Heavy Armor Claw Psychic

Options
Alphaben - Raging Tide
Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Psychic
I know what you're all thinking so just humor me and think about it...

I'm talking about what a psychic with HA and T3 claws (could be max aps) would be like in combat (either PvP or PvE

I've already tested part of this, black voodoo DOES effect melee weapon damage

It's possible to buff with a soulsphere then quickly switch weapons, this means the psychic would still be able to use SoV, SoS, voodoo, etc.

A heavy armor build could be a tank build, so consider that too

Obviously it's not gonna be as powerful as the magic alternative

What are your thoughts? And try not to think about it in terms of practicality, think about as a "what if?" kind of question

And before you ask, yes I was crazy enough to look into this as a potential build...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alphaben - Raging Tide on

Comments

• FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Since a psy's spark won't affect their aps or their physical damage, it's a terrible idea.

And no spark heals either. And no bloodpaint.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    For PvP... well you'd get a bit of a shock factor when it comes to your defense but offensively you wouldn't be able to take on any decently skilled and geared opponent unless you out-geared them by a fair margin due to all the anti-APS stuff in play for PvP nowadays.

For PvE, it's somewhat the same for newer instances due to Anti-APS buffs. On top of that, you have to consider that caster triple sparks don't boost physical attack aside from venos (who are an odd case thanks to fox form). Plus you wouldn't have BP either, so that's a thing.

You ~WOULD~ do awesome in Tide form with this but... you'd have to glitch your way into tide form and that's obviously not a valid option.

Your best bet for a build would likely look like: this where you'd basically be a 1-shot to any caster for PvP and highly susceptible to magic in PvE, but be able to tank phys damage well with the added bonus of having enough points in mag to switch to something that gives better survivability and damage like this on the fly. And yes, I was too lazy to fill out the add-ons on the second calc. Sue me. b:chuckle

Edit: In terms of damage you'd do though... a level 99 LA with hand-me-downs could beat a claw psy when it comes to damage because... their spark actually boosts physical damage and APS.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You'll be a claw BM with no marrows, less damage, no stuns aside from swapping weapons and occult ice, no leaps, no cyclone heel
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive