New DQ System Suggestion Thread

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
-That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    response! nice, thts all most of us want. Regarding the replacement of DQ i wonder what we'll get, im kinda looking forward to that
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • Ackrion - Sanctuary
    Ackrion - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    personally I am not fully aware of what I would like to see but I do agree most of us probably want answers :o..... ( replies )
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    TBH, the majority of the issues had to do with the poor coding on the website and the sub-standard ability of the dev's to actually follow through with anything.

Last I looked, there was still site code left over from the RT expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If the DQ rewards system is going away, maybe put the coin values back on the DQ items if the new system doesn't use them. What's even the point of having them worth 1 if they are not useful for something else (aside the lower DQ items being used as bank extension mats).

Even with quest coin rewards, I have noticed the 1 coin price has hurt keeping repair costs on low dex built characters up.
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Regarding the things you can redeem with dq rewards...the only thing people wanted where the demon/sage event card. It would be awesome if you guys added more useful items. But keep the makeover scrolls, those where handy.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ah, a response at last...

How about adding a point system to NPCing TT Materials (green and gold)?
    Whatever doesn't sell to players can always be NPC'd for these at the very least. Each tier of TT materials can be worth certain amounts.

As for the rewards of such a system, it can be the same as before (Random Pigments, D/S cards, Makeover Scrolls, ect) but we should also get a new set of items as well (and possibly a rotation of items every week or two to keep things interesting, like the bidding hall)

Also, can we not get this new system as a part of ARC? That'd be great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    If the DQ rewards system is going away, maybe put the coin values back on the DQ items if the new system doesn't use them. What's even the point of having them worth 1 if they are not useful for something else (aside the lower DQ items being used as bank extension mats).

Even with quest coin rewards, I have noticed the 1 coin price has hurt keeping repair costs on low dex built characters up.

People where botting the dq items to NPC them for coins.
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Ah, a response at last...

How about adding a point system to NPCing TT Materials (green and gold)?
    Whatever doesn't sell to players can always be NPC'd for these at the very least. Each tier of TT materials can be worth certain amounts.

As for the rewards of such a system, it can be the same as before (Random Pigments, D/S cards, Makeover Scrolls, ect) but we should also get a new set of items as well (and possibly a rotation of items every week or two to keep things interesting, like the bidding hall)

Also, can we not get this new system as a part of ARC? That'd be great

I agree with everything you have said! TT items for dq points would be awesome. That rotation is also a great idea..maybe like 3 new items per week? but keep the random dyes, makeover scrolls, and sage cards as normal things.
    edited October 2013
    That rotation is also a great idea..maybe like 3 new items per week? but keep the random dyes, makeover scrolls, and sage cards as normal things.

Indeed. They could have a special area of the DQP menu specifically for "items on special"
    or something for the "rotating" items while keeping static the items from the previous system that everyone usually go for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tbh I'm not quite sure what else I'd like to see in there (it's sort of late lol) but, the random dyes, sage/demon cards and makeover scrolls are a MUST. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont know many people who do the actual dragon quest thing in game so why not make the items that were/are available (molds n mounts etc) there in new DQ system? Id like to see some useful gear options (mainly rings, necks, belts, capes) there for all lvl ranges. Also why not add in some of the basic tomes to but they cant be used to make higher lvl ones of course. Different mounts and maybe some aerogear to. Nothing crazy in speed but something worth earning? Im also all for adding in the old items like Pstones, dyes and makeover scrolls. Plus I really like Euthymius's idea of rotating items but I would rather it be monthly than weekly.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    I dont know many people who do the actual dragon quest thing in game so why not make the items that were/are available (molds n mounts etc) there in new DQ system? Id like to see some useful gear options (mainly rings, necks, belts, capes) there for all lvl ranges. Also why not add in some of the basic tomes to but they cant be used to make higher lvl ones of course. Different mounts and maybe some aerogear to. Nothing crazy in speed but something worth earning? Im also all for adding in the old items like Pstones, dyes and makeover scrolls. Plus I really like Euthymius's idea of rotating items but I would rather it be monthly than weekly.

Hmm..true. People might not be able to farm enough DQ for it to be weekly (depending on the price. Maybe twice a month.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice, what I want for the replacement is probably similiar to DQ system, like the items/loot we NPCed to get the dq items. And if the auto botting does going to be implemented, than I wont have to worry about people botting for this new reward system b:surrender.

I suggest the reward system will be rewarding to the player but make the player "win", probably something like the random dye, fash, mounts/pets, or event a custom title that does not affecting the overall gameplay.

Add more in which player can customized their avatar which is the reason I play this game in the first place, character customization. b:pleased
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Whatever the new system is, it should be something everyone can do and not just the TT farmers. As one of the big things about DQ was it was something that everyone could do.

Also when are the DQ rewards being phased out?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    (1)What id like to see is a way to get more fashion with the new system. Also lets say every 6 months you could probably add 2 sets of female and male fashion (which sets are added should be voted on by the community pack fashion of course can not be voted for) as time goes on to keep things fresh and keep us fashion enthusiasts happy(pretty please b:laugh).
    (2) I was also thinking why not add the crafting boxes to, they would of course be quite pricey.
    (3)I also think all reset items should be added except the divine seal. I think these would be fine if they are tradable.
    (4)Also for the lazy people (such as myself b:chuckle) I was thinking why not add all the mats from The Crafting: Mats 2 section to help bring down the majorly inflated prices so people who choose to actually craft things to raise there crafting skills can with out spending a fortune on it. These should only be able to be gotten one at a time and should be a little pricey once you start getting to the higher tier mats so people can still make a profit from them but at the same time not be so dang high like it is now.
    (5) I also think the quest expansion item should be added (dam thing should of been free to begin with anyway *rolls eyes*)

That's all I can think of right now.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited October 2013
    Whatever the new system is, it should be something everyone can do and not just the TT farmers. As one of the big things about DQ was it was something that everyone could do.

What is it that "everyone" does nowadays?

Warsong and Lunar?
    Could be possible to add DQP to WS Emblems and Lunar Crystals/Essences

Other BHs already drop DQ and armor parts, so will the Head Hunter's giving DQP as a BH 1 or (optional 100+) BH2 (and BH 3 for lower levels) reward?

Morai and other dailies?
    Maybe adding DQP for completing quests (or exchanging for influence in the former's case) could happen.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If we're phasing out DQ points as being available from DQs due to botting, then why not these options for things to NPC for points?:

-Chest of Coins (already available)
    -Nirvana Keys
    -Reflective Shards
    -Fairy Keys
    -Mirages
    -Celestone of Heaven/Human/Earth
    -Celestone Fragment
    -Hypers (for those of us who are 105 and have like 500 ****ing bound hypers to our char that we can't even acc stash)

a.k.a. basically a bunch of stuff you can't really bot, but people have an easy time coming by regardless.

And please keep makeover scrolls, random pigments, and demon/sage event cards in whatever new version of the DQ point shop you make. Those three are probably the things people get most from the shop currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

Warsong and Lunar?

Other BHs already drop DQ and armor parts, so will the Head Hunter's giving DQP as a BH 1 or (optional 100+) BH2 (and BH 3 for lower levels) reward?

Morai and other dailies?
    Maybe adding DQP for completing quests (or exchanging for influence in the former's case) could happen.

Yeah, those are things I can think of off the top of my head that are more widely used by all different types of players. Perhaps they could add something to NPC for doing BHs, they could even make it something that comes from all tiers of BH. :P Like if you do BH3 or BH2, you could get BH points or something. All they would have to do is add an item in the game that assigns points. A lot of people who farmed DQ after all did it because they couldn't do TT, so it'd be nice to try to catch as large a subset of players as possible for this reward.
    If we're phasing out DQ points as being available from DQs due to botting, then why not these options for things to NPC for points?:

-Chest of Coins (already available)
    -Nirvana Keys
    -Reflective Shards
    -Fairy Keys
    -Mirages
    -Celestone of Heaven/Human/Earth
    -Celestone Fragment
    -Hypers (for those of us who are 105 and have like 500 ****ing bound hypers to our char that we can't even acc stash)

a.k.a. basically a bunch of stuff you can't really bot, but people have an easy time coming by regardless.

And please keep makeover scrolls, random pigments, and demon/sage event cards in whatever new version of the DQ point shop you make. Those three are probably the things people get most from the shop currently.

I like your ideas, that's a pretty large group of people that can come by things. And still gives the advantage to the 100+, which ofc they should still have. I especially like the celestones, gives people a reason to quest. And makes the snowman event more worth it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • anata1
    anata1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Warsong and Lunar?

Morai and other dailies?

sorry, saw this, couldn't resist.

uhm, *everyone* isn't 100+. as a lvl 99, I can't do warsongs and lunars yet, because nobody will take me till I hit that magical 100. -everyone- includes players from level 1 and up, not just the very small range of 100 plus players. even morai is only 95+. that does new players absolutely no good whatsoever!! we need things to help new players, people that don't have alts they can use to powerlevel themselves up to 100+.

as to my response to the thread, in general, the issue is more what rewards are worth getting, not how to earn yet more points. I really like the idea of things like craft mats and the like being made available, even if they are a bit expensive. I'm also fond of the idea of making variable amount demon sage event cards, especially for situations where you want just enough event gold to buy this or that piece of fashion or charm or the like, so, maybe smaller options, 20 event gold, as well as the 50? And I know that I, at least, would like it if the event boutique's smileys and fashion options were updated. Possibly adding perfect tokens of luck, crab meats, things are useful to *everyone*, not just the fashion conscious. while the character design is a huge part of pwi, I know most of my friends would be hugely appreciative of other things. Maybe small charms, gold and under, too. Possibly add something like.... spend a certain amount of DQ points (like, 10million) to be able to design a custom fashion that can be kept personal, or made public. or a very large amount to get a custom requested item, such as a special mount, untradeable though. and I know, myself, I would appreciate a way to get more mysterious chips, more perfect tokens, the like... different ppl use different things I guess, so why not just do something like a short questionaire? offer a small charm or a fantasy fruit for completion, just to make sure ppl answer it... "would you be interested in a way to get (this or that) for dq points?" kinda deal. idk... that's my take on it ^^
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I agree with this. They never had to change the prices for our version anyway because we didn't have the botting problem that caused the change, so I don't see why it would be an issue to revert them. Also, if the problem with the current system was the website not functioning properly, this is definitely something that would involve no extra workload like that. One step reverting of prices and never be bothered by it again. As far as bots go... if that is a worry then you had better remove herbs, because that's the only problem we have for botting. But since an autobot system is apparently being implemented in the future I don't see how anyone can complain about it being a problem.

What most concerns me about a new system is that it will not make use of the current DQ drops. Some of us really do enjoy grinding, but we need something to grind for.... drops worth 1 coin certainly are not.

As to the people saying that other things should be NPCable for points as the new system.... that sort of defeats the purpose of shutting down the current system, seeing as the problem was with points updating. So I doubt they are looking at that route.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like your ideas, that's a pretty large group of people that can come by things. And still gives the advantage to the 100+, which ofc they should still have. I especially like the celestones, gives people a reason to quest. And makes the snowman event more worth it.

Celestones also makes Archo Assault event not totally useless as those mobs also drop those in addition to DQs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited October 2013
    anata1 wrote: »
    sorry, saw this, couldn't resist.

uhm, *everyone* isn't 100+. as a lvl 99, I can't do warsongs and lunars yet, because nobody will take me till I hit that magical 100. -everyone- includes players from level 1 and up, not just the very small range of 100 plus players. even morai is only 95+. that does new players absolutely no good whatsoever!! we need things to help new players, people that don't have alts they can use to powerlevel themselves up to 100+.

Warsong and Lunar?

Morai and other dailies?

>MFW I mentioned BH 1, 2, and 3 are done by everyone (3 being exclusive to <lv100)
    >I mentioned quests (not just Morai - all level ranges quests and certain dailies can offer points)

Try again m8
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    > Keep Demon/Sage Reward Card. Definite must have item
    > How are new points going to be obtained?
    > Is ARC a requirement? :C
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Create event silver tickets

Have vile nirvy bosses drop them
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People where botting the dq items to NPC them for coins.

There's a GM button for that. b:laugh
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    D/S cards, dyes, makeovers are among the most useful things on the dq rewards atm.

Whatever gets added to the new system, i just hope it does NOT require arc to access it.b:surrender
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think that a new system like the original dq system would be helpful. I am referring to when farming dq was really worth it because you could get medal of glories to farm r9 with. With the current status of the game, although that would be helpful, I think there are more beneficail items that can be gained. Because of this, I suggest chests that contain large amounts of Supply Tokens. For instance it could be like 25,000 dq would equal 100 Supply Tokens. This would make farming spread throughout pwi again, and also help many people who are unable to attend Nation Wars due to person reasons.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • docseventy
    docseventy Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    - don't take away the existing dq points from players, transfer them to the new system
    - make the new system worth doing for all lvls of players
    - add rewards between the demon/sage card and the useless horse
    - add rewards above the useless horse
    - cycle rewards monthly

as for the problem with botting dq points up to the last patch, it was always possible to kill bots by environment, also it was possible and did work to just take screens or vids and report those accounts. so no problem there actually.

now just one question: how come the idea to "fix" something that is not really badly broken while since the last "expansion" there are a ton of things like missing digs and npc, broken quests, annoying censorship etc. that are really broken? why not fix that first before trying to dig another hole?
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    So, do any of these suggestions sound reasonable, DoD?
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    docseventy wrote: »
    - don't take away the existing dq points from players, transfer them to the new system
    - make the new system worth doing for all lvls of players
    - add rewards between the demon/sage card and the useless horse
    - add rewards above the useless horse
    - cycle rewards monthly

as for the problem with botting dq points up to the last patch, it was always possible to kill bots by environment, also it was possible and did work to just take screens or vids and report those accounts. so no problem there actually.

now just one question: how come the idea to "fix" something that is not really badly broken while since the last "expansion" there are a ton of things like missing digs and npc, broken quests, annoying censorship etc. that are really broken? why not fix that first before trying to dig another hole?

You personally don't see them, but the PWI support team probably gets hundreds, or thousands of emails about the DQ system. As DoD stated, the new system will be up to date and working more smoothly (or will be eventually, i'm sure it will have bugs, but new things have that). But this also gives the community a chance to get their ideas used in this program, which i think is great.