Picking up where I left off.

Options
scottmiser
scottmiser Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, So I played a fair while back (Bout' 2-3 years back) I was essentially being carried through the game by a much higher level friend at the time. I'm wondering If I were to try and keep progressing, leveling, gear etc, how would I go about doing it; I'm currently a level 49 Barbarian and I have no idea what I'm doing, I vaguely remember the Jist of how to do a few daily quests and what have you but forgotten where all the relevant NPC's and stuff to them are ._. Really want to get that level 50 supply box thing done though.

Any replies are much appreciated.
Post edited by scottmiser on

Comments

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well 3 yrs ago they added Tideborn: Assassin/Psychic.

Sin: Melee DPS/APS with a self healing ability (2%target/hit)
    Psy: Fast Cast but on par with Wizzy at lvl 100.

Sin is OP in PvE. Especially later levels.

2 yrs ago added Earthguard: Seeker/Mystic.

Seeker: Melee Fighter with ranged magic skills. Has Party buffs for ATK/DEF lvls.
    New Zhen skill (59) makes Archers more obsolete.
    Due to HA and BP.
    Mystic: Pet Class mixed with healer.

New Area to explore: Morai (95+) Introduces new skills. (80-100), Newer sorting system in the form of Orders. Shroud (Bad guys), Luminence (merc go betweens), and finally Chroma (good guys)

New Dungeons:
    Nirvana: Lvl 100+ dungeon used to make Nirvana gear. Currently outdated.
    Located northeast of TB city: Raging Tides (southeast of World Map).
    Advance __: lvl 100 dungeon in Morai that supports 10 chars. Raid? lol

PvP Features:
    Nation Wars: New PvP Event that separates players into 4 different groups and attack each other for land. More land = more prizes. All around decent event.
    Don't recall the times.

New Once a day events:

Daily Bounty Hunt. (Lvl 40-80)
    NPC: Jolly Jones
    Reward: Massive amounts of coin.
    Ex: 70+ gives 158k just to start it. 7 requests are given to you. Turn in for 88k each.
    ~500k-600k per char.

Lucid (Silver/Gold): Gives a few all class pet, minor exp, and Temp Fash. (Warlord sells for~40k)

New One time only events:

Perfect Questmaster
    Reward: Massive amounts of EXP.

Lucidsilver level up rewards: Every 5 levels until lvl 30+. Same rewards as the daily vers.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • scottmiser
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sounds like everything I know is obsolete, feels like I need a mentor seeing as I've taken a look at those Bounty Hunter quests, current one seems to make you go into an instance of some sorts and kill what's presumably a particular boss in there. I'm not a noob to MMO's in general though, I get the feeling instances are more or less either a group of people power leveling alternate toons or accounts, or so elitist my gear probably wouldn't meet their expectations...
  • Myerna - Raging Tide
    Myerna - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well it's not all obsolete. Though a mentor would certainly be a great idea. What server are you on?
    Besides that, it is still possible to get up to level 80ish by just questing and doing instance runs. However, questing has been made much easier. Some things to keep in mind, specifically regarding questing:
    Tideborn quests. At level 40, you should have received a notice about talking to the tideborn elder. This sets off a chain of quests which give a huge amount of experience and coin. If you were level 40, this usually bumps you to 45 or so. Pretty impressive. But it doesn't end there; at level 51 it continues, so keep your medals of completion. Check out the "Goshiki chain guide" or whatever it is called in the Quest Tips forum. =)
    Earthguard quests. I think it's also level 40, but when you drop by Tellus City, you'll receive a notice, and if you pursue it, it will be a quest chain of moderate rewards and experience. Also fun quest line, if you ask me. =) But great especially if you start running out of normal quests around level 55 or so.
    New quests. There was a streak of new quests (most challenge type) following the Morai expansion, which are not necessarily connected, but are a ton of fun and give great rewards. Some of them even turn you into a frog or robot. b:chuckle These begin somewhere around 50 or 60, I think, and are available until level 100 (pretty sure).
    Instance quests: these you should really run through with a squad, but these typically have high rewards and/or allow you to complete bounty hunter quests for tons of exp. Look for people shouting about "bh" or "fb" (depends on server terminology) or something followed by a "19, 29, 39, 49, 59", etc.. Fb 19 is corresponded to the race-particular instance (Den of Rabid Wolves, etc.). Fb/bh 29 refers to Hall of Deception. And so forth. There will be a quest/spiritual cultivation giving you specific bosses at those levels, which is why they are known by the level number. (You probably knew all of this section, but it's there as a refresher. =) )
    Speaking of spiritual cultivation, there is an odd quest chain that has the same color as spiritual culti quests, but has harder bosses and such. This quest chain purpose is eventually going to unlock a new map called Old Heaven's Tear, a place to take on bosses and get materials for forging gear. This is somewhere around level 70, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, that's a brief overview. Other fun things to note, besides that which Keliska so excellently pointed out, are Phoenix Valley (instance in which to pull mobs and kill groups for high exp, especially if using hyper stones. Accessible once a day, for particular level ranges. Squad is highly suggested.) Public quest, a quest you can get on the bottom left Tideborn Island at level 60-80, is great exp and fun, so long as there is competition. It's suggested to look up how public quests work before going, or you can try as you go. =)
    There are events, such as Celestial Tigers (every Monday) and Assault on Archosaur (Fridays when scheduled), which can give you great rewards. Nation Wars, like Keliska mentioned, is a PvP event every Friday and Sunday starting at 8:20 server time and running until 10:20 server time. Talk to Overseer Arban (or w/e his name is) to get registered and started. This event gives supply tokens, which can be traded for powerful items for gear, or the items traded can be sold for a lot of coin.

Overall, I would suggest 3 things.
    1) Find a good guild/faction. Having friends is what makes an MMO an MMO, and without other people it's a lame experience imho. People to help you, talk to you, and have fun alongside you is wonderful.
    2) Explore! PWI has gotten bigger, and is still beautiful and fun to explore and wander around. And there are tons of new features everywhere. (Speaking of which, there's a new title system and people finding system, but explanations for those are in-game, I'm pretty sure.)
    3) Don't feel afraid to ask random people for help. Sure, there are trolls and such, but many people are kinder than you might think. Plus, it's a great way to make friends as you go around talking to all sorts of people.
    Hope this helps! If you need any more help/advice, let me know!
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Welcome back to the game!

Keliska and Myerna, great job on providing such detailed and helpful information.

Threads like these and the people who are always so willing to help; really nice to see! b:victory
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Welcome back and don't be dissuaded by the changes. I took most of this year out of the game and came back around 6 weeks ago. There have been some daunting changes and it's a lil easier for me as my main was 100 when i left so most of the content update I am able to participate in. Stick with it though and remember its about having fun :)
  • scottmiser
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Guess I should try and go about finding a legion that'll take me in I suppose, seems like the general opinion here is to do instances of some sort or another, difficult to find groups not being in an appropriate legion. I'm in Dreamweaver, was considering a xfer across to more ping-friendly server (Essentially meaning West Coast, but it seems as if I've made too much of a commitment here with this Barb to really want to go and level another Toon).

I'm a very big fan of instances and tanking, I'm sure at some point or another I'll find people who are wanting to do the instances I'd like to do, just a bit different than before I had a mentor friend who carried me through said instances.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm on DW too I'd be happy to help although I'm in the UK so if you are West Coast US the time difference may hamper the efforts b:sad

Joining a faction is a great idea and if you are in your 50s+ lvl then there are lots of factions that i am sure will help out. WC for one :D and lots of people that I am sure will help you with instances that require a squad (fbs, bhs etc)
  • scottmiser
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hmm , Australia, but I'm active enough I could cover multiple time zones.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    scottmiser wrote: »
    Hmm , Australia, but I'm active enough I could cover multiple time zones.

Cool I'm happy to help out - during the week I tend to be on from around 8pm GMT until around 12/1am. During weekends I tend to be on more in the afternoon GMT usually from around midday until around 6 or 7.

I'm a barb too so I might be able to impart a lil wisdom but I don't profess to know everything :D