DPH Assassin Guide?

Options
DionDagger - Dreamweaver
DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Assassin
Isn't it about time the sin forums had a real one, or is 90% of us still wearing aps gear in PvP?
Post edited by DionDagger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    or is 90% of us still wearing aps gear in PvP?

This.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Isn't it about time the sin forums had a real one, or is 90% of us still wearing aps gear in PvP?

No need for a guide, R8R,R9S3 or G16 or combination of all
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think they meant a guide detailing PvP strategy when using a DPH build, not a gear guide...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh you need a guide, here you go:

Gears: Full G16 or R9R3 (Your aps will be horrible and bad for pve, sadly).

Now i'm writing this considering you're a full r9r3 +5 person (a mild DPH sin).

When fighting as DPH sin, you'll want to be always wearing Chill of the Deep (preferably sage version).

Your hardest hitting skills are:
    Head Hunt, Throatcut, Slipstream Strike, Rib Strike, Earthen Rift

Your fastest hitting skills are:
    Twin Strike, Spell Cutter, Condensed Thorn, Deep Sting, Toxic Torrent*, Power Dash and Subsea Strike.

Your stun lock consists on:
    Head Hunt: Stuns.
    Shadow Teleport: Stuns.
    Deep Sting: Sleeps.
    Throatcut: Seals
    Tackling Slash: Taclkes (duh).
    Try not to use stun on an already stunned target >_>, use Inner Harmony and Rising Dragon Strike to keep your sparks up and running. The tip is to use whenever is available on the time and you have chi to use, if you're running low on chi, try to use rising dragon strike during the time your target is sealed or stunned, or inner harmony while its slept. I often do this:

Shadow Teleport, Tackling Slash, Throatcut, Power Dash*, Head Hunt, Condensed Thorn, Rising Dragon Strike, Throatcut, Slipstream Strike, Earthen Rift, Deep Sting (wait 5s), Throatcut (YES AGAIN! :>), Slipstream Strike, Earthen Rift.

* = to Powerdash Inner Harmony and Head Hunt you need to have a 'PERFECT' internet connection, as the timings are tight.
    Another tip is that you can throatcut -> 5s control skill -> throatcut again -> 5s control skill and so on.

Now for some strategies.
    - Against Wizards, Archers, Clerics, Mystics and Psys you may use Spell Cutter to cut their ongoing spell as well as giving you a little 'unstunned' time to land a Head Hunt over their 'slow casting' spell. But you gotta train like a LOT to make this strategy work. You can always use Spell Cutter to avoid being slept by the cleric and gaining time to land a Deep Sting or something.
    - If you're alone with your target, take advantage on the 5s sleep to buff Tidal Protection/Focused Mind and Mo Zun Taunt/Master Li Technique.
    - Remember to wear your ****ing buffs.
    - Use your stealth wisely.
    - If you got Shadow Escape on cooldown and need some breath, use Share the Stealth and Holy Path to run a far distance in 5s while remaining safely untargetable. (Unless you're fighting other sin >_>" Remember: Anti-stealth potion takes a little while to activate.
    - It's always useful to use Tangling Mire on PvP if you have a high Str genie. Wearing DPH gears, chill of the deep and reducing enemy(ies) defense by over 35% may lead you into a massive increase on your damage.
    - Archers can blink twice, so make sure to have both shadow jump and teleport available before going into them, or you may get escaped twice then tackled/stunned and you'll be in serious disadvantage. Force the archers down with tackling slash so most of their skills will hit for just half damage, use your spell cutter along with stun locks to keep their attacks on low rate.
    - Don't ever use auto attack. Every new thing in this game makes auto-attacking disadvantageous. >_>" Bramble hood for example, wizards teleportation skill and so on.
    - Remember to use Rib Strike on fist bms and sins, sins and bms can be annoying with their stun locks so you are probably willing to use Tidal Protection AND/OR maze steps (sage Maze steps lasts for 12s, demon version gives you uncanny evasion, both are awesome). Now, if they're aps geared you're likely to kill them pretty fast so you may not bother getting stunned (Unless you're outnumbered).

Another basic thing I shall not forget:
    During the cast of 1 skill, you can click another skill to add it to the Queue, the skill you clicked during the cast of the previous skill will automatically be cast right after the first skill is done casting.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You can just pm me on my main server if you have any questions or need some instruction.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wall of text....

Dude, my r9.3 is +7 and my dags are +10 >.>. Have you even looked at my gear?b:angry And you are telling me things I already know. I speaking in a general sense for anyone that wants to learn the DPH style. It's been about 4 years mate.

Also Tsy, what server do you play on? I've only fought you on "you know where".
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    tsys guide covers all this aspect
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh you need a guide, here you go:

Gears: Full G16 or R9R3 (Your aps will be horrible and bad for pve, sadly).

Now i'm writing this considering you're a full r9r3 +5 person (a mild DPH sin).

When fighting as DPH sin, you'll want to be always wearing Chill of the Deep (preferably sage version).

Your hardest hitting skills are:
    Head Hunt, Throatcut, Slipstream Strike, Rib Strike, Earthen Rift

Your fastest hitting skills are:
    Twin Strike, Spell Cutter, Condensed Thorn, Deep Sting, Toxic Torrent*, Power Dash and Subsea Strike.

Your stun lock consists on:
    Head Hunt: Stuns.
    Shadow Teleport: Stuns.
    Deep Sting: Sleeps.
    Throatcut: Seals
    Tackling Slash: Taclkes (duh).
    Try not to use stun on an already stunned target >_>, use Inner Harmony and Rising Dragon Strike to keep your sparks up and running. The tip is to use whenever is available on the time and you have chi to use, if you're running low on chi, try to use rising dragon strike during the time your target is sealed or stunned, or inner harmony while its slept. I often do this:

Shadow Teleport, Tackling Slash, Throatcut, Power Dash*, Head Hunt, Condensed Thorn, Rising Dragon Strike, Throatcut, Slipstream Strike, Earthen Rift, Deep Sting (wait 5s), Throatcut (YES AGAIN! :>), Slipstream Strike, Earthen Rift.

* = to Powerdash Inner Harmony and Head Hunt you need to have a 'PERFECT' internet connection, as the timings are tight.
    Another tip is that you can throatcut -> 5s control skill -> throatcut again -> 5s control skill and so on.

Now for some strategies.
    - Against Wizards, Archers, Clerics, Mystics and Psys you may use Spell Cutter to cut their ongoing spell as well as giving you a little 'unstunned' time to land a Head Hunt over their 'slow casting' spell. But you gotta train like a LOT to make this strategy work. You can always use Spell Cutter to avoid being slept by the cleric and gaining time to land a Deep Sting or something.
    - If you're alone with your target, take advantage on the 5s sleep to buff Tidal Protection/Focused Mind and Mo Zun Taunt/Master Li Technique.
    - Remember to wear your ****ing buffs.
    - Use your stealth wisely.
    - If you got Shadow Escape on cooldown and need some breath, use Share the Stealth and Holy Path to run a far distance in 5s while remaining safely untargetable. (Unless you're fighting other sin >_>" Remember: Anti-stealth potion takes a little while to activate.
    - It's always useful to use Tangling Mire on PvP if you have a high Str genie. Wearing DPH gears, chill of the deep and reducing enemy(ies) defense by over 35% may lead you into a massive increase on your damage.
    - Archers can blink twice, so make sure to have both shadow jump and teleport available before going into them, or you may get escaped twice then tackled/stunned and you'll be in serious disadvantage. Force the archers down with tackling slash so most of their skills will hit for just half damage, use your spell cutter along with stun locks to keep their attacks on low rate.
    - Don't ever use auto attack. Every new thing in this game makes auto-attacking disadvantageous. >_>" Bramble hood for example, wizards teleportation skill and so on.
    - Remember to use Rib Strike on fist bms and sins, sins and bms can be annoying with their stun locks so you are probably willing to use Tidal Protection AND/OR maze steps (sage Maze steps lasts for 12s, demon version gives you uncanny evasion, both are awesome). Now, if they're aps geared you're likely to kill them pretty fast so you may not bother getting stunned (Unless you're outnumbered).

Another basic thing I shall not forget:
    During the cast of 1 skill, you can click another skill to add it to the Queue, the skill you clicked during the cast of the previous skill will automatically be cast right after the first skill is done casting.

nice one :) others may say that this is lots of text but it contains preety usefull informations. let me add few things:
    1.As an assasin u should know ur lvl DOES matter in pvp :)
    2. not only spell cutter is able to interupt skills (check knife throw, throutcut)
    3. throutcut might be nice idea after purify spell proc and mage got antistun on

hope that helped a little b:chuckle
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    nice one :) others may say that this is lots of text but it contains preety usefull informations. let me add few things:
    I don't want to be that guy that's annoying but i'm going to be it anyway...
    The level matters for each and every class in PvP, not just assassins
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    2. not only spell cutter is able to interupt skills (check knife throw, throutcut)
    3. throutcut might be nice idea after purify spell proc and mage got antistun on

hope that helped a little b:chuckle

b:chuckleI know this already as well. In fact I use those techniques often. That still doesn't explain why there stil isn't a guide to the DPH style. But forget it, as usual people assume I need tips like I don't know anything. I was asking about a guide, I never said I needed to know the basics of DPH techiques, or sin PvP techniques. In the end, I might end up having to make one myself.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Funny thing is... People tease aps sins for being easy mode, but just about all my skill spam is done in macro. You can even macro in the number of hits in between skills to keep your stunlock perfectly timed, much easier than relying on instinct/practice. So for me, dph and macro spam is much less thinking/work than apsing and trying to time my skills in between my aps.

The point of this post is macro combos in pk actually work pretty well. Just be prepared to esc and cancel them if your gameplan changes.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Funny thing is... People tease aps sins for being easy mode, but just about all my skill spam is done in macro. You can even macro in the number of hits in between skills to keep your stunlock perfectly timed, much easier than relying on instinct/practice. So for me, dph and macro spam is much less thinking/work than apsing and trying to time my skills in between my aps.

The point of this post is macro combos in pk actually work pretty well. Just be prepared to esc and cancel them if your gameplan changes.

The caveat to this, of course, is that your opponent may catch onto the fact that you are using certain macros, and that can make you too predictable. If I were fighting somebody who did the same combination of skills more than 2-3 times, I'd probably pick up on the pattern and turn it against them (a well timed will surge can make *all* the difference fighting a bm). Personally I don't use macros that often. I believe the variability in my style is a strength. Even if occasionally I slip up slightly on a sleep/seal lock, you'll have much more difficulty in predicting my style if it isn't macro-perfect.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just ask Tsyren
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just ask Tsyren

He's too busy spouting GG with you on his main server b:bye
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    He's too busy spouting GG with you on his main server b:bye

That's why you gotta ask him personally!
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    His main server has very good PVE b:avoid
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just ask Tsyren

I did, he told me to pk more XD.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't want to be that guy that's annoying but i'm going to be it anyway...
    The level matters for each and every class in PvP, not just assassins

nw i'm not anoyed b:pleased and u are right, lvl matters for all the classes. What i think tho is that for sins it matters more than for all the classes cause of lvls(as probably most of us know, but am still seeing good geared 101 sins with no intention of lvling up)

I know this already as well. In fact I use those techniques often. That still doesn't explain why there stil isn't a guide to the DPH style. But forget it, as usual people assume I need tips like I don't know anything. I was asking about a guide, I never said I needed to know the basics of DPH techiques, or sin PvP techniques. In the end, I might end up having to make one myself.

well dph style mean skill spaming so the usage of ur sin skills(with cod on) from what i am assuming. So to anwser ur question: there might not be dph style guide yet because some of us lvl our toons the hard way and learned how to use their skills bck then(at least that's my opinion). If u wanna make guide tho then do it pls :) there is already 1 guide on this forum tho as ppl said earlier but 2 won't hurt b:chuckle
    edited November 2013
    Options
    nw i'm not anoyed b:pleased and u are right, lvl matters for all the classes. What i think tho is that for sins it matters more than for all the classes cause of lvls(as probably most of us know, but am still seeing good geared 101 sins with no intention of lvling up)

well dph style mean skill spaming so the usage of ur sin skills(with cod on) from what i am assuming. So to anwser ur question: there might not be dph style guide yet because some of us lvl our toons the hard way and learned how to use their skills bck then(at least that's my opinion). If u wanna make guide tho then do it pls :) there is already 1 guide on this forum tho as ppl said earlier but 2 won't hurt b:chuckle

I'm in no way saying Tsy's guide isn't good, but I do feel it's lacking something since it was created. Some techniques work better than others now, and there's a few more things that have made it harder to PvP as a sin. Maybe it's just me.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    things to remember: more small hits > a slow big hit unless you going for the oneshot

Toxic Current damage combines with the next hit

Sparking ftw
    Channels

edited November 2013
    Options
    things to remember: more small hits > a slow big hit unless you going for the oneshot

Toxic Current damage combines with the next hit

Sparking ftw

Yes the damage is delayedb:thanks. You can combine it with an instant cast skill to help charm bypass.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes the damage is delayedb:thanks. You can combine it with an instant cast skill to help charm bypass.

Can combo it with any skill with low enough ping
    Channels

edited November 2013
    Options
    Can combo it with any skill with low enough ping
    Noted. My lag is terrible sometimes at west.