Breast Cancer Donations

Options
XXRipcurlXx - Sanctuary
XXRipcurlXx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
What do you guy's think of donating breast cancer on PWI ?....I would Donate breast cancer's to all females by buying pink fashions OR pink ribbon ever once a year...this would help so much for breast cancer's...i play darts and we do those events every year to support breast cancer's. Please do not QQ or blame me for this..gotta respect it and support. That's all i want tob:victory say
Post edited by XXRipcurlXx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At first when I read it I thought you want to give women breast cancer... But language blunders aside you want to spread the awareness, the thought is nice, not sure who would reveal they have it concerning people on the internet can be very cruel, esp in a game.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am sure PWE would do this when they figure out how to maximize a profit from it
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Cutie_Melody - Heavens Tear
    Cutie_Melody - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am sure PWE would do this when they figure out how to maximize a profit from it

Like each 50 gold u spend in boutique , pwi engage to give 1$ to an ONG .

b:chuckleb:shutup
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Like each 50 gold u spend in boutique , pwi engage to give 1$ to an ONG .

b:chuckleb:shutup

pink pigments sale?
    10% of all money made from them go to research?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Breast cancer awareness campaigns are always about profit. Breast cancer already has the highest awareness of all cancers and pretty much none of that breast cancer awareness money goes towards actual cancer research. Pink ribbons are a scam.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Breast cancer awareness campaigns are always about profit. Breast cancer already has the highest awareness of all cancers and pretty much none of that breast cancer awareness money goes towards actual cancer research. Pink ribbons are a scam.

Link to the source please o_o
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

I agree with this. Many of the items sold for awareness are pinkwashing, which doesn't actually help those with Breast Cancer, it benefits the companies manufacturing the items. Some of these items could even contribute TO getting breast cancer.

If it's something you're very passionate about though, there are many things you could do yourself.

You could:
    *Make a private donation to a charity that helps breast cancer survivors or research
    *Join a walk or event for awareness. You don't have to be athletic, you can volunteer to pass out drinks to the runners.
    *Educate family members and the community (and yourself) on breast cancer risks and prevention
    *Ask a local group if they need help making hats or need donations of something items.

Your intentions are good, I don't think anybody is picking on you, just being practical.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

This. The whole thing has been a scam for at least the past 5 years. If not longer.

Go to some of those galas that those people throw to celebrate donors, and tell me if they aren't stuffing their pockets with your pity money....
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Couldn't have said it any better.. b:victory
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wear blue to support prostate cancer awareness! /hijack
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wear blue to support prostate cancer awareness! /hijack

I thought that was brown and blue was for testicular cancer awareness
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just grow a moustache

http://uk.movember.com/