Light armor psyhic?

a21d34hategy
a21d34hategy Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Psychic
Hi, i made a light armor psy after my experiences. I think the arcane psy shots too many, and always steals aggro, and cause of the weak defense (and that negative def lv), they always die in first lines.
On lv90, this psy is fine cool i think, im pleased, when all the arcanes die in bigroom in the boss aoe, and i shot as same as a wizzie or a cleric. And those crits!
But many people are just laughing, that this is a fail build. But i love this! and i want to try a LA wizzie later.
Its funny for me when my lv90 psy with TT80 can beat even the lv100 players in NW if they dont have g16.
Anyone have experiences on an endgame LA psy (or wizzie)?
Post edited by a21d34hategy on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My experience with LA on a caster? It sucks. Your damage is crippled and you're weak to both kinds of attacks.

Controlling agro? Just learn how to do it or kill stuff before it touches you. Psys even got the failproof way with white voodoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Your"level 100 players" that "don't have G16" are usually G15/G16 weapon with TT90 armor, i.e. literally no different from you if you have the buff + hit first.

Aggro: You suck if you can't control aggro with a full mag caster.

Weak defenses: LA defenses are far, far worse than AA. You get hit equally hard from both types of damage

LA caster gives up 100 points of mag to wear the worst armor in game. That's an entire weapon damage multiplier

AA can concentrate solely on pdef. That's huge.

Now if you came to hear people say how great you are because you're a different special little snowflake then please go away
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Back in the days LA was a viable build for venomancers and wizards (and mystics if they had been there from the start) because they have a way to up their physical defence; fox form and stone barrier respectively. It worked on Clerics too because they have their own physical debuff.

Psychics however have no such buff so the boost you get from LA armor isn't all that amazing but considering how most psychics under lvl100 don't have very good gear or don't have good refines/shards I'll take your word that they probably die too much.

Aggro is something you learn to control though, it's not really related to your build, unless the tank sucks so much that you steal aggro from a single hit.

Once you reach endgame though LA will be your worst choice of armor. Like I said; at the very least venomancers, mystics and wizards have a way to take advantage and up their physical defence through their self buffs/natural skill but a LA psychic in black voodoo will still be squishy.

LA offers mediocre defence for both physical and magic and as a psychic who has nothing to up their defence with will end up being vulnerable to both sides. HA classes usually focus on their magic defence, AA classes focus on their physical defence..but LA? LA classes have to worry about both.

Another thing to consider is that for example an AA class will spam physical defence charms to reduce the damage taken. An HA class will use magic defence charms..but what about LA? they'll need to spam both.

This is, I repeat, because psychics have nothing to up their defence with. White voodoo doesn't count much here since we're talking about the defence per se, not defence levels.

It's probably a fun and goofy build to play with before 100 but once you hit 100 and work for G16 gear (which is best endgame choice after R9) you'll see for yourself it's pretty bad on psychics :P
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi, i made a light armor psy after my experiences. I think the arcane psy shots too many, and always steals aggro, and cause of the weak defense (and that negative def lv), they always die in first lines.
    On lv90, this psy is fine cool i think, im pleased, when all the arcanes die in bigroom in the boss aoe, and i shot as same as a wizzie or a cleric. And those crits!
    But many people are just laughing, that this is a fail build. But i love this! and i want to try a LA wizzie later.
    Its funny for me when my lv90 psy with TT80 can beat even the lv100 players in NW if they dont have g16.
    Anyone have experiences on an endgame LA psy (or wizzie)?
    Ok... here is a realistic answer, an answer beyond all the "arcane armor or gtfo" answers you see above. First and foremost... it is your character to build as you see fit, your time to do with and enjoy (as it is a game) as you see fit, and your money to do with as you see fit... it is all whom oppose that aspect, that can actually gtfo. Do not let anyone tell you differently with respect to that. That being out of the way, let us continue with a real reply to your post...

1. Arcane Armor requires 54-55, possibly 56 str, depending on what your end game set will be. The rest can all go into the magic attribute (personally this is what I have done on my psy, and I advise any psy to do). Beyond that, many even take 50-100 points and place them into vitality and/or 20 or 40 points (but no more) into dex for an extra +1-2% crit. The "all-magic" set-up is the most efficient way of building the caster, but does have its weaknesses that need to either be compensated for through gears and supplies, or be compensated for through the playstyle of the player.

2. Light Armor requires +4 strength AND +4 Dexterity, above your level, at every level. Now there are 2 issues LA runs across.

-- The first should be noticed immediately based on stats being used above and beyond just the magic attribute. Whereas AA uses 54-56 strength and the rest available for magic... the LA uses at 101 (at the point you can use Rank 9+ gear as being best available gears set so far) a total of about 210 points toward any equivalent LA gear set. This does has a major impact on output, but actually can be compensated against.

-- The second issue LA geared casters will run across, is not so noticeable off the bat... LA gear actually gives less overall base physical defense and elemental resistances, when you actually add them up across equal gear sets... but unlike assassins and archers, the other classes are not really designed to compensate for this (And I should add here, with few exceptions).

Another issue only arises IF you decide to go Rank 9+... Rank 9 for each class only comes in one type, for psys, this means arcane armor only. It is simple to restat though if you do decide to go rank 9 at that point, but somewhat costly $-wise for those restat tokens off the cash shop or from cat shops. Given the $ cost of Rank 9 at that point, the cost to restat is chump change tho.

LA build can be done quite well however... but, it (like any other class or build) will take efforts through both time and money to do so at a level which competes at top end game.

3. Heavy Armor requires whatever str and dex it takes to wear HA armors, of which I have not actually looked at the exact numbers on this. But I suggest always preplanning by 10 levels ahead on a constant basis or get stuck either not having enough points for decent gears, or even worse to not have points for a level appropriate weapon. This might actually be fun to play as well, but not really advised.

========================================

EXTRA INFORMATION :

Aggro Control. In order to be able to play a heavy hitting caster class properly, numerous "testing scenarios" are needed.

-- One is to solo the most powerful creatures at the highest levels you can (including in dungeons), self buffed only, at least once in a while. This will give you an idea of your own personal limitations with respect to what you can actually handle.

-- Knowing this, you will be able to comfortably "test against aggro" while in a group scenario, and do so versus creatures you already know your limitations to.

-- This should result in your ability to maintain your aggro to such an extent, whereas you rarely if ever get aggro... or only take aggro briefly and intentionally if the tank and/or healer needs a breather (saying you can actually hold up briefly without causing more issues during a crunch moment).

Do note, sometimes... aggro control is about NOT attacking, yes, just sitting back and doing nothing... for brief moments. Sometimes, aggro control is about "effects-type skills" only. All the time, aggro control is about not single, double or trip sparking at the beginning of that big boss battle... unless you are stupid or wanna show off.

Hope this helps, and just keep that in mind... if you enjoy what you are doing, the nay sayers are the ones that can actually gtfo b:cute

PS. I myself am arcane, wearing Rank 8 recast armor, wielding a Warsoul recast weapon... AND i'm Demon... These are all stated as being fail, idiotic, wasteful, blah blah blah "not end game" choices (by people on the forums here). And yet on Raging Tide, I still take out Rank 9 third casts 1v1 plenty... And I'd take out even more if I was also +12'd and deity/josd across the board... let alone the other upgrades I still have available to make... b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Torrent/Sand Trap OP

dps with 0 aggro that reduces the time when you're actually hitting stuff and building aggro
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • HanyIstok - Morai
    HanyIstok - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks all the replies, they were very useful.
    What i think is in Apostasy's reply: i love it, so i play it :) And i think it's good, if i don't want rank gear.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    or you could just learn to control your aggro and use white voodoo instead of sitting there like the majority of the community in black voodoo stealing aggro and doing something stupid like making a light armour magic DD class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • HanyIstok - Morai
    edited October 2013
    I made some calculations with a lv100 psy.
    This one is a psy in awakened ashura, +3 refine, and 2-2 lv7 garnet, and fully buffed, with sage spark:

HP 6042
    MP 8147
    Vit. 56
    Str. 104
    Mag. 345
    Dex. 148

Physical Atk. 1556-1857
    Magic Atk. 15904-19792
    Critical Rate 13%
    Attack Rate 0.91 /sec
    Accuracy 740
    Evasion 718
    Speed 5.5 m/s
    Attack Lv. 22
    R.Damage 200
    Stealth Lv 0
    Slaying Level 0

Physical Def. 11076
    Elemental
    Metal 10214
    Wood 10214
    Water 10214
    Fire 10214
    Earth 10214
    Defense Lv -10
    Soulforce 15056
    Stealth Detect 100
    Warding Level 0

And this one is the arcane in awakened archangel, same things:

HP 5704
    MP 11525

Vit. 64
    Str. 67
    Mag. 577
    Dex. 17

Physical Atk. 1496-1759
    Magic Atk. 20055-24686
    Critical Rate 3%
    Attack Rate 0.91 /sec
    Accuracy 85
    Evasion 626
    Speed 5.5 m/s
    Attack Lv. 42
    R.Damage 200
    Stealth Lv 0
    Slaying Level 0

Physical Def. 5066
    Elemental
    Metal 16826
    Wood 16826
    Water 16826
    Fire 16826
    Earth 16826
    Defense Lv 4
    Soulforce 15056
    Stealth Detect 100
    Warding Level 0
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    You should have posted a calculator that's kinda confusing x.x and mentioning the type of ornaments would be useful.

On another note, I'm not here to tell you AA or GTFO but what I posted was facts about the LA armor in comparison to the others and why it is effective/viable on other AA classes that have a physical defence self-buff in comparison to a Psychic who lacks one. Whatever you decide to do with your toon at the end is none of my concern.
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My LA Psy compared to a equivalent AA build psy has 14% more phy def fully buffed, 5% less m.def or so, roughly 3.8k to 4.5k less m.attack, and 1.3k more HP fully buffed and 6% more crit. Unbuffed it's 15% more Phy Def, 6% less M.Def, and same amount for m.attack which is roughly 1k or so less damage for the LA in PvP.

AA: http://www.pwcalc.com/ed9fb8e94409c7c9

And my current LA: http://pwcalc.com/411ab019d3139def

Don't have meridian figured in.
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LA casters are not my cup of tea, personally. But hey if you have fun with it and you don't steal aggro constantly while getting to run around in black voodoo, I'm sure the clerics don't mind you in squads.

Sometimes people do different builds not to be "special snowflakes", but because they find them more fun than being a cookie cutter build. And what is a game without fun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Sky cover is pretty pointless if it's only +5 because it has about the same physical defence as a regular lunar ring. It's a big waste of coin unless you plan to +10 them.

I just wanted to point that out.

To be fair, I was considering high refines and high level shards (morai or higher) when talking about builds but at lower refines LA would be tankier probably.
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sky cover is pretty pointless if it's only +5 because it has about the same physical defence as a regular lunar ring. It's a big waste of coin unless you plan to +10 them.

I just wanted to point that out.

Wrong link. <.< Changed it.
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My LA Psy compared to a equivalent AA build psy has 14% more phy def fully buffed, 5% less m.def or so, roughly 3.8k to 4.5k less m.attack, and 1.3k more HP fully buffed and 6% more crit. Unbuffed it's 15% more Phy Def, 6% less M.Def, and same amount for m.attack which is roughly 1k or so less damage for the LA in PvP.

So there are 2 tunas running around on harshlands? b:surprised b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HanyIstok - Morai
    edited October 2013

This is it! I was looking for that thing! Cool build! Thanks for your links!