[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Comments

• Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While 5 hypers are "nice" f:poo I think PWI needs to make an official announcement as to what really happened. Currently the rumors flying around the server are serious enough to do permanent damage to the game (even more than the roll back already has) and unless you come right out and tell what happened these rumors are going to continue to get more extreme. The biggest problem is going to be if these rumors spread beyond our community and with social media now days it may not take very long. While most people right now are raging about compensation, your biggest concern should be reassuring the client base that you have things under control.

I know right now things are probably bad for you and heads may be rolling at the office, but you need to remind the Devs that while the silent treatment may work in China, it will not work here in the US. I can only assume that you need permission from the Devs to release any information so it's important you stress to them about the culture differences in our society. Here we need people to be upfront and honest or it will only compound the issue and in the end make it far worse.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm.. can i get three absent notes. please?? b:shutup

Should I put in a ticket to get absent notes for two characters for the three days?

Or is the good attendance for those days going to be restored? If so, when??

I have more than two characters, but only two have been checking in..
  • Asgryx - Archosaur
    Asgryx - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I m a software professional. I know these things happen, especially on a server that is always on-line, but... PWI should improve compensation for losses.

I lost rr9 gear (I bought the gst and medals and I craft them), badges, mold for rrr9, exp, EoDs and more.

I ask PWI, as a minimum, to lower boutique prices less than half of the current, for 10 or 15 days in order to recover at least some of the losses (for example, the chips were 25 silver when I bought them, and now they are 50). I have spend money here...
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As part of our on-going compensation efforts, we'll be giving out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players who redeem the following coupon code:

3HTYJKE

It can be used only once per account, but for ANY server.

We are still looking into further ways to compensate for the rollbacks and various networking issues experienced recently, so expect more updates to come!

are you kidding me ? hypers taht too for all ? DUDE ? SERIOUS ? What kind of an idiotic stupid person would think of asking me to get 5 hypers huh ? and why ? is that your fkng compensation ? How freaking low can you get ?

I really wanna see all those smart a$$ people speak up now, who were trusting on the compensation, where are you kossy ? what you have to say now ?wait... i know what they will say...

Guys, think of what this, they atleast gave you 5 hypers, they could just have let the issue fly by but instead gave you 5 hypers, SO WHAT your 105 ? huh ? Dont you think you can farm spirit with those hypers, even though you got 560mil spirit ?
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    FYI it is also not x2, I am not getting double for mobs in PV. PWI you are the biggest bunch of non-intelligent beings I have seen in a log time.
  • Snowy_Rai - Archosaur
    Snowy_Rai - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is madness
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GM: master - they are still qqing
    master GM: ah give them 5 hypers and make them finally $tfu !

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    are you kidding me ? hypers taht too for all ? DUDE ? SERIOUS ? What kind of an idiotic stupid person would think of asking me to get 5 hypers huh ? and why ? is that your fkng compensation ? How freaking low can you get ?

I really wanna see all those smart a$$ people speak up now, who were trusting on the compensation, where are you kossy ? what you have to say now ?

I know what you're saying. It's a middle finger to the entire Archosaur Population.

You know, they did the same thing basically when they "Compensated" me for banning me without a valid reason a number of months ago.

I got banned for being an officer in a tw faction, and in a second one.... except I hadn't been an officer for 3 months. They "Compensated" me with about 4 gold worth of Packs that were ON SALE, oh and to make matters worse, THEY THREATENED ME WITH ACCOUNT TERMINATION.

No, at this point, I expect nothing less than a slap in the face repeatedly from their collective wangs.

Are they gonna restore anything? Doubt it.

Are we gonna see better compensation for all of this? Highly unlikely.

Will they throw more TRASH COMPENSATION at us, their players who have been loyal for over 5 years? Without a doubt.

After all of this... you know what my hope actually is for? I tell you, it's not for restoration. It's not for compensation. It's not for updates, expansions, or new content. It's not that I can keep playing this game... NO, none of that. I hope it just ends.

I've shed way too many tears of frustration for this company.

You want a better example?

Let me give ya one.

When I bought Spore, a title by Electronic Arts, 4 years ago, I bought a European Version from Amazon, and got a great deal. When I tried to add it to the Auto Downloader, I got a region error message.

What Did Electronic Arts do to fix it? They changed me to a universal region.

Then, without asking, they gave me 10 dollars towards any title in their store. So I got a free game on them.

Let's do another, same company. Wouldn't let me load SIMS 3, because it said I had downloaded it on too many machines. Call up EA, what do they do? They change my key to infinite uses and I get 100 bucks more in free games.

You know what.... for once, I think a company should FOLLOW EA'S EXAMPLE.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    I know what you're saying. It's a middle finger to the entire Archosaur Population.

You know, they did the same thing basically when they "Compensated" me for banning me without a valid reason a number of months ago.

I got banned for being an officer in a tw faction, and in a second one.... except I hadn't been an officer for 3 months. They "Compensated" me with about 4 gold worth of Packs that were ON SALE, oh and to make matters worse, THEY THREATENED ME WITH ACCOUNT TERMINATION.

No, at this point, I expect nothing less than a slap in the face repeatedly from their collective wangs.

Are they gonna restore anything? Doubt it.

Are we gonna see better compensation for all of this? Highly unlikely.

Will they throw more TRASH COMPENSATION at us, their players who have been loyal for over 5 years? Without a doubt.

After all of this... you know what my hope actually is for? I tell you, it's not for restoration. It's not for compensation. It's not for updates, expansions, or new content. It's not that I can keep playing this game... NO, none of that. I hope it just ends.

I've shed way too many tears of frustration for this company.

You want a better example?

Let me give ya one.

When I bought Spore, a title by Electronic Arts, 4 years ago, I bought a European Version from Amazon, and got a great deal. When I tried to add it to the Auto Downloader, I got a region error message.

What Did Electronic Arts do to fix it? They changed me to a universal region.

Then, without asking, they gave me 10 dollars towards any title in their store. So I got a free game on them.

Let's do another, same company. Wouldn't let me load SIMS 3, because it said I had downloaded it on too many machines. Call up EA, what do they do? They change my key to infinite uses and I get 100 bucks more in free games.

You know what.... for once, I think a company should FOLLOW EA'S EXAMPLE.

i wanna see them threatening on open forums......lets see how they bring it on...
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    e
    FYI it is also not x2, I am not getting double for mobs in PV. PWI you are the biggest bunch of non-intelligent beings I have seen in a log time.

Yes it is. If you do FW 2 molds drop per boss. Double XP doesn't stack with hypers. THe multiplication goes up to 13x not 24x.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Originally Posted by DefenderofDreams View Post
    As part of our on-going compensation efforts, we'll be giving out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players who redeem the following coupon code:

3HTYJKE

We are still looking into further ways to compensate for the rollbacks and various networking issues experienced recently, so expect more updates to come!

Keep looking!!

Why do you need to look into 'further ways' of compensating people, just give us back what we lost.

and what's with the 'Bonus Zhen'? you really think people will plough money into this game when it feels that people have been blatantly ripped off. Use some common sense for crying out loud, especially after what's just happened
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    "MAJOR UPDATE

Quote:

3HTYJKE

We are still looking into further ways to compensate for the rollbacks and various networking issues experienced recently, so expect more updates to come!"

Guys which is worse the 2x thrown like a bone to a dog, or this 5 hypers ?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is madness

Madness?

This Is PWI
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5 hyper stones are useless to me. I don't fc. I am 101 on both characters that were affected, 5 hypers will get me jack. They also won't replace the gear, coin, books, gems, pots and everything else I lost from this rollback.

It's complete bs.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "MAJOR UPDATE

Quote:

3HTYJKE

We are still looking into further ways to compensate for the rollbacks and various networking issues experienced recently, so expect more updates to come!"

Guys which is worse the 2x thrown like a bone to a dog, or this 5 hypers ?

both the same, both insulting

and bonus zhen? that's a joke right? no one in their right mind will put money into this game after what just went on. If they do, they are more stupid than i thought
  • eagle4hawk
    eagle4hawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5 Hypers? I had perfect attendance on 7 toons and was set to get 5 x 7 =35 hypers at the end of the month. At *LEAST* you could set the attendance so everyone gets marked as present for the 4 dark days.

Right now I'm feeling distinctly like NOT playing PWI as one toon went from level 65 with complete culti down to level 24 and starting culti.

Not everyone deserves the same compensation-- I'm sure plenty didn't play at all during that time. But the hardcore players that are on everyday? EVERY single one of them is pissed.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    both the same, both insulting

and bonus zhen? that's a joke right? no one in their right mind will put money into this game after what just went on. If they do, they are more stupid than i thought

The GMs seem to be trying their best to deal with the situation with the players interest in mind so maybe you should stop being so ungrateful that you've at least been given something in the meantime while the ins and outs are being discussed behind the scenes.

That goes for everyone else too. They know you're upset about the rollback and they understand that which is why DoD has stated they are discussing compensation for players affected.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    przfighter wrote: »

MAJOR UPDATE

Look, he called it a major update. Isn't that adorable? b:chuckle
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For once, I can actually feel sorry for other players on this game. On the other hand, you guys aren't helping your case with all the rage. Perhaps you should take a day or two off to clear your minds and calm down, then come back to talk about it in a rational manner? It's been all of 2 days. Maybe if it was 2 weeks, the rage at the lack of compensation would be justified, but once again, 2 days.

Losing 4 days of gameplay does suck, and I know I'd be heartbroken if I lost everything I've done over the past week too, but if I'm unhappy with my frappe, screaming at the barista and throwing the liquid sugar back in her face isn't going to get me any compensation; it will get me arrested. Or at least, it should.

Not going to say anything PWI has done so far has been satisfactory; the utter lack of information as to the problem(s) that caused this is probably the biggest worry on the minds of every player on this game, not just the ones on Arch. But spamming and crying about everything you lost isn't going to get you back your stuff. Or it might, but the company is not going to miss you when you leave.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    They know you're upset about the rollback and they understand that which is why DoD has stated they are discussing compensation for players affected.

No, you're wrong. And if they think we're just upset about the rollback then they are too.

Yes, the rollback was a major deal. I haven't logged back in since yesterday. My wife and I use the game for something to do together, and PWI keeps doing things that tend to ruin my mood to play it.

But keep in mind that they tell us to look forward to an update on the situation this morning, which ended 10 hours and 30 minutes ago, and what happens.... 7 hours after the morning ends, they give us hypers. No updates.

The hypers were thrown at us to attempt to calm us down, but if he had said simply:

"Sorry I'm late with the update, but this seems to be dragging out in a manner that I can no longer put a time frame on. I will continue to try and update you all until this is resolved."

Then no one would be cursing about being thrown a trash item like hypers.

We would be like, "Okay he's swamped, let him do his work and he'll get back to us. Hit f5 every few hours to look for a new post."
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    You know what, Thrieya, I hope you lose 4 days of work for no reason.....

Then I hope you're offered used toilet paper with diahrea on it for compensation....

We'll see how calm you are.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    The GMs seem to be trying their best to deal with the situation with the players interest in mind so maybe you should stop being so ungrateful that you've at least been given something in the meantime while the ins and outs are being discussed behind the scenes.

That goes for everyone else too. They know you're upset about the rollback and they understand that which is why DoD has stated they are discussing compensation for players affected.

shut up and get lost
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No, you're wrong. And if they think we're just upset about the rollback then they are too.

Yes, the rollback was a major deal. I haven't logged back in since yesterday. My wife and I use the game for something to do together, and PWI keeps doing things that tend to ruin my mood to play it.

But keep in mind that they tell us to look forward to an update on the situation this morning, which ended 10 hours and 30 minutes ago, and what happens.... 7 hours after the morning ends, they give us hypers. No updates.

The hypers were thrown at us to attempt to calm us down, but if he had said simply:

"Sorry I'm late with the update, but this seems to be dragging out in a manner that I can no longer put a time frame on. I will continue to try and update you all until this is resolved."

Then no one would be cursing about being thrown a trash item like hypers.

We would be like, "Okay he's swamped, let him do his work and he'll get back to us. Hit f5 every few hours to look for a new post."

Well, that's just it. This isn't something small. It will not be recitified immediately. Give it some time and see what final answer DoD gives.

I know I'd be frustrated too in the same situation as you but the anger and frustration on the forums isn't going to help the situation be resolved any faster. Be optimistic that the situation will be rectified in a manner that most players are happy about.

If it isn't then by all means rant and rave about your frustrations in regards to the compensation or lack of.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    You know what, Thrieya, I hope you lose 4 days of work for no reason.....

Then I hope you're offered used toilet paper with diahrea on it for compensation....

We'll see how calm you are.

I highly doubt it was for no reason that they did a roll back. Do you think they really wanted all this rage and extra work? As has been stated before, lashing out at people that have no intention or interest in insulting or harming you isn't going to get you anywhere. It'll just make you one of those "difficult" customers everyone passes around as a horror story.

Also, I wouldn't call it used toilet paper, given that I'm one of those apparently rare people that don't actually have thousands of hypers stashed away in the bank.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    I highly doubt it was for no reason that they did a roll back. Do you think they really wanted all this rage and extra work? As has been stated before, lashing out at people that have no intention or interest in insulting or harming you isn't going to get you anywhere. It'll just make you one of those "difficult" customers everyone passes around as a horror story.

Also, I wouldn't call it used toilet paper, given that I'm one of those apparently rare people that don't actually have thousands of hypers stashed away in the bank.

what ever you said is right, but again try to see things from our prespective...
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol @ 5 hypers. This isn't compensation. Even if it was (which it isn't), players are looking for their efforts of the lost time and monetary positions to be returned. Hypers are a joke, because they are untradable, often given out for free in e-mails by PWE, and because PWE has made everyone need to level too 100 quickly - they are generally useless for most active players.

@DoD: If you lost 72 hours of work at your job... Say, you guys had a power outage and couldn't come to work for 3 days. Would you like the power company to come by and say, sorry for your lost time (which equates to money and hard work), here's a piece of candy? Sometimes I think your company believes the player base has an average age of 10. To think that people will forget about this or the other 9000 things your company has pulled in the past is ignorant of the staff that run these servers. People will not forget, but instead will move on to other video games that aren't affiliated with any subsidiary of Wanmei, including Perfect World International.

To equate someone's hard work at a value of 5 hypers for 72 hours is ridiculous. Throwing 2x on and expecting people to go on their marry way is also a slap in the face, because what's the point in redoing all the hard work when the company can and will take it away without a blink of an eye?

When you say that my time is worth nothing, I simply will leave for another game that believes I'm more than a 0. Welcome to MMOs. The market is saturated in companies playing around with new ideas and MMORPGs. To believe that your company has a greater advantage over others in terms of the MMO market-place, would be a false statement. Many other MMOs do what PWI does and much better. Due to PWI being an aging title, one would expect a loss of players weekly. Pulling stunts like this and having poor PR and compensation will result in that weekly player loss to skyrocket. A lot of decisions PWE makes seems like they have their head up their butt.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Cougarwifey - Archosaur
    Cougarwifey - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol @ 5 hypers. This isn't compensation. Even if it was (which it isn't), players are looking for their efforts of the lost time and monetary positions to be returned. Hypers are a joke, because they are untradable, often given out for free in e-mails by PWE, and because PWE has made everyone need to level too 100 quickly - they are generally useless for most active players.

@DoD: If you lost 72 hours of work at your job... Say, you guys had a power outage and couldn't come to work for 3 days. Would you like the power company to come by and say, sorry for your lost time (which equates to money and hard work), here's a piece of candy? Sometimes I think your company believes the player base has an average age of 10. To think that people will forget about this or the other 9000 things your company has pulled in the past is ignorant of the staff that run these servers. People will not forget, but instead will move on to other video games that aren't affiliated with any subsidiary of Wanmei, including Perfect World International.

To equate someone's hard work at a value of 5 hypers for 72 hours is ridiculous. Throwing 2x on and expecting people to go on their marry way is also a slap in the face, because what's the point in redoing all the hard work when the company can and will take it away without a blink of an eye?

When you say that my time is worth nothing, I simply will leave for another game that believes I'm more than a 0. Welcome to MMOs. The market is saturated in companies playing around with new ideas and MMORPGs. To believe that your company has a greater advantage over others in terms of the MMO market-place, would be a false statement. Many other MMOs do what PWI does and much better. Due to PWI being an aging title, one would expect a loss of players weekly. Pulling stunts like this and having poor PR and compensation will result in that weekly player loss to skyrocket. A lot of decisions PWE makes seems like they have their head up their butt.

name of those others? some of us are looking we love pwi but tired of no love back
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    For once, I can actually feel sorry for other players on this game. On the other hand, you guys aren't helping your case with all the rage. Perhaps you should take a day or two off to clear your minds and calm down, then come back to talk about it in a rational manner? It's been all of 2 days. Maybe if it was 2 weeks, the rage at the lack of compensation would be justified, but once again, 2 days.

Losing 4 days of gameplay does suck, and I know I'd be heartbroken if I lost everything I've done over the past week too, but if I'm unhappy with my frappe, screaming at the barista and throwing the liquid sugar back in her face isn't going to get me any compensation; it will get me arrested. Or at least, it should.

Not going to say anything PWI has done so far has been satisfactory; the utter lack of information as to the problem(s) that caused this is probably the biggest worry on the minds of every player on this game, not just the ones on Arch. But spamming and crying about everything you lost isn't going to get you back your stuff. Or it might, but the company is not going to miss you when you leave.

I'm not spamming here. I'm just talking to the community. Again. I'd like to see you lose 4 days of work then be handed diahrea soaked toilet paper as compensation and see your reaction when all you wanted was a foot note or two.

name of those others? some of us are looking we love pwi but tired of no love back
    G.w. two has a good following. Endgame weapons are harder to get than Warsouls were. Um... there's lots of balancing and updates every week with brand new content. There's a rewards system. There's cash shopping. Oh, and lots of guilds. Their also planning on implimenting Player Owned Houses and Marriages in the future.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    I'm not spamming here. I'm just talking to the community. Again. I'd like to see you lose 4 days of work then be handed diahrea soaked toilet paper as compensation and see your reaction when all you wanted was a foot note or two.

You quote 3 paragraphs from me, and pick out one sentence to focus on? And how does 5 hypers compare to diarrhea-soaked toilet paper? Is taking these 5 hypers somehow going to negatively affect your gameplay or give you an infection or something? I sincerely hope this is the worst side of you, because if this is how you respond every time a business can't serve you to your exact specifications, life must be stressful for you.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I've sent you a PM of some solid MMO titles out there as of present. I'd highly recommend at least dabbling in a few of them to see if they peak your interest. PWE seems to have this idea that they can keep pulling people away with no negative impacts, but it will hurt them in the long run.

b:victory
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic