Venomancer PVP Discussion and Videos

Comments

• FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver
    FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    @Foxsgurl: I seen a few more videos now (for some reason your latest uploads are very slow to buffer for me and just grinds to a stop 1/3 out.) And I just dunno exactly what to say :3 From what I have seen (not seen all your vids but some) is that you barely take use of fox form and at some points; debuffs n pets. But then again you rarely seem to actually need them. Wich also makes me wonder if you mostly meet people that is a bit under your league :x The part bout mostly being given fights sort of stands. But ill try look at more vids, perhaps its my poor net thats making the new ones not load :s

Other than that; Id say to take more use of your fluffy form :3

My recent uploads have a few different settings so that might have caused the buffer to slow f:worry hope to get better qauity with these new settings. I usually only end up using my fox form to debuff, i haven't found any of my other fox skills to help much in the way of power/damage to my targets, tho i sometimes switch to fox form to run the flag as having the little more phys. defense helps if i meet a sin or bm. I also have trouble with my pets on most battle fields. tho my nix will chase after a target, it simply dose not attack, even if i click the attack, or its skills. i find it frustrating and at most times forget i have my pets out these days. mostly iv been finding the nix to glitch in flag terrirys but will occasionally glitch in crystals as well f:worry. i do run acorss targets under my league but do occasionally find some good matches on the filed. I do find that i have most trouble with mystics, i cant keep them in a stun lock to stop them from healing. any advise would be great, it takes way to long to out damge there heals f:shame
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mhm agreed on using fox form more. Not just about purge and amplify but also things like crush vigor, bewitch, chi burn etc. (yeah pretty much debuffs) but it's also true you seemed to have easy opponents which makes sense in not needing fox form so much..
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I also have trouble with my pets on most battle fields. tho my nix will chase after a target, it simply dose not attack, even if i click the attack, or its skills. i find it frustrating and at most times forget i have my pets out these days.
    Resummon it every time you enter a new land. This glitch appeared after update.
    Also annoying that nix considers towers to be flying objects and won't attack if i'm on the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013

Also annoying that nix considers towers to be flying objects and won't attack if i'm on the ground.

Although I can't NW for reasons...I'll keep this in mind if I get to NW again O.o didn't know that.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My nix attacks towers just fine in bridge battles o.o

But yes; you have to resummon your pet every battle or it wont attack anyone. Also as something to remember is that after evolution, it no long count as a flying pet unless youre flying too. If youre on the ground it cant fly. But it wont get stuck in the ground either, while taking to the sky will make it a flying pet. Sometimes youll even have to resummon the pet when changing between flying and running around; wich can be a bit frustrating

For taking down mystics I have to use anti stun (pots or morai skill) in addition to pet and follow up each cc skill with a hit. Their heals are ridiculous, so if youre vs. A goodystic youll almost always have to kill it in a duration of a stun or seal.

One effective way ive come across: Vac powder -> Purge -> Synergy -> nix pounce; followed by nova or lucky scarab -> ironwood -> flesh ream

@Marengo: "This video contains content from SME, EMI music Publishing and UMG, one or more whom have blocked this video in your country on copyright grounds."

:C
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    My nix attacks towers just fine in bridge battles o.o
    I tried many times and it didn't work. Pet could be stunned or slept, but actually i can kill a tower with it if i fly, while it completely refuses to attack if i don't. Looks like a regularity...
    One effective way ive come across: Vac powder -> Purge -> Synergy -> nix pounce; followed by nova or lucky scarab -> ironwood -> flesh ream
    I think, vac powder right before synergy is a waste ;) Combo may fail and you will need pills after.
    @Marengo: "This video contains content from SME, EMI music Publishing and UMG, one or more whom have blocked this video in your country on copyright grounds."
    :C
    Are you from Germany? Youtube mostly blocks vids for Germany because of music. At first i tried to pick songs which it would leave be, but it's almost impossible to satisfy this system and i gave up b:surrender
    I can publish it somewhere else when i get home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Are you from Germany? Youtube mostly blocks vids for Germany because of music. At first i tried to pick songs which it would leave be, but it's almost impossible to satisfy this system and i gave up b:surrender
    I can publish it somewhere else when i get home.

It works for my luckily but yeah...that's really annoying. It's not as bad here as Germany but I still get it once in a while b:cry
    edited October 2013
    I fot to admit I dun often use the normal vac, but the shadow binder :x I only really need it to not get stunned by the herbs; wich is what the continuation with synergy does help with. As well as it makes pet attacks rather heavy hitting after a purge

And Im from Norway :c

• Marengo - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I fot to admit I dun often use the normal vac, but the shadow binder :x I only really need it to not get stunned by the herbs; wich is what the continuation with synergy does help with. As well as it makes pet attacks rather heavy hitting after a purge
    I'd place synergy before everything then and saved vac. It's too much to use 15-20 sec 2 min cd pot just not to get stunned before your stunlock combo ;)
    And Im from Norway :c
    Close enough, but still it shouldn't block it, different countries b:lipcurl
    Can place it here also

http://yadi.sk/d/_-4Sy5otBXvfk
    but temporarily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited October 2013
    I place synergy second for the reason that it have a secondary purpose: To really be noticeable damage after purge. Their pet stuns; their plants stun. Most dont recognize that I use anti stun; and waste their cc on nothing c:

• Marengo - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I place synergy second for the reason that it have a secondary purpose: To really be noticeable damage after purge. Their pet stuns; their plants stun. Most dont recognize that I use anti stun; and waste their cc on nothing c:
    I didn't think of it because for me natural synergy is antistun first of all b:chuckle
    As for recognizing opponent's defensive and offensive buffs and skills, it is actually a basics of pvp, the one who does it faster and reacts in time, wins. Sometimes you can take advantage of others' mistakes, but better to overestimate and be prepared for smart moves from the opposite side =)

Also you need to take more advantage of fox form, i think. When you have enough time, don't waste it, switch forms. I watched several sage venos' vids where they abuse it when they can and when they can't, and it's really helpful, they are almost never out of chi, use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited October 2013
    I have increased my use of fox form now for chi gain, but at the same time this really slows me down as well. Finding a good balance between speed and just chi "farming" might be a thing to practice on. Just had a 3 hour TW as a catapuller. Wich slightly alters playstyle and ofc: give more time to chi up. Sadly did not record any of it as I was running out of HDD space xD

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Would you guys be interested in a thread like this being stickied?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I asked the OP (he's my friend) and he agreed.
    I also think it's a good idea, it should at least keep the thread alive and avoid getting it buried.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have increased my use of fox form now for chi gain, but at the same time this really slows me down as well. Finding a good balance between speed and just chi "farming" might be a thing to practice on. Just had a 3 hour TW as a catapuller. Wich slightly alters playstyle and ofc: give more time to chi up. Sadly did not record any of it as I was running out of HDD space xD

Finding balance is easy. Just use fox form when you are moving... all the time, and that's it.

One tip:
    In many videos and screenshots I've seen venos put fox form in their skillbar as only-clickable. Go pro and keybind fox form for faster access.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Finding balance is easy. Just use fox form when you are moving... all the time, and that's it.

One tip:
    In many videos and screenshots I've seen venos put fox form in their skillbar as only-clickable. Go pro and keybind fox form for faster access.

Unfortunately for me, I can't work like that. I have a few skills that I use by pressing buttons such as whatever is on slots 1 to 5 and F1 to F5 but otherwise I click.

I'm a visual person and it's much easier for me to react to images and memorise their location than remember the numbers/buttons or combination of buttons (eg. shift + 1). Sometimes I even click those skills that I can normally use buttons for (mentioned above).

As much as I tried to reduce my clicking to be faster (my ping is 300-500 on average) I simply can't work like that.

With that said, my hotkeys are solely organised based on my clicking routine and habit. Though I'll have to tweak my hotkeys a little due to the upcoming update on skills.

Edit: Heh, with this upcoming expansion that I mentioned and that comment I decided to play around with my hotkeys again and make it more effective I hope. Getting used to it will not be easy though :(
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i'm still waiting for the foxform skill we was told we was getting when we got the new foxform. any idea if that can be with the new update coming? i know of the other skills and stuff.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately for me, I can't work like that. I have a few skills that I use by pressing buttons such as whatever is on slots 1 to 5 and F1 to F5 but otherwise I click.

I'm a visual person and it's much easier for me to react to images and memorise their location than remember the numbers/buttons or combination of buttons (eg. shift + 1). Sometimes I even click those skills that I can normally use buttons for (mentioned above).

As much as I tried to reduce my clicking to be faster (my ping is 300-500 on average) I simply can't work like that.

With that said, my hotkeys are solely organised based on my clicking routine and habit. Though I'll have to tweak my hotkeys a little due to the upcoming update on skills.

Edit: Heh, with this upcoming expansion that I mentioned and that comment I decided to play around with my hotkeys again and make it more effective I hope. Getting used to it will not be easy though :(

Besides using the keys 1-5 and f1-f5, I also use q, e, r, f, g, and c. All those keys are conveniently close to wasd. Yes, all those keys are by default for opening menus. What I did was to add a shift to every key for the menus.

You should really press K to open the keybind menu and play around with it. At first it may be confusing, and hard but after a while you get used, and you are a lot better because you react faster. At the beginning I had troubles remembering my own setup, but with practice I mastered it.

The only skills where I press a combination of 2 keys are for pet skills, but I only do this when I want a skill to come out really fast. And, I have fox form on number 4. I go between fox form, and girl form all the time.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I've already tried using the keybinds in the past but it just doesn't work for me b:surrender I can't get used to it or memorise it for the life of me.

I put fox form on number 4 earlier in place of arcane antinomy and I moved the latter because I'll have a slot freed up when blazing scarab gets fused with ironwood. I'm still trying to get used to it x.x but keybinds are just a no-no to me.

It's just my thing, I work purely based on vision which is probably due to the fact that I have a natural talent for it (this year I'll graduate as a comic/cartoon artist)
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I guess I must be a mix of kinetic-visual learner then. To be honest when I want to press feral concentration, which is on c, I don't think about the relation between they key c and the skill. I just know what I have to press.

Do you by chance can type without looking at the keyboard? When I was in high school I was taught to write w.o looking at the keyboard. I guess that's another reason key binding is comfortable for me. I don't even need to think where each key is.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I do type without looking at my keyboard so technically it should have been easy for me too but somehow it just doesn't work for me.
    I don't even know how exactly to describe it honestly. I remember when I tried keybind things, especially the genie skills, I'd confuse the keys and mess up no matter much I tried to practice and memorise them.

My "issue" is also a reason why I've never been good at games that require a lot of different button combinations (usually fighting games) u.u
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I do type without looking at my keyboard so technically it should have been easy for me too but somehow it just doesn't work for me.
    Vice versa here :D I need to look at the keyboard while typing from time to time to avoid typos, but i use my hotkeys just on the touch. It's a matter of habbit i think. Also it maybe an uncomfortable keyboard. For example, if i played on laptop, i'd get normal one anyway. But i know a lot of ppl who play on laptops without problems (or they say they have no problems :))
    Besides, using keyboard is somehow faster and more reliable. I place most important skills with short cooldown on hotkeys. Sometimes in critical situation i hardly have time to hit a skill or apo a single time + ping plays its role.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Vice versa here :D I need to look at the keyboard while typing from time to time to avoid typos, but i use my hotkeys just on the touch. It's a matter of habbit i think. Also it maybe an uncomfortable keyboard. For example, if i played on laptop, i'd get normal one anyway. But i know a lot of ppl who play on laptops without problems (or they say they have no problems :))
    Besides, using keyboard is somehow faster and more reliable. I place most important skills with short cooldown on hotkeys. Sometimes in critical situation i hardly have time to hit a skill or apo a single time + ping plays its role.

I generally use my hotkeys without needing to look; however there is always that one awkward point in NW when I hit F6 [fly] instead of F7 [foxform], and so instead of speed-kiting away from enemies, I start hovering above them f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • menylisa2020
    menylisa2020 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Vice versa here :D I need to look at the keyboard while typing from time to time to avoid typos.

A familiar problem :) I'm also constantly faced with such a problem when you have to look at the keyboard and like a small thing, but it takes a long time.

In the begin of my tutorial i type while listening to the song :) Then I began to train on some online Tutorials.

Now I am learning to type here.
    http://keyboard-racing.com

before i typing here

http://typingweb.net

Try it. It helps!
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i don't use hot keys. i just press and use them with the mouse. I guess it's how i'm comfortable.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Oh, it is true that I play on a laptop. I've been using a laptop during my whole time while playing PWI (got a new one recently but still a laptop) mainly due to the fact that I'm still in college and I move around etc.

I did use a normal PC a couple of times when I'd visit a friend and I found the normal keyboard really weird (having used a laptop for years instead of a normal PC). I noticed the F keys are positioned differently on normal keyboards compared to laptops and I had trouble using my skills. Using a laptop keyboard is certainly the reason I find it easier to have attacks on F keys and other important things "under" them (aka the number keys).

Anyway, enough off topic lol! Back to PvP venomancing!
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, today i entered the Lycaeum on my veno, took the quest, stood next to puffbird and nothing happened lol...no pink name, yet my pet on defend went to hit bird then i maualed him...then auto...he started attacking the invisible guard. Meantime i tried to attack the enraged guards but none of my skills worked, either by control + skill or ordinary attack. In fact when i clicked on a guard all i got was a pop up window and the word "close" on it. Using tab all i could get was the ?9999 purple portal that the waves enter from. So i couldnt even get the waves coz i couldnt attack the guards with any skill. Honestly, ive never been in any instance thats so utterly glitched / bugged / broken in my life..now i cant get any feral stars by any means...PW take the thing down...please..or fix it..as it stands now its just infuriating me and prolly most other venos to.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Last Saturday TW.

It was a 3 hour TW so I had to leave out a lot of footage. I tried to pick the most interesting parts. This time I got to use the Luminance attack charms and I have to say I could see a difference in my damage and the damage of my crits.

It was a really fun TW! A bit more offensive despite being a defence squad, due to the nature of the TW. Additional info in the video's description.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    -edits- double post >.> my internet sucks
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Last Saturday TW.

It was a 3 hour TW so I had to leave out a lot of footage. I tried to pick the most interesting parts. This time I got to use the Luminance attack charms and I have to say I could see a difference in my damage and the damage of my crits.

It was a really fun TW! A bit more offensive despite being a defence squad, due to the nature of the TW. Additional info in the video's description.

you picked so much on my cleric this fight u.u QQ leave my poor g16 +5/+6 cleric alone! D;<
    I agree it was awesome fun TW.. however i would have liked if you didnt cut out so many parts and not only showing when ur apo etc arent on cooldown. But you did a good job :) dangerous venomancer...