Choosing Evolved Pets

Options
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Venomancer
Since evolved pets are currently stuck in the slots forever and thus never allow us to switch them with others I was wondering which of the noncashshop pets are the best ones to go for. I currently have the evolved Plumpfish, Petite Sawfly and Derjan's Hatchling so far and plan to keep a slot for mount. That leaves 6 slots for me to chose which pets to evolve.

I am especially having a hard time chosing between evolving the Glacial Walker or the Volcanic Magmite. Which one is better?

I noticed several pets evolve into the same thing. Are the stats the same reguardless of which preevolution was used?

So which pets are the best ones to evolve?
Post edited by Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You can turn evolved pets into eggs and even move them around in the pet bag (free a slot, the pet will go into that one). The only thing about the evolved pet eggs is that they are stuck on that particular toon. You cannot trade or account stash them but you can put them in bank.

I've tried it personally so it is possible to have every single evolved pet as far as I know.

I'd say the Glacial Walker is a bit better but it's probably a personal preference at this point. For air pets you either get the Piggy (tank pet) or the Sawfly (DD pet).
    The evolved Hatchling becomes a pretty good DD pet after the evolution with a pretty strong exclusive skill.
    If there's no legendary pet into the play, your water pet option is evolving the Plumpfish which has been reported to be pretty good.
    Evolved cactus will be, more or less, your only ranged pet option. It has various uses and it's quite decent evolved as far as I've been told. Probably a must-have if there's no Harpy into the play.

The rest are probably player choices but I haven't heard anything exceptional about them other than simply being better than their un-evolved counterparts.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's good to know evolved pets can be placed into bag now. This must have been changed recently as originally it would not allow me to revert evolved pets back into eggs. Now I get to evolve my Walker without having to worry about if some day I want his slot for a Herc b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's good to know evolved pets can be placed into bag now. This must have been changed recently as originally it would not allow me to revert evolved pets back into eggs. Now I get to evolve my Walker without having to worry about if some day I want his slot for a Herc b:victory

Hmm, I see. You might be right and it may be a recent change. It's good nonetheless!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

I've never heard about that, odd. Anyway, you can collect them freely, personally, I evolved 7 or 8 and some are in my bank, but it's nice to change them around, and they are all fun to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'd really love to see some screenshots but so far I've only see the evolved frog, dog and of course Nix/Herc.

I saw an evolved bee in the game and it made me decide to evolve mine - because it's so pretty!

Like this question btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'd really love to see some screenshots but so far I've only see the evolved frog, dog and of course Nix/Herc.

Check the video link I have in this thread at section 3.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Check the video link I have in this thread at section 3.

Thank you ~

Since I returned in September, I've not yet seen a puppy for sale... Are they just that hard to acquire?

Also - I think the Catcus looks amazing evolved - but I've just got to have an evolved bee now... simply lovely.

Wishing we had even more pet slots now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thank you ~

Since I returned in September, I've not yet seen a puppy for sale... Are they just that hard to acquire?

It's not difficult if you know where and when to tame it. ^.^

Spawn coords: 299 764

Rule: Spawns for the first time 6 hours after server maint. After that it runs until killed/tamed and respawns 12 hours later at the coords listed above and at the exact time it was killed/tamed.

Hope this helps! :D
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's not difficult if you know where and when to tame it. ^.^

Spawn coords: 299 764

Rule: Spawns for the first time 6 hours after server maint. After that it runs until killed/tamed and respawns 12 hours later at the coords listed above and at the exact time it was killed/tamed.

Hope this helps! :D

Thank you - I'll do this.

I've noticed on my server - there is a very large lack of all class pets made by the Venomancers. Why is this?

I mean I almost see... none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think most people like the fancier and most "rare" ones or expensive ones such as those you get only through events, packs or charge rewards.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Pack all-class pets happened, destroying the market for veno-made all-class pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga