All East Coast Servers: Server Network Error

Comments

• Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dont worry ppl, they will compensate us with an original chip sale to raise the gold price until infinite

lol this or extended x2 drops/exp/spirit like they always do to keep us quiet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    ahlianeve wrote: »
    You are correct about some of the info above. But I believe it is not the patch problem from Wanmei. And PWE do not follow Wanmei patch completely, some of the patch were skipped. And correction, Wanmei do not control or handle PWE server, only in-charge of update patches. PWE have their own staffs to do it. I think it is the restart, and the server support end that is having connecting problems, IP settings and filtering. b:chuckle Joke of the day : Maybe server rack got a mouse ran in and chew on the wires b:shutup
    Last time I spoke to someone about changes to data on the server, I was told that PWE developers are not allowed to touch it. All data changes and information is managed by Wanmei.

Since that information came from a GM that I have had a lot of conversations and history with, I tend to believe him.

The information about the data they get about what changes are made in patches I got from either frankieraye, Genotypist, or Kantorek, can't recall which offhand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Nope more changes that we are not informed about?
    I think it's been a few months since the last change, but it basically says you don't have any rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissMario - Raging Tide
    MissMario - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hey you hater, be quiet, if u don't like PWi's managment, THEN QUIt
    nobody forces you to stay in
    learn to live with what u have and not with what u want!
    ulq is not a hater, he has a very good and valid point.
    You however needs to be silent.
  • Killerdrizzt - Dreamweaver
    Killerdrizzt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sever network error fix fix FIX PLZ PLZ PLZ never really had prob tell now
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013

You be quiet...he is upset for good reason..go play with your barbie dolls or something!
    edited November 2013
    So we are waiting for a fix or what ?

East coast servers are down or is this a client side error ?
    We're still waiting for people to get into the office and notice there's an issue.
    It's on the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • motrhsfgsfdsf
    motrhsfgsfdsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dont worry ppl, they will compensate us with an original chip sale to raise the gold price until infinite

b:laugh same **** they do all the time just give us 2x so we let them f us again next time for their incompetence
  • SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thats why i dont spend my money on this fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We're still waiting for people to get into the office and notice there's an issue.
    It's on the server.

Heh =/

Just when i started thinking this is a "random Russian dude" thread hehe.

Oh well i guess its gona be some time so ima go back to playing something else :)
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013

We stay because the game is great. We complain because the management is terrible. Is your tiny brain capable of wrapping around that?

Said no successful business ever. In case you don't get the irony, PWE is a business. And businesses have to please their customers or they lose their customers. And without customers, they get no money, and have to shut down. And we're their customers.

Did I make that simple enough for you to understand? f:sweat
  • tracyrandle
    tracyrandle Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's on the server.

yah I just tried to call on the phone and no answer, if they are in the office they are on an extended coffee break lol

and I guess it is all East Coast servers not just in PWI but all PWE
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think it's been a few months since the last change, but it basically says you don't have any rights.

That i think is something a vast majority of the player base is already aware of, sadly.

Yet people still dip into their pockets. Now im not saying people cant spend the money as they choose, ofc they can.

But we as a player base have more power than we realise, we are not happy with so many aspects of this game we all love. So hit them where it hurts. No cash for 1 weekend and see what happens.

Ofcouse that will never happen cuz we are all addict's. Yes that includes you b:laugh
  • BabyEVE - Raging Tide
    BabyEVE - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Last time I spoke to someone about changes to data on the server, I was told that PWE developers are not allowed to touch it. All data changes and information is managed by Wanmei.

Since that information came from a GM that I have had a lot of conversations and history with, I tend to believe him.

The information about the data they get about what changes are made in patches I got from either frankieraye, Genotypist, or Kantorek, can't recall which offhand.

But my character in Wanmei is fine. patches are done as well. maybe your source of information is wrong. I am from Wanmei (English server PW2, long ago was named Oracle/Utopia). And what they have there, over here do not have it. its from the old patches. Example : Veno in Pw2 wanmei can change tail colour same as the hair colour. Over here, cannot be done.
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ded Geim
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But my character in Wanmei is fine. patches are done as well. maybe your source of information is wrong. I am from Wanmei (English server PW2, long ago was named Oracle/Utopia). And what they have there, over here do not have it. its from the old patches. Example : Veno in Pw2 wanmei can change tail colour same as the hair colour. Over here, cannot be done.

Oracle/Delphi/Utopia were the Malaysian-English servers, not CN. They've been shut down for a very long time at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2013
    yah I just tried to call on the phone and no answer, if they are in the office they are on an extended coffee break lol

and I guess it is all East Coast servers not just in PWI but all PWE
    East coast servers are managed by west coast peoples. IIRC they start work in about 15 min or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BabyEVE - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Oracle/Delphi/Utopia were the Malaysian-English servers, not CN. They've been shut down for a very long time at this point.

Nope. They are migrated to PW-CN. Its PW2. You can check it out at Garena :)
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omg omg guys i think this is a conspiracy: http://i.imgur.com/p9T0MPi.png b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2013

That's not CN though? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• ColdEP - Harshlands
    ColdEP - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    .-. Yep.

b:surrender

Haaai jaef:hush
    edited November 2013

Wanmei files are not the same as our files.

There are a lot of things that get implemented there that either haven't made it to our version yet, or have been left out entirely.
    Consider some of the maps. In Wanmei, there is no hyper in FCC, and PvP is open on the Secret Passage map. Most of it's just the change of a few bits, or a sting in a line of code.
    Since they essentially keep our version separate from Wanmei's, it's pretty easy for the dev's to **** up and mis-release some code, or send the wrong data file.

In this case, it would appear that not all the services were restarted properly, which is more likely just an oversight when they brought the servers back up, but it could also be from a more serious communication issue between the servers that support the server.

The usual process is that Wanmei makes changes/expansion. Then it gets translated into our versions. (English, French, German) Then it's tested on some beta servers. (Usually not very well) Later it's sent to our dev's for testing on our beta servers. (Again, obviously not very well, and this doesn't always happen.) Then the code is finalized and we have maintenance, Wanmei sends the patched data to our servers, our guys restart everything and reconnect it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013

wow just noticed that garena has pw version, is that an official one or private? is it new? what region they include.. did u play there? is it more populated than this one?
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is any thing getting done about this still cant log in getting server error
    edited November 2013
    That's not CN though? lol.
    Yes, PW2 is PW-CN, which is generally the source of our data files.

PW1 is the Pay-to-Play version. They're a bit farther behind on updates, but they have the housing system too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is a good time to try another game out.. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BabyEVE - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Wanmei files are same ini. Cos i copy over :) and made my toon. PW2 is PW-CN English server. Originate from old PW-MY server. Cos i am there for migration to PW2. The game hosting company is Garena (China)
  • DeathHug - Harshlands
    DeathHug - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pleas PWI fix this fast -.-b:angryb:angry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Yes, PW2 is PW-CN, which is generally the source of our data files.

PW1 is the Pay-to-Play version. They're a bit farther behind on updates, but they have the housing system too.

Oi. I think I'm missing something here. That Garena server is for Malaysia/Singapore/etc. It's not the actual CN servers though it essentially gets what CN gets unlike us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Yuyi - Harshlands
    Yuyi - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Haaai jaef:hush

Oh hai ;P You're missing our plans in FB for later TM and HDD runs while you're afk ;D b:bye