Official Customer Complaint

Options
ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
That's it. I am done defending you. I am done defending PWE and their games. After the hassle I went through for the past few days to TRY and get Perfect World International to work on my new computer...(To no avail I might add) I have had it.

Honestly? I see the source of my problem right off the bat. Which at first, I thought was a great idea, but, today I am done fighting with it.

Arc + Windows 8 is the problem. Seriously. It doesn't work worth of ****. (If anyone has a solution please send it to me). And trust me, I KNOW its Arc and Arc alone that's the cause of my dilemma too...because, wait for it...My best friend has a computer that has Windows 8....and he was able to install it the old fashioned way. AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

Well guess what? While I love your games...you are loosing me as a customer. I was once a PAYING customer too. I was even willing to go as far as to buy the Legendary Pets for my venomancer. But no, you have lost me as a customer until further notice.

All I can say is, get rid of Arc, bring back our old installation methods. Or more people are going to leave. Until...you aren't making anymore money.

Or, at least give us an alternate way to install the games. I mean Arc is a good Game Manager, But, installing them? It doesn't work worth of ****. At least then we could be more careful about how we install them.

So, PWE, you have two choices.

1. Listen to your customers and hopefully recover what you're quickly loosing....

2. Continue on this path, and end up loosing your jobs because your games don't have enough people.

Which do you choose PWE? I'm waiting.
Post edited by ResiaTri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If I can upload my PWI folder to a site (I have the old version non-arc, I shall PM it to you =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If Arc is the issue, I posted a direct download link here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's it. I am done defending you. I am done defending PWE and their games. After the hassle I went through for the past few days to TRY and get Perfect World International to work on my new computer...(To no avail I might add) I have had it.

Honestly? I see the source of my problem right off the bat. Which at first, I thought was a great idea, but, today I am done fighting with it.

Arc + Windows 8 is the problem. Seriously. It doesn't work worth of ****. (If anyone has a solution please send it to me). And trust me, I KNOW its Arc and Arc alone that's the cause of my dilemma too...because, wait for it...My best friend has a computer that has Windows 8....and he was able to install it the old fashioned way. AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!

Well guess what? While I love your games...you are loosing me as a customer. I was once a PAYING customer too. I was even willing to go as far as to buy the Legendary Pets for my venomancer. But no, you have lost me as a customer until further notice.

All I can say is, get rid of Arc, bring back our old installation methods. Or more people are going to leave. Until...you aren't making anymore money.

Or, at least give us an alternate way to install the games. I mean Arc is a good Game Manager, But, installing them? It doesn't work worth of ****. At least then we could be more careful about how we install them.

1. Listen to your customers and hopefully recover what you're quickly loosing....

2. Continue on this path, and end up loosing your jobs because your games don't have enough people.

Pwi will continue to do number 2 and I will continue to watch the trainwreck at hand.

Also, sorry your experiencing so much difficulty.

Maybe you should consider a nice shiny new game. A nice new set of mmorpgs are set to come out the first quarter of next year. Although I cant name them due to forum rules.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

there, that's your problem. Install Win 7 and have fun. Win 8 is worse than Vista.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    #official
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    #official

seriously, how is a random forum post an official complaint, its not, a complaint via a ticket is more official, let alone taking the effort to actually contact anyone relevant (wanmei, a business bureau, ect.)

an official complaint should also have a clearly listed target ( to whom it is being addressed to) and proper contact information for yourself so they can reply to you
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    seriously, how is a random forum post an official complaint, its not, a complaint via a ticket is more official, let alone taking the effort to actually contact anyone relevant (wanmei, a business bureau, ect.)

an official complaint should also have a clearly listed target ( to whom it is being addressed to) and proper contact information for yourself so they can reply to you

And how is your post helping the OP solve her Arc/win8 problem? All you offer is criticism for her post.

To the OP, I cant help, I have win8 and haven't had any problems using arc to dl pwi.
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Curious, have you tried to just go into the pwe file, then the pwi_en_3 file, then either use the launcher or patcher file and either click the launcher or patcher icon?

i had to transfer a copy of pwi to a different computer and dont have arc installed, so thats how i get into the game
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    #official

an official complaint should also have a clearly listed target ( to whom it is being addressed
    to) and proper contact information for yourself so they can reply to you

These.b:laugh
    And how is your post helping the OP solve her Arc/win8 problem? All you offer is criticism for her post.

To the OP, I cant help, I have win8 and haven't had any problems using arc to dl pwi.

How is your post helping? You're criticizing someone else's post while not being of any real help either.

In any case, you should try Sylen's direct download to see if it works before RageQuitting PW. Hopefully, when they make Arc a thing with rewards, you'll only have to load up the program itself to make your claims before running PW the usual way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I installed Arc on a Windows 8 laptop and it installed and ran PWI perfectly fine. It can also run PWI without the arc overlay or arc even running. So the problem is not Arc, the problem is probably some setting in your network blocking Arc.

Edit: I assumed you aren't able to download period, as your problem did not seem like it was stated specifically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

+1 b:victory
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I dont have even tiny problem with arc

i downloaded it..and didn't even felt a difference ..well only that u can download games faster now
    most of games have that sort of prog., was about time that PWI gets it f:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Windows 8 shuldnt be used for a real computer, crappy OS. get ride of it :P