Seeker weak?

Options
bowniwow
bowniwow Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Seeker
Hello I've got a quick question: Is it normal to feel really weak at lvl 27?

I've an assassin friend who deals a lot more damage than me and he is lvl 24.
The wiki says we have good physical AND magical attack...
I'm sure we will get better but I want to know at wich level.

Thank you :)
Post edited by bowniwow on

Comments

• bowniwow
    edited August 2013
    Options
    No response really? Can no one tell me when seekers get better?
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Assassins tend to have high damage and low survivability early on. They boost both up but are in the end, squishy.
    Seekers tend to have high defense and low damage early on. They boost both up later but are in the end, tankier.

Tankiness is harder to experience early-game. You'll primarily start feeling tankier (or that its actually a benefit) at around level 50 or 60. Seekers at their final stages of gear are extremely difficult to kill with damage alone.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    bowniwow wrote: »
    No response really? Can no one tell me when seekers get better?

when you start killing more than 5 mobs at the same time
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Seeker tankiness is boosted heavily by adrenal numbness. If you have any aspirations of being anti-squishy, consider that skill your first priority above all others, as soon as you can level it. Some prefer to prioritize attacks, but that skill is much of what makes a seeker capable as a tank. Combine with an o'malley's blessing and you'll be looking damn good. When you get it to sage (assuming sage, few go demon), that's 50 def level between just those two.

Bear in mind if you're talking about going solo in PvE, Heart Shatter can also help significantly. Also, DO NOT rely on auto-attack for seeker, ever. APS isn't even a vaguely viable option without multi-billion gear investments and/or a VERY hefty bit of luck. Plan on skillspam, there's no better choice (other than yataghan vortex for large groups, but skillspam is still stronger 1v1 as long as you're not lagging hard).

As for the rest, it's up to you how you spec, but I personally prefer the no-vit route for most classes, seeker included. If you do spec vit, keep it to 60 max if you have any hopes of dealing notable damage, and plan on using resets to remove it when you hit semi-endgame gear. Assuming no vit, you'll want just enough dex to equip your weaponry, then everything else in strength.

Compared to sin, no class can touch it for pure damage dealing potential at endgame, but DD sins are squishy as hell compared to -any- other class, and in PvP sins are the weakest class in the game. Seeker's endgame PvE DD capability pre-R9 is still going to likely be lower than you'd prefer, but they're far from weak.
  • bowniwow
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So I shouldn't see seekers as a DD but more as a tank? That makes sense. But my damage is so low now and killing mobs takes quite a while. What is like the "main" combo for seekers for dealing damage?
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Seekers are mainly primary DDs only in terms of group handling, via yataghan vortex. As for combo, that depends highly on personal preference, and moreso on what you've actually leveled. It also matters somewhat whether your target needs to be handled at range.

My most common loops (continuously repeated combos for extended fights) are as follows, consider them reference, not suggestions. Use what feels right. I break them frequently to throw in things like edged blur, archangels, BTB, etc. as I see fit, or to swap stances around, throw in debuffs, etc. It's more involved than the afk autoattacking you see most sins doing. Also bear in mind that I have all of these skills sage, which significantly boosts their damage output.

Melee loop (can actually be used as a looping macro, handy when multicliented):
    Cleave > Strike > Darkcloud > Stalagstrike > Cleave > Strike > Battousai

Ranged loop (too long to macro):
    Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Cleave > Strike > Arme Nier > Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Cleave > Strike > Heartseeker
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ranged loop (too long to macro):
    Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Cleave > Strike > Arme Nier > Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Cleave > Strike > Heartseeker

this was pretty much the loop I used to solo Primal Fear at range (took a long time b:cry). With the noted exception I tend to do such as:

rocksplitting cleave -> staggering strike -> Battousai -> rocksplitting cleave -> staggering strike -> Heartseeker -> rocksplitting cleave -> staggering strike -> Arme Nier -> rocksplitting cleave -> staggering strike -> Gemeni Slash -> repeat till sparks fill up then: let NSW mark appear -> triple spark -> Mire + Frenzy + staggering strike -> Blade Affinity -> Ion Spike -> Battousai -> Heartseeker -> Arme Nier. then it all goes back to the start.

I suppose I could throw in a crimson soul powder + qpq after my spark as well, to boost the damage even more.

If there's a working (ranged) loopable macro I haven't figured out yet, it would be nice to know about it. That would allow me to play on my cleric meanwhile and spam debuffs and metal skills (its a squishy one that requires lots more attention than a looping macro with CHB in it b:surrender)
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If there's a working (ranged) loopable macro I haven't figured out yet, it would be nice to know about it. That would allow me to play on my cleric meanwhile and spam debuffs and metal skills (its a squishy one that requires lots more attention than a looping macro with CHB in it b:surrender)

There isn't, I've tried making one every which way. I really wish they'd let us chain macros (use macros within looping macros), would fix that problem quite nicely, and a good pile of others.

And yeah, I was just saying basic loop. There's plenty of weapon/bless swapping, sac slashing, genie abuse, etc. I don't bother with apoth on most bosses, usually when I'm a primary (or solo) DD on primal for instance, it means the rest are either melees who got whomped in the water or casters who got whomped on the rock next to me. Feels like too much of a waste. But then, I'm a cheapass.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    While I don't use macros, loopable or not I do have a suggestion that may work for a ranged macro. Seeing as use my mouse/hotkeys for every single attack I don't know if this combo would work in a macro. Asishi mentioned above that he's got Staggering Strike sage; the combo I used to do was:

Strike > Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Strike > Cleave (simply repeated at this point)

Thanks to the sage Strike's reduced cooldown I was able to use Strike after Cleave once again, so instead of the usual Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Cleave > Strike (non-sage strike would only work in this case, with 2 skills inbetween instead of just 1) one skill inbetween is enough. Macros tend to be silly when it comes to cooldowns and won't get to the next skill if the cooldown isn't done at the right moment, so whether that combo works or not I'll leave to your testing.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Gemini slash trash mobs gg
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    LolyLove - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There are a lot of things that make difference: armors, build, skills and gamestyle. Sins always make more damages but we got HP to survive, ranged attacks and AOEs.

At 101 with a decent armor (Like full T3) you can handle any class easily, maybe some classes will be harder to kill but they wont kill you easily because the amount of HP you got later on.

In my personal experience, the sins are the most easy class to kill 1vs1. Just need to get away of their close range attacks (If you can) and you will be okb:pleased
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    While I don't use macros, loopable or not I do have a suggestion that may work for a ranged macro. Seeing as use my mouse/hotkeys for every single attack I don't know if this combo would work in a macro. Asishi mentioned above that he's got Staggering Strike sage; the combo I used to do was:

Strike > Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Strike > Cleave (simply repeated at this point)

Thanks to the sage Strike's reduced cooldown I was able to use Strike after Cleave once again, so instead of the usual Cleave > Strike > Battousai > Cleave > Strike (non-sage strike would only work in this case, with 2 skills inbetween instead of just 1) one skill inbetween is enough. Macros tend to be silly when it comes to cooldowns and won't get to the next skill if the cooldown isn't done at the right moment, so whether that combo works or not I'll leave to your testing.

That won't work without lag assistance sadly, and I tend to have a latency under 100. Cooldowns begin as the channeling ends and casting begins. Assuming no lag, that's 1.8s elapsed as you hit the second strike. In my case, I also have -12% channeling, which while minor on those skills, still works against it.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That won't work without lag assistance sadly, and I tend to have a latency under 100. Cooldowns begin as the channeling ends and casting begins. Assuming no lag, that's 1.8s elapsed as you hit the second strike. In my case, I also have -12% channeling, which while minor on those skills, still works against it.

I guessed as much. I actually got to testing it later yesterday and it worked just fine for a little bit until, eventually, I had a bit less lag :p.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Seeker weak? Maybe at lower lvl, but at higher level when you know what are you doing (learn your class) with good gear, seeker is quite strong.

My seeker with full G16/nirvyS3 could tank warsong bosses easily, do pulls in lunar and tank the bosses there.

b:pleased
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well well. I've found a way to keep an infinite ranged combo going, though I don't know if it matches your preferences or not. My main goal was to figure out a way to make it go on forever without having to use melee skills, which at least to me seems to work.

Seeing as battousai has quite a bit more casting time than cleave, it would still be possible to do Strike > Battousai > Strike.

Now we're looking for fillers here, Heartseeker, arme nier or shatters don't work out because of their long cooldown compared to the speed of the combo. Sparking won't work as the combo doesn't get back enough chi, gemini/ion don't work because of cooldown/spark cost. You get the idea.

I'll just list the macro here and let you work out whether it fits your preference or not. I tend not to use macros though as there's still the interrupting bit that might mess it up.

(sage) Strike > Battousai > (sage) Strike > Cleave > (3 stances, the one you want to keep on -I'd suggest NSW, should be last) Soulsever > Parchedblade > NSW.

The stances are there to fill the cooldown gaps. I tried using less than 3 of them but the combo would catch up to the stance cooldowns. I haven't tried swapping bits like getting a stance in the middle of the combo or something similar. The main point is that the combo will keep going, at least it does for me. And as I mentioned, you want the stance you're using in the combo to be last in the chain. Since the only stance activating skill in the chain is Strike I suggest NSW as the last.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well well. I've found a way to keep an infinite ranged combo going, though I don't know if it matches your preferences or not. My main goal was to figure out a way to make it go on forever without having to use melee skills, which at least to me seems to work.

Seeing as battousai has quite a bit more casting time than cleave, it would still be possible to do Strike > Battousai > Strike.

Now we're looking for fillers here, Heartseeker, arme nier or shatters don't work out because of their long cooldown compared to the speed of the combo. Sparking won't work as the combo doesn't get back enough chi, gemini/ion don't work because of cooldown/spark cost. You get the idea.

I'll just list the macro here and let you work out whether it fits your preference or not. I tend not to use macros though as there's still the interrupting bit that might mess it up.

(sage) Strike > Battousai > (sage) Strike > Cleave > (3 stances, the one you want to keep on -I'd suggest NSW, should be last) Soulsever > Parchedblade > NSW.

The stances are there to fill the cooldown gaps. I tried using less than 3 of them but the combo would catch up to the stance cooldowns. I haven't tried swapping bits like getting a stance in the middle of the combo or something similar. The main point is that the combo will keep going, at least it does for me. And as I mentioned, you want the stance you're using in the combo to be last in the chain. Since the only stance activating skill in the chain is Strike I suggest NSW as the last.

Hmm... never considered adding stances in to fill. I'll check it out later on when I get some time. If it works, that's not bad at all when needed.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Adding stances definitely works (*EDITED FOR MISINFORMATION... SEE BELOW POSTS*.)

While it doesn't do damage it is still useful if you don't get interrupted for w/e reason. Even easier to ignore (AND GO AFK) if you just pve with it. :P

NSW stance FTW! So sucks when devour overwrites soulsever/gemini slash 3 minute debuff.

EDIT: Yes, early levels seekers are weak, (every class is really) and they will never truly out dph, or dps any other class in game, but they really are quite a fun, and decent class. (They can take an absurd amount of damage, and if in the right squad can keep aggro quite well)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Adding stances definitely works (though it will only work if you use one stance, don't try more than one stance per macro.)

What. Just what... Have you read anything we've been writing so far or just that one line where I posted the combo?
    While it doesn't do damage it is still useful if you don't get interrupted for w/e reason. Even easier to ignore if you just pve with it. :P

SW stance FTW! So sucks when devour overwrites soulsever/gemini slash 3 minute debuff.

I assume by SW you mean NSW? Northern Sky Waltz? Don't see what that has to do with gemini then...

Look, I'll explain it again. The point of the THREE stances is so the combo keeps LOOPING. We want it to LOOP. Stances have a 8 second cooldown time. One wouldn't be enough. We're not using 3 stances because we want to proc them all. We're just using them to buy time. And as I said, putting NSW last so that it can be used during the combo itself. If I did what you said and only kept one stance, the combo would stop after the second loop.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What. Just what... Have you read anything we've been writing so far or just that one line where I posted the combo?

I assume by SW you mean NSW? Northern Sky Waltz? Don't see what that has to do with gemini then...

Look, I'll explain it again. The point of the THREE stances is so the combo keeps LOOPING. We want it to LOOP. Stances have a 8 second cooldown time. One wouldn't be enough. We're not using 3 stances because we want to proc them all. We're just using them to buy time. And as I said, putting NSW last so that it can be used during the combo itself. If I did what you said and only kept one stance, the combo would stop after the second loop.

Yes i did in fact mean NSW, and tbh i didn't fully read what you all wrote... that was definitely my bad there... but from my memory when i tried to put in 2 stances into One single combo for a macro on my seeker it didn't work... it was more of a tidbit of info I thought would be useful, it wasn't meant to rebut/throw out anything said earlier. :$ xD

EDIT: YoucangetittloopwithONEstance,infinitelywiththerightskillsinthecombo,youcankeeponwithrangedattacks. (Again I didn't mean to argue that at all.. ergo the lack of quoting. xD I was wrong about this see below edits: *also points to sig* I be one of those humans (who so easily makes mistakes) *hides*

EDIT2: bah i just retested the macro i had on my seeker, I am wrong the combo i had doesn't loop around like i thought it did... been too long since i tested it (had it active long enough for it to break.) xD. Also perhaps I had the stances too close or something when i used it before.... i unno... been a while. xD

Third and (HOPEFULLY) final edit: NSW has nothing to do with gemini it was more of a statement... it just annoys me how many ppl think that a seeker needs to vortex on bosses. (especially when they have one of the most badass debuffs in game. 20 def lvl reduction ftw!.. i am just saying I islike using gemini slash due to the fact that barbs devour overwrites it... so I find soulsever to be nigh pointless in pve scenarios but that is just my opinion.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hmm... never considered adding stances in to fill. I'll check it out later on when I get some time. If it works, that's not bad at all when needed.

nor have I. I'm not sure if there's enough total cast + channel duration to that suggested combo with a low ping and/or -channeling. It got me to thinking there should be two battousai in there to bump up the duration of the combo, but I couldn't seem to fit two of them in there and be sure it was cooled down in order to work. But, that got me to thinking of what other buffs might be plausible. I came up with something that *might* work in soulsever stance (and it depends greatly on not getting interrupted due to long channel times) but..

(Loop) Battousai -> Gemeni Slash -> Battousai -> Arme Nier -> Heartseeker -> Battousai -> Bladed Fervor (or your favorite weapon buff)

should work for using those long cool down skills
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    nor have I. I'm not sure if there's enough total cast + channel duration to that suggested combo with a low ping and/or -channeling. It got me to thinking there should be two battousai in there to bump up the duration of the combo, but I couldn't seem to fit two of them in there and be sure it was cooled down in order to work. But, that got me to thinking of what other buffs might be plausible. I came up with something that *might* work in soulsever stance (and it depends greatly on not getting interrupted due to long channel times) but..

(Loop) Battousai -> Gemeni Slash -> Battousai -> Arme Nier -> Heartseeker -> Battousai -> Bladed Fervor (or your favorite weapon buff)

should work for using those long cool down skills

I already tested my suggested combo the other day. It worked with ~100 ping and -6 channelling.

I'll test your suggestion in a minute. One thing you should note though, I don't know how many seekers know of this and I don't know if it affects demons. Sage gemini doesn't get interrupted by regular hits. As you know each attack should normally have a chance to get interrupted by taking damage (not referring to DoT damage). Even though the hit dealing the damage isn't meant to interrupt upon landing. I don't know if I simply got lucky though. All I had to do was stand in a group of mobs and use gemini (without affinity) - the result would be no interruptions.

Edit: The combo you mentioned does work too. It's also possible to replace the last battousai with Soulsever in order to make use of the stance in the combo too.

On topic: Seekers do have it pretty bad with damage until endgame, but damage isn't all that we're supposed to do in the first place. The Seeker class is open to many possibilities which is what makes it so fun to begin with :p. Shatters and stances for debuffing, not to mention all the possibilities Quid Pro Quo brings along. We also have pretty good AoE damage (I'm NOT talking about vortex only, though a vortex with debuffs will easily outdamage one without any). Def levels for tanking, though aggro holding isn't very easy until endgame (Blood-thirsty Blitz).

What level do they get better? 59. Soulshatter your bosses for your casters to nuke them. Quid pro quo for bosses amps or your own pots/genie debuffs (since you're getting into BH51 range at that level, Wyvern's amp is a good example of quid's uses). Def squad buff... this one's a bit meh until you actually level it, then it's pretty awesome. Blur/Vortex for some nice aoe damage. Combine these with Heart/Mind shatter, Northern Sky Waltz/ Soulsever Minuet and the awesome defense level boost from Adrenal Numbness and you've got yourself a nice set of debuffs and potential AoE damage.

If you're referring to when can you nuke single targets and solo all your stuff... though it takes a while and gets boring seeing as seekers aren't an APS class (if you wanted an APS class you should've followed your friend's class choice), then that would be 100+. It's possible enough to solo things until that level but for efficient damage I would highly suggest 100+. R8/Nirvana/G16/R9+ would all work in this case. 100 also comes with an awesome new set of skills to boost this damage further. Sacrifical Slash / Rewinding Gesture / Archangels of Justice. You'll also get Blood-thirsty Blitz as a nice AoE/Heal/Aggro skill.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I already tested my suggested combo the other day. It worked with ~100 ping and -6 channelling.

Interesting, considering according to the addition I did - it doesn't seem as though it should. Each of the stances takes 1 second total (no -chan) to channel + cast. The same with cleave and strike. Battousai takes 1.7 without channeling gears. So pretending NSW is first, with an 8 second C/D, and cool down begins immediately after channeling, we have .8 seconds cast plus the following:

strike: 1s
    Battousai: 1.7s
    cleave: 1s
    parchedblade: 1s
    soulsever: 1s

for a total of 7.5 seconds before the next NSW channel begins, which is less than 8 seconds obviously. I'm surprised it works for you. But in that case, you should be able to take out one of the stances and open your macro with a Cleave first, since they both apparently take up the same amount of time. This way it would get more damage in.
    I don't know if I simply got lucky though. All I had to do was stand in a group of mobs and use gemini (without affinity) - the result would be no interruptions.

Edit: The combo you mentioned does work too. It's also possible to replace the last battousai with Soulsever in order to make use of the stance in the combo too.

Interesting about sage gemini slash not getting interrupted. interrupts are the bane of my existence with that skill.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Interesting, considering according to the addition I did - it doesn't seem as though it should. Each of the stances takes 1 second total (no -chan) to channel + cast. The same with cleave and strike. Battousai takes 1.7 without channeling gears. So pretending NSW is first, with an 8 second C/D, and cool down begins immediately after channeling, we have .8 seconds cast plus the following:

Battousai: 1.7s
    cleave: 1s
    parchedblade: 1s
    soulsever: 1s

for a total of 7.5 seconds before the next NSW channel begins, which is less than 8 seconds obviously. I'm surprised it works for you. But in that case, you should be able to take out one of the stances and open your macro with a Cleave first, since they both apparently take up the same amount of time. This way it would get more damage in.

Interesting about sage gemini slash not getting interrupted. interrupts are the bane of my existence with that skill.

I tried using Cleave first and it ended up stopping my combo after a while. I don't know if it's simply the way it works with the 3 stances but it seemed to reach Cleave faster than it reached NSW. If you've got sage Strike, feel free to test it for yourself. It might be lagspike assisted, who knows. I can't say I have a lot of combo creativity so that was the first idea to come to my head xD.

And yeah, sage gemini doesn't get interrupted for me.
  • ZadkieI - Lost City
    ZadkieI - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    1 your magic attacks are going to based off STR so dont put magic, you'll notice the class take off once you start being able to get lvl 10 skills until then it was slow for myself, until you get NV 3 armor id say use some vit after that go pure str as for stances pve wise go for using them pvp wise the only stance worth a damn imo is Duelist Glee since it has the lowest chance to stop your metal debuff and freeze from not procing and also it removes their weapon, so really that will save you in pvp a ton more, the other stances are basically useless on casters due to purify spell youre better off debuffing with genie and Sac slash using soulsev on a bm then switching to Glee is ok as well but really the will most likely just use faith if you want i'll get into more detail let me know
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    1 your magic attacks are going to based off STR so dont put magic, you'll notice the class take off once you start being able to get lvl 10 skills until then it was slow for myself, until you get NV 3 armor id say use some vit after that go pure str as for stances pve wise go for using them pvp wise the only stance worth a damn imo is Duelist Glee since it has the lowest chance to stop your metal debuff and freeze from not procing and also it removes their weapon, so really that will save you in pvp a ton more, the other stances are basically useless on casters due to purify spell youre better off debuffing with genie and Sac slash using soulsev on a bm then switching to Glee is ok as well but really the will most likely just use faith if you want i'll get into more detail let me know

First of all, punctuation.

Secondly, I doubt you understand how to properly use stances in PvP from what your post implies. Sticking to glee and only glee is meaningless seeing as during a fight with a skilled BM for example, you're going to have more trouble with their locking combos than you will have with their damage. Can't arme nier while stunned can you? Let's say you manage to land it on them, but wait, BM's can still stun without a weapon.

While I enjoy chaining things the most and making use of Heartseeker's freeze, I would not simply throw away the possibilities stances bring along just for the fact that Heartseeker won't work. And besides you should know not to rely on Heartseeker proc'ing when you have Soulsever on. Do that with NSW or Parchedblade and it won't even matter.

Honestly, let people choose their own playstyle. I'm annoyed by all the people that throw away stances in PvP right away just because they suck at using them. Don't make everyone else do this, please. Try practicing using multiple stances at the same time in PvP, I doubt you're going to brag about how easy that is :).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    First of all, punctuation.

Secondly, I doubt you understand how to properly use stances in PvP from what your post implies. Sticking to glee and only glee is meaningless seeing as during a fight with a skilled BM for example, you're going to have more trouble with their locking combos than you will have with their damage. Can't arme nier while stunned can you? Let's say you manage to land it on them, but wait, BM's can still stun without a weapon.

While I enjoy chaining things the most and making use of Heartseeker's freeze, I would not simply throw away the possibilities stances bring along just for the fact that Heartseeker won't work. And besides you should know not to rely on Heartseeker proc'ing when you have Soulsever on. Do that with NSW or Parchedblade and it won't even matter.

Honestly, let people choose their own playstyle. I'm annoyed by all the people that throw away stances in PvP right away just because they suck at using them. Don't make everyone else do this, please. Try practicing using multiple stances at the same time in PvP, I doubt you're going to brag about how easy that is :).
    Agreed, it's not easy, but if you take the time to learn it and practice, you can really become a force to be reckoned with.

Also, I don't know what ZadkieI is talking about with it being slow before skills are level 10. Although truly, if you're trying to do PvP without maxed skills and decent gear, you're failing before you start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Seeker is a late blooming class. You will not see its true strength until you're close to at least 90. 1-60 is a steep climb, think of it as a test, if you get past that, you are ready to be a full time seeker.
  • XCapoera - Morai
    XCapoera - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ty guys for the response.

My seeker just hit 60, gemini slash has been awesome the last 11 levels! b:pleased
    Knowing a sin hits harder thanks to my def lvl debuff feels great aswell.

I once read a topic about the levels between 60-75 about mp usage. Will chi poultice of death work good enough until 75?

Should I now start getting TT gear or hunt the auctioneer for molds? I'm not sure if the gear progression in that seeker guide is accurate after the day they came out.

All in all I really enjoy playing a seeker. Can't wait to get vortex after culti! b:victory
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Start getting TT gear. TT90 will hold you over til you get R8.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Each of the classes are kind of underpowered at 1-30...The seeker gets a big boost from adrenal numbness though

My suggestion: stat more vitality then normal until you reach adrenal or have a pots on standby to heal

And if you really wanna stand up to mobs without vitality (and appearently make ppl jelly), go part arcane armor b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]