Dark Abyss BS

RedWoodred - Harshlands
RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
PWI you SUCK! The rest of us struggle and save for this mount, and you give it away to anyone with $25 to spend? You can blow me if I ever do any of your long-term quests again! This is the stupidest idea imaginable and I am now and will be for a LONG TIME pissed that you left the East Coast servers down for 12 hours with no explanation!

Yeah, it sounds like QQ, but hell, why don't you just give one to every player, no matter how long they've been in the game? It was a badge that stated a long-term commitment to accomplish it. Now, it means precisely ****.
Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
---
RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
Post edited by RedWoodred - Harshlands on

Comments

• condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cannot agree any more than stated. Nothing to work for any more. How sad is this game becoming.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well..for anyone who's been in this game for a long time knows about this. Most of the time, whatever is rare eventually becomes non-rare and cheap especially when it comes to mounts :(
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI you SUCK! The rest of us struggle and save for this mount, and you give it away to anyone with $25 to spend? You can blow me if I ever do any of your long-term quests again! This is the stupidest idea imaginable and I am now and will be for a LONG TIME pissed that you left the East Coast servers down for 12 hours with no explanation!

Yeah, it sounds like QQ, but hell, why don't you just give one to every player, no matter how long they've been in the game? It was a badge that stated a long-term commitment to accomplish it. Now, it means precisely ****.

PWE has been doing things like that for a long time. Most of PWE's titles are completely tailored to people who spent significant amounts of money in the game. In the past, PWE has pushed out updates to the files on your PC, but you are unable to use that content without purchasing it (mounts, boutique-items, etc).

PWE does not reward hard work. Anything that was once rare or good is now cheap and common, and the rare stuff nowadays that only have minimal methods of obtaining - will later become easy, common, and dull.

It's ultimately poor management of a title that once had a very solid future. Unfortunately, PWE is about the here and now, and when that dark future comes, they just plan to merge serves and/or shut down the game. They've done it to two of their other games.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • KashinoYuka - Raging Tide
    KashinoYuka - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWE really knows how to **** it's playerbase off ...
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just got this mount few weeks ago with my 400 shiets, always wanted it...tou not blaming PWI they just dont know what to do to pull more money from players, and demon/sage cards? arent DQ point things going out of the game? lol there is no CM only few GMs left...seemes like noone anymore works for PWI, and there is a good reason for this for sure, what is it? we will never know that, but that PWI is going down...thats sure too, it would be realy nice if we could play PWCN on english, like there was an english version of the malay server, you could play it on malay and/or on english too, at least there are ppl who works for the game and not against it...

So PUT +10 dRAGON oRB IN bUTIQUE FOR 25g SO WE CAN START SPENDING THE 25g FOR DEMON SAGE CARDS...I WOULD SPEND LIKE 200g FOR SURE...THANK yOU
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2013
    PWE really knows how to **** it's playerbase off ...

Yeah, that's right. They've been doing these tactics since mid-2009. It's nothing new, and because any progression in the game is void on the next major expansion, most players quit - unless they are willing to drop significant amounts of cash in the game.
  • Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe I am blind, but where do you see the Dark Abyss for sale?
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2013
    Maybe I am blind, but where do you see the Dark Abyss for sale?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1019981

Scroll down to "Tier 2".
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its 50, not 25.
    and its gold spent, not dollar charged ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed, lame *******s, I`m 40 days from getting it THE HARD WAY, now the lame csers or any other ****face that buys gold via AH if I understand correctly - will get it in an instant, FU!
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally I'm glad they did this. I've been playing PWI for almost 3 years, but due to switching servers a year in and forgetting to pick up daily attendance I have yet to accumulate 400 attendance pages. On my one character (an alt of all things) I have finally reach 300 pages (still 100 short) but my main was only looking at about 150. I play almost every day, but I get busy doing other stuff and it slips my mind to grab daily attendance. This way I was able to get my mount, and while I will keep collecting the pages I can now use them for other things.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its the DQ Horses all over again. What's the big deal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wooooooooooooooooooooooow so much QQ JUST FOR ****** MOUNT??????????????? wow O M G SUCH kiddos u all r! i rly dont care that mount its useless , why do u mind it so harD? it doesnt make any difference in game, is just 1 mount more....

r u kididng wow.. speachless

go and get demon sage cards and stop qq for every single event, immature ppl.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its 50, not 25.
    and its gold spent, not dollar charged ;)

That.

Pretty much you can get that just by merching gold in AH, not a real coin spent. :)

Have fun.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omg thank u pwi for thinking of us lazy *** pwi players who don't take everyday attendence thx u i always wanted to have this mount

sec i am throwin money at monitor here i come dark abysssss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDwL05-nUL8

there take my euro
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow, euros! So rich!
  • ArrowBaron - Raging Tide
    ArrowBaron - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After a day of servers down, i back home and check website for any news and i found that..
    That was worse than wait for servers be online again. I know, for many of you its just another slow mount and so what?

For many time i charged a lot of gold in pwi, but then i realized there is no fun to just "finnish" a game or achieve all goals that fast, so i deicided i would farm everything i could without spending gold again. Then this mount update came up, "a single mount that no cser could buy" you would need to farm those attendance sheets everyday for 400 days! Most of players don't have patience for that. Yes, its not hard to "farm" it, just takes long, but everyone that had it, could be proud to have it.

I'll not say i will quit the game, but this made me and many others very sad, and worse than that, we know that they'll make those acts again in future.

And for who CS to get this mount, i really hope you feel proud to have it.

Thanks for your attention.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Uh, I wouldn't call picking one quest every day "working your *** off" lol And meh, be happy you got it for free instead of needing to spend gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's sad to the ones who do attendance daily. I'm 30 days from my 2nd one on the same character (my sin), so it's quite discouraging now that everyone who spends 50 gold in the boutique will have one.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2013
    Personally I'm glad they did this. I've been playing PWI for almost 3 years, but due to switching servers a year in and forgetting to pick up daily attendance I have yet to accumulate 400 attendance pages. On my one character (an alt of all things) I have finally reach 300 pages (still 100 short) but my main was only looking at about 150. I play almost every day, but I get busy doing other stuff and it slips my mind to grab daily attendance. This way I was able to get my mount, and while I will keep collecting the pages I can now use them for other things.

Since you've been playing for 3 years, you should understand why the progression system in most PWE titles has been ruined due to similar things like this. It takes over a year to get this specific mount, so for the players who spent over 300 hours total logged in to get this mount, it was something to be proud of and show off.

PWE has a long history of ruining the progression system. Players with the same attitude as this poster have been more present in the past, and were always pushing to get things handed to them as long as they could pay with cash or little in-game work. You claim to have switched servers; that's your choice. You claimed to have forgotten to do the daily - the actual "work" to invest in receiving the mount; again, that's a personal choice.

One of the biggest reasons why players have left the game, among ignoring the player base and a horrid customer support system, is the consistent broken progression system offered. What was once hard to obtain, can be bought with cash. No, I take that somewhat back... Everything in the game minus a few fairly insignificant things, can be bought with real-life cash. Most of the ways players were once able to make coin is dead, with the only real way to make significant in-game coins being throw cash at your monitor or become a 24/7/365 merchant on multiple accounts.

PWE has really dropped in ball in the past year or two, though. Once we lost the last Community Manager, PWE has had zero contact with the remaining few players. The content update was a joke - still not fixed, the forums are dead w/ PWE staff playing the game of no responses, DRM shoved at the players, DQ/token shop killed, broken in-game events, server issues weekly for players, missing NPCs (lucid), etc.

It's a matter of time before this game is shut down. Looking at the coming horizon with the next expansion and having to re-level all over again to even get access to maps or stat points, along with players who did goon-glitch being rewarded for their hard work, etc etc.

I've pretty much become cynical and given up on this title. For a game that I once played daily 10+ hours, it's sad to see it become worse month by month. I, however, am too busy nowadays with my life to even play much if it had become better. Though, that's quite a fantasy.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Think of it as PWI rewarding you 50 gold for going to an npc and clicking on it for 5 seconds every day for a couple months. It's not really an accomplishment...anyone can achieve it just by playing for 10 seconds every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Think of it as PWI rewarding you 50 gold for going to an npc and clicking on it for 5 seconds every day for a couple months. It's not really an accomplishment...anyone can achieve it just by playing for 10 seconds every day.

Sorry, it obviously IS an accomplishment - when others QQ about how much time it takes to 'remember' to do that quest, or hey, I've moved servers, why shouldn't I be rewarded, too?

Well, I DID remember. For nearly 400 days. Well over a year, considering I can't log daily. And no, it doesn't take seconds - to take the daily quest, maybe. But to remain on for an hour per day, per character? It requires a bit of focus.

And Strickeen? Your lack of English skills says more about you then your inability to complete anything of significance in game. No one respects that, so I will just take your response as confirmation of my being better at this all around. See you in server, 1-shot. This is no different than rewarding those who SFCed and still don't have the skills to even play a sin properly. Skill > levels > gear > SFC babies
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    idgaf; one account stash stone supplies mounts to all my toons per account thanks to anni

for me mount = means to get from point A to point B quickly. b:chuckle irrc, the sign in mount isn't even going to go 11.0 but I could be wrong
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well... at least by 2 months I had rare mount f:sweat
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe it's just me but it's just a mount...i'm going on 4 yrs with pwi...I use to have certain mounts i sold and use the ones from the 5 yr anni mounts (green unicorn/purple fox)

I rather have sage/demon event card more useful to me :D

I am mad though...they could of done this stuff last week when i had gold D:
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    think of it this way,

this horse is now old.

Make way for the new things!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI is doing this for long long time. People who has been here for a while can remember how hard was to get white horse at the beginning of the game, and then suddenly everyone had them for charging few bucks in game... well basically after that moment everything else went same way... not just mounts, but gear also.

After people spent millions of hours doing fbs to get rank gear, over night it became available for cash in boutique... lot of people left, others was happy.
    For those people that laugh and say its just a mount.. I say yes but those people was doing it to have something specially that separates them from others. Maybe its not hard work but still needs some effort. It is normal to want something that is unique and rare.. also it separates "old" and "new" players which is good thing because makes "old" people proud, and "new" have desire to achieve something in game and keep playing it.
    I don't like this system, but I got used to it. It just shows how PWI treat people that has been loyal to game for long time.

PS. PWI i still wait for that new helm to be available for spending gold in game if you can speed that process please b:thanks
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since you've been playing for 3 years, you should understand why the progression system in most PWE titles has been ruined due to similar things like this. It takes over a year to get this specific mount, so for the players who spent over 300 hours total logged in to get this mount, it was something to be proud of and show off.

PWE has a long history of ruining the progression system. Players with the same attitude as this poster have been more present in the past, and were always pushing to get things handed to them as long as they could pay with cash or little in-game work. You claim to have switched servers; that's your choice. You claimed to have forgotten to do the daily - the actual "work" to invest in receiving the mount; again, that's a personal choice.

One of the biggest reasons why players have left the game, among ignoring the player base and a horrid customer support system, is the consistent broken progression system offered. What was once hard to obtain, can be bought with cash. No, I take that somewhat back... Everything in the game minus a few fairly insignificant things, can be bought with real-life cash. Most of the ways players were once able to make coin is dead, with the only real way to make significant in-game coins being throw cash at your monitor or become a 24/7/365 merchant on multiple accounts.

PWE has really dropped in ball in the past year or two, though. Once we lost the last Community Manager, PWE has had zero contact with the remaining few players. The content update was a joke - still not fixed, the forums are dead w/ PWE staff playing the game of no responses, DRM shoved at the players, DQ/token shop killed, broken in-game events, server issues weekly for players, missing NPCs (lucid), etc.

It's a matter of time before this game is shut down. Looking at the coming horizon with the next expansion and having to re-level all over again to even get access to maps or stat points, along with players who did goon-glitch being rewarded for their hard work, etc etc.

I've pretty much become cynical and given up on this title. For a game that I once played daily 10+ hours, it's sad to see it become worse month by month. I, however, am too busy nowadays with my life to even play much if it had become better. Though, that's quite a fantasy.

Your post is probably the most accurate and honest post i have seen to date and are thus deserving of the award of PURE AWESOMENESS.....but it is sad at the same time how dead on true your words ring. It is probably only a matter of time before they start merging more servers due to lack of players from people quitting. This is a sad time for players of PWI. If you ask me they should take away all rank gear past 8 and make people rely on only the gear u can farm and take away much of the CS aspect of the game.....take away the ability to hyper in fc until u are at least lvl 85. Make people LEARN their classes again. Make people farm gear not buy it. Bring this game back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stuff

I agree with most of your post but for the love of god people need to move on from the goon glitch.
    PWCN has no such thing as hyper FCC, their 105 players were all legitimate (unless they used some other glitch I don't know about) and have every right to get rewarded in the reincarnation system for their hard work.

Then there are plenty of people who got to 105 in PWI legitimately through dailies, PV and whatnot that also deserve to be rewarded for their hard work.

It's not right to punish all the hard-earned 105s just because there are people who used the glitch in the past.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with most of your post but for the love of god people need to move on from the goon glitch.
    PWCN has no such thing as hyper FCC, their 105 players were all legitimate (unless they used some other glitch I don't know about) and have every right to get rewarded in the reincarnation system for their hard work.

Then there are plenty of people who got to 105 in PWI legitimately through dailies, PV and whatnot that also deserve to be rewarded for their hard work.

It's not right to punish all the hard-earned 105s just because there are people who used the glitch in the past.

This is funny cuz i can name many people...well i can name then but i wont cuz its not allowed on forums...but there are people on the raging tides server that are 105 simply due to this glitch. Just because u are or know of legit 105s that didnt cheat doesnt mean that is the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]