Suggestion to PWI

Options
Betrigan - Raging Tide
Betrigan - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Here is a suggestion that will probably be ignored by those in power:

How about a freeze on all expansions and functionality updates for the next 6 months. No exceptions.

Spend the time:

1) Fixing bugs

2) Completing existing content that is incomplete

3) Streamlining maintenance procedures in the code, servers hardware and network infrastructure.

4) Stabilizing all associated infrastructure and services to a point where they are able to sustain a functional MMORPG

- all done to bring some more confidence back to the player base and more importantly let people who spend real life money have faith that their money will at least have some "fun" value. And for those that put in the time (rather than hard coin) can know that their blood and sweat is not worthless.

Just some thoughts.... PWI is not what it used to be a few years ago... very unfortunate with a game that could be far far better than it is.

Betrigan
Post edited by Betrigan - Raging Tide on

Comments

• AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Amen!
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Infyniti - Raging Tide
    Infyniti - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This .. all of this! b:beg
  • Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Im not against putting a halt to weekly reboots. The last 2 weeks have left servers crippled. Do we really need a 3rd?
  • Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide
    Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All of this
    b:cryMiss My ChildHoodb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Better Movie
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    we rather see peace in the middle east, ijs. b:chuckle
  • rafaelcalhaupwi
    rafaelcalhaupwi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with what Betrigan says.

Other thing that would be ignored but sounds pretty good is put the perfect hammer as a BH 100 reward too.
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI needs to be renamed FUWI: **** Up World International, because thats what it is
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here is a suggestion that will probably be ignored by those in power:

How about a freeze on all expansions and functionality updates for the next 6 months. No exceptions.

Spend the time:

1) Fixing bugs

2) Completing existing content that is incomplete

3) Streamlining maintenance procedures in the code, servers hardware and network infrastructure.

4) Stabilizing all associated infrastructure and services to a point where they are able to sustain a functional MMORPG

- all done to bring some more confidence back to the player base and more importantly let people who spend real life money have faith that their money will at least have some "fun" value. And for those that put in the time (rather than hard coin) can know that their blood and sweat is not worthless.

Just some thoughts.... PWI is not what it used to be a few years ago... very unfortunate with a game that could be far far better than it is.

Betrigan

PWI sadly became more concerned about their investors, and lining their wallets, instead of the player base, over the past few years.b:shutup
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This brings a weird sort of dissonance. PWI is a business and I can't blame them for wanting to make money, and typically the best way to do that is to make your customers happy. I bet almost the entire gaming community would support a freeze like this for fixes and it'd make us happy, but it's expansion and shiny new toys that make them money not game stability or reliability.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    *** it, u pwi making me dissapointed with every single day that passes through.. u'd better get a reasonable developer to make this game go on, or ill quit.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sounds all waaaaaaay to realistic to be possible my friend.

No wait ... nevermind b:chuckle
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Betrigan - Raging Tide
    Betrigan - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This brings a weird sort of dissonance. PWI is a business and I can't blame them for wanting to make money, and typically the best way to do that is to make your customers happy. I bet almost the entire gaming community would support a freeze like this for fixes and it'd make us happy, but it's expansion and shiny new toys that make them money not game stability or reliability.

Would you rather buy a car looks like an Eleanor but breaks down all the time or would you settle for a decent good looking sedan that never needs more than a wash every week?

I have spent money on this game over the years but I have reached the point where what I am putting in (and thereby endorsing PWI efforts) is not generating a return that I am willing to accept anymore.

New features do not generate new revenue - it may for a while, but a satisfied customer base who enjoy the game for the games sake are more likely to spend a lot more over a longer time than a disgruntled base that spend a $100 only to realise that what they are paying for is buggy, unstable and unlikely to give them the satisfaction that they expected their money would buy....

I understand that PWI needs to make money, but lets face it.. you can only stick so much bubblegum and sticky tape on something before it really breaks and then your entire revenue generation potential is gone.

Gamers are fickle and there are MANY many alternatives out there....
  • sunzee
    sunzee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Would you rather buy a car looks like an Eleanor but breaks down all the time or would you settle for a decent good looking sedan that never needs more than a wash every week?

I have spent money on this game over the years but I have reached the point where what I am putting in (and thereby endorsing PWI efforts) is not generating a return that I am willing to accept anymore.

New features do not generate new revenue - it may for a while, but a satisfied customer base who enjoy the game for the games sake are more likely to spend a lot more over a longer time than a disgruntled base that spend a $100 only to realise that what they are paying for is buggy, unstable and unlikely to give them the satisfaction that they expected their money would buy....

I understand that PWI needs to make money, but lets face it.. you can only stick so much bubblegum and sticky tape on something before it really breaks and then your entire revenue generation potential is gone.

Gamers are fickle and there are MANY many alternatives out there....

Well you didn't spend enough i mean you should sell house then spend all the money and log off because you will get dc anyway

And remember go to your friend house to do it because when you sell it you wont be able to spend all this money in this place.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah, no need to add new buggy content for the moment, we currently have enough bugs to deal with.
    Fix that and buy new hardware (and maybe QA environment as well)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89