What Happened To DQ.. (Non-QQ thread)

SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Keep in mind, this is my opinion, not actual fact.

It is, however, based on several years of experience with game companies, and a familiarity with PWE's GM's, CM's, and past discussions with them, and from their discussions with management and with Wanmei.

Based on all of that, here's the breakdown on what I think happened...

1. Wanmei decided to just introduce an official bot because it's something people want.

2. Knowing what that would do to our in-game economy, they decided to phase out our DQ points.

3. They changed our files to remove the points in the description as a first step in this process.

4. They sent up the server patch files, and didn't bother to tell anyone at PWE about this.

5. We rage on the forum, our GM's start asking, Geno updates the patch notes.

In the end, we're just getting the shaft, again, because of the heavy botting and farming on the CN servers that completely **** up their in-game economy. It's why we've had all the NPC prices change, and why DQ items are essentially worthless NPC'ing now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SylenThunder - Twilight Temple on

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Keep in mind, this is my opinion, not actual fact.

It is, however, based on several years of experience with game companies, and a familiarity with PWE's GM's, CM's, and past discussions with them, and from their discussions with management and with Wanmei.

Based on all of that, here's the breakdown on what I think happened...

1. Wanmei decided to just introduce an official bot because it's something people want.

2. Knowing what that would do to our in-game economy, they decided to phase out our DQ points.

3. They changed our files to remove the points in the description as a first step in this process.

4. They sent up the server patch files, and didn't bother to tell anyone at PWE about this.

5. We rage on the forum, our GM's start asking, Geno updates the patch notes.

In the end, we're just getting the shaft, again, because of the heavy botting and farming on the CN servers that completely **** up their in-game economy. It's why we've had all the NPC prices change, and why DQ items are essentially worthless NPC'ing now.

This is a very good sounding summary of why we lost DQ. The biggest issue with this of course is the fact that they never gave us any heads up as to what they were doing. Is it with out a doubt confirmed 100% that we are getting a bot system in game? I have not followed the thread concerning the upcoming update to know that. Also this doesn't excuse PWE for still not releasing the blog that they have promised us. In all fairness the bot program that they give us will probably suck bad and most people that do bot will just continue to use their own bot programs except now they wont get into trouble for it. Again......still waiting for that special blog post that seems to have been a big joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sounds about right, could potentially be the case.
    It's true that most of the issues we get with prices/items nerfs originate from PWCN game.

As far as I can remember, it was Wanmei that gave permission to PWE to implement the DQ point system after PWE requested a form of compensation.
    On top of this, perhaps the inability of Wanmei's developer team to fix the MoG glitch may have lead to its removal from the DQ system too.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What I don't understand:
    I thought cn servers are more crowded and they have only pvp servers.
    Why the hell do they have a bot issue??
    ==> do those servers also have a community which doesn't care?
    ==> do they also have no GMs which don't care about tickets?

And what's the reason for removing mirage boxes in HH?
    We need keys to open them anyway = no issue with perma bots (= max. 360k per day and account).

What's the next step? Lowering NPC mirage celestone value to 100 coins?

Btw, do they have to be online to let those in-game bots run?
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    but DQ points are NATIVE to our game, they don't exist in china and are not subject to change by china. it is separate from the game even, PWE made a process to extract info about those items and pts are managed EXTERNALLY.

PWE did this of their own volition, in a manner that proves they don't know what they are doing, and we are proving that ultimately it won't matter because it will not effect their bottom line.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    but DQ points are NATIVE to our game, they don't exist in china and are not subject to change by china. it is separate from the game even, PWE made a process to extract info about those items and pts are managed EXTERNALLY.

PWE did this of their own volition, in a manner that proves they don't know what they are doing, and we are proving that ultimately it won't matter because it will not effect their bottom line.

They USED to exist in china so what is ur point really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Umm..as far as I know we got DQ point system after Wanmei gave PWE the permission. I remember Frankie saying something like that...I'd have to dig up the post but I'm about to sleep.

It was also reported that Wanmei ordered PWE to remove MoGs from DQ point system, albeit I don't know how true that is. What is definitely confirmed though is that the Golden Steed horse was "designed" by Wanmei's developers for us (even if it's just a recolour) so they do get involved with it somewhat.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013

It was also reported that Wanmei ordered PWE to remove MoGs from DQ point system, albeit I don't know how true that is.

MoG Glitch. Turning the untradeable MoGs from DQ rewards into tradeable ones.
    Oh, and of coruse they wouldn't want their R9 to be directly farm-able, heh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    MoG Glitch. Turning the untradeable MoGs from DQ rewards into tradeable ones.
    Oh, and of coruse they wouldn't want their R9 to be directly farm-able, heh...

I mentioned it in my first post, perhaps they didn't know how to fix it so the best fix they could find is remove it. Of course it's just rumors/theories. I don't even care at this point since it's in the past.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is pretty much what I think happened too. :\ If the existence of a native bot program is true, this isn't going to be pretty. In another unmentioned PWE game I beta tested, the bot program made the game feel a lot less like an mmo, since once people discovered it they'd afk with it running and no one would want to squad for quests or they'd run into your mobs. It made farming for good pets pretty annoying. Or in many cases you'd come across hordes of corpses. I also sort of had a feeling that they were adding a bot program as soon as Auto-pot came out.

As much as I dislike the removal of DQ points, I'm kind of interested in what they plan to do in response to this (if anything), since it seems like a pretty universal "WHAT!?" from us here in PWI.

b:avoid If I was ever going to set up shop to buy DQ for orders, I guess now would be the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They USED to exist in china so what is ur point really?

my point is that people keep commenting that this is due to china's influence when the system itself is maintained and run independent from china. this whole debacle is the fault of PWE and not wanmei.

i'm not too sure about the DQ pt system being used in china, from what i have read and seen this was a unique system put into place because of the nerf that emigrated over here with an update. china's influence with the system was limited to a particular item (MOGs) as far as we can prove.