[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Comments

• ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not from Archosaur but I feel for you guys b:cry

I played another MMO where rollbacks became frequent, it was the first sign of that games servers really dieing. Now PWI staff have learned how to perform a rollback I am scared this will be their response to every little issue..."duke blacke is spam shouting again"..."I know, lets rollback" b:surrender
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this roll back is going to be the black day on the history of pwi!! LoL!!! people will keep up the hate till as long as the game exist xD !! People will never forget to mention how a simple restart ended up to be a roll back!!Pwi was and is a good game to play, even on the pwi version, what sucks and is really worthless are the technical team working behind the curtains, people who are in charge of customer service, in charge of maintenance, and stuff. XD.

Anyways, we are still waiting for an update, of what are the compensation going to be ? what are the things we are getting back. and please for gods sake, get those stupid people out of the customer service, they dont do any good. They cant even type on their keyboard, and they just keep sending the same ticket response over and over again... so yeah,...
  • XJuJuXiiaox - Archosaur
    XJuJuXiiaox - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this roll back is going to be the black day on the history of pwi!! LoL!!! people will keep up the hate till as long as the game exist xD !! People will never forget to mention how a simple restart ended up to be a roll back!!Pwi was and is a good game to play, even on the pwi version, what sucks and is really worthless are the technical team working behind the curtains, people who are in charge of customer service, in charge of maintenance, and stuff. XD.

Anyways, we are still waiting for an update, of what are the compensation going to be ? what are the things we are getting back. and please for gods sake, get those stupid people out of the customer service, they dont do any good. They cant even type on their keyboard, and they just keep sending the same ticket response over and over again... so yeah,...

i think they gonna give the dark abyss mount free for everyone, like they did on the 5th anniversary they screwed up in
    Juju Da fish b:laugh
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am so sorry everyone from Arch server...I guess I've been fortunate on Sanctuary not to have anything of this magnitude happen..(yet).

I hope everything gets better on your ends..I really do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok so we know that zen transferred between Nov 9th-12th will be restored, TY for this... what about DQ points spent at that time? f:confused
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay so now that I have actually accepted the fact that I lost 3 pieces of rrr9, Whatthe actual fffff is the logic behind ending the chip sale? It's obvious people bought r9 gear during the sale, and now they lost it all. So not only did they loose their gear, they now need to pay DOUBLE the price to get the gear back they ALREADY HAD in the first place. This is what pisses me off the most. Theyre expecting us to get the gear back and pay extra for doing so. Just put the chip sale back on so I can get my gear back, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryeckoe
    ryeckoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok so we know that zen transferred between Nov 9th-12th will be restored, TY for this... what about DQ points spent at that time? f:confused

got my zen back today but also wondering about DQ points as i lost the demon sage card i saved up for in DQ points due to rollback, i guess i can rebuild the countless other stuff i lost but the Demon/sage card i won't be able to b:cry
    2r468uf.png
  • Umbramagis - Archosaur
    Umbramagis - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As this thread reaches 500 posts, and with posting slowing down, does that mean everyone has decided to sit back and patiently await the official response for the actual compensation that they are promising? Rather than rage quiting because the only immediately obvious compensation we have received is a x2?

I'm not actually really here to complain. I only lost 1 level on my Cleric, and 2 levels plus lvl 69 Culti on my alt, along with a reversal of a trade. I'm not fussed. However, while my losses aren't huge, it would seem most people did have large losses.
    The Doctor - Speak his name, and he will come. No matter where he is in time or space, if you need him, he will come.

Umbramagis - Celestial Sage Cleric 101/101/101 - Full G16 - Main
    Impedim - Celestial Sage Sin 101/8x - Full G16
    TerraEnsis - Demon Seeker 100/8x
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While I'm sorry for the folks of Archosaur, most people in that server will actually gained from the 2X since most people don't buy zen or merchant, most don't have catshops. 60% of people don't do NW, 99% of people don't do TW. Those who suffer are pwi addictsb:laugh

Also 20% of people don't play on weekends, those who do, play for less than 2 hours per day.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While I'm sorry for the folks of Archosaur, most people in that server will actually gained from the 2X since most people don't buy zen or merchant, most don't have catshops. 60% of people don't do NW, 99% of people don't do TW. Those who suffer are pwi addictsb:laugh

Also 20% of people don't play on weekends, those who do, play for less than 2 hours per day.

And where did you gather that data from?
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    As this thread reaches 500 posts, and with posting slowing down, does that mean everyone has decided to sit back and patiently await the official response for the actual compensation that they are promising? Rather than rage quiting because the only immediately obvious compensation we have received is a x2?

I'm not actually really here to complain. I only lost 1 level on my Cleric, and 2 levels plus lvl 69 Culti on my alt, along with a reversal of a trade. I'm not fussed. However, while my losses aren't huge, it would seem most people did have large losses.

apparently we are the dogs, we just got thrown a bone called "2x", and we been barking for a while, so we resting our voices. Dont worry, after a nice drink and some rest we all be coming back to these forums...
  • Shadowswifey - Archosaur
    Shadowswifey - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    apparently we are the dogs, we just got thrown a bone called "2x", and we been barking for a while, so we resting our voices. Dont worry, after a nice drink and some rest we all be coming back to these forums...

11/13/13 pwis verion of the purge i said it in wc so ill say it here if yah havent played with cash good luck getting anything back
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if someones knows the average number of people that attend NW on Archosaur, but I think this would be interesting to compare that average to the number of peple that will attend NW this week
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah rollbacks. They're super annoying, but sometimes neccessary.

I enjoy how people don't really understand that there comes to options when a rollback is needed.

A) The rollback occurs, things are reverted to a stable date in the servers. A few days is lost.

B) The server is removed and everyone loses EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERY SINGLE THING. I love how people go absolutely ballistic at the mention of a rollback.

You shouldn't be on an MMORPG if you are not prepared for the possibility of a rollback. They can happen at ANYTIME. It's either take the rollback, or start from level 1 on a different server (or a completely reset Arch server).

Zen is the only thing they LEGALLY have to reimburse. As that involves real money. Now, I hope for your sake that PWI can restore lost coin, exp, etc. Unlike another game I play that recently had to rollback and couldn't give back coin, etc. As PWI contains coin cards, I imagine this would happen.

As for gear, if they can return gear you've NPC'd, then I assume they can return gear you lost. However remember, that the gear merely reverts to it's state at the told date. So, you still have it, probably without the refines, or you still have the NV2 piece. So not all is lost there.

Those of you that purchased Chips during the sale during the rollback period, should probably contact support.

Those of you who made third cast r9, your basic badges will still be in your inventory and the coins you used to craft them (That is ofcourse you had all that before the date listed).

Everybody BREATHE. Remember, IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE. Imagine, if they deleted the Archosaur server altogether.....then you'd really be raging.
  • Shadowswifey - Archosaur
    Shadowswifey - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah rollbacks. They're super annoying, but sometimes neccessary.

I enjoy how people don't really understand that there comes to options when a rollback is needed.

A) The rollback occurs, things are reverted to a stable date in the servers. A few days is lost.

B) The server is removed and everyone loses EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERY SINGLE THING. I love how people go absolutely ballistic at the mention of a rollback.

You shouldn't be on an MMORPG if you are not prepared for the possibility of a rollback. They can happen at ANYTIME. It's either take the rollback, or start from level 1 on a different server (or a completely reset Arch server).

Zen is the only thing they LEGALLY have to reimburse. As that involves real money. Now, I hope for your sake that PWI can restore lost coin, exp, etc. Unlike another game I play that recently had to rollback and couldn't give back coin, etc. As PWI contains coin cards, I imagine this would happen.

As for gear, if they can return gear you've NPC'd, then I assume they can return gear you lost. However remember, that the gear merely reverts to it's state at the told date. So, you still have it, probably without the refines, or you still have the NV2 piece. So not all is lost there.

Those of you that purchased Chips during the sale during the rollback period, should probably contact support.

Those of you who made third cast r9, your basic badges will still be in your inventory and the coins you used to craft them (That is ofcourse you had all that before the date listed).

Everybody BREATHE. Remember, IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE. Imagine, if they deleted the Archosaur server altogether.....then you'd really be raging.

may it happen on lost today so we can see hows you feel
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Good. I hope so. Maybe we'll have less OP people camping 5x people....

Irregardless, I have experienced a rollback. Several, in fact. The more people lose their religion over it, doesn't mean it's going to be set back. What you have to understand is that the server data fried, essentially. NOTHING can be retrieved and a rollback has to occur to stop the server being a desolated wasteland, for lack of better explanation. Perhaps even an empty universe with no data. Everyone has to make new characters, everything. That's what could've happened if PWI decide "Lawl up all yours. Start from 0!".

Feel fortunate, PWI has the means to return EXP and Coin through NPC or right-click able items. Only game I'm on that has this feature. I have a toon on archosaur. I suffered too. But having a grade A betch, won't bring your stuff back any faster :/
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still waiting how pwe gonna take responsibility about this.
    I suggest better hire new engineer that able to recover this no matter how much does it takes. b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • streetboy
    streetboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've lost my G16 chest piece with very good stats refined +4 , g16 mold(that drops very rare),meridian,money and the most important thing TIME.
    I just hope that things will get better because i love my faction and my friends from game.
    Forta Gabi >:)
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have sent my ticket in, just going to wait and see what happens..if it's a few days or weeks so be it.

after reading most of the 50+ pages of this..wow some people lost allot, myself, well just have to redo awake plate and rerefine, but am going to hold off on that until i see how or what the game heads are going to do.

just wondering atm,...what causes them to have to hit the "roll back" button; have seen this happen in a different game, but thats because a player pk'd a gm and the gm dropped a GM item and the player ran off with it ,so they did a rollback to retireve it.

not looking for the major details, just some examples of what causes them to use the "button"
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just wondering atm,...what causes them to have to hit the "roll back" button; have seen this happen in a different game, but thats because a player pk'd a gm and the gm dropped a GM item and the player ran off with it ,so they did a rollback to retireve it.

not looking for the major details, just some examples of what causes them to use the "button"

Not sure if this response will stay up, but to give more info basically what happened is there was an issue when they did server reset. If not for the roll back they would have lost our entire server. Everything would have been gone.

Due to the fact they were literally a hair's breathe away from losing our entire server is what has shaken me more than anything. Yes I'm upset about the items lost, but knowing what almost happened is what makes me question whether I'll stay or not.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • namngo19929288
    namngo19929288 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shut Down the arch server and restore it. I rather can't play the game for a few days than a freaking rollback.

Shut Down the arch server and restore it.

Repost please
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That is not true most do have catshops and many by zen@ They do do tw and NW and play longer then 2hrs a day! We will not get more with 2x drops b:shutup Where are your statistics coming from?b:bye
    Okay so now that I have actually accepted the fact that I lost 3 pieces of rrr9, Whatthe actual fffff is the logic behind ending the chip sale? It's obvious people bought r9 gear during the sale, and now they lost it all. So not only did they loose their gear, they now need to pay DOUBLE the price to get the gear back they ALREADY HAD in the first place. This is what pisses me off the most. Theyre expecting us to get the gear back and pay extra for doing so. Just put the chip sale back on so I can get my gear back, thank you.

Why should you have to buy again anyway they should give it back! This is their **** up and critical error on their partb:angry
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Shut Down the arch server and restore it. I rather can't play the game for a few days than a freaking rollback.

Repost please

b:victory
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I actually wouldnt mind getting my charm replenished and some pots/dolls back! :D

But seriously though I know ppl on all servers are feeling for you guys on arch. Just try to stay positive and know that it could have been ALOT worse.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Anaxagoras - Raging Tide
    Anaxagoras - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know many of you may not like this, and are upset with the things you've lost after working so hard for it, but be glad they are doing something. I'm not sure how many people have read the ToS, but PWI has no obligation to explain themselves or compensate you at all. Before you complain a little more, remember you agreed to their terms!

For those of you unfamiliar with the ToS here are some tidbits:
    PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING ANY GAMES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE GAMES.
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).
    20. Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PWE, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Website, your conduct, your violations of these Terms, any misuse of the Service, or your violation of the rights of any third party.

All from http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Remember, they are just doing their jobs and ultimately it is your decision to play. No one is forcing you to stay around, you do have the right to be upset, but PWE has the right to do as they please with their game!

If a rollback does happen on RT, I for one will stand by their decision regardless of how much I lose, with or without compensation. b:bye

This will be my first, last, and only post.
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Meh ppl from other server shut up pls if just gonna add the rage here.
    Hope u guys face the same fate too. b:pleased
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    to those who are pointing at the ToS, first i just hope and expect this to happen to you, next thing is so i just had a lil idea, we promote try to get our blessings, we promote pwi on facebook right ? then we should start a defaming campaign as well and we should put forward the ToS with the way you coloured it and let the word spread, that these people are incapable of gettings things right ?

See, its easy to make smart comments, point out at ToS, be the practical nerd, but end of the you are NOT the one who lost here, we did, and as pwi is so good at **** things up, why not roll back all servers to the 9th ? lets see how that taste ? wudn't it be just fair enough ?
  • OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur
    OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Boardroom Bob says " Our stocks up 3% in the last 2 days, we should do this more often!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malinozes
    malinozes Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    boardroom Bob Says " Our Stocks Up 3% In The Last 2 Days, We Should Do This More Often!"

Hahahahahahahahah Roflmao
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If this had happened to LC instead I wouldn't had minded. I would been very worried only. I would rather lose 5 days of gameplay than 5 years tbh.

The only thing that can't be recovered is the time you expended playing. Everything else can be regained, and for those who cashop their money will be refunded. It sucks that you lost your time, because time is a invaluable resource. Nevertheless, this is a game, and by definition any time you expend here is a waste really. There is always something better to do like helping humanity get better, somehow. You should all try to be more positive, and be thankful that PWE's employees do the best they can.