New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They weren't disabled, she just didn't have enough MP to cast them at the time.

MP wasn't the probem, the problem was that the dagger she was using no longer had the required stat points to use and therefore was red. Most of the assasin skills require having a dagger equiped so it looked like the skill were not active. Standard skills like triple spark that don't require a dagger to be equiped were able to be used from the start.

When she then equiped a lower level dagger from the stash all skills were then able to be used. So it is a stat issue with equiping weapons.
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    MP wasn't the probem, the problem was that the dagger she was using no longer had the required stat points to use and therefore was red. Most of the assasin skills require having a dagger equiped so it looked like the skill were not active. Standard skills like triple spark that don't require a dagger to be equiped were able to be used from the start.

When she then equiped a lower level dagger from the stash all skills were then able to be used. So it is a stat issue with equiping weapons.

All wiz skills don't require weapon. Will be different for us f:grin However MP might be an issue f:brick
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for sharing the videos :o
    It's quite interesting, now the only question remains is what happens once you hit lvl100 again..
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's quite interesting, now the only question remains is what happens once you hit lvl100 again..

I think I read somewhere else that every time you reincarnate it writes a new entry in that book for your character. Looking at that screen it definitely looks like the interface supports having multiple historic chars that you could feed XP too. http://i.imgur.com/VThbnzF.png

EDIT: I looked at the UI code for this window and can confirm there are up to 10 different rewrite buttons that will show up.

Also you can see in that interface that if she fed enough XP to the 101 historical character she'd get 7 extra stat points which is the correct amount since 102 is 32 and 101 is 25. http://i.imgur.com/e7n7wqZ.png
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think you just hit 100 again, Nothing new in the files to indicate anything else
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All wiz skills don't require weapon. Will be different for us f:grin However MP might be an issue f:brick
    the sin had mp minus gear to the same level it had, it only lost the gear MP/HP so it was a 101 sin't base MP
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I read somewhere else that every time you reincarnate it writes a new entry in that book for your character. Looking at that screen it definitely looks like the interface supports having multiple historic chars that you could feed XP too. http://i.imgur.com/VThbnzF.png

Also you can see in that interface that if she fed enough XP to the 101 historical character she'd get 7 extra stat points which is the correct amount since 102 is 32 and 101 is 25. http://i.imgur.com/e7n7wqZ.png

It seems pretty likely you'd be able to feed XP to any previous character for more stat points. I'm not too worried about it.

So technically, let me see if I get this straight..

If you reincarnate at Level 105 you get the set amount of Level 105 bonus stats, if you reincarnate at a lower level - say 102 - you'll get the set amount for 102 toons which is significantly lower, BUT once you hit Level 100 on your reincarnated toon you'll be able to pour XP into your historical level and every time you "ding" your historical level you get the set additional bonus stats?

So basically there's no point in leveling to 105, since you'll get more XP after reincarnation anyway (4x, wasn't it?) and you get all the stat points you'd get at 105 as well after you level your historical toon to 105.

Am I getting this right?

Also, the whole "maximum number of reincarnations = 2" is false? You can reincarnate way more often?

Does each reincarnation give stat points, or do they change it up every time you reincarnate? Any info on that? Couldn't find any in here. If I missed it... my bad.

As for the "Ingot" items you get at Level 105 from the bag, seems only logical to me that it would be the ingots you need to create G12 skills. Says somewhere it needs x amount of ingots and x amount of w/e. Could be wrong.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So technically, let me see if I get this straight..

If you reincarnate at Level 105 you get the set amount of Level 105 bonus stats, if you reincarnate at a lower level - say 102 - you'll get the set amount for 102 toons which is significantly lower, BUT once you hit Level 100 on your reincarnated toon you'll be able to pour XP into your historical level and every time you "ding" your historical level you get the set additional bonus stats?

So basically there's no point in leveling to 105, since you'll get more XP after reincarnation anyway (4x, wasn't it?) and you get all the stat points you'd get at 105 as well after you level your historical toon to 105.

Am I getting this right?

Also, the whole "maximum number of reincarnations = 2" is false? You can reincarnate way more often?

Does each reincarnation give stat points, or do they change it up every time you reincarnate? Any info on that? Couldn't find any in here. If I missed it... my bad.

As for the "Ingot" items you get at Level 105 from the bag, seems only logical to me that it would be the ingots you need to create G12 skills. Says somewhere it needs x amount of ingots and x amount of w/e. Could be wrong.

You have it right but the maximum number of reincarnations is currently set to 2.
    I checked the UI code for that window to be sure and can confirm that every reincarnation you do will have its own rewrite button (the window is set up to allow up to 10 reincarnations though).

I'm not sure if you have to wait till 100 to feed XP into historic characters.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You only get the 4x XP from level 1 to 99 when reincarnated. Things that happen when you hit 100 after reincarnation:
    Your XP gain rate is reset to normal.
    You may reincarnate (if you have not already reached the maximum number of reincarnations.)
    The book demon may be activated to feed XP to your historical character(s).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I see, thanks for the information :3
    Sucks though that getting to 105 will have to be the same way again x.x but oh well. At least I'm glad I don't have to do that on alts to get a good bonus of attribute points.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013

EDIT: I looked at the UI code for this window and can confirm there are up to 10 different rewrite buttons that will show up.

This is the best news ever! So everyone can eventually get the bonus stats, that's all I wanted to know... well, no, not really, I still have dozens of questions lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    that's all I wanted to know... well, no, not really, I still have dozens of questions lol.

Me too...me too b:chuckle but I'm happy to have the most important question answered (at least the question I'm been having for days now xD).
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2013

*Big Sigh of relief*

I noticed even after reincarnation you maintain your stealth detection levels. Very happy about that ^-^ I guess i'll instantly reincarnate after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Oh cool, I hadn't checked that. Means I didn't get to 105 for nothing then xD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Oh cool, I hadn't checked that. Means I didn't get to 105 for nothing then xD

Psh. You make it sound like the sexy avatar doesn't count. b:sad
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay for my rank 8 recast full set, it adds somewhere around 50 strength for me, so I might be able to wear my stuff a lot sooner than most people. Sounds good to me!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i dont get something, after u reincarnate, u have to lvl from 1 to 100 as we use to do, and if u were lvl 105 u get free 100→105? or u have to do all the work again? i am sooo confused with this, the extra stats are good but if u have to reach lvl 105 again then it is **** but as it was posted above me u keep stealth detection and such then being 100 or 105 after reincarnate it is the same... well 101 for r9 i guess. And dmg reduction? do u keep the dmg reduction u have at lvl 105?

if any1 can answer me that i would apreciate it. or at least give me a link wiht a clearly description of this new system.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You don't need to reach 101 after reincarnation to wear R9 gear.
    Most of (or maybe all) the answers to your questions are already above in this same thread b:sad
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • sklepowaja
    sklepowaja Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So there won't be any new high lvl gear like r10 or something?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Psh. You make it sound like the sexy avatar doesn't count. b:sad

b:surrender

Though to be honest, I think the lvl 80-104 fox venomancer avatar looks cuter.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    You don't need to reach 101 after reincarnation to wear R9 gear.
    Most of (or maybe all) the answers to your questions are already above in this same thread b:sad

link?couse really, i dont think what i asked is clearly stated above in this same thread, might be stated but not clearly, can u confirm this?
    1- being lvl 100 or 105 after reincarnation is the same (talking about dmg reduction, stealth detection, detection lvl, nw pills buffs)

2- u only have to lvl from 1 to 100 and then in lvl 100 u go bk to ur previus lvl, before u reincarnate.

3-what u need to reincarnate might be able to obtain in packs and the chances to get that is 0.001, so thats mean it might cost more than a scroll of tome

4-if u were 105 b4 reincarnate thats meant after u reincarnate and u hit lvl 100 u gain more stats than if u were 104.

those are my questions that i dont find a clearly afirmative or negative answer to all of this, some say yes, others say no and most of them are just random ppl that might be troll or not...
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    link?couse really, i dont think what i asked is clearly stated above in this same thread, might be stated but not clearly, can u confirm this?
    1- being lvl 100 or 105 after reincarnation is the same (talking about dmg reduction, stealth detection, detection lvl, nw pills buffs)

2- u only have to lvl from 1 to 100 and then in lvl 100 u go bk to ur previus lvl, before u reincarnate.

3-what u need to reincarnate might be able to obtain in packs and the chances to get that is 0.001, so thats mean it might cost more than a scroll of tome

4-if u were 105 b4 reincarnate thats meant after u reincarnate and u hit lvl 100 u gain more stats than if u were 104.

those are my questions that i dont find a clearly afirmative or negative answer to all of this, some say yes, others say no and most of them are just random ppl that might be troll or not...

I think if you read the last 5 pages of this thread you will find answer to all your questions. Pay special attention to post made by Asterelle and MayFly because they are well informed.
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013

EDIT: Corrected my info to prevent any further misinformation.
    Alright, let's see if we can clear some things up:
    When you reincarnate, your old level is recorded as your "Historic Level".
    From all the reports we've gotten so far; You keep your stealth detection levels, all your skills, your cultivation. Practically everything except your stats and base HP/MP, sending you back to Lv.1 in that sense.

To answer #1: You're basically treated as your "Historic level" for anything regarding level requirements; I presume you'll still get to keep your damage reduction, no concrete answers on that though.

To answer #2: No, you do not get an "instant 105" once you hit 100 again, but, your "Historic level" does come into play for most things.

To answer #3: Reincarnation appears to cost 2m, without the need for any boutique items, as well as a minimum level of 100. There is currently a limit to how much you can reincarnate; The current cap is 2, with an absolute max of 10.

To answer #4: Basically yes. When you reincarnate; you get bonus attribute points based on what level you reincarnated, with a maximum of 76 at 105. So yes, after reaching 100 again, you would have more points than someone who's at 104 or reincarnated at 104. This gap can be closed by being able to pour exp into your "Historic level", leveling it up to gain those extra points you missed out on.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From all the reports we've gotten so far; You keep your stealth detection levels, all your skills, your base HP/MP. Practically everything except for your stat points.

To answer #1: You're basically treated as your "Historic level" for anything regarding level requirements; I presume you'll still get to keep your damage reduction, no concrete answers on that though.

To answer #2: No, you do not get an "instant 105" once you hit 100 again, but, your "Historic level" does come into play for most things.

To answer #3: Reincarnation is completely free, you simply need to hit Level 100 in order to reincarnate, there is currently a limit to how much you can reincarnate. The current cap is 2, with an absolute max of 10. All it costs is time.

To answer #4: Basically yes. When you reincarnate; you get bonus attribute points based on what level you reincarnated, with a maximum of 76 at 105. So yes, after reaching 100 again, you would have more points than someone who's at 104 or reincarnated at 104. This gap can be closed by being able to pour exp into your "Historic level", leveling it up to gain those extra points you missed out on.

We need a Dummies guide.. seriously. The more I read the more confused I get.

I'm still trying to learn what I've missed the last 2 years..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure there will be guides written and posted on these forums as soon as this system goes live and people try it out but at the moment the information comes from PWCN servers. Very few people have access to an account there and unless you know chinese it's not easy to translate/understand stuff.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    We need a Dummies guide.. seriously. The more I read the more confused I get.

I'm still trying to learn what I've missed the last 2 years..

^^^^i know ur feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From all the reports we've gotten so far; You keep your stealth detection levels, all your skills, your base HP/MP. Practically everything except for your stat points.

To answer #3: Reincarnation is completely free, you simply need to hit Level 100 in order to reincarnate, there is currently a limit to how much you can reincarnate. The current cap is 2, with an absolute max of 10. All it costs is time.

I've got to disagree on a couple of points. Reincarnation isn't totally free (one of the images in the initial Japanese blog post on the expansion after it went live on the test servers shows a 2,000,000 cost... presumably coins, the picture actually says 200万, 万 being the character for 10,000, and the Japanese caption translates to "Pay 2m and reincarnate." No pack item needed.

You don't keep your base HP/MP, but rather have the HP/MP of your new level, enhanced by whatever of your old gear you can still wear (you can wear all ornaments and cloak you could before, and any rank gear that doesn't have stat requirements, from reincarnated level 1.) The same blog shows a level 102 elf (I believe archer) reincarnated at level 1 with 3502 HP and 168 MP, which is mostly coming from gear adds (the character has 47 vit and 7 mag from gear adds, coming from tome, rank top, rank pants, necklace, cape, belt and rings, and presumably some of those also have +HP and/or +MP.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've got to disagree on a couple of points. Reincarnation isn't totally free (one of the images in the initial Japanese blog post on the expansion after it went live on the test servers shows a 2,000,000 cost... presumably coins, the picture actually says 200万, 万 being the character for 10,000, and the Japanese caption translates to "Pay 2m and reincarnate." No pack item needed.

You don't keep your base HP/MP, but rather have the HP/MP of your new level, enhanced by whatever of your old gear you can still wear (you can wear all ornaments and cloak you could before, and any rank gear that doesn't have stat requirements, from reincarnated level 1.) The same blog shows a level 102 elf (I believe archer) reincarnated at level 1 with 3502 HP and 168 MP, which is mostly coming from gear adds (the character has 47 vit and 7 mag from gear adds, coming from tome, rank top, rank pants, necklace, cape, belt and rings, and presumably some of those also have +HP and/or +MP.)

Welp, serves me right for not doing enough research. I've got some edits to make.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Video of reincarnation system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzupgullcGo
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not quite sure why worry for somenthing dont going by here atleast on 2-3 months plus we dont know what is going to by added here we dont get the same updates usually that PWCN does have
This discussion has been closed.