celestial sage cultivation quest "written amulet"

Options
Tetream - Lost City
Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
I'm doing the culti 100 for my cleric atm to be prepared for the new expansion.
I have completed full gv and have to do the quest:
-->Spiritual Cultivation
> Celestial Sage
> Savant's Treasure
> Gathering Items
"Go to Desert Tower, and retreive the stolen Written Amulet from Flamebath Slither."

I killed already about thousand of those Flamebath Slithers (they are not close to the Desert Tower btw.). I got tons of dq items and tons of cards for card boss. Referring to database, drop rate for "Written Amulet" should be 5%. But I don't get this drop.

Has anyone completed this quest at last four days (not weeks, months or years ago)?

Were you in squad when you got the drop? Did you kill the mob which did give you the drop - or squad member?

Did they break it by intention - and will give us a soon a "fix" with an instant culti100 boutique item? (I even wouldn't be surprised, since most people have never completed their culti 100 and we will need it to reincarnate).
Post edited by Tetream - Lost City on

Comments

• Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I tried like a month ago and never got it on my seeker and took a break from the culti. Seeker would be toon #3 for celestial. (veno and cleric are celestial). So idk if it is or not.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • _Elveis_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elveis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The drop rate for that item is awful. I had to kill a lot of monsters before i got lucky and i got it so keep trying till you get it
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The quest is not broken, why are you crying for compensation for something that works?

I've done full sage culti on 6 sage toons and the slither sometimes gave me the drop in like 5-10 kills, years ago it once took me like a half hour to get the drop.

My most recent sage culti completion was my 2nd seeker 2-3 weeks ago. It's always been stingy with the drop.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The quest is not broken, why are you crying for compensation for something that works?

I've done full sage culti on 6 sage toons and the slither sometimes gave me the drop in like 5-10 kills, years ago it once took me like a half hour to get the drop.

My most recent sage culti completion was my 2nd seeker 2-3 weeks ago. It's always been stingy with the drop.

Oh, you again. Reading ablilities = zero (where did I ask for any compensation??)

-removed-
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    -removed-

On topic, yes, the drop rate is absolute ****. But yes, they do drop them.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You can't get the drop from someone else in squad from what I recall.

But aside from that, the drop rate is just ridiculous. One time it only took me three kills (lucky!) but last time I was killing for hours before I just gave up. Went back to it the following day and killed about 50 before I got it. No, I haven't done it within the last few days, but it has often taken days worth of trying in the past so I imagine it is just the same now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited November 2013
    Options
    -removed-
    You can't get the drop from someone else in squad from what I recall.

But aside from that, the drop rate is just ridiculous. One time it only took me three kills (lucky!) but last time I was killing for hours before I just gave up. Went back to it the following day and killed about 50 before I got it. No, I haven't done it within the last few days, but it has often taken days worth of trying in the past so I imagine it is just the same now.
    This used to be the case, but is not anymore.

I did my seeker's moonshade chrono and culti quests that he could sit in vortex for.. otherwise he was partied with my mystic who did the killing.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This used to be the case, but is not anymore.

I did my seeker's moonshade chrono and culti quests that he could sit in vortex for.. otherwise he was partied with my mystic who did the killing.

Good to know. I can help out my psychic then. xD

Used to just be unsquaddable for a couple of parts but I'd remembered the flamebath slithers being one such part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My seeker is lucky with this quest, the amulet drop from the first mob she killed b:victory
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So i was on seeker and did this part and 1st mob got the drop lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Check:

1) quest list full?
    2) inventory full?
    3) anybody else in squad?
    4) killing right type of mob?

and if all else fails, the cure-all:

5) relog
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If only the OP was demon... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    snip.

Learn to read.

To the OP: Just keep trying, sometimes it takes very long.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Learn to read.

This, one thing I hated when I did my demon culti is the horrible quest drop rate in the OHT maps. I spent 2 hours one day on the mobs in map4?(i think) . If i remember right there was like several different sets of mobs you had to kill for one drop, they hit hard (for me at the time) and about drove me insane

b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hate that quest with passion. I was lucky with my first two toons but boy...it took an eternity to get the drop on my Psychic who was also just in TT90+5/Morai weapon at the time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Learn to read.

Says learn to read.

Then says the exact same thing.

Brilliant! b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Funny enough, took half an hour to do it the first time, and then I accidentally trash culti and had to redo, got it from 2nd mob b:laugh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    -->Spiritual Cultivation
    > Celestial Sage
    > Savant's Treasure
    > Gathering Items
    "Go to Desert Tower, and retreive the stolen Written Amulet from Flamebath Slither."

I killed already about thousand of those Flamebath Slithers (they are not close to the Desert Tower btw.). I got tons of dq items and tons of cards for card boss. Referring to database, drop rate for "Written Amulet" should be 5%. But I don't get this drop.

Has anyone completed this quest at last four days (not weeks, months or years ago)?

Were you in squad when you got the drop? Did you kill the mob which did give you the drop - or squad member?

Did they break it by intention - and will give us a soon a "fix" with an instant culti100 boutique item? (I even wouldn't be surprised, since most people have never completed their culti 100 and we will need it to reincarnate).

The quest is written badly because it does not tell you where Flamebath Slither is located. I checked PWWIKI on the Moonshade Desert page and it looked like it is a boss in BH79 but looking here it looks like it is just a mob in Moonshade Desert . Trying to do these quest drives me nuts when they don't tell you such information. Also many players English is often so bad that it is very hard to understand what the heck they are talking about.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    -->Spiritual Cultivation
    > Celestial Sage
    > Savant's Treasure
    > Gathering Items

Just keep trying. You'll get it eventually.

Wow. Who the hell do you think you are? If I had to grind on mobs for over a day or so for a single drop that never showed I'd think something was wrong too considering all the issues related to the recent expansion. Things that had nothing to do with the new content are broken. Venos cannot summon pets while flying for example.
    It's beneficial to the rest of the community and game staff for people to bring up suspected issues here in the forums for others to confirm or not confirm consistency.

The op was looking for such confirmation. Not crying or making demands for compensation. Try showing a little respect.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The quest is written badly because it does not tell you where Flamebath Slither is located. I checked PWWIKI on the Moonshade Desert page and it looked like it is a boss in BH79 but looking here it looks like it is just a mob in Moonshade Desert . Trying to do these quest drives me nuts when they don't tell you such information. Also many players English is often so bad that it is very hard to understand what the heck they are talking about.

You're misreading the wiki. Flamebath slithers dropped (note: dropped, as card drops have been removed) cards for a boss in 79, nothing there says they're in 79.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    NECRO! f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yes, it drops. But after a few hundred kills. When I finally got it, I yelled FREEDOM!!!
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    closing this for necro. And remember, only YOU can prevent zombie uprisings.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.