My personal suggestions to 'save' the game.

Options
Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Suggestion Box
I'm a game enthusiast. I look around games and point out what I do like and what I don't.
I'll mention here what I like about Perfect World, What I don't and What I think could make this game better.
I like:
- Marriage system/Ability to Embrace.
- Wide character customization with wide fashion options and colors.
- Nice system with 'ability to learn all skills and having not to make a 'skill build''.
- The game system allows you to build gears between how fast you are and how strong/tough you are.
- Beautiful graphics (not the best there is, but still beautiful).
- Nice ambient sounds and tree motion.
- Some of the new boss designs are very interesting.
- Has easy, but complex gameplay, allowing players to build their own playstyle along with their class.

What I don't like:
- The nearly impossibility to farm anything. It takes nearly 3500 sold fcs to farm an r9 weapon with no refines and no recast, thats... x.x
- The insane dificulty to get from 100 to 105.
- The lack of funny/rewarding things to do in the game. Most dungeons are boring/unrewarding, which leads the game into few players playing and the few players most of them are afk/using PW as a 'skype'.
- How ridiculously overpowered R9R3 is compared to g16. Even with same refines/shards.
- Lack of more 'whole faction' Coop PvE activities, like the 9 trials which have been removed >_>

Now for the point.
A good game mixtures fun with reward. Along with pleasurable difficulty, which may be eased through the investment of real money.
The real money should serve to save like a month, two or an year of farm, in a game that actually gives you the ability to farm, so spending money in the game would be seen as a 'Investment' a way to make more in-game coins, which is truth, but on the background, its just an illusion >:)

Ill say how on the next post.
[S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sevchenko - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What I would do to save the game:
    - Reduce Leveling hardness form 100 to 105 and extend maximum lv to 110, oncoming expansion with new items could expand maximum level and new gears would be 'reforges' of the current eng-game gears requiring the new level cap, keeping refines and shards, pushing end-game users to keep up with the most recent endgame, without making them depressed of having to refine all over to get to the super endgame.
    - The new lv 110 'r9r4/g17' gears would be farmed inside an instance, this instance would be a good point to farm to sell to another players and make in-game coins, as well as giving free players the ability to 'work hard' to get the cashed in coins from other players, who would buy those items from farming players to make their gears.
    - Add 4 class specific genie skills for each class, aiming at the pvp-endgame balance, giving, for example stun/antistun to seekers, defense to sins and archers, damage to barbs and so on.
    - Make g16/r9r3 full set give a passive buff that will reduce auto-attack damage by 50% from attackers attacking at 2 or more Aps.
    - Make G16 Gears and weapons just a lil' bit stronger, so they can reach 80% of the r9r3 power when fully refined/sharded >_>"
    - Make celestial characters have 5% bonus to their hp/def/mdef/atk/matk (so the 'destiny of his truth talk' from all tahoists will make some more sense).
    - Give something for those who archieved maximum skills on their character.
    - Remove Nirvana Crystals from Token exchange, reduce nirvana and TT mobs/boss attack damage, keeping their HP/defenses (so lame geared people can also farm for their eng-game gears, even though they'll take long.) and make nirvana runs unlimited per day. (R9 users can farm nirvy faster and faster, or just buy crystals from players, like they always did.)

Misc suggestions that could (or not) make the game experience funnier:
    - Add a cultivation ahead of Celestial, allowing players to get the opposing effect of each skill. To do so, players would have to farm on a new instance for Trancendence Points, which would be traded into skill merges. (Would require opposing cultivation skillbook too). Ability to learn both Sage and Demon Spark and Sage and demon Chi skill. Notice: Would be HELL HARD to attain maximum cultivation and wouldnt depend on how high did you spend in the game (ofc, better geared people would farm faster).
    - Add an instance (Trauma Lair) with 7 bosses (the 7 Trauma Dragons). Maximum of 6 players in squad. Each of the 6 first bosses would give by quest a random number of Mysterious chips to each player (From 1 to 1666) Each boss drops from 1 to 6 wraith officer's badges. Each boss has a different 'secret' to kill. The last boss would have 5% chances of dropping a Medal of Glory (so squad leader would sell to a catshop by instance entry and split coins). Trauma Lair run lasts for about 30 minutes, requires Barb and Cleric to be done, bosses have draught ability which reduces 50% autoattack damage and they vary in elemental weakness.
    - Add one or more Challenge instances that will automatically detect squad's gear power and readjust monsters HP/def/mdef/atk/matk accordingly. This instance will reward with 1~2* orbs, depending on 'how strong' the team is. An average +5 squad would get at most 2 to 6 1* orbs per player per run, orbs would be given by a quest inside the instance. Also, finishing the quest requiring to kill the last boss has a tiny nearly "scroll of tome" chance to get +5* orbs or higher, depending on one's soulforce.
    - Add zerk/purify spell to G16 too. Still g16 will still not have the ammount of mag/str/dex r9r3 gives, the hp boost and the massive ammount of atk/def from R9R3. Reduce purify spell proc rate and make god of frenzy deal only 150% damage against players. Trust me, this would save PWI's pvp, even while keeping richies way stronger than poor people, since refines are hell hard to get. And would still be hell hard to get even from my dorb giving instance.
    - Add a reputation driven instance. This instance would adjust monsters strength to match squad strength. Reputation earned would depend on how fast was the instance done (Being that the instance always match player's strength, being slow or fast will always depend on how synchronized the squad works).
    - Make Assassin's bloodpaint affect casters too, giving them 0.5% bloodsuck for their spells (caster heals 50 hp for every 10k hit, 500k for every 100k hit, sounds rasonable), and converting 0.2% of their damage/healing dealt into mana (for a maximum of 80% of the casted spell mana cost. [10k = 20 mp back/100k=200mp back (sounds rasonable)])
    - Add activity award. Win something by running at least 2 to 3 instances every day for a week.
    - Add new R9R3/G16 options allowing player to choose between faster attacking/channeling, higher damage/crits or higher defense/hp.
    - Increase mobs coin drop slightly, decrease gear repair costs slightly. (Most games doesnt even require you to repair gears)
    - Make NPCs sell materials, setting a minimum and maximum price per material.
    - Make NPC pricing match the game economy.
    - Make NPCs able to resell items sold to them.
    - Make NPCs buy/resell items for more realistic prices (like 30m for a nirvy weapon, then reselling it to another player for 50m or something)
    - Add a 'buy bid' option to the auction house, buy bids that match a sell bid would automatically finish a negotiation.

This is it, I'll go thinking more things and I'll go adding here if I can ever think of something new. I know some of these suggestions would make many people upset, but wait. I'm upset with reincarnation too...
    My point is: Make the game playable and enjoyable. Make players fight for having things, give them the ability to spend a whole 2 years farming for r9r3 instead of 50. That would totally give the cashing players the ability to skip 2 years of hardwork by simply cashing in. More players would feel encouraged to cash in, once the game would actually have something to do.
    The present day, is the day where people cash in 5000 dollars to sit still in their ***** entire day long, pay NW and TW at the weekends and have no fun on most of the rest of the time. I just want this game to be enjoyable for all, cashers and free players.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    make the game better....have the mods, GM's and programmers blow my rooster....that works
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I dont really agree on most points.

It is well possible to farm end game gear. Many people do it. Just be smart, dont keep doing FC while you are already able to do much better things, merchant with your money and buy during sale.
    There simply is a difference between people who are very active and those who are only mildly active. If you make it easy enough to farm end game for mildly active players, then what is endgame for the very active ones ?

Same for leveling. Do some PV and it actually isnt that hard. 102 - 103 = 25 days of PV. I guess it double each level up so with the time to get 100 = 102 that would make about 200 PV days x 15 minutes or 50 hours.

I always like to compare it to my other great addiction: D2. I never got to level 100 in D2 like many people never make it to 105 here. I can assure you though that the road to 100 in D2 was a much longer one than the road to 105 here. And getting end game gear was way harder in D2 than in PWI. Until everything was **** and duped that is.

I hope i can mention D2 on forum since it is not a competing game but a museum piece :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I dont really agree on most points.

It is well possible to farm end game gear. Many people do it. Just be smart, dont keep doing FC while you are already able to do much better things, merchant with your money and buy during sale.
    There simply is a difference between people who are very active and those who are only mildly active. If you make it easy enough to farm end game for mildly active players, then what is endgame for the very active ones ?

Same for leveling. Do some PV and it actually isnt that hard. 102 - 103 = 25 days of PV. I guess it double each level up so with the time to get 100 = 102 that would make about 200 PV days x 15 minutes or 50 hours.

I always like to compare it to my other great addiction: D2. I never got to level 100 in D2 like many people never make it to 105 here. I can assure you though that the road to 100 in D2 was a much longer one than the road to 105 here. And getting end game gear was way harder in D2 than in PWI. Until everything was **** and duped that is.

I hope i can mention D2 on forum since it is not a competing game but a museum piece :)

Actually, there is solo fc to sell (worth 1m on DW, but the expenses are about 200k or something.), TT which is hell hard to sell because everyone, like EVERYONE is trying to sell their loads of unselling mats, and few few new players/alts are making new gears.
    Or warsong mold/rerolls... People doesn't trust enough to hand their gears, I don't like to ask people to rely on me even though I'm honest.

What else? Solo Lunar runs?
    Nah there's nothing really worth farming on PWI, that makes most people afk most of the time.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, how can pwi fix the game?...oh wait they can't lol so find a new one i guess
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, how can pwi fix the game?...oh wait they can't lol so find a new one i guess
    It takes a lot of hard work. Why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Rewas - Lost City
    Rewas - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    merchant with your money and buy during sale

Merchanting is a form of scaming. You are selling people things more expensively than you aquire them, thus making your wealth on nothing but a thin air, by exploiting something. It somehow resembles behaviour of a parasite, as you produce nothing in the end.

It's damn funny that it's encouraged in the game, as you can't do much to avoid it. It's like this company is breeding a**holes on purpose.

b:laugh
    ~ 78% of the nation's jail and prison inmates grew up in a fatherless household

Enjoy the decline. b:victory
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Merchanting is a form of scaming. You are selling people things more expensively than you aquire them, thus making your wealth on nothing but a thin air, by exploiting something. It somehow resembles behaviour of a parasite, as you produce nothing in the end.

b:laugh
    Congratulations, you just called every single store in the real world a scam.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i do like few points in your post, while I not really agree with others. Overall though, I think all of those changes aren't so significant atm. To be really honest I don't even want super extreme new stuff, new races, gears, skills and what not. New instances would be awesome, but they don't even have to do that either... It's enough if they rebuild the old, forgotten instances like Delta, Nirvana, Abaddon, Seat of torment etc and by "rebuild" I don't mean, make it all new and pretty like Aba or SoT... I mean give us some rewards that are actually worth farming. Spirits of Defense and Offense are great, but come on, u can still get free buffs most of the time if u ask a friend or fac mate for it, the new shards, exp items and what not are cool too but in my opinion not worth the effort... And the fact that you can only do it once a week. The new instance they came up with recently, its nice, challenging and all... everything that we asked for but the rewards suck too... Call me crazy but I really miss the times when we had to farm nirvana for weeks, 8 hrs a day during x2 drops for a single piece of gear. It gave me way more satisfaction than going to NW once and getting the same piece of gear within 2 hours now. We actually do have a lot of instances in game, even FBs themselves.. we have plenty or forgotten by everyone event instances like the Snake Island etc.. But because they became useless and not worth the effort, ppl forgot about them. Now we're left with Warsong, Lunar, TT, FC and AEU + Other instances for BH only, no wonder why people become bored of doing the same sht over and over again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Rewas - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Options

No, I said that:
    Merchanting is a form of scaming.

So...-removed-

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Buying things cheap to sell them at a higher price for profit is what exactly every store/shop does. It's no different than merchanting in-game. The concept is all around you.

This is what he meant when he said you just called all the stores a scam.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Myerna - Raging Tide
    Myerna - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    These are definitely some good thoughts; I love how you thought out in detail some ideas. It would assuredly by awesome to have some easier farming and so forth.
    I think the main issue is that adding farming dungeons has limited effectiveness, as those with better gear can clearly farm faster and easier. This would affect prices and feasibility for lower-geared farmers, as the highest gears would drive out their business. Perhaps there is an extent though to where this still might be workable...perhaps gear-separated versions of the dungeon?
    Overall though, I think there are definitely some good ideas here. Nevertheless, there is not likely a single gimmick or such that can singlehandedly "save the game"--the most effective thing I have found is actually just being hardworking and helpful/kind. Yeah, it's hard when so few people are really making an effort to bring vivacity back to the game, but I found that people still respect and love to be around honorable, helpful and kind people. It's more a matter of in-game culture than it is game mechanics, imho. b:cute
  • Rewas - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Buying things cheap to sell them at a higher price for profit is what exactly every store/shop does. It's no different than merchanting in-game. The concept is all around you.

This is what he meant when he said you just called all the stores a scam.

Hold your horses dear, lets stop it with "This is what he meant, when he said..." Just don't.

b:bye

I will quote myself again:
    Merchanting is a form of scaming.

It doesn't equate to:

It just doesn't.

-removed-

edited October 2013
    Options
    These are definitely some good thoughts; I love how you thought out in detail some ideas. It would assuredly by awesome to have some easier farming and so forth.
    I think the main issue is that adding farming dungeons has limited effectiveness, as those with better gear can clearly farm faster and easier. This would affect prices and feasibility for lower-geared farmers, as the highest gears would drive out their business. Perhaps there is an extent though to where this still might be workable...perhaps gear-separated versions of the dungeon?
    Overall though, I think there are definitely some good ideas here. Nevertheless, there is not likely a single gimmick or such that can singlehandedly "save the game"--the most effective thing I have found is actually just being hardworking and helpful/kind. Yeah, it's hard when so few people are really making an effort to bring vivacity back to the game, but I found that people still respect and love to be around honorable, helpful and kind people. It's more a matter of in-game culture than it is game mechanics, imho. b:cute
    The real money should serve to save like a month, two or an year of farm, in a game that actually gives you the ability to farm, so spending money in the game would be seen as a 'Investment' a way to make more in-game coins, which is truth, but on the background, its just an illusion >:)

As I said before, giving the ability to farm is an illusory way to make people think they can get things for free. They CAN, and as more as they farm more they will be able to farm, but there comes the real life cash into action and turns farming easier for who cashed in. In the end, both cashers and free players end up being able to farm very well, being that every of your in-game needs can be farmed in-game.
    Although, who cashes in should fairly be able to farm better (or buy items farmed by free players by selling their gold) This where the 'good balance' point is, both players can get fun either playing or paying to have stuff.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Actually, there is solo fc to sell (worth 1m on DW, but the expenses are about 200k or something.), TT which is hell hard to sell because everyone, like EVERYONE is trying to sell their loads of unselling mats, and few few new players/alts are making new gears.
    Or warsong mold/rerolls... People doesn't trust enough to hand their gears, I don't like to ask people to rely on me even though I'm honest.

What else? Solo Lunar runs?
    Nah there's nothing really worth farming on PWI, that makes most people afk most of the time.

FC on archo is 1m-1.2m now that gold is ~1.9m. If expenses exceed 100k, I really dont know what you are doing/you really arent that geared. I clear FC in ~23 mins, halls included to xp room, with selling the room and starting another with time required for it, 1 run in spam usually still takes bit under 30mins(barb buffs dont disappear). Then again I pull full halls w/o charm ticks, meaning I outgear instance pretty ridiculously.

TT market still exists on archo, things like Empires sighs/blazing wings are pretty much meh but rest of the mats have high enough demand they will be mostly gone before next 2x. Greens dont have any market true, outside of 2-3 ones (Antennas, F. Arms and Dusts of Devil), 2-2 Dusts of Stars are also great place to make profit. 3-1 has few greens you can make decent profit on.

As for re-rolling, you build up reputation. Thats the key point, build trusted reputation and keep in mind, in long run any scamming and harming reputation will cost you more than some piece of gear will gain. Is building rep easy? Not really hard but time consuming but its easily doable. Also farming TT during 2x drops and FW outside of it, you can simply craft N3 gear and sell them in your shop, combining both farming methods w/o need for reputation.

NW is also good coin, if you minimize expenses.

Ps. Not gonna waste my time with the wild troll.

Edit: Personally I am one of the richer players with in game coins on Archo (~2b in coins/gold atm) and I mostly farm, I only charge rarely of late, been debating if I feel like starting to charge monthly again now that my living expenses cut down a bit. I really dont need to but if company takes any steps towards more in game fun for me, I can see myself rewarding said action, not that I really expect it with this company.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Velentia - Dreamweaver
    Velentia - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think the only things I do not like about PWI is: One, the fact that you need a high level person to help you get most things done. Elite mobs, instances, etc... I think you should be able to get a few levels above the required level and be able to solo it yourself. Or for the most part anyway. I, myself, prefer questing alone. I know that this is a very social game, but most high level people only want to sit and spam world chat. They only help people do anything if it's an FB or BH. Or unless they get money or something else worth their while. Nobody seems to want to help just to be friendly. Or maybe my timing is terrible. Either way, I think there should be a major nerf on areas where there is a 'solo' option because a level 68 veno cannot solo TT that's set for solo level 60. I hate having to ask people for help because, as stated, they are either not interested unless there's something in it for them, or are too busy with world chat. I do not have the money to keep wasting on telecoustics just for people to NOT see my messages.

(This was just a random thought: Maybe a dungeon system can be implemented? Kind of like how Forsaken World is. I know, I know, that may may it too easy. However, to add some challenge to it, maybe.. have a sign up for it. If they aren't online, or for some other reason they can't make the sign up, the next person in the waiting line is eligible. Or something like that.)

The other thing I don't like about the game is the farming. The herbs and ores are fine, just time consuming. However, the drop rates for items is unbelievable. Actually, let me rephrase that: the drop rates are fine... as long as you are close to the mobs level. I do not think the drop rate should decrease the more your character levels. I hate the fact that I have to make more characters just to get materials I need. After I farm what I can, I have to wait for days to delete the characters so that I can farm more. Again, not everyone has 100k to spend on only 5 animal fur, or whatever material they may need.

I really love this game, I do. It was my first MMO. However, if someone were to ask me about it, I would tell them that I hope they don't like crafting because it's the most annoying crafting system I've ever encountered, and, unless you ask for help, you can get used to being stuck at certain levels for quite some time.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd like to see more plants to dig...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    After I farm what I can, I have to wait for days to delete the characters so that I can farm more. Again, not everyone has 100k to spend on only 5 animal fur, or whatever material they may need.

Why is that? If you don't want to level up, just burn off some XP by tossing it on a genie. Added bonus: You get a chance at a good genie, and your character can build up a ton of spirit, so you can level all the skills you want to use. All it takes is a few Mirages, which don't tend to cost a whole lot (11.2K on Morai, so less then 35K for a new, blank genie - something you should be able to make up for while farming by picking up some random items dropping).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.