sage bm's became AA :D

Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Blademaster
So with the new engravings and titles and all im beginning to stand at 30k+ m deff in marrow easily.. seems funny that now an ha classes worst enemy is another phy class :D also the new accuracy from titles allow even lower dex (that is if u chose to be axe only) .. seems funny a bm packs most mdeff now.. whats ur take on the titles and engravings are you planning on restats or thinking of swapping to diff ornies? Discuss..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
- Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
Post edited by Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im gonna say that if you run around with magical marrow on, expect to get one shot by barbs, archers, maybe clerics, sins and maybe other BMs. Marrow is a double edged sword, and just cause you can reach immense amounts of m.def, itll leave you very open for other damage
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im gonna say that if you run around with magical marrow on, expect to get one shot by barbs, archers, maybe clerics, sins and maybe other BMs. Marrow is a double edged sword, and just cause you can reach immense amounts of m.def, itll leave you very open for other damage

that wud be the case unless i also had way past 25k+ p deff while in mag marrow too b:laugh
    + theres things like p deff charms ftw
    besides only class i dont mag marrow agains is sin and barb and bm in 1v1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As much as p.def charms would help you while in magical marrow, the interval between a physical hit and a magical hit is rather significant, and defense charms got cooldowns. To put it this way: You cant spam p.def charms 1.5 times a second. But you can spam m.def charms every few seconds. Theres also classes that got two types of damage, like archers, seekers, clerics, and the odd veno(either by fox form or arcane antitomy). I often see BMs use a marrow and it ends up being their bane ^^*
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Demon BM with +8 ave refines and no NW gear yet and I roll with about 21k of both when buffed and with mag marrow on. When I get +10 refines and some NW gear I'll be around 25k mdef/pdef and 30k+pdef/25kmdef bell spamming. Combine that with 21k hp and 60 def levels. Neither type of damage will I be really weak to.

And spamming magic charms are much easier because most skills have 2-3 seconds channel+cast/animation, the harder hitting ones are longer. If you're an magic charm junky (to rich for me) then you'll rarely ever take more than 2 skills in a row without a magic charm unless its multiple attackers. Classes like BM and Barb tend to have quicker channeling like Tiger Maw (1.1 second channel+cast).

Sage BMs have awesome marrows at very endgame (r9t3 and decent refines). I'm not even sure I'd feel safe with g16 and sage marrows though. I don't envy their bell and prefer demon, and until very late game I prefer demon marrows.

In group pvp, live with magic marrow on.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    even b4 the new engravings a sage bm with sage marrows/aura could hit (with only self buffs) 19.5k+ pdeff/30k+mdeff (once ur going over +10 refines mind) idk what sorta OPness the demons hit as my only demon BM past lvl80 is on a private but i imagine its still fairly OP we were originally anti mage's once u stat and gear appropriately marrows aint as big a "double edged sword" ppl think they are
  • PlsStahp - Sanctuary
    PlsStahp - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i once fcced with a sage bm.

he was noob.
    edited October 2013

he was noob.

wow thank for sharing, you ran into a noob god in pwi are you sure??
  • tipsynostalgic
    tipsynostalgic Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wow thank for sharing, you ran into a noob god in pwi are you sure??

Gee hehe noobs in PWI?

God forbids :3

b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013

he was noob.

This has been pretty much my experience, too. It's like, if you were paying attention and knew about your class you would have gone demon. Obviously you weren't paying attention. Or people just wanted to be different, which is fine as long as they're having fun but it does make them look stupid.

However, this conversation did make me think sages aren't quite as far behind as I thought. I'd still say demon is a better culti for both pvp and pve but I'm no longer as anti-sage as I used to be. Sage even come into their own at super endgame and I like their marrows and chi conservation. There are still just too many things I'd miss out on not having demon, like crit (DS, GS, masteries), crowd control (more reliable RotP with reduced cd), better stuns (7.5 second DB, 14 second cd for RotP for a near perfect stunlock in only 2 skills), and of course the 9 second HF. In pve in a squad thats 150% more damage, in 1v1 its the difference of 2-3 skills and 4-5 skills during HF for a much better chance of finishing, and in TW its huge. Considering server lag and considerable game lag the HF wont even appear until a second after the user has cast it. A second later you've targeted and began casting, 2-3 seconds later your skills lands. Usually that means only 1 attack per person during a 6 second HF. With demon HF you have a 7 second a good chance to get 3+ attacks for everyone.

Not saying demon stomps sage entirely anymore. Just saying that for most of the things a bm is good at or selected for, demon wins. All the scenarios listed above require lots of chi, and sage has the advantage there. One of the few skills that I really like (now that I'm r9t3) are the sage marrows. Below r9t3 or about +8 refines though they're somewhat suicidal.

Will edit post my super endgame demon BM build later to compare resistances.
    +12 buffed demon bm that I'm looking at for endgame. Only did +21 str for ring and neck rengravings, other stats are adds from other pieces.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I really wish this was the case, but...I have never one shot a bm who used magic marrow.

The thing is though, once I purge their magic marrow off and then cast a metal attack, that's when the bm gets charm-bypassed which is roughly 9-27k damage, depending on his ornaments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wanna say when it comes to sage vs demon BM, if you think marrows are a factor at all, you're a dolt. I've argued my point 384928 times of why I like sage more and that it's even with demon, but nobody seems to understand. A lot of sage BMs simply do it wrong. LadyBlondeh is the kind of sage BM that once said on world chat that sage HF is better, which is so wrong that it hurt my brain and made me want to convert back to demon just because of the association.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    The thing is though, once I purge their magic marrow off and then cast a metal attack, that's when the bm gets charm-bypassed which is roughly 9-27k damage
    Think they should make marrows unpurgable, personally. There are several self buffs that don't get purged now, like SoV. I just think marrows should be one of them. Others might argue that once purged of bell that a magic marrow might be a death sentence in group pvp, dunno.
    Just wanna say when it comes to sage vs demon BM, if you think marrows are a factor at all, you're a dolt. I've argued my point 384928 times of why I like sage more and that it's even with demon, but nobody seems to understand.

Marrows are a huge factor until endgame defenses, but once you have endgame def I actually like sage marrow better for pvp.

For pve though I dunno, I still think demon bell + demon marrow is a much better balance since you tend to get mixed mobs or mobs that do ranged magic and melee physical. I kind of feel the way you feel about sage marrows about demon bell.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Think they should make marrows unpurgable, personally. There are several self buffs that don't get purged now, like SoV. I just think marrows should be one of them. Others might argue that once purged of bell that a magic marrow might be a death sentence in group pvp, dunno.

Marrows are a huge factor until endgame defenses, but once you have endgame def I actually like sage marrow better for pvp.

For pve though I dunno, I still think demon bell + demon marrow is a much better balance since you tend to get mixed mobs or mobs that do ranged magic and melee physical. I kind of feel the way you feel about sage marrows about demon bell.

Agree with marrows and purge.

Also, the reasons you stated is why marrows are pretty non-factor for culti. When I was demon and I had lesser gear the demon marrows were nice.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited October 2013
    >.> BM's sould be unpurgable period too many foxes always on the other side in TW and NW no matter how many i FL theres always more to come and ruin my day b:cryb:cry
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    On venos, I seriously think marrows shouldn't be purgable...
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Against OP venos without nullify poison on your genie = death.