Morai Server info

Options
Fireflame - Dreamweaver
Fireflame - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Good Day Everyone,

Please move this if im at the wrong place , but I thought of this as an general discussion.
I cant find any thread under server discussion for the Europe server ( Morai one )

I would like to know how active the server is and if there is many PK ect on there, Also , if there is more English players than other languages. How active is the TW as well ?

Ive started an Asassin and i will be going PK/merchanting and TW ect.

Some answers from players on this server will be appreciated.
Post edited by Fireflame - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Antigone - Morai
    Antigone - Morai Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Good Day Everyone,

Please move this if im at the wrong place , but I thought of this as an general discussion.
    I cant find any thread under server discussion for the Europe server ( Morai one )

I would like to know how active the server is and if there is many PK ect on there, Also , if there is more English players than other languages. How active is the TW as well ?
    I

Hey,
    playing on Morai/Momaganon since begin I have to say after merge it's way more active than before, although we have still fewest player what I saw and heard.
    But it's enough to do sth, you mostly find squads (atleast for 100+ stuff) and atleast Archo is not totally empty :P

I don't PK except in TW and NW but activity here depents it seems. Somedays there are meetings of PK-Players on Westgate, then there is no PK for days.

Mainlanguages are english/german/french but aswell a few others like russian and hungarian f.e. Mostly you should be ok with english.

TW is atm very mixed (reset was 2 weeks ago) but there are mostly only a few big TW-factions in the end like about 3.
    Antigone - Demon Cleric - 105|103+|102+ (Yush, the avatar is a lieb:cry)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    TW is atm very mixed (reset was 2 weeks ago) but there are mostly only a few big TW-factions in the end like about 3.

I'm really curious to know which ones... As you said we're at the beginning of a new season so things might be different this time, but for last season there was clearly one TW faction who was a lot stronger than the other ones. Morai is the only server where one guild ended with all the cities on the map.

I would say that there was (maybe still is) :
    - One huge faction that dominates the server
    - One very big faction that can't do anything against that one currently, but who is a lot above all the other ones
    - 3-5 big factions (there has been some moves, so waiting to see that) that could fight each others in 1-3 hours TW
    - Some underdogs that could play a role when there will be some ganks between/against the 3-5 factions above.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    There were about 5 major factions on the map in the end: Requiem, Absolve, Revision, DeStress... forgot about the one, it was up in the northeast corner. Think it was Vindicate. Absolve went a little silly in the territory wars before the reset, seems they chose fun over function, figuring it didn't matter anymore...

I've not played on other servers, but there's plenty of players on Morai. Mhh... thought for the suggestion box: List players online on the server status page, per server.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would like to know how active the server is

It's active for 100+ stuff (like most servers I suppose, haven't been on my old US server in a while). The low-times are more noticable then I was used to on US servers though, since pretty much everyone is in the same timezones. It's active enought to get things done in random squads from wc without seeing the exact same ppl every day b:chuckle
    and if there is many PK ect on there,

I'm not a PK fan, but yeah, there are ppl white named. A few horrible ***holes, a bunch of attention seekers, a bunch of fixed PKers and some that go from time to time. Nothing really special, it's not dead but you will find the same ppl mostly.
    Also , if there is more English players than other languages.

With English only, you'll do perfectly fine. WC is sometimes French/German, but not to much. Most random squads speak English. There are just more FR/DE-factions then on the US servers.
    How active is the TW as well ?

Last season showed :
    - 1 dominant faction nobody can beat atm. The 2nd place faction from Lothranis merged into the 1st place faction of Momaganon. The gear + number difference makes that they just tab-roll anyone on the server since merge.
    - 2 old top factions, 1 of each server, that have both been persecuted by the previous. Both have suffered quite a bit from that. The old Momaganon one is rebuilding again, but not a match for the dominant faction yet. The old Lothranis one (got persecuted later in the season) is in a bit of a down-point, we'll see if they come back or not (in current shape, they are no match for the one from Momaganon, but a few months ago that was opposite).
    - A couple of bigger factions that keep a spot on the map while not being really a super active TW faction. They mainly have fun among eachother unless they are to close to one of the previous 3.
    - Some smaller factions that take gank opportunities from time to time.

Things are quite unstable though. Merge made many try out factions from the other half of the server and stuff like that. The dominant faction is atm the only one that has a stable 80 ppl on the map each war and has the largest number of +10 geared r9/g16 ppl. The merge of 2 top TW factions kinda killed the TW imo, but I'm biaised b:cute
  • Antigone - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm really curious to know which ones... As you said we're at the beginning of a new season so things might be different this time, but for last season there was clearly one TW faction who was a lot stronger than the other ones. Morai is the only server where one guild ended with all the cities on the map.

I think things could be stay the same...Requiem, Absolve and Revision with most territories in the end but not sure if one of the last 2 will try to fight Requiem again. Maybe some bigger factions merge, that would be actually interesting finally again in TW :)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    There were about 5 major factions on the map in the end: Requiem, Absolve, Revision, DeStress... forgot about the one, it was up in the northeast corner. Think it was Vindicate. .

Elysium !!!

And Templer ended up with more territory than DeStreSS by the way (even if I admit that DeStreSS is probably stronger than them)

Edit : @Antigone : we'll have the answer in six months but I wouldn't bet on the same Top3 (top2 should remain the same though)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think things could be stay the same...Requiem, Absolve and Revision with most territories in the end but not sure if one of the last 2 will try to fight Requiem again. Maybe some bigger factions merge, that would be actually interesting finally again in TW :)

sorry if this is considered as spam, but i find it kinda pathetic to hear such a comment from a person that left the weaker faction to join the dominating one.
    back then in my ego-shooter time we called such people "WTJ" (winning team joiner)
    you guys got LOADs of them - you are definately one of them.
    now complaining about TW not being a challenge for you is just stupid.

also "i heard we have the lowest population" is such an objective statement, the OP will be very grateful to read that.
    ya know, i heard the pope was not straight.
    as i stated before, i played and still log on different servers and we are surely not the one with the lowest population b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Antigone - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    sorry if this is considered as spam, but i find it kinda pathetic to hear such a comment from a person that left the weaker faction to join the dominating one.
    back then in my ego-shooter time we called such people "WTJ" (winning team joiner)
    you guys got LOADs of them - you are definately one of them.
    now complaining about TW not being a challenge for you is just stupid.

So cute how you always try to start drama :)sadly wont work cuz I will do the same, I always do: ignoring you after this post...but well, you don't even know my reasons to leave, moreover it wasn't in Revision's bad times, nor did I complain, just pointing out what COULD be, but if that's your opinion, live with it, idc about you anyway, just saying ^-^
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Regarding "boring TW", I must add that I personally really enjoyed the last TW we had in Elysium at the end of the season. I'm not surprised that this wasn't the same in some otherfactions but this can't be generalized to whole server.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • imdivine
    imdivine Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It sounds kind of unfair to talk about Requiem that way. They did not start out the strongest faction but beat down the strongest faction after week after week of slowly getting stronger.

At times other factions have been able to get as strong as Requiem being able to beat them from time to time but those factions seem to always run into trouble with members at some point and losing strength. Requiem been able to stay strong even through those times in difference to other factions that broke up after their peak.

Requiem might be the strongest right now again and that of course means some people will want to get on the bandwagon (Ranknine for example joined Requiem and applied several times to join. Sadly got kicked out for being drama.) but the core of Requiem are still many of the same people that was in faction when it worked itself up the ranks 2 years ago.

There are many other factions that are very strong too. Revision and Absolve was both strong last season of TW. Requiem has a unity and team play that is hard to match and seems like they got the most experience too. There was a video recently where Requiem defended with only 10 players against another top faction and that showed a lot the difference in team work between the two factions. Especially once the other members of Requiem joined that battle after being in a second battle. The faction that had the number advantage before now scattered like flies and seemed to only make singly person attacks against the whole Requiem force. Teamwork is the key to another faction being able to challenge Requiem.

if many of the non-drama TW members of Revision, Absolve, Destress, Templar and so on come together then I think they could very easily get to the level of Requiem quite fast and maybe even pass them. Especially if they can get a few wins and maybe cause some problems between the alliance of momagannon and lothranis within Requiem.

After the failed 3 faction gank against Requiem last season all other factions gave up but surely they will soon want to test their strength again.

PK goes a bit up and down. There are quite many white named but there is hardly any organised PK and it often splits up quite fast when someone overpowered shows up and cleans up.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @imdivine : That on TW is just really stupid. No faction starts at the top. Requiem now isn't Requiem that started on Momaganon. They absorbed Reign. It's obvious that was to crush their respective rivals and that clearly showed during the 1st season on the merged server. Requiem and Reign decided to merge knowing very well that Reign would give up their identity and all would give up any chance for +/- balanced TW battles in order to crush their old rivals from seperate servers (and maybe simply to be the strongest without serious resistance).

For now, none of those serious members of the other factions thought it was worth leaving their identity and faction just to fight that 1 faction that is so much stronger now. There was a somewhat attempt in Absolve, but most seem to prefer simply not to bother. Most of the fights that don't involve Requiem are fun. Why would others have to change things just because Requiem and Reign made that choice ? I'm not going to change factions cause Requiem members are bored of their PvE battles b:laugh
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Regarding languages you should do absolutely fine with English, most people on the server speak it very well. You will make friends with people from all over so the few times other languages are spoken in chat you will almost defiantly have a friend happy enough to translate for you or already doing it!

I wasnt able to attend this TW season, sounds like drama as per usual. But this pretty much sums it up how it got there:
    trands wrote: »
    @imdivine : That on TW is just really stupid. No faction starts at the top. Requiem now isn't Requiem that started on Momaganon. They absorbed Reign. It's obvious that was to crush their respective rivals and that clearly showed during the 1st season on the merged server. Requiem and Reign decided to merge knowing very well that Reign would give up their identity and all would give up any chance for +/- balanced TW battles in order to crush their old rivals from seperate servers (and maybe simply to be the strongest without serious resistance). It is a pity Absolve crushed Regin just before the merge, i think the TW scene would be really different if Regin were not scared in to a joining Requiem soon after the server merge. We could of seen some pretty even 4 faction fights.

For now, none of those serious members of the other factions thought it was worth leaving their identity and faction just to fight that 1 faction that is so much stronger now. There was a somewhat attempt in Absolve, but most seem to prefer simply not to bother. Most of the fights that don't involve Requiem are fun. Why would others have to change things just because Requiem and Reign made that choice ? I'm not going to change factions cause Requiem members are bored of their PvE battles b:laugh

Out of the servers I have played I would say morai has the nicest community. However I might be a bit biased!!! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It is a pity Absolve crushed Regin just before the merge, i think the TW scene would be really different if Regin were not scared in to a joining Requiem soon after the server merge. We could of seen some pretty even 4 faction fights.

dear unholly, you prolly missed last TW Reign had vs Absolve right before merge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfQyAIGkZ2U

after Reign ex-leader, founder and officers left faction to join direct rivals (Absolve)

we had our hard times ofc, but we rebuilt, geared up and became strongest faction on Lothranis server when merge happened.

Faction merge happened simply because we were a bunch of players w\o a real management since it all left and joined Absolve.
    Also when merge happened Revision was the dominating faction on Momaganon, and not Requiem.

If you are concerned if Morai server is funny or not just check my youtube channell:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZvXx4_OHr4m0X2CILVZ36Q/videos

we had a mixed teams 5v5 pk @ west right yesterday i recorded and i ll put it up soon on my channell

and this is how you crash a triple gank b:victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cz6IejvNx4

i currently have toons in other servers aswell, and honestly on morai is where i am having the major fun atm.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2013
    Options
    imdivine wrote: »
    It sounds kind of unfair to talk about Requiem that way. They did not start out the strongest faction but beat down the strongest faction after week after week of slowly getting stronger.

At times other factions have been able to get as strong as Requiem being able to beat them from time to time but those factions seem to always run into trouble with members at some point and losing strength. Requiem been able to stay strong even through those times in difference to other factions that broke up after their peak.

Requiem might be the strongest right now again and that of course means some people will want to get on the bandwagon (Ranknine for example joined Requiem and applied several times to join. Sadly got kicked out for being drama.) but the core of Requiem are still many of the same people that was in faction when it worked itself up the ranks 2 years ago.
    you, sir, are an excellent troll.

first off, requiem got beaten by sacred in TW 2 years ago.
    what happened the following week? the requiem leader invited the circle and guardians leaders (medium strong factions that had borders to sacred back then) into teamspeak and they organized a gank on sacred (and thats the funny part, when requiem cries about GANK GANK nowadays).
    he even counted down from 3 to 0 for the stacked bid back then, this is confirmed by the old circle and guardians leaders.

those continiuos ganks destroyed sacred back then and requiem absorbed some of their members and is know as the most powerful faction since then.

secondly...i did what? i have never been in requiem nor have i ever applied, why would i suddenly want to be part of a faction with a leader that kept 50% of tw pays (whoever asked where it went, got kicked or left the faction) and a community that spreads dq/herb/catshop bots amomg their members?

and the "core" of requiem is not there anymore but as i said, nice trolling skills.

and @Antigone
    you started to ignore me when i found your sin "grinding" in the desert, eh?
    id be pissed too :)

to the OP: as you can see, we are just like every other server :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Crixxy - Momaganon
    Crixxy - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    holly come back b:cryb:cryb:cry I miss you b:sad
    i promise you i'll fight u b:cute
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    at least from now, server is more balanced ;)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• aegonvi87
    aegonvi87 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Antigone nooooo b:bye I don't believe it. b:thanks

So..RankNine you're the only decent and honest person left, right? b:victory

...and what happened in Requiem today?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2013
    Options
    aegonvi87 wrote: »
    Antigone nooooo b:bye I don't believe it. b:thanks

So..RankNine you're the only decent and honest person left, right? b:victory

...and what happened in Requiem today?

most of the old reign-member from lothranis left today.
    basically 90% of requiems current tw force :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    at least from now, server is more balanced ;)

Perfect timing b:chuckle

We were wondering if things may be like last season or not.. I guess it won't.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    90% of the force? holly molly where have i been?
    *checks faction list*
    god damit only bank chars left in faction...
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2013
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    90% of the force? holly molly where have i been?
    *checks faction list*
    god damit only bank chars left in faction...

let me rephrase...90%of the first row fighters ;)
    you belong the the other 10%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unholly - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    dear unholly, you prolly missed last TW Reign had vs Absolve right before merge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfQyAIGkZ2U

after Reign ex-leader, founder and officers left faction to join direct rivals (Absolve)

we had our hard times ofc, but we rebuilt, geared up and became strongest faction on Lothranis server when merge happened.

Faction merge happened simply because we were a bunch of players w\o a real management since it all left and joined Absolve.
    Also when merge happened Revision was the dominating faction on Momaganon, and not Requiem.

Yellow hot, the crushing defeat I was referring to was the winning of that TW seasons despite Reign being pretty much set out to win it. So when challenged setting up multiple 4 way ganks on Absolve and only managed to slow them that season. I think most considered the TWs after season end as a bit non factor but maybe just me. I believe our sign up drive dropped considerably though and we were using our more junior TW leaders.

This is the reason from what I saw that the merger happened, from both the top factions having their #1 position threatened right before Morai and so joining up in fear even though as you just showed in your video that they were able to handle it on their own. Of course being an Absolve member my view maybe a bit skewed but that was what it sounded like from our side and my friends in Reign at the time.

@Crixxy, I look forward to it for the next time I log, doubt ill be able to give you a good fight im going to be super rusty! :P

@OP
    to the OP: as you can see, we are just like every other server :)

This, Come join us! We are nice and dont bite..... much :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuboSilistra - Morai
    LuboSilistra - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    it's active i got hellped alot,there was no fc that often/lvling servises before merging
    now it's good.
    And as for langueges there are a lot of france,german,english it's mixed but english is common for all servers as u know
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yellow hot, the crushing defeat I was referring to was the winning of that TW seasons despite Reign being pretty much set out to win it. So when challenged setting up multiple 4 way ganks on Absolve and only managed to slow them that season. I think most considered the TWs after season end as a bit non factor but maybe just me. I believe our sign up drive dropped considerably though and we were using our more junior TW leaders.

This is the reason from what I saw that the merger happened, from both the top factions having their #1 position threatened right before Morai and so joining up in fear even though as you just showed in your video that they were able to handle it on their own. Of course being an Absolve member my view maybe a bit skewed but that was what it sounded like from our side and my friends in Reign at the time.

@Crixxy, I look forward to it for the next time I log, doubt ill be able to give you a good fight im going to be super rusty! :P

@OP

This, Come join us! We are nice and dont bite..... much :D

fyi faction merge was decided at the moment when Reign lost leaders-officers-members... a lot of months before Server Merge.

we've suddendly found ourselves w\ no clues, no orga, no management -> merge

and yes, when we decided faction merge, at that time, we ofc were not strong at all (40ish ppl for tws)

When server and faction merge happened, Reign was strongest faction on french server, i dont think we could've beaten Revision for how Reign was right before Server Merge tho.

But i am sure we could've handled easily any other faction, Absolve and Requiem itself like i was always sure and affirmed around that Requiem could've been able to easily triple defend major factions on server right after faction merge.

Also i dont remember precisely but i am pretty sure Reign lost 1 or 2 seasons due to Initium and Absolve fake bids.

Anyway this current season will be a lot more "fun" and balanced, thank us b:laugh
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    And at least this brings some animation on the forum for the moment. Maybe we will deserve to finally have a Morai section here in order to replace our deserted Lothranis or Momaganon forum. b:thanks
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    also rankings faks sake
    im really curious about my new kdr after last season b:chuckle
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Unholly - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    fyi faction merge was decided at the moment when Reign lost leaders-officers-members... a lot of months before Server Merge.

we've suddendly found ourselves w\ no clues, no orga, no management -> merge

and yes, when we decided faction merge, at that time, we ofc were not strong at all (40ish ppl for tws)

When server and faction merge happened, Reign was strongest faction on french server, i dont think we could've beaten Revision for how Reign was right before Server Merge tho.

But i am sure we could've handled easily any other faction, Absolve and Requiem itself like i was always sure and affirmed around that Requiem could've been able to easily triple defend major factions on server right after faction merge.

Yes and that was basically my point. The merger was basically built around the time Absolve showed they could take Reign land and were not phased by ganks that were organised against them. I was saying it was a pity that the pressure from other factions made Reign feel that they needed to dissolve in to another faction.

But you got organised before the merge, became the strongest faction on Loth but still felt you were in a position where you needed to merge in to a weaker faction from another server and lose your faction identity?

Ah well anyway, sounds like rumours of more balanced out factions next season? Should be fun! :D

EDIT: Send a ticket asking for your KDR. Think thats a thing! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2013
    Options

Ah well anyway, sounds like rumours of more balanced out factions next season? Should be fun! :D

they left requiem. most of them ;)
    their new faction is called Crisis, probably not very unknown to you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]