Customer Support or lack of

Options
Myisho - Dreamweaver
Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
am i the only one who thinks that the customer support and gm activity of this game is getting worse and worse .I mean in the last few months this game and support from gm and customer service is worse than i can ever remember it
Post edited by Myisho - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    am i the only one who thinks that the customer support and gm activity of this game is getting worse and worse .I mean in the last few months this game and support from gm and customer service is worse than i can ever remember it
    Have you submitted a ticket on any issues?
    Or is this just about the lack of a response from QQing on forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Senel_ - Dreamweaver
    _Senel_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have to agree just a few days ago I charged Zen and 3 days later the transaction is still in review I called the support billing number and no one answered my call. I have to rely on tickets most of the time which takes a week for them to answer. This is real money I'm dealing here so they need to respond quicker to the issues people are having.

The PWI Site isn't working properly people having issues with lag and getting stuck in instances etc and we don't have any word from GM's or Moderator at least saying we are working on it.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have to agree just a few days ago I charged Zen and 3 days later the transaction is still in review I called the support billing number and no one answered my call. I have to rely on tickets most of the time which takes a week for them to answer. This is real money I'm dealing here so they need to respond quicker to the issues people are having.

The PWI Site isn't working properly people having issues with lag and getting stuck in instances etc and we don't have any word from GM's or Moderator at least saying we are working on it.
    Are you calling the bulling support number during their office hours? (Think bankers hours in California)

As for lag, 98% of the time it's not the server. If you haven't seen my posts on that yet, look around a little. I'm happy to help out, if you provide the info I ask for.

With the PWI Sites, it's been a PITA for a long time, most of it has to do with dirty code or old code left sitting around. Currently they are working on what sounds like a complete re-design and there's a sticky up about those issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

When I had trouble with my ZEN about a month ago, I gathered all of the related information first, and then opened a ticket. It was handled a few hours later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are you calling the bulling support number during their office hours? (Think bankers hours in California)

As for lag, 98% of the time it's not the server. If you haven't seen my posts on that yet, look around a little. I'm happy to help out, if you provide the info I ask for.

With the PWI Sites, it's been a PITA for a long time, most of it has to do with dirty code or old code left sitting around. Currently they are working on what sounds like a complete re-design and there's a sticky up about those issues.

Hey Sylen, it should be noted that calling the number during normal business hours still doesn't generally result in the other end picking up. At best, you go through the automated service and get the operator. I've called PWE quite a few times during normal PST business hours, and to this day have never been able to get a real person.

The ticket system, from my experience, is pretty dull. Occasionally it won't work at all, and you'll have to try a different browser (even clearing cache, dns, etc results in no fix). If you can actually get a ticket submitted, I have found that the general response time is up to a week (I've had 2-3 weeks in the past), and they generally send 1-2 replies to the open ticket before perma-closing it, where you can't open it again. In this case, you can try doing another ticket and/or contacting them directly via e-mail customer support. However, the e-mails generally bounce back for me. I've only pulled off one successful e-mail to PWE directly, and oddly enough all others have been sent back as not delivered.

So, where does that leave PWE's customer support in my book? Well, I could still over-look some of the issues I've had if I saw active community involvement in-game and on the forums. But alas, they are no where to be found. PWE decided to opt for not finding a new staff member to hire and get as our community manager, and instead is over-working the current two co-CMs that we have w/ multiple message boards for PWE titles.

In the end, does PWE have lackluster customer support? Absolutely. Will it change for the better anytime in the near or upcoming future? Absolutely not. If you're looking for a MMO that has reasonable support, try searching the current top five MMOs, and I'm sure you'll enjoy what's to offer.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that PWI customers are masochists? They see that the company is doing nothing to keep their business in shape, yet the people still pay money to them, I don`t get this, if a service is bad, boycott it, simple as that.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that PWI customers are masochists? They see that the company is doing nothing to keep their business in shape, yet the people still pay money to them, I don`t get this, if a service is bad, boycott it, simple as that.

A lot of people (myself included), linger around the forums but don't play the game anymore. After the latest content update fiasco and still no fixes in sight, I've all but given up on this game. I still enjoy reading the forums, and posting here and there. I have a feeling quite a few folk around here are in the same or similar situations. :)
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Depends on your payment method, but I read they had issues with PayPal last week which are now resolved. If you paid by credit card, make sure its not being stopped by the credit card company waiting for your authorization ensuring you aren't being the target of fraud. (this happened to me a couple times over the years making purchases of virtual goods). Check your email accounts for any payment issues.

If none of the above applies to you, send a ticket with all appropriate information like transaction number, name, address, last four numbers of credit card used, time Zen was purchased or any other information you think they might need to hasten you receiving your Zen
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Idk, i've never had an issue with their customer support. I have however, had issues with the game in general and sometimes my zen not appearing on time but each time I reported the issue and made tickets, it was resolved in and even before the time stated in the little auto msg. You may be doing something wrong, make sure you're checking your email often inbox/spam sections. Then again, just because I haven't had any issues doesn't mean they don't exist...b:bye
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Idk, i've never had an issue with their customer support. I have however, had issues with the game in general and sometimes my zen not appearing on time but each time I reported the issue and made tickets, it was resolved in and even before the time stated in the little auto msg. You may be doing something wrong, make sure you're checking your email often inbox/spam sections. Then again, just because I haven't had any issues doesn't mean they don't exist...b:bye

And yes, there are the occasional good experiences with support as well. I've always had the assumption that it's based on which support staff you get, how they feel for the day, and how overloaded they are with tickets.

Does the good out-way the bad? It's hard to say, because most stories you get from players on the forums or in-game are after they have had a poor experience with PWE customer support. It would seem (which is logical), that the good experiences are less talked about. Whether that means there are less good experiences than bad, are near impossible for a player to tell. From our side of the table, we see more bad than good.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And yes, there are the occasional good experiences with support as well. I've always had the assumption that it's based on which support staff you get, how they feel for the day, and how overloaded they are with tickets.

Does the good out-way the bad? It's hard to say, because most stories you get from players on the forums or in-game are after they have had a poor experience with PWE customer support. It would seem (which is logical), that the good experiences are less talked about. Whether that means there are less good experiences than bad, are near impossible for a player to tell. From our side of the table, we see more bad than good.

This.

On the poor end, if I listened to some of my earlier encounters with support, I wouldn't have made a venomancer for ~4ish years due to a model glitch that I was told not to bother with the class until it was corrected. I've also been told that an issue after a patch was on my end even though it wasn't and had to be corrected in another patch later on.

On the flip side, I've sent messages about things ranging from broken weddings, to not getting proper rewards, to items seemingly vanishing, and have managed to get swift and helpful responses including compensation even when I didn't actually ask for any.

So it really depends on both who you get and how you behave towards them. In general you're far more likely to get a better response when you're polite, patient, and are willing to provide as much information as possible. However, that should be common sense as people in general will react better to being treated well than to being yelled at and chastised for things they aren't at fault for.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've had pretty good results on all of my tickets and think the support team does an adequate job. It would be better if there was more GM presence in game though.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • dreamx12
    dreamx12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

My point exactly!.Where is the spokesperson from PWE explaining whats being done.
    We are well aware of what hasn't been done. Starting from "restarts" that extends
    several hours beyond the projected time with no updates from GM or PWE staff. Piled
    upon serveral broken quest within game and threat of new content being released on
    top of that. I mean come on!. Blessings aren't working now and again no where is there a
    thread from our glorious staff explaining anything about anything. If it is beyond being
    fixed then remove the content. It Pushing us to the point where we think the best fix for
    PWI is purge it from our harddrives and count the whole experience as a lost cause. Until
    real improvement can been seen I'm not recharging Zen. I feel the game is dying and
    please by all means prove me wrong. I honestly wish to be wrong this time . I loved the
    game for years and made some good friends here. I will not however stay aboard a
    sinking ship