened on any other server as well though...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Takkahana - Heavens Tear
    Takkahana - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This. And again, no point in me playing on a carebear server. PvP doesn't prevent you from questing (it's bannable) but yes, I really am that aggressive I refuse to play on a server that gives people *more* ways to be chickens over pixels. I don't like PvE. I chose a PvP server for a reason.

I like carebears! b:kissb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:cute TSUNAMI BOTTLES!!!! b:dirty