[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Comments

• Ruechen - Archosaur
    Ruechen - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cabbiedude wrote: »
    I understand PWI has to do what they have to do in order to fix the errors. My only question is....when will it be up and running again? Kudos to PWI for continuing to put up with small-minded greedy people and still putting out this free game for the rest of us to enjoy. I love you PWI. b:kiss

Erm, if you read entire thread you would of saw people lost real money in the roll back along with in game items so if you wish to call people small-minded and greedy go dump the cash that some have in the game and just lost and lose it yourself them tell me how you would react.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yeѕ, ι нαve тwo мodeѕ..ι ғeαr ɴoтнιɴɢ υɴleѕѕ ι'м ѕтυcĸ вeнιɴd α вαrв wιтн eхceѕѕιve ɢαѕ
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trolololololo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Most of you already understand this but from the questions, it's obvious some don't. A rollback of a database is absolute. Whatever the state of your safe, your inventory, your account stash, your level, your gear, your skills were on Saturday morning, that information is now the state of the server when the rollback occurs. You can assume that there is no record of anything that happened in-game between the rollback date and the current reset.

That may not be 100% true, since we have no insight into whether PWI keeps separate databases for such things as (real) money purchases. But your too-good-to-be-true roll of daggers and your excellent luck in getting a Scroll of Tome out of the packs are history. No record of it happening. You have my sympathy. Seriously.

Yeah it sucks. I lost a lot, both tangible and intangible for which I can't be sufficiently compensated. I have a friend who lost an entire toon, that he worked very hard on bringing up over the last few days, by questing and doing everything the right way. He will have to recreate it from scratch.

I'm very frustrated and unhappy to lose what I've lost but it's gone. Moving on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1st: Some things rolled back and some didn't. 1 day on Meridian? Um...4 days ago I had continuously logged on for 5 days.

2nd: My nw tokens from Sunday are gone but others aren't, so you pick and choose who and what you roll back.

3rd: You guys are gonna end up sued over this one. IJS You stole real money for ****s and giggles. Not exactly business 101 unless you are trying to go bankrupt.

P.S. If it didn't happen to you don't comment, that's ridiculous.
  • xxkyrxx
    xxkyrxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As well as you said i just want to add in the fact that minimizing this situation will just make it worse.

Also other , waaaaaaaay smaller games with a way smaller P2W factor did get rollbacks that are up to a week old ... BUT!

One should always look up and not down. Also in those games u didnt lose get halfassed rollbacks like you lose coins but you dont get your items back and stuff like that. Also Zen, Gold, GP and w/e else u wana call it doesnt get rolled back ... Ever in any game lol.

wrong.. i played a lot other games and i did got back what was lost incl the money i used..even when they did a rollback from a longer time.. but they never came with a poor apoligy and u know whats best.. 2x

im married 2x thats with 2 toons of my gamepartner that now stopped cox all is gone and wont get back.. do i get that exp too 2x? cox u make me loose it now..can u give me an answer to that?
  • bejay300
    bejay300 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I lost g16 daggers which I made and g15 bow, but all that is not important, just a game, but what I do care about is the zen I bought for the rerolling for my daggers, thats real life money.
    if I get that back I am already satisfied
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Erm, if you read entire thread you would of saw people lost real money in the roll back along with in game items so if you wish to call people small-minded and greedy go dump the cash that some have in the game and just lost and lose it yourself them tell me how you would react.

Correctin: its not theft considering that pwi owns the rights, the its and even our characters. By signing the TOS we made it clear that we understand that we are merely renting the characters and ites however pwi can take them back when they see fit.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • pyaesonesoe
    pyaesonesoe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wow i just put 30 dollar yesterday and now your not telling me "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open" i dont need this **** just me my money back. dont be a Greedy
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A rollback of a database is absolute. Whatever the state of your safe, your inventory, your account stash, your level, your gear, your skills were on Saturday morning, that information is now the state of the server when the rollback occurs.

Then how is it possible I have the same amount of fairy boxes as I did last night? And I still have the promo mount I got 2 days ago? And TW map didnt reset?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If this was a rollback how can i missing the money i paid yesterday for a Primeval Stone, oh and i dont have stone in my inv??? so what happend to the money and to the stone??? PWI???
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruechen - Archosaur
    Ruechen - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Correctin: its not theft considering that pwi owns the rights, the its and even our characters. By signing the TOS we made it clear that we understand that we are merely renting the characters and ites however pwi can take them back when they see fit.

did i say theft... erm, don't think so if you're correcting me you just failed.. i merely pointed out people lost real money and they are understandable upset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yeѕ, ι нαve тwo мodeѕ..ι ғeαr ɴoтнιɴɢ υɴleѕѕ ι'м ѕтυcĸ вeнιɴd α вαrв wιтн eхceѕѕιve ɢαѕ
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Then how is it possible I have the same amount of fairy boxes as I did last night? And I still have the promo mount I got 2 days ago? And TW map didnt reset?
    That may not be 100% true, since we have no insight into whether PWI keeps separate databases for such things as (real) money purchases.

Your observations would suggest that they have multiple databases or at least didn't roll back every table within the database which tracks goods. In some ways that is worse than a full rollback. More confusion and more inequity. Some will be devastated by the reversion while others will not, giving the others a competitive advantage. Quite a hot mess, any way you look at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrsungit#2464
    mrsungit#2464 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont care of this reroll **** or what ever is going on in our server, **** happens, moving on, but what of my zhen purchase? I put money into this game two nights ago, and I want my gold thats missing back. My purchase is there on my receipt, but its not on pwi in gold.

My zhen purcahses from the 9th are there, but what of my purchase on the 10th? Where is the gold?

I could care less about everything else that has accoured. But when you mess with my cash, **** gets serious. Fix it, I dont want anything else back, I just want my cash I put in this game two nights ago back, So I can peacfuully end this game. Please and thank you.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Originally Posted by Surtr
    ...And I'm spent. I've been up for about 22 hours now, and my brain is completely fried. Honestly, I'm surprised I managed as many stanzas as I did.

Unfortunately, there turned out to be a critical database error on Archosaur that our engineers were not able to fix, and as a result the server has had to be rolled back to approximately 10am PST on Saturday, November 9th. We cannot apologize enough, as we know that for many of you that's the better part of four days of gameplay that's just been reverted. We will be compensating those of you who made purchases during that time in the coming days.

I'm posting it because it keeps getting buried and people miss it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tupsukorva
    tupsukorva Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice, I lost 5lvl's b:sad 33 -> 28
  • quofina
    quofina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i know that everyone asking this same, but are they gonna fix this?

f:weep

f:shame i'm sorry about this, but I think that everyone would like to get the money, weapons, Fashions (etc) back.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    im very sorry @archosaur community. this must totally suck and i can understand your frustration. hope you can just move on :)

on a sidenote, how did this unknown administrator collect 100.000 posts in less than 1 year? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    2nd rollback is coming :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Meh. This is so PWI.
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, what is sad to me is the gamers we are going to lose. Archo already struggles with keeping their player base intact and now this. It's just very discouraging. It really is.

Unfortunately, no matter what they do to try and fix this it will not be enough. There is no way it can be. It was a HUGE error on their part and they have already shown in the past that they don't compensate for their own errors. Remember the Forsaken World rollback? Remember the MOG's with DQ points.....the +12 orb sale?...and so many more. These kinds of issues just keep alienating the player base and the reputation of PWI keeps going down.

My sympathy to all of you having to deal with all the stress of this right now when the whole point of this game is to have fun and entertainment :(
  • lostinco
    lostinco Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    in the coming days??? they took the cash the moment we hit confirm possibly 2 seconds...they took it back in "roll back" several hours??? but they want us to wait for upcoming days????how many days? no answer...the items purchased at price we purchased them at? no answer....how do you decide what compensation even is at this point for the stress and time,items and cash etc....i won't hold my breath for compensation i think if you would take it in the first place i can't trust in what you say and thats what it comes down too you are no longer a believable business in which i would care to deal with
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still trying to figure out how a 'simple restart' turns into a 'critical error in the database'.

You were supposed to switch the servers off and back on. That is it. There is more to this story than you folks at PWE are sharing.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if rollback is a rollback... and everything should go back to the 9th of November then why the clock has not been set back to the date 9th of November on timed items like Auto-Recovery Stones f:ponder

just out of curiosity if you activate the presence of 'online' people in the game for those three days in event calendar coz all are gone f:meh

critical error... blue screen of death maybe f:laugh
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wow thanks alot all the coins i made and had saved is gone now i gotta ****ing start over bull****
  • iiiistfuiiii
    iiiistfuiiii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, do you people not know what a rollback is or something?

It means everything on the server and toons will be the exact same as it was on the stated date. Everything that happened after it is gone. if you bought anything after the states time, you won't have it.

If you got an awesome pack item like a scroll of tome a day after the stated date, it's gone.

Yes it means that all TW's from that weekend are moot and never happened.

what if u bought gold between the reset day? it would be a loss
  • FlippyFins - Archosaur
    FlippyFins - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was wondering, how come you only back up database once a week? I don't think it takes long, does it? and as far as I know you can do it while the server is online.

Even if you'll fix what just happened and I don't even believe you will, how can we - players, be sure that it will not happen in the future? now this is 4 days, what if it happened on 7th day before database backup?

How can I be sure that whatever I get in game today, tomorrow, in 2 days, will not be rolled back again?
    What was the problem and why did you have to roll back in the end?

Maybe it would help a little if you explained to us what exactly happened that you had to make such a serious decision in the end, since we are the ones that suffer from whatever the problem was.

Offering 2x for some short period of time is just funny.
    If there was a possibility of fixing the problem while having the server down for longer amount of time then I rather have that than 4 day long rollback.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is the last post I'll make regarding this.

What kind of incompetent tech team only backs data up weekly?

"There was a critical error, we spent 6 hours trying to fix it, but got lazy and gave up, so just rerolled the server back 4 days prior to the critical error. Here's 2x"

^ That should've just been the announcement.
  • FlippyFins - Archosaur
    FlippyFins - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    critical error... blue screen of death maybe f:laugh

lmao b:laugh
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol n the compensatory 2x lol i jsut cant spot loling... ok let us assume that we farm in 2x whats the gurantee that in nxt weeks main u wont face a error like that n reroll stuffs agn? since to u guys th time we spent doesn't matter at all... whats th guarantee that in next nw ppl that ppl can get same amount as they week last week... how do u compensate the ppl that farm cogs who spend hours in cube..... how to compensate herb Farmer.... hwo to compensate a trader that sold 1 thing n invested in another thing now the reroll bring backs the old thng there by eating the profit.... each n every hour ppl spent in game they r rlated to the economy of the game n u guys jsut destroyed so many of the payers ........ so many r so badly affected they r considering as quiting as there only option........... thy r very rite u guys just don't care at all may be u will refund gold n some stuffs waht abt the time n effort ppl put in it... well may be any thing that is not related to cs is not ur headache????

HONESTLY ABT THE 2x i m SCARRED TO FARM n work hard since they don't matter to u guys at all .............. b:lipcurl
  • cindy91111
    cindy91111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wow...soo no points what are we doing in 4 day??

pwi should give us respect about what are we doing in 4 days.
    ik some ppl will happy with this rollback but i thing much ppl unhappy with all of this.
    I thing rollback is not the right choise, cause many ppl will disappointed and maybe they will quit playing this game.

Maybe pwi can do rollback but pwi should give back all the item/coin by mail.
    that was my opinion.