[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Comments

• Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm going to throw this out there.

Because we can not hear from the tech team themselves we can't actually say it is what they wanted to do. I read" they took our money and decided to roll back the server intentionally" Today's tech is so advance yes, but doesn't mean it can't fail. I've lost stuff to, not as much as some just basic stuff. Biggest lost was time. Data does corrupt and errors occur. Who knows, maybe a roll back was the only thing they could do.

Just stop the nonsense of "they took our money and rolled back the server because they wanted to."
    Everyone on Archosaur please heed this call, so I can ravage the countryside alone, with no competition for resources, mobs, bosses or herbs. b:chuckle/QUOTE]

Glen I will still be here. I'll fight you for those. :D
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OP I understand your position, but i assure you will never understand ours, yes roll backs have been there in many other games, but whats that to me ? would i get back what i lost in this roll back ? there are tons of things people did during these 4 days, its not a matter of 1 day, its 4 days, there were sales going on, there was lots of things bought sold, the amount stands in millions.

There is a LOT more than just a roll back going on here, people lost real life cash in this re roll. What are the GM;s doing about it ?

See, its really very simple, we didn't have such a severe issue going on with our server that it needed a re roll, even back a few days, we had TT shut off for a good while, THAT didn't take a server re roll, Abba was glitched for a while THAT didnt take a re roll... How on earth does a simple restart of servers, end up in "critical error" ?? I mean are you technicians sooo incapable to properly shutdown and turn on a system ? Dont you pay them enough ?

Also back up of servers, just once a week ? so basically what does your technical team do round the week when we don't have a maintenance ? Hatching egg's is good, but this way.... honestly dont think so.

What you did today is discussed in all realms of communication. And am sure you will lose a LOT of members for this, and for sure it will also effect the amount of new people joining this game as well.

To all those people who are being nerdish about this fact of roll back, i honestly pray you dont face it on your server, am specially concerned about the RT one as the problem there still persists, but please refrain from trying to be so called "practical" here. Every single person here plays the game under different circumstances. You wont be able to value all of it.

Thanks to those people from Heavens Tear who have forwarded a sympathetic hand. Yet nothing can actually fill in for what has happened here. Many of the people who have been in this game for a LONG time, and dont CS, will understand how much worth a 4 day roll back can mean.

GM's i got no faith in you, yet i would say this, that wake up from your slumber, get those freaking technicians and help desk people to work, and ressolve this matter as soon as possible. And once you have fixed everything, you all should resign and give way to people who are more competent than you lot, cause its evident you really cant handle the game properly.....

Also this whole thing is entirely your teams fault, the result of which the gamers are facing, so for once, stop thinking of your own profit, and get people back what they lost.
  • Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any chance they could do some minor changes? I spent the last couple days catching up on my titles, and I'd just joined a TW faction, but now I won't have the hours.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    So the fry cook at McDonald's isn't a "person like us" because s/he gets paid to flip the burgers the people eat there? Most of us have jobs and, regardless of what that job is, it shouldn't somehow make us any less human all of a sudden. :/

I only quote GM, admins and higher lv here, not MOD.
    And yah thats not same, its not less or more human, the different is job. some person have another greater skill than another. So they were payed to do things that another person cant do. Well maybe there are some aspect that are sames but its depend on which point we looking at this btw. In my case, im saying in aspect of job/skills that they got and were payed for.

fix it.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what a pain, after i did my cult and wraith ploy now they all resetted i have to do it all over again too so all that hard work gone along with all the coins i made and items i farm wow no wonder people resort to botting and cheating and they think giving 2x will fix this ****
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    MY reply from PWI about a ticket i sent in....

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.

So basically, it's just another way of saying tough, you lost your items & we don't care what you say or do because we have yuor money and there is nothing you can do about it

explain to me how i'm supposed to 'replace' my 400M+ worth of items in 1 day? and why should i try to replace what should already be mine in the first place?

Way to go PWI ffsb:angry
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wait so all the gear I gained over the 4 days is gone?
    R.I.P r9 dags, +10 helm and other various things I picked up on good fortune. b:sad

This is totally unacceptable.
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    I mean are you technicians sooo incapable to properly shutdown and turn on a system ? Dont you pay them enough ?

They only pay them enough to flip burgers at McD i guess b:pleased
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.

So basically, it's just another way of saying tough, you lost your items & we don't care what you say or do because we have yuor money and there is nothing you can do about it

explain to me how i'm supposed to 'replace' my 400M+ worth of items in 1 day? and why should i try to replace what should already be mine in the first place?

you to got a responce... we didnt get that even..
  • shulololo123
    shulololo123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i don't get luck everytime, i got some item from my luck opening pack yesterday on my other toon and you took it back,

what are thinking about? give us 2x event? you must be kidding
    how about my time? hahaha

can you give back my time?
    gimme back mine,

think! when you in our position! b:angry
    edited November 2013
    you to got a responce... we didnt get that even..

They probably needed to refill their packs so used the rollback to refil them again

Will post what they say if the responce is negative guys.

watch this space
  • merchant1337
    merchant1337 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Looks like no compensation outside of x2....

+1+1+1+1 more now to this..---> Originally Posted by Twerd - Archosaur View Post
    Officially Quit PWI Today and all my friends doing the same, We are taking our debit card to another game. See ya

I wont bother with such a bad staff that only compensates w/ bad items and x2 exp, drops ect.

Only Suggestion to you die hard players that will still play is this slowly dying game:

1. Don't take your feet of their tail keep steeping on it. Let other people know about this and not forget it (unless they re compensate you accordingly which I doubt will happen). Let other servers know how pwi really is and what they do to our server. (what could happen to them).

2. STRIKE!! NOVEMBER 14 NO ONE LOG IN AT ALL. DON'T CHARGE ZEN OR LOG IN UNTILL THEY "OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THEIR SOLUTION". AND DONT LOG IN. (OTHER SERVERS DO THIS BETTER ALSO).\

That being said Goodbye I QUIT PWI.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    OP I understand your position, but i assure you will never understand ours
    Sorry but this part stood out at me.

How can I not understand your position... when I'm in the exact same one as you are? I've lost from the rollback too just as much as any other player has because I am a player. You think I'm happy to have lost all the coin my catshop made over that time? Or the meridians I finally managed to open after 17 fails looking for the right gates? How about all the PV runs I've done to try and hit 105 and the BH rewards, books, Warsongs, Deltas, and mats I've lost? I'm suffering through it the same as everyone else.

But I also have enough technical experience to know that some of what's being asked for here... is not possible. I'm also well aware of how many things can run below the surface that will **** up and make things absolutely horrendous if left unchecked. I've already given an example of PWI taking an alternative to a rollback even when players were begging for one, so as someone with knowledge on how technology works, I can only assume whatever made a rollback seem like the only option must have been huge.

Am I happy it happened? Not at all. Do I wish there had been another way? Everyone on Archo does right now.... But, it doesn't mean that I need to stop being rational about things or stop thinking things through. Which is, in essence, why I'm still able to be so calm and start trying to pick up from what I've lost and move forward... as well as play the difficult role of the person getting treated like they somehow have more authority than they actually possess.
    cgatsby wrote: »
    I only quote GM, admins and higher lv here, not MOD.
    And yah thats not same, its not less or more human, the different is job.
    Fair enough. I feel like they meant it a bit differently than you saw it, but that's personal opinion and view at that point. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013

How can I not understand your position... when I'm in the exact same one as you are? I've lost from the rollback too just as much as any other player has because I am a player. You think I'm happy to have lost all the coin my catshop made over that time? Or the meridians I finally managed to open after 17 fails looking for the right gates? How about all the PV runs I've done to try and hit 105 and the BH rewards, books, Warsongs, Deltas, and mats I've lost? I'm suffering through it the same as everyone else.

But I also have enough technical experience to know that some of what's being asked for here... is not possible. I'm also well aware of how many things can run below the surface that will **** up and make things absolutely horrendous if left unchecked. I've already given an example of PWI taking an alternative to a rollback even when players were begging for one, so as someone with knowledge on how technology works, I can only assume whatever made a rollback seem like the only option must have been huge.

Am I happy it happened? Not at all. Do I wish there had been another way? Everyone on Archo does right now.... But, it doesn't mean that I need to stop being rational about things or stop thinking things through. Which is, in essence, why I'm still able to be so calm and start trying to pick up from what I've lost and move forward... as well as play the difficult role of the person getting treated like they somehow have more authority than they actually possess.

so why not reimburse people for the items they lost? it's only pixels on a screen to PWI, it will also return faith to players & show that, even PWI get it wrong sometimes. Instead, we are offered x2 which is a complete & utter insult. Why should we have to work for something again when we already had it in the first place. I personally lost over 400M worth of items & yes, i am angry because i wasn't even offered at least SOME reimbursement from all my lost items, just a plain flat NO!
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013

Fair enough. I feel like they meant it a bit differently than you saw it, but that's personal opinion and view at that point. b:surrender

if you are from this server, tell me what kind of issue were u facing while playing this game for 1 week, that needed a server roll back, you do understand that a server roll back needs a HUGE reason behind it ? right ? i cant pick back up around 622mil with any 2x being a wizard, most of my money came through merchanting, and also not to forget, they took my money, but never restored the items... and you really think i can write down to them the exact amount of herbs i lost ? or the expensive shards i bought, which i lost ?
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Kossy u play on archo server?
  • oldclaws1
    oldclaws1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i would just like no what are u doing do about the people bougth wil i get this back or not?
    edited November 2013
    oldclaws1 wrote: »
    i would just like no what are u doing do about the people bougth wil i get this back or not?

basically no
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey everyone,

The rollback that occurred was chosen because it would ensure everyone would still have access to their characters on Archosaur.

2x EXP/SP/Drops was the only immediate compensation possible at the time, but I will be speaking with the managers on what our options are for further compensation. Whether that means a restoration of items, coins, etc lost over the past few days (Nov 9th-12th) is actually possible, I do not know.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I can.

interesting - the only way to lose an access to the character is changing its ID. But that means the database has been f...d up = some1 manually changed there something - sounds like a lame excuse or.. you rly hire **** it administrators b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
    edited November 2013
    if you are from this server, tell me what kind of issue were u facing while playing this game for 1 week, that needed a server roll back, you do understand that a server roll back needs a HUGE reason behind it ? right ? i cant pick back up around 622mil with any 2x being a wizard, most of my money came through merchanting, and also not to forget, they took my money, but never restored the items... and you really think i can write down to them the exact amount of herbs i lost ? or the expensive shards i bought, which i lost ?

THIS!!!!

They took my money fast enough though!!!!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or the meridians I finally managed to open after 17 fails looking for the right gates?
    In theory, those should be the same gates. so you MIGHT have an "Inside peek" at what you need to select
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • stompbox99
    stompbox99 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow I feel so bad for you guys! thats a big rollback and so much time could have been spent during that time. Only giving you 2x b:surrender man they should give you guys on Arch server more than that!

So sorry guys! That sucks!
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    interesting - the only way to lose an access to the character is changing its ID. But that means the database has been f...d up = some1 manually changed there something - sounds like a lame excuse or.. you rly hire **** it administrators b:surrender

i would like to have a technically sound GM to respond to this one...
  • cindy91111
    cindy91111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wait so all the gear I gained over the 4 days is gone?
    R.I.P r9 dags, +10 helm and other various things I picked up on good fortune. b:sad

This is totally unacceptable.

How about someone who has made genie 92/100 yesterday and got roll today? can gm give back his fortune next day??
    How about ppl who open packs and got good thing like scroll of tome or other lucky item? can gm give back his same fortune next day?
    How about ppl who get new flyer(augment divice) from new packs? that was soo damm rare, can gm give back his same fortune next day?

and maybe other ppl got another big fortune in 4 days, can pwi giving back his big fortune???
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am not from this server but guys i hear ur pain RT is not working properly either :
    Personally i would appreciate GM keep in mind that maybe this is just a game but the users time and effort should be guaranteed. So what about taking some action to prevent this happen?. Compensation with 2x? You serius?

We invested time money sacrifice and effort here because we trusted in PWI.
    Pliz Stop disappointing the users.
    Be serius!
  • tinkagirl
    tinkagirl Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok sorry to state the obvious here, but u are all QQ ing about losing this and losing that - yes it sucks monkey balls, yes its bad, yes something went seriously wrong, but can they do anything about a critical error??? YES! - they rolled back the servers to when they were safe, the only thing they could physically do, which yes means items/exp/culti/whatever was lost BUT would u rather lose 3 or 4 days of this stuff, or potentially lose EVERY toon on EVERY account you have? Read between the lines of the very first post, by a gm, they did this so that toons were accessible. Do you really think GM's would WANT to do a roll back and face all this rage??? If they didnt you could have potentially lost everything, yes this sucks, and people will still rage quit and QQ about it for lord knows how long, but in comparison to losing everything, it really is a very small price to pay...
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Mod = Forums only, thats y i dont blame them, they dont even know who that cause this and how actually this happen. They only the front line of gm and bigger position ppl to face our raging here(FORUM).

Sorry to hear about your lost too OPKossy, dont know u playing ARCHOSAUR server.

And as i said, we are not the same person.
    Maybe u only played a lil on that period.
    Maybe u have so many free times in your life so meh just 3 days wont do much effect.
    Maybe u can easily charge zen again and rebuild what u loss because u so rich irl.
    Maybe its your job to stay calm on forums because u are a mod.
    Maybe and so many maybe more that make us different,

again u can still continue defending them, we continue fight for what we want.

Worst case scenario ofc your side will win because we will leave game for ever and you wont have any raging problem anymore.

All up to your side to decide this. Just another customer voice.
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI this is not good enough! FIx this you owe us money! We lost things we had got in the last 4 days! I spent a lot of time farming and lots of money from that farming. It is funny that the timed boutique stuff was it not rolled backed? Some people did runs for capes some got expensive weapons and you took the stuff and give us 2 times drops that is what we get! b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    tinkagirl wrote: »
    Ok sorry to state the obvious here, but u are all QQ ing about losing this and losing that - yes it sucks monkey balls, yes its bad, yes something went seriously wrong, but can they do anything about a critical error??? YES! - they rolled back the servers to when they were safe, the only thing they could physically do, which yes means items/exp/culti/whatever was lost BUT would u rather lose 3 or 4 days of this stuff, or potentially lose EVERY toon on EVERY account you have? Read between the lines of the very first post, by a gm, they did this so that toons were accessible. Do you really think GM's would WANT to do a roll back and face all this rage??? If they didnt you could have potentially lost everything, yes this sucks, and people will still rage quit and QQ about it for lord knows how long, but in comparison to losing everything, it really is a very small price to pay...

Maybe small for you not for us,
    Couple mil maybe?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    so why not reimburse people for the items they lost? it's only pixels on a screen to PWI, it will also return faith to players & show that, even PWI get it wrong sometimes. Instead, we are offered x2 which is a complete & utter insult. Why should we have to work for something again when we already had it in the first place. I personally lost over 400M worth of items & yes, i am angry because i wasn't even offered at least SOME reimbursement from all my lost items, just a plain flat NO!
    Meh. I can see that being problematic due to how easily people could request things they don't have and how PWI wouldn't be able to say anything for sure about it... but overall that's a question you'd have to ask the people who are in an actual position to do that. I'm just a forum mod, I don't have any power or sway when it comes to that.
    And I'm a merchant too. You think I don't have the same problems? I could place blame on myself for not handling my spreadsheets better this time around, but I really don't need to do so normally and only have to adjust every once in a while most of the time.

As for the tech side, you don't seem to really understand how that works. We players don't get to see everything going on. We can see the final product but we don't get the underlying code, system, and mechanics. If they found something deep enough that would **** us over in the long run and tried to fix it every other way they could think of, but in the end weren't able to... it's just as possible for us to not see any effect as it is for it to have been some typo that causes a wiz in DB to have an AoE range large enough to hit everyone on the map. We're not the technicians so we don't know. And while I'd love to know exactly what was going on... not only are they under no obligation to tell us, but in many cases their bosses actively prohibit them telling us every detail. So yes, knowing what I do about how tech and development work as well as how they try their best to avoid rollbacks, I'm going to accept their word that whatever the problem was required one. I'm not happy it did, but better to have it happen and be dealt with quickly than us wait a couple of months and find out all the server data was corrupted because they didn't want to perform a rollback and now everyone there has to start from scratch.
    (Insert fancy image here)