PWI Worth playing to you?

Options
Djgirl - Sanctuary
Djgirl - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Is PWI worth playing to you? I feel like im in the middle here with all the changes that went and updates. I've been off for quite awhile and seeing it now with like what? 1 gold is 1.5mill? I remember it used to be 750k and it just kept rising. I may have lost contact of friends, and now is faction-less. You even have to pay to for FB, FCC, whatever, haters, trollers, whoever they are called now days. lol. I've played this game for 4 years, it was amazing back then. Now all they have is snobs, btchs and hoes. Sorry for the offensive. But Im just wondering, for those past members, do you guys still play? Even with the crucial gold that they are asking. I guess im still a noob in playing this if I cant play it right, some of us cant lol. I feel that some people who spend real money on this, regret it.
Post edited by Djgirl - Sanctuary on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time posting on their forums if I had no interest playing their game. Quite pointless as I could be doing other things.

I enjoyed the nostalgia QQpost though, even though it's like a cut and paste of all the others. b:bye
  • Djgirl - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time posting on their forums if I had no interest playing their game. Quite pointless as I could be doing other things.

I enjoyed the nostalgia QQpost though, even though it's like a cut and paste of all the others. b:bye

Not sure if I should take it as a rude comment. Just because I posted here doesn't mean I still have interest in their game. At least I have a life.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Not sure if I should take it as a rude comment. Just because I posted here doesn't mean I still have interest in their game. At least I have a life.
    So to you having a life is wasting time posting on the forums for a game you don't even play, especially in that game's game-specific discussion forums.

Dat logic.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    In my opinion, no, PWI is not worth playing to me. Ever since update and 105 on my demon bm, I only log on to talk to friends then log off at most. Gear is never ending, TT is worthless for funds, FF is not something that I want to spam, Lunar is worthless last I saw, Warsong is time consuming and too common, NW rewards are worthless, and the new content is not encouraging.

I log in maybe once a few days. I don't know, but I lost my addiction to PWI, and maybe that is where my opinion originates. b:surrender But I don't mind trolling forums once in a while.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
    edited October 2013
    Options
    In my opinion, no, PWI is not worth playing to me. Ever since update and 105 on my demon bm, I only log on to talk to friends then log off at most. Gear is never ending, TT is worthless for funds, FF is not something that I want to spam, Lunar is worthless last I saw, Warsong is time consuming and too common, NW rewards are worthless, and the new content is not encouraging.

I log in maybe once a few days. I don't know, but I lost my addiction to PWI, and maybe that is where my opinion originates. b:surrender But I don't mind trolling forums once in a while.
    I can name several TTs that are worth farming, especially one specific gold mat that is selling extremely well right now at 8-10m each and for the last few days can't be found in any catshop.

With your gear you should be getting 200-400 tokens per NW. Selling SOW's at 5m, you should be making 16-32m per NW, 32-60m per weekend.

It's pretty sound logic that someone would simply lose interest in this game, that happens to everyone at some point, but complaining as if you can't make coin is quite nonsensical.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Do not mind the trolls. The fact that they are replying to you should be taken as a compliment b:cute... it is their way of saying they love you... think of it as a love tap b:beatenupb:chuckle think of it in the same way prepubescent boys show they have a crush on girls b:mischievous

So basicly you are wondering if it is worth coming back? That depends. Seeing you are at 85 already, you have a better chance of enjoying some aspects of this game more than if you never played before. If you can find some of your old friends in game, then it might be worth it to ask them, as they would know you more than anyone here on the forums to tell you what you need to know to make a good choice for you. Or, just hop in and see if the water is good or not...

Personally, I like the potential this game has the ability to be... but I am hating where it is at really, which is based on where it has already been... I am waiting for the next update for now to make a decision for myself on your very question. I was planning on just toying around and keeping up with the game till at some point (when I get my irl up to par) in the future, I would either have the $ to blow on this game or find another game to really get into instead. Good luck no matter what your choice b:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    Misturo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well you can say PWI has its own good and bad things. I still play for people and TW/NW fun. That keeps me farming / merching for better gears and keeps me in game. Also, helping low levels and seeing their smiles after helping also gives a nice feeling.

Then again, game is becoming expensive if you try to buy gold in game... With current "sales" the prices are just too high. b:surrender

So yea, I guess Ill still be stuck in PWI, my faction and friends are keeping me here b:cute
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I can name several TTs that are worth farming, especially one specific gold mat that is selling extremely well right now at 8-10m each and for the last few days can't be found in any catshop.

With your gear you should be getting 200-400 tokens per NW. Selling SOW's at 5m, you should be making 16-32m per NW, 32-60m per weekend.

It's pretty sound logic that someone would simply lose interest in this game, that happens to everyone at some point, but complaining as if you can't make coin is quite nonsensical.

8-10m each on TT gold mats is very low compared to half a year ago, so its discouraging. NW requires 4 hours of focusing energy per week and charm with this small map back, so I take a pass on that.b:shutup

Basically, I feel that it is not worth the effort anymore, because I am getting way less than what I used to get for such effort. Thats how screwed up PWI is now.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So yea, I guess Ill still be stuck in PWI, my faction and friends are keeping me here b:cute
    That's the only reason some of us still play, or in my case, the reason I came back after 2 years off. Except like before, when I'm not playing I won't waste time on the forums.
  • MiyukiMai - Sanctuary
    MiyukiMai - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    hm to be honest not sure.. i havent played for idk well over a year *lost track* but re downloading the game now... not sure if i will stay.. why the hell do you have to pay to do an FCC run?? last i knew that was um.. free? O.o unless your meaning the one where the OP sins go through and clear out all the mobs to exp room and sell to lower lvls... b:surrender
  • Djgirl - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    hm to be honest not sure.. i havent played for idk well over a year *lost track* but re downloading the game now... not sure if i will stay.. why the hell do you have to pay to do an FCC run?? last i knew that was um.. free? O.o unless your meaning the one where the OP sins go through and clear out all the mobs to exp room and sell to lower lvls... b:surrender

I'm not sure but I'm sure that you have to pay for something, or maybe both. I probably got confused
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well at one time pwi was really worth playing. But when pwi started making the game more and more pay to win. As well as **** the ingame economy, breaking class balance, never fixing bugs, rarely enforcing tos and ignoring the community. Somewhere down the line the game wasn't worth effort or much attention.
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    To answer this question, my objectives are different for playing PWI. Right now for me there is a purpose to play.

You remembered when gold was 750k...when i started back in Dec 2008 gold was under 100k. There was no BH, no genies, being level 60 was considered very high and quite frankly were my favorite memorable moments playing this game. Calamity Axes were 20,000,000 and misty forest rings were 10,000,000 because you weren't able to get them via chips.

I play this game to solo bosses that provide my sin a challenge, and to give lower level players something that I never had...help. My independence IRL reflected my game play. I never really asked for help but when I did, never received it so I mostly log to help others with things. BHs, TT, Culti, etc.

I soloed most everything on my Sin when I was leveling him up, including my FB99 (before instance upgrade) which took me 3 hours because I didn't know how the instance worked and no one volunteered their assistance.

In my faction, I'm the last remaining active player after the split / drama, and when I'm not soloing 3-3 or helping others, I quest. My quests are almost ALL done. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    At one time it was, but that was a while ago when thw game was actually enjoyable. It's become so rinse and repeat that over level 99 has become a bore. Same instances over and over again.

The lack of players in the outside world (outside of FC powerleveling) makes PWI feel like a ghost town. The focus on pay to win has put a large wedge between the haves and have nots. The fact that PWI doesn't enforce their ToS is a big detractor in that many bots have farmed mats, herbs, and DQ for ages and cornered too many markets that actual players can't compete.

The direction PWE has been headed with bad updates, broken updates, boring updates, short lived content updates, yeah, snoozefest. They keep taking out things the F2P players are dependent on to make coin.

With several new MMOs on the horizon that look promising, PWI is looking more and more like a soon to be distant memory. It's a shame as PWI in its original direction was one of the most promising MMOs in recent memory, only to become a speed leveling autobahn. With life taking so much of my time this year, I find myself not missing PWI.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I have voted yes simply because I still like playing this game and am never bored despite having completed some things over and over.

I first played that game in 2007 (even if it wasn't PWI at that time) and played daily during 1 year and a half. When I first stopped playing, this was not really because I found this didn't worth it anymore but mainly for personal reason and the fact that TW were not at a good time slot for me anyway.

So when someone told me some years later that PWI had created a European server, I tried back because I kept really good memories from that game. I've played on Lothranis (now Morai since it has been merged with Momaganon) for two years and still not bored.
    On my current main, I keep on doing my dailies every day even though I don't really need it anymore, and I always find something to do. I would even say that I would like to have more time to play ^^

So yeah, according to me, this definitely worth being played.
    That being said, I saw a lot of different periods in that game and current one is not my favorite one. I won't say that I'm satisfied with all the updates (even if NW is for example a really nice addition to me). And I think that game could have been even better without some of those updates
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Is PWI worth playing to you? I feel like im in the middle here with all the changes that went and updates. I've been off for quite awhile and seeing it now with like what? 1 gold is 1.5mill? I remember it used to be 750k and it just kept rising. I may have lost contact of friends, and now is faction-less. You even have to pay to for FB, FCC, whatever, haters, trollers, whoever they are called now days. lol. I've played this game for 4 years, it was amazing back then. Now all they have is snobs, btchs and hoes. Sorry for the offensive. But Im just wondering, for those past members, do you guys still play? Even with the crucial gold that they are asking. I guess im still a noob in playing this if I cant play it right, some of us cant lol. I feel that some people who spend real money on this, regret it.

Where do you fit there?

Of course it does worth to play, fun is what matters and this game is full of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Where do you fit there?

This game and PWE is full of it.

Fixed for you and it doesn't reference fun.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Fixed for you and it doesn't reference fun.
    Re: your edit and post, if it isn't fun, you always have the option of moving on to something that is.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I find myself playing in spurts. Will play a lot for a week, and then just stop for weeks at a time. I've been removed from at least one faction because of that. There is just nothing that keeps me wanting to play on a consistent basis anymore.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well at one time pwi was really worth playing. But when pwi started making the game more and more pay to win. As well as **** the ingame economy, breaking class balance, never fixing bugs, rarely enforcing tos and ignoring the community. Somewhere down the line the game wasn't worth effort or much attention.

You should get your logic right. Because you seem not to know what ''pay to win'' really means. You can't possible ''win'' a game that has no end. It would be different if this game would have a end, just like most of the PS3 and Xbox games. That has a final boss and game ends, and you won. But this is MMORPG. And another thing, you don't have to pay real money, as everything you see in PWI, you can buy with In-Game money.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You should get your logic right. Because you seem not to know what ''pay to win'' really means. You can't possible ''win'' a game that has no end. It would be different if this game would have a end, just like most of the PS3 and Xbox games. That has a final boss and game ends, and you won. But this is MMORPG. And another thing, you don't have to pay real money, as everything you see in PWI, you can buy with In-Game money.
    Pay to win...

SEE : MoGs... GSTs via Mysterious Chips Packs... Reputation Badges...

Selling R$ Godmode Via THIS

So It is YOU that need to git your facts straight... now run along and S T F U b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pay to win...

SEE : MoGs... GSTs via Mysterious Chips Packs... Reputation Badges...

Selling R$ Godmode Via THIS

So It is YOU that need to git your facts straight... now run along and S T F U b:bye

You didn't get it at all kid. Pay to Win literally means that you have to pay so you can win. But this is ONLINE game, you can't win something that has no end. So still, you get your facts right b:laugh
    Everything that is trade-able in game, you can buy it with game money. I have never had to use real money on PWI and I still have gotten many stuff in it. Because I am not lazy at grinding like 99% of players are.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You didn't get it at all kid. Pay to Win literally means that you have to pay so you can win. But this is ONLINE game, you can't win something that has no end. So still, you get your facts right b:laugh
    Everything that is trade-able in game, you can buy it with game money. I have never had to use real money on PWI and I still have gotten many stuff in it. Because I am not lazy at grinding like 99% of players are.
    Pay to Win is a matter of being able to directly buy power.

If you understood what an RPG was first... and then more specifically an RPGMMO... then you would understand how such the genre works to begin with. With that, you would understand why "Pay to Win" has the meaning it has. And by the way "kid,"... let me ask you one simple question :

What is TSR? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pay to Win is a matter of being able to directly buy power.

If you understood what an RPG was first... and then more specifically an RPGMMO... then you would understand how such the genre works to begin with. With that, you would understand why "Pay to Win" has the meaning it has. And by the way "kid,"... let me ask you one simple question :

What is TSR? b:bye

Then that name should change to ''Pay for Power'' because it really sounds stupid to use word ''pay to win'' for a game than you can't possible ''win''

And to answer your question. You see, I am not a nerd or anything so I didn't go to that weird school where you learn all pointless shortcut words, why don't you stop being lazy and write the right way. And I mean the full sentence to that ''TSR''
  • angrysin
    angrysin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Then that name should change to ''Pay for Power'' because it really sounds stupid to use word ''pay to win'' for a game than you can't possible ''win''

And to answer your question. You see, I am not a nerd or anything so I didn't go to that weird school where you learn all pointless shortcut words, why don't you stop being lazy and write the right way. And I mean the full sentence to that ''TSR''

Obvious troll is obvious
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I played another version 3 years before PWI and the day PWI came out, I made this account. I did stop for about 1.5 years and dabbled in other games - but I came back.

Now I deleted my toons on the PvP server - but that was a good thing, I really could not handle the continued PvP because I"m more of a laid back person... and I fit right in with PvE and of course TW's are fine.... (just the continued ganking made me... tempermental).

Do I regret the cash shopping? No.. not a bit. The money would of been used for something or the other - a trip, or this or that - something to do with fun. So.. it was used for ... fun.

When I left I played a few new mmorpgs that were sparking and had sooo many cool and wow factors.. except... neither had a community on the same level as PWI, the games had too many short cuts to level quickly and this caused a ripple effect where everyone lived in instances and never really was on the maps DOING things.

Also - the instances were no were as hard as ours. Kill > kill > pull one mob over to you > kill. No real 'fight to the death - omg I don't know if I can do it" bosses .. at all.

The fact is the bosses could of been killed while plinking the keys with one hand, watching tv and eating with the other hand.

I missed the hour + long instances - which often separated the pros from the need-to-learn-mores.

I also missed the 3 hour long TW's where two amazing guilds bashed each other - and it came out very close.

I really missed it - and regret not just rerolling PvE and losing this time.

Also - the other games did teach me to be more self-sufficient and I just got to level 5 crafting w/o using those csed boxes. That is a first for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I actually think it's a brilliant game.....Well, it COULD be if they sort out all the glitches in the game.

The concept & game play is excellent, just sort this game out b:pleased
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    angrysin wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious

What does troll even mean? Gosh I don't understand why people use that word for everything. I was just telling my mind about this. When you can't understand something, doesn't mean its troll. Sheesh
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options

I thought so... let me explain it to you "kid".

TSR is the name of a company from at least as far back as the 1970's. It is the name of one of, if not thee first company to present a "Roleplaying Game"... ever. The "Roleplaying Game" basically began with a small series of books. Those books consisted of one for "Characters", one for "Dungeon Masters" and one for "Monsters". In order to play that version of an RPG, a small group of friends needed paper, pencils, dice, some free time and a little imagination.

TSR itself no longer exists (and is the only reason I am mentioning it's name, although that too may be against tos). TSR was bought out by another company during the 1990's, which itself initially made a major impact in the RPG-styled Card Game Industry. To this day, it is that company which still owns what TSR originally presented overall...

If you have not yet guessed... I was just looking to see if you were one of the Old-Timers of RPG's or just some kid that likes to throw bs around. Apparently my first intuition was correct.

So you see...
    I am not a nerd or anything so I didn't go to that weird school where you learn all pointless shortcut words, why don't you stop being lazy and write the right way. And I mean the full sentence to that ''TSR''
    No school was necessary for the answer to my question. Just simple and basic knowledge involving the RPG industry and it's origins.
    Well now... the two theories that today are called "Relativity" theories, that Einstein himself presented to the world, are still to this day called "Relativity." Einstein himself wanted to change the name to "Invariance"... But we can not simply change terms that apply to different concepts just because we do not agree with the terminology. But *applause* for attempting it, if that indeed is what you want your lifelong legacy to be remembered as.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I thought so... let me explain it to you "kid".

TSR is the name of a company from at least as far back as the 1970's. It is the name of one of, if not thee first company to present a "Roleplaying Game"... ever. The "Roleplaying Game" basically began with a small series of books. Those books consisted of one for "Characters", one for "Dungeon Masters" and one for "Monsters". In order to play that version of an RPG, a small group of friends needed paper, pencils, dice, some free time and a little imagination.

TSR itself no longer exists (and is the only reason I am mentioning it's name, although that too may be against tos). TSR was bought out by another company during the 1990's, which itself initially made a major impact in the RPG-styled Card Game Industry. To this day, it is that company which still owns what TSR originally presented overall...

If you have not yet guessed... I was just looking to see if you were one of the Old-Timers of RPG's or just some kid that likes to throw bs around. Apparently my first intuition was correct.

So you see...

No school was necessary for the answer to my question. Just simple and basic knowledge involving the RPG industry and it's origins.

Well now... the two theories that today are called "Relativity" theories, that Einstein himself presented to the world, are still to this day called "Relativity." Einstein himself wanted to change the name to "Invariance"... But we can not simply change terms that apply to different concepts just because we do not agree with the terminology. But *applause* for attempting it, if that indeed is what you want your lifelong legacy to be remembered as.

What has ''knowing TSR'' have to do with that am I Old-Timer of RPG or not? Before PWI I of course played many RPG Games, I just don't bother learn any shortcut words of something. All I was saying that its just very stupid sentence to use about a game that never ends, don't you get it? And why should I learn any origins about RPG games. The reason for them is just to have fun and just play. Its nothing to be serious about.