Wizards skills need some tweaks

Dragslave - Dreamweaver
Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Wizard
ok, im bored so im making a thread, besides i dont see many new wizzies threads,
so... even though wizzies are one of the highest hitting class in game, i still think we are pretty much screwed comparing to other classes, we have great 79 skills, but crappy 100 ones, morai and AEU are good, but some expensive to use, and since we are an aoe DD class, we could use at least one more ranged (chi free) hit like hailstorm...
So i was thinking something like:

Ice prison should cost 1 spark only, or decrease cooldown so we could spam it often

Elemental invocation either needs to cost no chi, or at least have decent damage.

Manifest virtue, another useless skill, either take off chi cost, or at least make the increase worth it

Soporific whisper... either should last long, or better cast range, or less cooldwn, one of those 3 please!

Tactical and Mortal reversion should work in all maps, not only open map

Will of the phoenix.... knockback to players too!!!! not fair mystics are the only ones who can abuse it

And about demon skills... BT should have a better effect... 50% chance of 2x damage??? b:chuckle

any thoughts fellow wizzies?
Post edited by Dragslave - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yea I think tactical rev restricted only on World Map is really uncool.
    b:laugh

I want to spam it on NW, TW, or maybe bring back someone while just leaving instance or Town Portal, or using NPC teleporter . lol just for fun. b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i still think we are pretty much screwed comparing to other classes

What..? How do you figure that lmao
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • mynameiswizy
    edited October 2013
    *reading* O__O
    go Adroit go f:sneaky
    :D
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i want the rumored new wizard shields b:dirty

tho i am more up for wotp no kb but max range and yes reversion any map
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    juicybluca wrote: »
    i want the rumored new wizard shields b:dirty

tho i am more up for wotp no kb but max range and yes reversion any map

Which rumors about the shields?

And mortal reversion works everywhere, it is only tactical that is restricted to the world map.
  • orochitato
    orochitato Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What..? How do you figure that lmao

Well, we "should" be the highest hitting class and one of best magic aoe DDs, and the only real reason we are, is because undine + spark.
    Psys r9r weapon has better m.att than wiz for example, also they have more spammable range aoe's, better 100 skills, OP soulforce skills, better and cheap control skills.
    Im not saying wizzies are bad ofc, just that we are forgotten in the way, they added soulforce to all classes, and while clerics and psy become great with soulforce skills, we have reversions that dont work in all maps, and pretty much thats all we have soulforce for.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey hey, get in line. Archers need fixing first!
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Hey hey, get in line. Archers need fixing first!

go away Dark!!!!! XD
    Archers are OP enough, insane crit, purge on bow and awesome celestial skills... so you go waaaaaaaaay back in line!!! b:angry
    edited October 2013
    go away Dark!!!!! XD
    Archers are OP enough, insane crit, purge on bow and awesome celestial skills... so you go waaaaaaaaay back in line!!! b:angry

Grass always looks greener on the other side :D

-Undine + spark + any fire skill = GG
    -Insane amount of pdef with stone barrier.. on an AA class!!
    -Kite better than the supposed kiters (us) with badge blink or puri proc or arcane defence

All of the above & more makes me jelly lol
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    orochitato wrote: »
    Well, we "should" be the highest hitting class and one of best magic aoe DDs, and the only real reason we are, is because undine + spark.
    Psys r9r weapon has better m.att than wiz for example, also they have more spammable range aoe's, better 100 skills, OP soulforce skills, better and cheap control skills.
    Im not saying wizzies are bad ofc, just that we are forgotten in the way, they added soulforce to all classes, and while clerics and psy become great with soulforce skills, we have reversions that dont work in all maps, and pretty much thats all we have soulforce for.

This isn't a card game where you just compare base damage. If undine makes wizard hit harder than psy, then wizards do hit harder than psys.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • orochitato
    orochitato Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This isn't a card game where you just compare base damage. If undine makes wizard hit harder than psy, then wizards do hit harder than psys.

Im talking overall the class, we have few resources compared to others, im not saying we should get insane skills like SoS or something, but would be nice to be able to spam more aoe's without losing chi like psys can do, or have better % at control skills, or have decent celestials skills.
    Originally Posted by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    Grass always looks greener on the other side :D

-Undine + spark + any fire skill = GG
    -Insane amount of pdef with stone barrier.. on an AA class!!
    -Kite better than the supposed kiters (us) with badge blink or puri proc or arcane defence

All of the above & more makes me jelly lol

thats true, i dont complain on wiz survival skills, just some skills should have less cooldown or less use of chi, or we end up on the spark combo as only mean to do something sometimes, if i hit a r9r +12 with BT or BIDS, i just wasted 2 sparks, not many people is gonna die from that now, but for example i like ice prison, but 2 sparks and 2min cooldown makes me not be able to use it so often as i would like, and lets say after i MS, after hailstrom i either approach and DB (1 spark) or throw another ulti (2 sparks) i would like to be able to spam more aoe's in range in TW.

Btw, im not QQing on wizzies, im happy with mine, just saying some skills need a rebalance so they are more usefull, thats all, im sure this is the same for all classes, i just talk about mine since i know of it
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Undine + spark combo on me:
    Full Buffed: +500% damage
    Self Buffed: +325% damage
    Unbuffed: +325% damage

Purge on Wiz comparable to me:
    Full Buffed: +380% damage (includes loss of HP buff)
    Self Buffed: +233% damage
    Unbuffed: +0% damage

Recovery from purge these days is super easy with that Spirit of Defense **** that instantly gives you back full buffs. A wizard self-buffed already has as much pdef as me FULL buffed (I'm full r999+12 with +12 G16 ornaments) and wizard self-buff is only like a 3s cooldown?

Shrink + purify spell also give wiz arguably the best mobility in the game and wiz has no **** dead zone at close range. Combine that mobility / tankiness / damage on a class that has access to seal / stun / immobilize and you shouldn't be complaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited October 2013
    Again, im not complaining on wiz survival....
    But... r9r +12 archer hitting my wiz fully buffed 3-3.5k, i get instantly purged after 3-4 arrows max, all hits become 5k, and yes, add like 50-60% crit!!!! result = dead wizzie!!! \o/

Read post before responding, im talking on wizard skills, not saying wizards cant survive...
    And spark combo is great, im talking about other skills, like celestials and others which has long cooldowns or big chi cost for crappy effects...
    Overall wizards are one of the most tankish classes, untill archers/veno/r8r weapon purge them, thats why im not talking about wiz defenses or survival skills.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Card games are a lot more complicated than just comparing base damage, much like this game, there is a insane amount of intangibles to factor in as to why you 'lost' the battle. (Magic/Trap/Weaknesses, etc... depends on card game in question... none that I have ever seen are as simple as comparing damage.)

---

"Nerd" rage aside.

Personally I think wizzies are fine as is, sure I may have never played one in near end game scenarios, and I have seen first hand how bad they can be when they focus on weapon only, and are only in a position where they can NOT kite at all. Still I think they are fine, they have insane defense, and do hit quite hard.... not to mention their ranged ability which allows them to attack from anywhere, which is a highly valuable element of surprise... and most even when gotten too don't do down easy at all.

I really don't think they are the class that is in most need of change/help... if anything I feel they need a bit of a nerf in their phys def department... but I so don't see that happening at all. (Besides the channeling is a bit of a drawback... still... their defense is seriously haxed imho... though I am not saying that it should be changed at all... ergo I am not making a topic about it.)

EDIT: I gotta say though, overall... in my honest opinion the "race" (Humans, Elves, Untamed, Tideborn, Earthguard) that would have the most issues winning in a... for the lack of a better word... "race-war" would be the human... race... but yea that is so just an opinion.

---

It's easiest to see the 'flaws' in the character you play the most... for me I feel bms need the most change, but obviously others do not feel that way at all, and generally most feel the class they have been on the most is the one that needs "help."
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited October 2013

It's easiest to see the 'flaws' in the character you play the most... for me I feel bms need the most change, but obviously others do not feel that way at all, and generally most feel the class they have been on the most is the one that needs "help."

I agree with you, BM's should get some upgrades as well, i see them struggling to survive at times, and if it wasnt for marrows they would be owned by casters so easy. Seekers and archers have advantages over them due to phys/magic skills so they can nullify marrows, but yeah, average geared BMs are a 1 shot.
  • juicybluca
    edited October 2013
    Which rumors about the shields?

And mortal reversion works everywhere, it is only tactical that is restricted to the world map.

few months ago in a suggestion thread on wanmei forum,
    i saw a chinese dev was writing about

stone barrier with chance to seal on hit
    pyroshell with 35% crit increase
    glacial embrace with "death link" effect on hit
    edited October 2013
    few months ago in a suggestion thread on wanmei forum,
    i saw a chinese dev was writing about

stone barrier with chance to seal on hit
    pyroshell with 35% crit increase
    glacial embrace with "death link" effect on hit

I remember reading that, but i think it was someone making up stuff, after all, would be extremely OP for wizards
  • RyougiShiki - Raging Tide
    RyougiShiki - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    talking about game balance, pvp system in pwi is like completely broken.

genie still need to be fixed, new classes > old ones etc. but pwi doesn't even care about it, they think gear difference can fix all those problems.b:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I heard those rumors a long time ago, but were a suggestion rather than they'd heard of it somewhere. I seriously seriously doubt we'd get something like that, those would be ridiculously op and totally unnecessary.

And there is nothing wrong with wizards (or bms) in terms of balance.. I'd actually say we are very well off compared to other classes atm.
    edited October 2013

And there is nothing wrong with wizards (or bms) in terms of balance.. I'd actually say we are very well off compared to other classes atm.

EA. b:surrender
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • juicybluca
    edited October 2013
    I heard those rumors a long time ago, but were a suggestion rather than they'd heard of it somewhere. I seriously seriously doubt we'd get something like that, those would be ridiculously op and totally unnecessary.

how about sage sins
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    how about sage sins

What do you mean? If you mean in terms of a 1v1, we do just fine against them. It is actually pretty balanced imo, takes a lot for either side to kill the other.
  • WhereIsSully - Heavens Tear
    WhereIsSully - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All I want is an AOE Undine. b:bye
  • XEmpX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpX - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    personally, i think ALL casters get jiped the most in this game. My main complaint is that our armour doesn't refine for nearly the same amount as HA's or LA's, when we spend the same amount on orbs, and we don't get the same benefits as the others. I think all armour classes should refine for the same amount of HP. I know no one agrees with me on that subject, but it's just an opinion i have.
  • mynameiswizy
    edited October 2013
    All I want is an AOE Undine. b:bye
    b:laugh
    Approve!! b:laugh
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    might be late on this one :P

tbh wiz dont need anything else. might lack a bit of aoe damage, but everyone class needs a weakness.

psy have aoes but earth vector is 1 spark, red tide 2 sparks and kidna useless, aqua canon melee range.

so there is only 2 real free aoes.

wiz have the damage to kill one target, only way a psy can have damage close to that is being demon with crits, and im sure its not even close. psys have more cc because we dont have the same killing power :P

actually think wiz need a nerf on stone barrier :p
    mages arent supose to have that much pdef xD
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will of the phoenix.... knockback to players too!!!! not fair mystics are the only ones who can abuse it

Actually venos can get a knockback skill on their evolved flying piggy pet, but no one uses that in PK :c

It is VERY annoying to be trolled with that though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited October 2013
    actually think wiz need a nerf on stone barrier :p
    mages arent supose to have that much pdef xD

Ok, but nerf SoS and Soul of stunning, those skills are stupidly annoying with +12 weapons, i cant kill psys because i get sealed every time hit them, and about getting p.def, cleric hve a buff, mystics have a buff, and venos gain more in fox form, so is not wrong to have SB.

And isnt white vodoo a def buff, not p.def, but def level which is better
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, but nerf SoS and Soul of stunning, those skills are stupidly annoying with +12 weapons, i cant kill psys because i get sealed every time hit them, and about getting p.def, cleric hve a buff, mystics have a buff, and venos gain more in fox form, so is not wrong to have SB.

And isnt white vodoo a def buff, not p.def, but def level which is better

Seriously?
    >Will Surge and Badge cripple SoS/SoSt (ex: bait SoSt, Psychic switches to black voodoo to try to kill, stunned target uses Badge of Coursge and retaliate against the now squishier Psychic)

>We trade offense for defense when using White Voodoo. Wizards can keep an offensive no matter what barrier they use. Same for other arcanes with shield skills - Their offenses aren't hampered by them them (though venomancer fox-form is questionable)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • mynameiswizy
    edited October 2013
    Wizard buffed with Glory and Rebirth expansion f:cute
    Ice prison sound pretty nice to me.

but NO, not enought,

We Want More BUFF!! b:angry (RAGE)
    hellyeah