Deity, Jades, or a blend?

Transcend - Lost City
Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Archer
Sharding is still a pipe dream for me, but I wanted to see what other archers would do if they had a choice. I was thinking about the viability of going either way, but going full deity would be pretty fun IMO. I know there's diminishing returns as your attack levels increase, but I also don't try to tank people so jades may be overkill for me. Maybe a 70/30 deity to jades blend would be most effective, what would you do?

This is assuming you have a +12 weapon and +10 armors b:victory
youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
Total Videos: 38
Subscribers: 1,775
Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Transcend - Lost City on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have +12 weapon, +10 armors, and Exclusive Citrines.

It is so hard to beat the feeling you get when you survive against 6 enemies b/c you have enough defenses to do so. If I had a choice, I'd go with Jades.

At the same token, I'm fairly bad at PvP, and mainly depend on superior gear to beat my opponents.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +11 or +12 your armors instead.

At +11 I'd considering sinking money into shards instead of refines but definitely not at +10.

That said, I think I'd prefer attack levels but I think defense levels are smarter. I would probably all-in one of the two instead of use both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally i switched my jades to deity. The dmg increase is more significant than the dmg increase on myself. I surely don't regret it. but for deity to work you need +12 orns and +11/12 armor. full +10 wont rly work with deity.

going from 128 to 168 attack lvls dmg increase on 90/100 defence lvls is about ~25%. 150+ = ~35%. and 40-60'ish around 15% or so. thats jsut roughly the numbers i notice. dmg increase on myself is about 15%, going from 81 to 51 def lvls.

I may die a bit faster, but in most cases i'd die with jades too.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally i switched my jades to deity. The dmg increase is more significant than the dmg increase on myself. I surely don't regret it. but for deity to work you need +12 orns and +11/12 armor. full +10 wont rly work with deity.

going from 128 to 168 attack lvls dmg increase on 90/100 defence lvls is about ~25%. 150+ = ~35%. and 40-60'ish around 15% or so. thats jsut roughly the numbers i notice. dmg increase on myself is about 15%, going from 81 to 51 def lvls.

Ha, awesome! Thanks for the info, I think full deity would fit my playing style quite well.

Good points on +11/12 armors and +12 orns. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me b:surrender
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good points on +11/12 armors and +12 orns. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me b:surrender

I know how you feel. I'm "just" using G14 cube neck and R8 ring, but I'm bored with farming for coin.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know how you feel. I'm "just" using G14 cube neck and R8 ring, but I'm bored with farming for coin.

I know the feeling. It just gets to the point where you don't want to do it anymore ;-;
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know the feeling. It just gets to the point where you don't want to do it anymore ;-;

Think a lot of us are in this boat atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm full +11 armors, +12 wep and I'm sharded dot/deity atm and planning on going full deity. I don't see much point in JoSD tbh mainly cus I TW mostly since PK is quite dead nowdays and less fun. Once you're purged JoSD or Deity makes almost no difference so I don't consider JoSD that big of a deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deity all the way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IIncomparable Citrines <3
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Alastar - Harshlands
    Alastar - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    G12 Turquoise clearly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ArmaniEx "our best wizz uses a r8+ 7 weap lol"
    Exceptional Resource
    Best Decoy
  • _omegis_ - Sanctuary
    _omegis_ - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deity is good if you TW, because you work with other people and just do your job and don't have to worry so much about taking prolonged focus fire. You have cover of numbers and even cleric support if you are good. Defense would be less of an issue if you have a quick reaction with the right genie skill.

Here is where the better Barrage is also significant.

However, if you do smaller fights like PK or NW, Jades is better. Even though archers lament it takes forever to kill certain other Jade R999...I find archers spend more time moving than hitting out of necessity, especially against HA, so most of the time the defense serves you better IMO.
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I gave up on the idea of being able to tank hits in PvP. I do quite enjoy glasscannon playing style. :D
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013

He's kinda right. A full deity archer is more annoying than a full jades archer, though I suppose its a matter of perspective. The deity is the deadlier in any situation where he is on the side that outnumbers yours. The jaded archer is annoying for being dang near impossible to kill, surviving longer and probably getting more purges off. If I'm outnumbered I'd want the jades archer on my side, because I can keep him alive better, the deity archer could drop faster than my heals could arrive.

The way a deity archer beats people is by beating their reaction time in a way a jades archer doesn't often have a chance to do... least not against me. Fighting against heartz was one of my biggest motivations for finally making the leap from an all-click playstyle to a mostly-hotkey-presses-on-keyboard playstyle. I'm quite thankful for it really lol, because I'm miles better because of it. Can't even watch my old videos anymore, feels embarrassing...
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's kinda hard to say, I'd probably say that if you plan on being full buffed most of the time.. josd might make more sense, otherwise deity. Deity eas are still extremely squishy with full buffs, I generally prefer that venos pass these guys by and purge someone where it would actually make a difference. Josd archers are slightly more tanky and may at least attract a purge before dropping.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like the extra survivability JoSD gives and wouldnt swap to deities.

Buffed charmed and spamming def charms I'm damn near unkillable without getting purged/ganked, in 1v1s its great, in NW its awesome, the only place I'd prefer deities would be TW where you're relatively safe in that you can simply fire a few shots and hit the s button to retreat behind your allies, rinse and repeat at max range, and BoA with immune.

No offence to anyone that is DoT/Deity but the only reason I would do it is if I got annoyed I couldnt easily kill a JoSD toon and I dont see the logic in sacrificing alot of survivability to kill a small percentage of toons that stick out to you as the 'ones that got away'.

I'd rather take slightly longer to kill someone/call an assist in mass pvp, and my philosophy in sharding has always been 'a dead EA is of no use to anyone' so always gone for survivability over extra killing power, a +12 r9rr bow isnt exactly a tickle deities or no deities.

Also I really enjoy having a faith genie and am too lazy to go for 105 right now so can live without AD but if I went deities, I would probably need to loose faith, which would be very annoying as its my go to skill when getting CC spammed by a group.

Thats my preference, others have their own and I'm not knocking it. A faction mate that I run NW/TW with is of the other school of thought and has a different playstyle that works for him and his deities.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like the extra survivability JoSD gives and wouldnt swap to deities.

Buffed charmed and spamming def charms I'm damn near unkillable without getting purged/ganked, in 1v1s its great, in NW its awesome, the only place I'd prefer deities would be TW where you're relatively safe in that you can simply fire a few shots and hit the s button to retreat behind your allies, rinse and repeat at max range, and BoA with immune.

No offence to anyone that is DoT/Deity but the only reason I would do it is if I got annoyed I couldnt easily kill a JoSD toon and I dont see the logic in sacrificing alot of survivability to kill a small percentage of toons that stick out to you as the 'ones that got away'.

I'd rather take slightly longer to kill someone/call an assist in mass pvp, and my philosophy in sharding has always been 'a dead EA is of no use to anyone' so always gone for survivability over extra killing power, a +12 r9rr bow isnt exactly a tickle deities or no deities.

Also I really enjoy having a faith genie and am too lazy to go for 105 right now so can live without AD but if I went deities, I would probably need to loose faith, which would be very annoying as its my go to skill when getting CC spammed by a group.

Thats my preference, others have their own and I'm not knocking it. A faction mate that I run NW/TW with is of the other school of thought and has a different playstyle that works for him and his deities.

I pretty much agree with this completely, but I build purely around TW. Deities are going to be a lot more useful to me in TW than jades are - as it is, when I'm being hit in TW I'm usually either being hit for little enough that my +10 self can get out of the situation pretty easily, or I'm being overkilled so much that jades would be of no help at all.

With my playstyle, I don't try to tank much anyway - run in, shoot things, and when you start getting hit, kite back. Rinse and repeat.

tl;dr
    1v1: Jades > Deities
    NW/Smaller-scale group PvP: Jades >= Deities (playstyle dependent)
    TW: Deities >= Jades (playstyle dependent)
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    using formula from atk/def lvl thread
    If Attack Level > Defense Level:
    damage = damage dealt * (1 + (A - D)/100)

and assuming 130/50 = normal atk/def lvl and deity = 180 atk.

im seeing that deity will increase dmg output (compared to normal and vs normal) by about 28%?

idk seems like a significant amount but not sure if its enough (for me). also not sure if im doing it right/left anything out mathwise.

If I was still playing an archer I would go Deity (aka Die TY). on casters w/ puri JOSD is just going to outperform...

if deity would let me regularly just drop instant ulti and 1 shot r999 +10-12s (non JOSD, no debuffs, with buffs), I would do it, but don't think ~30% would get me there, not sure...
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Josd LA is still less tankable than many other classes. Surely they die slower with jades than without, but question is how far damage of deity EA goes and if it outbalance jades' defence. I personally like survivability more, but if i was an EA...
    idk seems like a significant amount but not sure if its enough (for me). also not sure if im doing it right/left anything out mathwise.
    Casters don't benefit that much of deity because of aps. Particularly wiz deals enough damage to be dangerous for most of targets and extra 30% can be dealt on def charm. While EA attacks way faster and those 30% per hit will be multiplied on its aps. Less time for its target to use charm or simply run. Plus huge crit rate.
    Imo, deity is better for EA in mass pvp, since most target will die faster than they realise they are attacked. Yes, squishier, but extra deaths will be compensated by enemies who won't slip away b:laugh
    In 1v1 maybe less effective though, depends on the opponent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
    edited September 2013
    Josd LA is still less tankable than many other classes. Surely they die slower with jades than without, but question is how far damage of deity EA goes and if it outbalance jades' defence. I personally like survivability more, but if i was an EA...

I think archer and sins differ due to WoG. JoSD EA is viable because so long as I'm not purged I can WoG and kite out of range when taking damage from several r9rr AAs and then reengage but if I was Deity I would die at that point unless apo was available. Obviously getting focussed by alot of DD no amount of JoSD/WoG will save you.

'Die slower' I would replace with 'evade death' as alot of archer playstyle or at least mine is based on kiting out of range of several DDs and targeting one in range out of that group, rinse and repeat, and during kiting you will be taking damage.

Being tankier than the average archer allows me to assert my presence more and be more offensive in mass pvp too as I can play more risky rather than always waiting on apo cd before engaging.

Foe example flanking a cata squad to take out the cleric(s) I'm more likely to make it out alive than a deity EA, though I realise this is highly situational.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly think a mixture of the two is best. Think now: you have the jades, and the deities. The jades spend, lets say, 66% of the times on the front lines. They kite back and deities move up the front, shoot a barrage, or use apoth or anything, do a **** ton of dmg, then kite back, and jades move up again. You keep the survivability roughly same while increasing overall dmg dealt... perhaps? In theory? o.o
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • jsfj
    jsfj Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    your a archer, diety all the way. your surpose to be a glass cannon, jone blessing +30 +24 Dietys thats 54 + 65 from r9 weapon stage 3 nirvy g15 helm cape +5 + ascended cube neck +rings +bonus from r9 gear pure dex 850+dex i say thtas around 200 attack lvls max def lvls u could hope for 130 so a glass canoon archer would own a JoSD archer on = buffs
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Let me tell you a story about Deitys vs Jades...

Two full deity archers face each other on the battlefield. Knowing whoever draws first wins, they both quickly reach for their bows and take aim, when suddenly,

**both get one-shot by a drive-by BIDS.**

ggwp. ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Let me tell you a story about Deitys vs Jades...

Two full deity archers face each other on the battlefield. Knowing whoever draws first wins, they both quickly reach for their bows and take aim, when suddenly,

**both get one-shot by a drive-by BIDS.**

ggwp. ^.^

it's funny how some make fun of deities surviability. when in reality it's only a 15% damage difference taken between josd and deity for archer. josd isnt even slightly worth the cost. I don't do math on josd w/e. I just tested when I was still JoSd build with a psy+wiz, then test again same egar and buffs when switched to deity. 12-15% increase in damage on me was all - swapping 20 josd to deity, i kept my josd in helm.

it's like Darkskies who say I'd get 1-shot from a seeker who did 14k to him ( if the same combo was done to me) and im 18,7 unbuff. i'd take about 16k max if i was same mdef as he is ( he is 15,9k mdef cos of mdef neck, I use pdef neck so my mdef is 14,7k) so thats 1-2%. so lets say about 3k more dmg to me. People really does overestimate JoSd.

edited October 2013
    Apologies if what I said in that other thread offended you Heartz, I wasn't making fun of your or any other deity archers survivability. As you havent done the math allow me.

Assuming equal pdef mdef hp lvl buffs etc blah blah
    According to the wiki.

if ( attack level > defense level ) then:
    damage taken = damage delivered * ( 1 + ( attack level - defense level ) / 100 )
    if ( attack level < defense level ) then:
    damage taken = damage delivered / ( 1 + ( 1.2 * ( defense level - attack level ) / 100 )

Lets assume the person dealing the damage is the average r9rr running around with 130 attack lvls.

That gives the
    JoSD build (95def lvls) a ratio of 1.35
    Deity build (55def lvls) a ratio of 1.75
    I.e. the deity archer will take 23% more damage

In terms of the offensive gains, vs an average r9rr with jones with lets say 40 def lvls
    JoSD build (130 attack lvls) a ratio of 1.9
    Deity build (170 attack lvls) a ratio of 2.3
    I.e. a 17% damage increase.

Vs someone with Full JoSD i.e. 95 def lvls
    23% damage increase

Now if I have f'ed up the math. Someone correct me.

So the question is, would you rather take 23% less damage or deal 17-23% more damage.

My thoughts were I have no issues with how much damage I do. You can only attack one person at a time, or aoe around them, whereas multiple people can attack you. Obvious statement right. Well that means if 4 people attack me I take 23% less damage from all of them, I'd pick that over doing 17-23% more damage to one person or a few around them.

Also going back to the statement about that 14k hit from the seeker, iirc I did say that that hit may have one shot me if I was unbuffed and that if you were caught with the same unbuffed hit it would definitely one shot you with or without the ele neck. Assume it hits me for 17k. You can do the math.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    I don't care what the math is supposed to be, I care about the actual numbers in pvp. Those numbers are not correct lol. The attack gain I beleive is pretty close. Tested was 20% increase on josd targets. and 10% on no josd targets and about 10-15% on mobs. But damage taken is not 23% more for the 20 Josd I lost, but around 12-15 % with the sun and Deathproofs hits.

If you don't beleive me. ask The sun or Dp. it was with those two I tested when I switched.

most of those formulas comes pretty close and good as guideline, but not always entirely true. gotta see for yourself.

• marie10
    marie10 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't care what the math is supposed to be, I care about the actual numbers in pvp. Those numbers are not correct lol. The attack gain I beleive is pretty close. Tested was 20% increase on josd targets. and 10% on no josd targets and about 10-15% on mobs. But damage taken is not 23% more for the 20 Josd I lost, but around 12-15 % with the sun and Deathproofs hits.

If you don't beleive me. ask The sun or Dp. it was with those two I tested when I switched.

most of those formulas comes pretty close and good as guideline, but not always entirely true. gotta see for yourself.

you dont care about maths? we dont care about your tests. unless you made your tests with around 100-1000 hits for damage dealt/damage received, it doesnt matter
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i do not completely agree on deity casters being worthless
    especially wizards

i believe especially in tws, a 3spark frenzy bt thrown by a r9r3+12 deity wiz could be aoe oneshotting any-class (cept HAs) any-gear in range

i used to play a DoT wizard, and we had a massive group disrupting wombo combo,
    bm runs into group with ig-> hf-roar, sin subsea from stealth, wizard holy paths 3sparked and throws bt on the group with frenzy
    thats ace

almost same story for psys, you can have godly attack levels aoes,
    also you can switch to 90ish def lvls mantaining a good amount of attack levels
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    marie10 wrote: »
    you dont care about maths? we dont care about your tests. unless you made your tests with around 100-1000 hits for damage dealt/damage received, it doesnt matter

well i have also been deity for months now, and can still assure you, that math isn't right. I don't gain 23% more attack on josd targets and I don't take anywhere near 20% more damage either. and the attack lvls gain seem to cap at 0,3-0,4% pr atttack lvl, when youre 100+ more attack lvls than enemy got def.. and I say seem because I don't do math, so it's roughly numbers..

so many in this world takes facts as being the only right thing forever. "facts" are only right to they are proven wrong.

But it's fine, archers can stay JoSd, but decked out wizards can almsot ignore you then. Dot was not worth using, but deity is. too high ping or lack of skill, stay josd. if you play with few mistakes, good-medium ping and decked out archer, go deity. We're not tanks, we're meant to kill what we hit, josd is more support than a DD, if gears are equals.
    I do see why people prefer josd, you can be lazy and kite less lol. trust me I know it.. was JoSd for so long too x.x.

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Doing proper tests does not involve thousands of hits and statistics. You can be totally exact by doing an attack that has no variable damage. You can take off your weapon and use wingspan or you can use a genie skill that does actual damage. Both of those ways will have fixed damage output (and genie skills do benefit from attack levels).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw