Should i chose Mystic or Cleric?

Zenkiama - Archosaur
Zenkiama - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
The title says it all I narrowed it down to these 2 and I wanna know if mystics are as bad as I hear and read about or is the cleric really that much better in dd and healing
Post edited by Zenkiama - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you want to DD -> mystic.
    If you want to heal -> cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cleric better than Mystic when talking about DD, really ?

And regarding heals I would say that a mystic can heal faster and more efficiently than a cleric. But he won't be able to make any BB, and won't be able to increase your phy/mag def or stuff like that. But for someone that already has cleric's buffs and in situation where BB is not that useful, then having a mystic healer might not be worse than having a cleric healer.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you want to DD -> mystic.
    If you want to heal -> cleric.

^ This 100% agreed.

(Though just too add this tidbit that you might find useful, both can do both rather decently especially if the person behind the character is knowledgeable.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The title says it all I narrowed it down to these 2 and I wanna know if mystics are as bad as I hear and read about or is the cleric really that much better in dd and healing

Mystics are not as bad as you hear, people playing them are bad, but it's the same with clerics, every class have bad players.

If you want to be able to DD than forget cleric, clerics are expected to heal at 99% of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    depends, if you want a fail toon go cleric, 99% of clerics are fail. if you want to be able to farm lets say 10 mill in 3 hours when you are mid 90 then roll mystic, if you like DD then go mystic if you want to heal go cleric how ever i will say this, lvl 75-100 for fc my squads never needed a cleric, and when there was a cleric i did the healing, i could heal for more, faster and still do some DD on the side. clerics in fc are only good for buffs other than that they are useless, now at 100 things like ws a cleric is a must.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    depends, if you want a fail toon go cleric, 99% of clerics are fail. if you want to be able to farm lets say 10 mill in 3 hours when you are mid 90 then roll mystic, if you like DD then go mystic if you want to heal go cleric how ever i will say this, lvl 75-100 for fc my squads never needed a cleric, and when there was a cleric i did the healing, i could heal for more, faster and still do some DD on the side. clerics in fc are only good for buffs other than that they are useless, now at 100 things like ws a cleric is a must.

lol so much look down on cleric. cleric also can farm as long as u know how to play. to the OP, maybe u can try both class and choose which one u like.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The reason why a mystic outheals in raw numbers is because its heals are just so ****ing fast.

Clerics, on the other hand, has its buffs, which are essential, and BB, which cuts dmg received by 50%, which is huge because the majority of the time healing is needed for 1. zhen instances where the average geared player needs the 50% reduction to survive the number of mobs or 2. at bosses where the 50% reduction complements the 7K/sec heal from 5aps + bp.

Clerics can stack ironhearts and buff with Guardian Light for pullers. Mystics can give salvation shield + falling petals. Mystic gives a (at 100+, AoE) res buff to res when you die, without cleric revive. Invigorate is a mystic buff that gives 20% skill damage to mobs.

And clerics have VD/UVD; gtfo about them not being able to DD; clerics can DD like beasts in VD mode lol.

And then there's the infamous SOG-->sleep 45 second cleric "stunlock" + heal absorption b:shocked

Clerics are absolutely brainless to play in most pve. Have a triple holy path genie to catch up with barb and just BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB buff BB BB BB BB; you need TT90 armor + some cheap -chan ornaments to look like the average fail cleric at 100+. You get extra preferential treatment in squads (I meet clerics that have played for years and never stepped outside of duo fire with barb, the biggest reason why I look down on the cleric population), usually are undergeared as hell and if they're not OP pro TW clerics from a major faction, they're usually oneshots in pvp.

But that doesn't mean you have to play like that ofc.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • MysticalFart - Morai
    MysticalFart - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that i soloed Farng with my mystic,i let my demon pet tank and putted 1 DD plant he didn't even attacked me,died fast,impresive
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Love how in these kinda threads everyone abandons the OP and thread degenerates to a pissing match between advocates of the two classes.

You know theres a massive hidden mistrust and dislike between clerics and mystics, just waiting to explode.

Please, continue.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think both are pretty good at both DDing and healing but in different ways and different situations.

Overall though, Cleric will be much more heal/buff/support oriented in squads whereas a Mystic can focus more on debuffs/DD because Clerics were the "original" healer class and thus are the ones expected to do the healing job. There are also some situations where a Mystic simply cannot compete such as when damage reduction is needed or a reliable purify is necessary, things that Mystics naturally lack.

The best is to do what's most efficient in squad but overall, as a Cleric you'll be taken for the heals/buffs and rarely be considered a DD. Mystics often take the DD place in squads and there are a lot of people who don't trust Mystics solo-healing.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited November 2013

And clerics have VD/UVD; gtfo about them not being able to DD; clerics can DD like beasts in VD mode lol.

Clerics can DD, it's just not what people want from a cleric.

People don't give a **** if the cleric is the best DD or not in a squad, they take cleric to keep them alive.
    that i soloed Farng with my mystic,i let my demon pet tank and putted 1 DD plant he didn't even attacked me,died fast,impresive

Every class can solo Farng just saying. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alright so when mystics were designed they were never designed to take the roll of a primary healer in a squad from the cleric. They were meant as a back up healer, like when BB gets knocked down or the cleric dies, temp situations to help the squad pull through. This is evident by their heal skills. I always hated when my mystic was asked to solo heal for an FF squad cuz it takes away from a mystic's potential to help the squad DD. They have 2 healing plants the rest of the plants either debuff or damage. Their pets get stats from the mystic itself making it so if the mystic is better geared, the pet is better and they do more damage. And even if the mystic can solo heal a squad, it doesn't become effective at that role until they hit 90. Cleric's in my eyes will always be the primary healer, especially because I know a lot of mystic mains and they hate having to heal as the primary role in a squad. So I'd take that into your decision if you want to heal as a priority or be able to heal when necessary and DD. Clerics only get to choose one, cuz in VD/UVD they can't heal.
    edited November 2013
    Alright so when mystics were designed they were never designed to take the roll of a primary healer in a squad from the cleric.

To be honnest, I'm not sure anyone really know for what mystic was designed for, for support of course, but support healer/DD.

People did noticed that mystics had the capacities and skills to be main healers and due to the lack of clerics at some low lvl people ask mystics if they can't find clerics.
    They were meant as a back up healer, like when BB gets knocked down or the cleric dies, temp situations to help the squad pull through. This is evident by their heal skills. I always hated when my mystic was asked to solo heal for an FF squad cuz it takes away from a mystic's potential to help the squad DD. They have 2 healing plants the rest of the plants either debuff or damage.

If you don't like to be main healer on mystic don't do it, but just inform your squad, it might give you less opportunities of squad, but you are not obligated to do something you don't like.
    Their pets get stats from the mystic itself making it so if the mystic is better geared, the pet is better and they do more damage. And even if the mystic can solo heal a squad, it doesn't become effective at that role until they hit 90. Cleric's in my eyes will always be the primary healer, especially because I know a lot of mystic mains and they hate having to heal as the primary role in a squad. So I'd take that into your decision if you want to heal as a priority or be able to heal when necessary and DD. Clerics only get to choose one, cuz in VD/UVD they can't heal.

As I said if a mystic don't like to be main healer than it's his choice, I don't like to be main healer so I don't do it. If the squad just need a main healer than to bad I won't go, I'll wait a other squad or just make a squad myself.

But for low lvl and in FC, I would say even if a mystic don't like that they should try to do a few run as main healer to at least get that healing experience, which can be useful later on to avoid squad wipe if the cleric suck or if something turn bad in a run of something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It really comes down to your playstyle and what you want to be doing. Both cleric and mystic can DD effectively and both are excellent healers. A mystic in most situations is arguably a better healer than a cleric, if you want to be a lazy healer then I would suggest go down the cleric road. If you are looking to get into squads, clerics are still wanted more than mystics.

People have the mind set that BB is always needed when it is not, I much prefer to IH the tank, provide emergency heals to others if needed and contribute more to the squad with debuffs and the odd attack thrown in. Mystics will do a similar thing but will likely provide more benefit to the squad overall with invigorate + pet damage and their own.

In short most clerics are not great because they tend to not gear themselves up and leech off squads, add in that they are lazy and will BB all the time. Mystics are an underestimated class largely because most people don't know how to play them effectively. I personally dislike mystics who do not accept that they can be a main healer from time to time.

End of the day it is the OPs choice, I would suggest to give both a go and find out which you like best yourself.
  • bellecat2
    bellecat2 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have a 103 mystic I decided to make it Ha its full G16 I can take a hit more so then a cleric so I can heal and do a outstanding job.

When I ask of a party in WC I always ask for any class I not care if a cleric barb bm sin and so on lol join my party for any BH .I know I can be more then a DD /cleric/tank what ever my heart likes or as need for squad.

Don't bet me wrong all class I have seen have there role in the game and all have ups and downs.

But for me HA mystic is my path well not change. b:bye
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It just depends on what you like doing. If you like the healing aspect and the DD aspect then go for a mystic. If you're strictly healing you'd be better of going with a cleric. I personally like playing mystic over cleric. We get a bad rep, we're really not as bad as everyone makes us out to be. I've had many people ask for me over a cleric. It just depends on whose behind the mystic and if they take it seriously or not.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Until your mystic is over lvl89 you don't have 'purify' (a skill for removing negative statuses from players). Your AOE heal is too slow to be useful and your ress skill has a 30s cooldown. If two people die from an aoeing boss, your squad is in trouble. Forget the healing plants for most situations - bosses will aoe and kill them. The best use for them is to help keep a cleric alive.

You don't have BB as mentioned.

I have a lvl89 mystic and I do like it. I can solo TT and act as support or an effective DD. Mystics are the second-best pullers of bosses (after venos). They lack decent AOEs and don't hit hard compared to other magic classes but do cast fast. They are one of the easier classes to play in the low to mid levels.

IMO, Mystics are more versatile than Clerics and better DD until the high-levels. They are quite complex to play but can be ok without spending lots on gear.
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have a lvl 92 Mystic, and I love it. I haven't played a cleric before so I can't give any feedbakc on that class.

As a mystic, I don't mind healing, but I prefer to DD and heal when necessary (usually when there is a fail cleric in the squad, or not one at all). Some people complain that Mystics are OP, but I don't agree. I think the "OP" mystics are just players who know the ins and outs of this class and play them very well! We can two-shot most mobs and even players if geared properly, our casting is so fast that -chan equipment isn't really a necessity (some skills won't cool down quick enough to them in succession if you're buffed with -chan gear! b:sweat), each of our summons have very useful skills, especially at higher levels, but they can't truly tank like a veno's pets can.

A mystic has to know how to multi-task, and well. One thing I love about this class is the ability to switch rolls at the drop of a hat. We can pull, we can hit, and we can heal at a moment's notice. It's a demanding job at time. :-P

I like to think of us as the hybrid of a veno, a cleric, and a wizard. A little DD, and little debuff, and a little heal. I don't think we take the place of any of those above mentioned classes, but we're pretty awesome in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]