r9 seeker or r9 barbarian?

hisoka4me
hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Barbarian
Hello , i have both 101 seeker and barbarian sharing the same g16 set , i like playing both classes for their versatility so i decided to make one of them r9 and then continue with farming nw and fw for upgrading it eventually to rrr9. my question is which should i focus on making r9 first? the barbarian or the seeker. i mostly do pve stuffs and some pvp nw and some tw . which1 do you guys i should upgrade first? Oh i also like seeing good dmg b:cute thanks in advanced
Post edited by hisoka4me on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hisoka4me wrote: »
    Hello , i have both 101 seeker and barbarian sharing the same g16 set , i like playing both classes for their versatility so i decided to make one of them r9 and then continue with farming nw and fw for upgrading it eventually to rrr9. my question is which should i focus on making r9 first? the barbarian or the seeker. i mostly do pve stuffs and some pvp nw and some tw . which1 do you guys i should upgrade first? Oh i also like seeing good dmg b:cute thanks in advanced

damage overall? seeker

Damage in one arma? vit barb

stupid dps with 100 str bonus? R9rr aps barb
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    damage overall? seeker

Damage in one arma? barb

stupid dps with 100 str bonus? R9rr aps barb

^ This

Still I would chose the seeker over the barb.

The barb will undoubtedly stay alive a lot longer if it is in a prolonged fight(s), but the seeker has the far stronger.. err as in far more steady kill potential.

For melees it is like bringing a knife to a gunfight, you'll lose! Courtesy of: gunfight <--- EPIC song.

Though dont get me wrong I understand that a melee can be effective especially if they manage to live, but they do still struggle to kill others especially those pesky r93r casters who hit like a tank, and take hits like a wall. (edit) I guess what I am saying it this 1 on 1, there is far more balance in this game... but when it comes to mass pvp... and there being what seems like 50 "guns" running around, and 20 "knife" running around, the guns undoubtedly have the advantage in more ways than one. I for one believe that 1 on 1, you can overcome gear by being better at your class, but in mass pvp, no amount of skill will allow a melee to truly overcome the overwhelming odds against him or her... at least definitely not all the time. :X Sure it will happen from time to time... but the circumstances would have to be aligned exactly right.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • hisoka4me
    edited November 2013
    thanks for the answers , i will probably go with the seeker since i builded my seeker enough for the rrr9 then rest vit so he will have a bit a of tankines.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    don't need vit on an r9rr seeker to be tanky. FUll str sac slash fortify crimson soul powder qpq ion spike zerkcrit is murder.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • hisoka4me
    edited November 2013
    don't need vit on an r9rr seeker to be tanky. FUll str sac slash fortify crimson soul powder qpq ion spike zerkcrit is murder.

i will keep the vit until i get good hp on it
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was having the same debate and here's my two cents. I love my bm but someone asked in faction which should they R9 for pvp, a BM or a Seeker? I know, not your question but I'm circling around to that. I was surprised when both myself and the other "main" BM both said "seeker" instead of our own class. The other BM's argument was seekers hit harder and survive better and I realized that seekers have both better offense and better defense than a BM.

Barbs are great tanks, but they're more vulnerable to debuffs and magic damage, and once they've rotated through invoke, apoths, and have their genie in cd they're quite easy to kill. Their offense often isn't that great except for arma and with r9t3 out there and the only way to bipass most people defense is a crit arma they've kind of become one trick ponies. Arma also doesn't really hurt most HA classes. I took a crit arma with ToP from a 40k+ barb while magic marrowed and the TW tower debuff on me to take increased damage for only 13k tonight. Seekers have many more offensive options and both physical and magical attacks.

But, Seekers aren't that popular in Pve. Everyone loves a barb whether for buffs or for pulling. Seekers are great pullers but I think barbs still take the title for better puller and no comparison on squad buffs, barb wins. Debuffs seeker wins, but they don't get the respect as amazing debuffers from the community that they deserve because many seekers still are vortexing idiots. Barbs will probably always be more wanted and have more active rolls in PvE.

The other really enticing concept for PvE is a 5 aps 4 piece r9t3 barb. Would be pretty insane. Here's a calc of a +10 r9t3 barb with 5 aps, no NW gear and 4 pieces r9t3 (half vit, half JoSD) and 563 strength. I think my BM can charmless solo anything in game right now except Dragon Den, but this barb would do it with ease.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • hisoka4me
    edited November 2013
    hisoka4me wrote: »
    i will keep the vit until i get good hp on it
    I was having the same debate and here's my two cents. I love my bm but someone asked in faction which should they R9 for pvp, a BM or a Seeker? I know, not your question but I'm circling around to that. I was surprised when both myself and the other "main" BM both said "seeker" instead of our own class. The other BM's argument was seekers hit harder and survive better and I realized that seekers have both better offense and better defense than a BM.

Barbs are great tanks, but they're more vulnerable to debuffs and magic damage, and once they've rotated through invoke, apoths, and have their genie in cd they're quite easy to kill. Their offense often isn't that great except for arma and with r9t3 out there and the only way to bipass most people defense is a crit arma they've kind of become one trick ponies. Arma also doesn't really hurt most HA classes. I took a crit arma with ToP from a 40k+ barb while magic marrowed and the TW tower debuff on me to take increased damage for only 13k tonight. Seekers have many more offensive options and both physical and magical attacks.

But, Seekers aren't that popular in Pve. Everyone loves a barb whether for buffs or for pulling. Seekers are great pullers but I think barbs still take the title for better puller and no comparison on squad buffs, barb wins. Debuffs seeker wins, but they don't get the respect as amazing debuffers from the community that they deserve because many seekers still are vortexing idiots. Barbs will probably always be more wanted and have more active rolls in PvE.

The other really enticing concept for PvE is a 5 aps 4 piece r9t3 barb. Would be pretty insane. Here's a calc of a +10 r9t3 barb with 5 aps, no NW gear and 4 pieces r9t3 (half vit, half JoSD) and 563 strength. I think my BM can charmless solo anything in game right now except Dragon Den, but this barb would do it with ease.

yeah so i guess is good for a start to have my seeker taste the r9 life and keep the barb full g16, then when i get money i can make the barb too.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My buddy has the issue with BM vs Seeker. He enjoys playing the BM much more as it is a much more interesting and versatile toon to play. He understandably feels getting r9 on it is kind of a waste though and thus considers getting that on his boring seeker.

When its between a seeker or barb, that is totally different though and you should just go for the one that you like playing most.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got both r9 seeker and r9 barb. my preference would be the barb.
    But i am completely biased as i see the barb as my main and the seeker as an alt.

Neither were G16, so not sure how to differentiate the advantage you would gain from upgrading either toon from g16 to rank 9.

Going on the future skills that are coming our way '' soon''
    Would roll on barb.
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would pick barb because;
    even though barbs might not be able to hit as high as seekers we can still do good damage.
    Barbs are wanted more in squads for pve and pvp,
    Barbs are tankier and more effective in pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams