FF/FC Leveling & Experience Distribution

Options
OFate - Heavens Tear
OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
I've returned after being gone awhile and am new to this server. I've noticed that when they announce FF/FC that they rarely give a level range.

I did a FF/FC and in the group was folks more than 10 levels higher and lower then myself. My level gain was barely two levels for heads and the last bosses. Since I was level 40 and there were level 1's in the group - I felt this greatly offset the experience distribution.

Today I asked someone doing the same type of WC announcements - what the levels were he was going for (he said he had 2 more slots). He said "did not matter".

I'm a bit foggy on this from when I ran these solo for my friends and guild - but I always had specific level ranges.

I'd like your insight. Because of this, I'm not going to do FF or FC. I feel as if the ones saying "any and all levels" are doing a disservice to the higher ones with the larger level gaps.

Input Please?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
Post edited by OFate - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If there is any larger than a 10 level gap between highest and lowest, it's not worth your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's easy enough to level without FC, so much so, a kumquat could do it.

Besides, the person selling it is the one that makes the rules of his or her sale. Don't like said sale, don't purchase or participate. It's like mindless twits that claim they were scammed when they buy the last room and the seller leaves them to kill the boss, mobs and heads. No, not scammed, just learn to ask questions.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

I'd like your insight. Because of this, I'm not going to do FF or FC. I feel as if the ones saying "any and all levels" are doing a disservice to the higher ones with the larger level gaps.

Input Please?

I had not done "FF or FC" even once.

You can level without FC too.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I had not done "FF or FC" even once.

You can level without FC too.

Yes, I've been playing PWI since the version prior to PWI - but I left for 1.5 years. I was wondering if something changed in this -- or the folks power leveling just did not know or care.

I was trying to get over the level hump in this range and thought I'd try it. I prefer the quests...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Up to 48 level it doesn't matter what levels you have in squad, but if you have any 49 or above the level range ish 10 levels down from highest player in squad. If there's any lower than 10 levels in squad, nerf for lower level ones ish merciless(about 1/3 of usual XP).

Kitty's been powerleveling exotic/alternative build alts lately as questing to around 70 for 12th time...would suck bad time(Kitty bought first heads to her mains around 70 to get to 80 as Kitty hates BH59 very very much and Kitty had already done majority of quests on them). f:weep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    why not use the damn wiki, it even has link to spreadsheet which will do the exact math for you https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=ulvpzb21fa153c4124ac5875f2c57a0ec37ae

and in case you need extra help all mobs in FF

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mtype/24783
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    59 is one of my fav instances as i leveled...now 69 was not lol.

Now back on topic just do quest. You level pretty fast til 70's anyways.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've returned after being gone awhile and am new to this server. I've noticed that when they announce FF/FC that they rarely give a level range.

I did a FF/FC and in the group was folks more than 10 levels higher and lower then myself. My level gain was barely two levels for heads and the last bosses. Since I was level 40 and there were level 1's in the group - I felt this greatly offset the experience distribution.

Today I asked someone doing the same type of WC announcements - what the levels were he was going for (he said he had 2 more slots). He said "did not matter".

I'm a bit foggy on this from when I ran these solo for my friends and guild - but I always had specific level ranges.

Input Please?
    You can always pay for a private powerlevel or powerlevel yourself if you have a higher level alt. Or avoid FF entirely. You have plenty of options.

It's not as common as you're saying for plvls to be "all levels". I regularly see them saying 1-79.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If level 72 is your current level, you want to make sure to be in fc groups of 62-72 to 72-82... and nothing beyond those minimum and maximum levels then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's easy enough to level without FC, so much so, a kumquat could do it.

Besides, the person selling it is the one that makes the rules of his or her sale. Don't like said sale, don't purchase or participate. It's like mindless twits that claim they were scammed when they buy the last room and the seller leaves them to kill the boss, mobs and heads. No, not scammed, just learn to ask questions.

I dont quite understand people who do it though. The damaged reputation is worth far more than few minutes of your time. I dont get into selling spots though, I rather get less money and skip all the effort, lazy as I am. And least on archo selling FC isnt worth it if you dont do it to level yourself too - Bout 0.5g/room currently is laughable profit if that is all you get.

As for topic really, usually reason for high level range is lack of buyers on lower levels. If you do 10 levels range, selling takes far too long to be worth it. I really dont suggest FCing till 80 if you dont have friends on same level range to buy rooms together.

Ps. I think I got 700 of those things you get from xp room boss, prolly ~same to go to ding 105. 25%, fml.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    10 level difference is still the rule as far as I've seen, but how people do it might differ a bit between servers. It shouldn't be more then that if you wanna get the most out of a FC tho.. The lowest level is always at a disadvantage compared to the highest level, but within 10 levels the exp gain is still reasonable. Only exception I would say is ~ 1-30, 30-50 and 40-60, where the exp gain is still good enough to be worth it.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited October 2013
    Options
    10 level difference is still the rule as far as I've seen, but how people do it might differ a bit between servers. It shouldn't be more then that if you wanna get the most out of a FC tho.. The lowest level is always at a disadvantage compared to the highest level, but within 10 levels the exp gain is still reasonable. Only exception I would say is ~ 1-30, 30-50 and 40-60, where the exp gain is still good enough to be worth it.
    From what it sounds like they joined some random run, where someone isn't going to sit there and tele for a <10 level distribution within a squad under 80.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If level 72 is your current level, you want to make sure to be in fc groups of 62-72 to 72-82... and nothing beyond those minimum and maximum levels then.

Thank you for all of your responses. Really good information.

I was about level 30 but just jumped in that one time to see if FC had changed any. So much in the game has...

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thank you for all of your responses. Really good information.

I was about level 30 but just jumped in that one time to see if FC had changed any. So much in the game has...

:)
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5011/wg1t.png

No real difference from then and now.
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Paid FC rooms normally have fix ranges. If you are getting it for free, you can't really complain.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If there is any larger than a 10 level gap between highest and lowest, it's not worth your time.

People often act like parrots. They copy what everyone sais. They believe it to be the truth.
    This is one of those cases and it is not the truth even though so many people believe it.

There can be 19 levels difference between the highest and lowest in squad. Any more than that and exp will not be multiplied for the amount of players in squad resulting in less than half experience. This keep your squad within 19 level range.

The highest level in squad will be compared with the mobs. The lower the highest level in squad, the more exp will be given by the mobs. Thus have your highest level in squad be as low as possible. Espescially important breakpoints are lvl 90,92,95,98. Below that, it still matters, but less so.

Then the exp is shared in ratio to your level. The highest level gets the most. The lower level you all are, the more significant this is. If you are a lvl 10 with 5 level 20s, you are mayorly screwed as you get half the exp. If you are a level 70 with 5 level 80s, you just get some 12% less exp.

So besides the 19 max range its really simple: just make sure you are on the high end of your squads level range if you are just doing the room.

For full runs it generally pays to have high levels in your squad even if you are on the low end because it will make the runs go much faster. This generally makes up for both the loss of total exp because of the squad vs mob comparison and the fact that you get less because you are on the low end of the squads range.
    Look at the situations individually though. If you are lvl 80, it will do you good to team up with a squad in 86-92 range for example since this will make your run take 40-60 minutes rather than the 2 hours a full lvl 80 squad often takes.
    If you are however lvl 80 among other level 80s, taking a lvl 90 cleric in squad would be stupid as it is no better than a lvl 80 cleric.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options

IT really is a server difference. On DW, the way I used to sell it dunno if it's changed since I left DW, the first pm set the level range usually. Unless seller had some alt/friend that was taking one of the spots. In Heaven's Tear, they have this way of selling where they sell FCs for levels 1-79, for whatever reason. Seeing that was very strange to me. And if it's always been that way on HT, as Janus says, then that's even more odd to me. Since there definitely used to be way more people and way more new players, so it wasn't always that difficult to sell the runs. But I wasn't on HT at that time period, so dunno. One of the reasons I decided to level without it though.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2013
    Options
    IT really is a server difference. On DW, the way I used to sell it dunno if it's changed since I left DW, the first pm set the level range usually. Unless seller had some alt/friend that was taking one of the spots. In Heaven's Tear, they have this way of selling where they sell FCs for levels 1-79, for whatever reason. Seeing that was very strange to me. And if it's always been that way on HT, as Janus says, then that's even more odd to me. Since there definitely used to be way more people and way more new players, so it wasn't always that difficult to sell the runs. But I wasn't on HT at that time period, so dunno. One of the reasons I decided to level without it though.
    They do 1-79 because people start doing FF in parties at 80+. Also, people do the runs for profit maximization, so they'd in many cases have to use dozens of teles trying to fill a party within such a small level range. Not worth it to the seller. The people getting powerleveled are usually at the behest of the seller and often times nowdays I see teles for people asking where plvlers are.

But that's actually changing too, since there's less and less doing FFs 80-85, more people leveling between 80-85 on HT either are powerleveled by their mains/friends or have someone clear to BR and just run BR FF's 80-90 (or buy BR's outright and make a squad), within the popular 10 level range. The 10 level range thought process is adhered to when people are actually doing runs at higher levels.

This is just my observation of how things are done on HT. I suppose it's different on other servers? This might indeed indicate a massively dropping "active" population on HT.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They do 1-79 because people start doing FF in parties at 80+. Also, people do the runs for profit maximization, so they'd in many cases have to use dozens of teles trying to fill a party within such a small level range. Not worth it to the seller. The people getting powerleveled are usually at the behest of the seller and often times nowdays I see teles for people asking where plvlers are.

But that's actually changing too, since there's less and less doing FFs 80-85, more people leveling between 80-85 on HT either are powerleveled by their mains/friends or have someone clear to BR and just run BR FF's 80-90 (or buy BR's outright and make a squad), within the popular 10 level range. The 10 level range thought process is adhered to when people are actually doing runs at higher levels.

This is just my observation of how things are done on HT. I suppose it's different on other servers? This might indeed indicate a massively dropping "active" population on HT.

Yeah, on Dreamweaver the first pm usually set the level range. Or you'd just say pm me, and if you got a few replies within that first pm that were in a level ranged, that's who you would take. I haven't been on Dreamweaver in a long time, but that's how it was when I sold them. There was always more than enough people to sell the rooms quickly, and tbh if anyone had tried that I don't think they'd of been as successful because of the abundance of people willing to give the buyers what they wanted. It was very off putting to see nobody doing it this way when I first rolled HT. The first time I saw the 1-79 level range, I actually didn't think anyone would pay for such crummy exp. And then I came to realize that it was the norm. And people still did their own all the time on DW at 80+ as well. Although it also wasn't that uncommon that the pm that set the range was in the 80-90 range, those would still sell just fine though so whatever. I don't know if people still do alt FCs on dreamweaver, but back when I still played dreamweaver, that also wasn't that uncommon. I don't know what the state of FC selling is currently but when I rerolled HT about a year ago now, that's what I saw. I actually found FF sellers pretty offensive because of this and it's one of the reasons I decided to level the old fashioned way, even though the old fashioned way is pretty lonely. If I hadnt' found my faction, I'd of probably just quit the game tbh.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!