Warsong glitch?

Options
BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear
BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Mystic
So here was I in full warsong with my mystic when a random bm asked me if I know the plant glitch on incarcerate that keeps the boss from spawning the final add. As much as I've tried to find it reported somewhere I could not... Has anyone heard of it at all?
Post edited by BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's a common glitch with many mobs/bosses that spawn adds (works on FF BR boss too for hands)..

Just repeatedly summon a plant and lyse it as fast as your lyse can cool down.

If you're good enough, and your party doesn't damage the boss too fast, you can glitch all adds (minus the mobs where you have to pick one apart and kill it, and the very first mob the boss spawns when aggro) with plant.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    MODS close this, it is a violation of the ToS, talking about/ promoting glitches or flaws in game/ game play. this needs to be closed and the op punished for talking about abusing a glitch/bug/****.
  • BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    MODS close this, it is a violation of the ToS, talking about/ promoting glitches or flaws in game/ game play. this needs to be closed and the op punished for talking about abusing a glitch/bug/****.

Glitches are identified, reported and avoided. That's how games are improved. Asking about them does not equal acting them out. Don't judge without evidence.

Many thanks to the illuminating poster before you.
  • Torrotorro - Archosaur
    Torrotorro - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Now before anyone yells at me I don't play my mystic too often. That being said if you lysing a plant doesn't that act as a debuff kind of? So I don't see how this is a glitch. Ofc I could be wrong just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    and the op punished for talking about abusing a glitch/bug/****.

People like you are the reason i dont really like people very much alltogether. Always pointing, wanting to control, wanting to boss, wanting to punish.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lol, ignore the troll. He's just begging to be banned for a while already.

But how does this work though? As I understand it, you're giving the boss a target for the adds, then removing it before he gets his "add cast" off, interrupting him...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Funny thing is, that boss has glitched on me twice already while in bb and without any known reason, summoning all adds at once and causing a squad wipe. To be noted, the adds follow you to the start only to kill you again (similar cases have been reported elsewhere so I know it wasn't just us).

As for the same happening in ff, I would be a bit hesitant to consider lysing any herbs as it does aoe damage capable of setting off the roaming add... of course it appears as though you need to do this on the first set of hands which would mean no roamer.. meh, kinda confusing.,
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this really needs to be closed, the second poster explained the glitch, breaking the rules! B.S. all rules should be enforced, and this breaks the rules so mods lock thread or remove.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And this is precisely why you are not a mod.

We've already seen this and if it needed to be closed it would have been closed. We don't need any backseat mods. Especially not ones who are doing it purely to troll and spite as you are. If you really think a thread needs to be closed, PM a mod and let us do our jobs with our discretion as we were chosen for. If you cannot do that or contribute to a thread then simply do not post in it.

And if you have a problem with this, take it up in a PM. I don't want this to continue in any threads on here. Understand?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What is so sad about that boss, he is easily killed without glitching. You(or the bm having make things harder) are only making it harder on yourself trying to keep a plant on the ground.

If everyone in the squad was not trying to be the tank, Warsong goes so much smoother.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People call this a glitch, but isn't the boss functioning as it is supposed to? The boss spawns mobs on a target. If the target disappears, the boss can't spawn the mob... it has always been like that. A mystic lysing their plant or absorbing their pet doesn't guarantee that the mobs won't spawn, it just increases the chance that they won't (is this correct?).

By this same logic, I wonder if it is possible to block the boss from summoning a mob by using absolute domain, ironguard, or belief? Has somebody tested this before I wonder?
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kind of weird though. I'm pretty sure to have seen the boss forget one add, or all of them after that one had been forgotten. And we didn't always have a mystic o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Funny thing is, that boss has glitched on me twice already while in bb and without any known reason, summoning all adds at once and causing a squad wipe. To be noted, the adds follow you to the start only to kill you again (similar cases have been reported elsewhere so I know it wasn't just us).

As for the same happening in ff, I would be a bit hesitant to consider lysing any herbs as it does aoe damage capable of setting off the roaming add... of course it appears as though you need to do this on the first set of hands which would mean no roamer.. meh, kinda confusing.,
    You would use creeper for FF BR.. he doesn't damage sawfist reaper divided.

I tend to switch between sting and creeper (using creeper only for when debuffs wear off since sting has shorter CD more akin to lyse) for incarcarate.

Incarcarate and Pestilent Destroyer (wood boss) are bosses that most often glitch on their own (spawning bosses on the floor/off the edge, not correctly reading kill count, etc.) without anything to do with a mystic or it's plants.

I'd also like to point out, in reference to mod junior in prior page crying cheat, this isn't an exploit in the frame that's a TOS violation. It's only called a "glitch" as a misnomer similar to the term "****" to describe a person who shares their account and loses their stuff.

If we compare the way the boss spawns adds:

- The adds that cause the party to be debuffed, or which buff the boss, clearly spawn on any random target on the boss' aggro table which includes pets, plants, and players. The boss sets a target for the add randomly based on it's aggro table, and because of the time of the plant to disappear from it's aggro table (either with lyse or simply by the plant's timer expiring / possibly summoning another plant), it causes the boss to send the add to a null target which essentially makes it not spawn. That it can be done so easily/frequently makes me believe the plants you lyse stack up on it's aggro table meaning the odds are high of the boss sending the add to a null target the more plants that get lysed. The latter is just a guess though.

- The 3 adds that the boss spawn at once where you're required to kill one.. they do not have the same criteria, thus why they will appear anyways.

It's also worth mentioning that the boss can have his casting interrupted and the add not come out as well, which is why sometimes you don't see certain adds (or if lucky enough, none will spawn outside the group of 3 and first add) even when there are no classes that have pets/plants there. The time to cast is so short though the odds of interrupting are tiny.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is possible with seekers Angel summons and veno pets as well...There are other skills that do the same thing too...It doesn't work as good but still

It's more of the bosses AI not adapting to it then being a glitch, plus...They'd remove it if they really didn't want people to do this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whiskerzz87
    whiskerzz87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's a common glitch with many mobs/bosses that spawn adds (works on FF BR boss too for hands)..

Just repeatedly summon a plant and lyse it as fast as your lyse can cool down.

If you're good enough, and your party doesn't damage the boss too fast, you can glitch all adds (minus the mobs where you have to pick one apart and kill it, and the very first mob the boss spawns when aggro) with plant.

]this is what is wrong here, cleasrly explaing and encouraging glitching....shame on you[/COLOR]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ]this is what is wrong here, cleasrly explaing and encouraging glitching....shame on you[/COLOR]
    Go away, troll.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What is so sad about that boss, he is easily killed without glitching.

Pretty much, every squad I go with can kill the boss so fast and so easy that no glitches is needed.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Storm Mistress + crit GF kills the adds very quickly. Simply tab and tell the pet to attack the add. In my WS squad they usually just assign me to kill the adds so the sins don't have to change focus. The exploit will just make the WS run that much longer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.