Wizard Vs Sin

Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Wizard
For all of the best wizard out there, whats your advice on this one?

I been dueling my friend and i can beat him in one shot if no deaden nerves are used.

But if we have a duel where he uses deaden nerves and tidal protection right before starting duel i tend to lose D: well i can AD but i get yelled for that...

So what is the best way to beat sins?b:laugh
Post edited by Peterpeterm - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For all of the best wizard out there, whats your advice on this one?

I been dueling my friend and i can beat him in one shot if no deaden nerves are used.

But if we have a duel where he uses deaden nerves and tidal protection right before starting duel i tend to lose D: well i can AD but i get yelled for that...

So what is the best way to beat sins?b:laugh

Stop letting him get to you about using your resources to your advantage. If you have AD...use it. It is not being a bad player or a noob. It is being smart and using invulnerability when big hits are coming.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ignore whoever yells at you for using genie.. it is not only perfectly acceptable, you'd be a moron for not using it. Also try fighting the sin in world pvp.. duels give the sin a HUGE advantage. You have no access to charm.. so they can use their first hit advantage and just slowly poke you down with control skills until you eventually die. There is no balance in duels, don't worry if you have trouble in them.

If you do want help in the future, it would be a good idea to include what gear you have (ideally a pwcalc) and maybe a little more of a description of the situation you are struggling with.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    where's your bestfriend Nurfed_You, Adroit. Do you miss him?
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    on open map u can use tactical reversion to win a few seconds of distance, also Ice prison can keep him in his place really easy, and ofc u could just sutra and even if deaden saves him once, he will die in next hit... btw, do you have arcane defense? is a must against sins, they cant DPS you that way.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And that othe wiz morai skill blinding blaze or something and using the broke op genie skill spark
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sin will wipe out everything except got R9 which is end game gear
    I don't like it to be honest.
    but maybe it's just developer's strategy for everyone buying R9

with the balance at the end game gear only
    b:sweat

oh hey what is it?
    am I QQ ing here? b:avoid
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    endgame sage sins faceroll any other class in 1on1 no matter what

you have a 30 secs window every 90 seconds where you could be able to kill the sin...

any decent sin just wont allow you to take advantage of that 30 secs, and herpderp you.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it me or is juicybluca obsessed with the sage sin hate b:sweat
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Sins do not faceroll every other class at end game.. yeah it is annoying to kill them through tidal, but if you can get to a certain point where you are able to tank them reasonably well (as in they are unable to kill you without sparking/major debuffs).. it really takes away that huge advantage they seem to have at lesser gears. I think it is kinda how it should be, when I fight maxed sins that are garbage.. I drop them in 30sec to 5 mins.. maxed sins that are good can really take a while. I remember some where they went on for over 45 mins before one of us killed the other.

I know the same thing applies to several other classes as well, I don't think psychics or archers will ever have a chance against a competent end game sin.. but bms/barbs/seekers/wiz/ep definitely have a good shot at killing sins. I'd actually argue several of these classes actually have an advantage against a sin in a 1v1. I'm really not sure how sin vs mystic/veno would go though,
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ignore whoever yells at you for using genie.. it is not only perfectly acceptable, you'd be a moron for not using it. Also try fighting the sin in world pvp.. duels give the sin a HUGE advantage. You have no access to charm.. so they can use their first hit advantage and just slowly poke you down with control skills until you eventually die. There is no balance in duels, don't worry if you have trouble in them.

If you do want help in the future, it would be a good idea to include what gear you have (ideally a pwcalc) and maybe a little more of a description of the situation you are struggling with.

This agreed with every bit of it, if he can't compete with the ad... how can he grow/be somewhat 'ready' for what other opponents might throw at him? Better to learn slowly in duels as a way to see what others might throw at you, if you can overcome the 1 on 1 fights it in turn... in the end makes you slightly better prepared for pk. (He should be finding a way to get past your ad)... EDIT: +1.. for you for adhering to those rules, and trying to overcome him by seeking help on forums instead of just ignoring him/qqing about not being able to use AD. (In other words I can so see you going a lot further in game than he ever will... especially on that sin in pvp. )

One on 1 fights... the atmosphere, skills needed, and so many other intangibles things change when you go from 1 on 1 fights, into mass pvp. It is undoubtedly true some classes do FAR better in 1 on 1/solo fights than in mass pvp. Though the same can be said of the opposite... some classes really struggle in 1 on 1 fights to most classes... but they really start to shine and then some in mass pvp.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm really not sure how sin vs mystic/veno would go though,

Back when r9+g15 Nirvana were end-game, I could do pretty well as a mystic vs. sins. ofc, r9rr came and well...yeah. b:surrender But it stands that end-game mystics stand a relatively good chance vs. end-game sins due to spammable CC with little to no cost, a good bit of defensive skills, and well, the ability to guarantee a crit every 60 seconds (not to mention the summon you'd probably be leeching most often in a sin fight increases crit rate by 30% in addition to the 100% pdef increase). You can see where I'm going with this, though ofc, you'd have to get through nerves first...

Venos I'd think would also have a decent shot at it, but most venos just play as a purge bot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you want an honest answer, you will always be at a disadvantage vs sins, this will also apply to archers because a wizard is weakest vs those two classes. A wizard is based on their ability to buff themselves and debuff their opponents. Archer have many ways of avoiding debuffs and can purge you. Sins have tidal protection and can stun and seal you for infinite amounts of time because of a wizard's low hp and the ability of a sin to zerk crit you will always be at a disadvantage to them. Try pvping against a class like a seeker, you will find it easier.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    If you want an honest answer, you will always be at a disadvantage vs sins, this will also apply to archers because a wizard is weakest vs those two classes. A wizard is based on their ability to buff themselves and debuff their opponents. Archer have many ways of avoiding debuffs and can purge you. Sins have tidal protection and can stun and seal you for infinite amounts of time because of a wizard's low hp and the ability of a sin to zerk crit you will always be at a disadvantage to them. Try pvping against a class like a seeker, you will find it easier.

Please don't post about pvp related stuff if you have no idea what pvp is like.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013

nah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jjN3sj-w4

of course sins have a huge advantage early on, when everyone is in TT90 and nirvy/r8, but fast forward to G16 with morai skills and they're not nearly as OP anymore
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If you want an honest answer, you're dumb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you want an honest answer, you're dumb.

u better lvl up faster n00b - or no extra points for ya !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    u better lvl up faster n00b - or no extra points for ya !

I don't really care about this game that much anymore.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)