A Cumulative List of Non-solid Walls

Options
DragunBlud - Morai
DragunBlud - Morai Posts: 31 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Quality Corner
b:victory Good day, fellow players! b:victory

I have decided to start this thread on locating non-solid walls, because there are multiple collision problems within both the world map and instances alike, and it seems that if they were all in one thread, that they may all (hopefully) be solved in a few patches.

I believe that if we are able to pinpoint exactly where the problems are, that it will be easier for the developers to find and fix these collision problems. They cannot fix the collisions if they do not know where the problems exist.

This thread is to be used only to discuss "holes in the walls" and "walls where there are holes". That is, any contact with the environment, particularly structures and obstacles, which is abnormal or unnatural. Examples include: walking through walls, feet sinking considerably into a roof, being unable to walk through an open space (other than map boundaries, because that is intentional), etc.

A few guidelines on posting on this thread:
- State the map and coordinates of where the collision problem is found
- Describe the area so that other players may rediscover the same place
- Include which direction you were travelling to access the glitch (i.e. West into the wall)
- Optional: include a possible suggestion as to how you would have the glitch fixed
- Optional: you may add an image to help present your case
Remember, the more specific you are, the more helpful you will be.

May I ask that no-one post any comments on this thread other than to report an environment collision. The less clutter, the easier to read. Also to anyone reporting, please ensure that your collision problem has not already been covered by a previous reply.

I wish nothing but the best of luck to the developers in charge of making this game more perfect, for the sake of current and future players.
Post edited by DragunBlud - Morai on

Comments

• DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I will start off with the collision that lead me to start this thread.

Description: At the building where the Khatru pup stands in front, the east wall of the building has a missing collision box. Players can enter inside the building from the front or the rear, by jumping westward into the wall. From the inside, the rest of the walls are viewed as transparent.

Patch Suggestion: Utilize the internal area of the building by converting it into a decorated room, like the building where the Archosaur Elder stands. The east wall of the building must be patched, but the north wall can be opened for players to walk in.
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think this one is quite well known...

Description: On the southwest corner of the building which houses the Loranthis Portal, behind the Aerogear Forge, there is a small corridor between two walls. This is an incomplete wall which allows access to the inside of the building. From the outside, it actually looks like a doorway, due to the base of the wall being higher than ground level. Viewing from the inside, thanks to the effects of 'Occlusion Culling', most of the walls are transparent.

Patch Suggestion: On a side note, currently there is no access to the roof of Thousand Streams other than by falling from the sky. I suggest creating a stairwell inside this building, as well as internal walls to fix the OC. The stairwell would lead to an exit on the south platform at height ^41, where players can parkour their way to the rooftop.
  • UltiMaia - Morai
    UltiMaia - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Located at 431 738 in Tradewind village

There is a house with a rickshaw in it, behind the bank guy. I can't get to the rickshaw but that's not the real problem. The glitch is on the 2nd floor, cos there's a hole that allows you to sit in there, but the collision box follows the roof of the 1st floor, so it just looks weird. You can come visit the hole and see for yourself.

I don't really have a suggestion, just someone clear out that invisible collision box.

Also, the horses at Tradewind are like bricks. f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leitemagro
    leitemagro Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    AEU last boss - when fighting last boss.
    When fight last boss - the dragon - we all were send away from him like that mystic skill bramble tornado. As soon as I stop I fall down to a underground level and see transparent walls, and couldn't find way out. Work the force teleport to go back to entrance.

Can't state coordinates still just happens last time I play, and was not get that in mind.

Suggestion - close the gap or if not easy, try create a color mark that we can double jump out (inside the boss "floor" level)
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options

Description: The coordinates mentioned lead to one of the rooftops which have this glitch. I am referring to all rooftops in Archosaur of this type (dark brown/grey with sepia edges). The ridge (top-most edge) of these roofs are non-solid, so when standing on them, the player's feet sink into the roof, up to about knee height. The spikes on the ends of the ridges are also non-solid, so players cannot stand on them.

Patch suggestion: Simply add collision boxes to all these rooftops.
    Note: the rooftop at location 561, 668 does not have this glitch, that is because it is a different roof type (bright orange). This roof can be used to compare with the glitched ones.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Good list. I'll bug these right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Personally I like finding things like these. They are fun to play with. Why take them out? They don't give anyone an edge in gameplay lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Personally I like finding things like these. They are fun to play with. Why take them out? They don't give anyone an edge in gameplay lol.

Personally, I agree that the search for these collision holes is quite enjoyable. However, for a majority of the population, it is a contradiction to the title of the game itself. Of course, these glitches do not directly affect gameplay, but it is good to iron out a few problems here and there.
    I would actually prefer that these glitches in particular be modified, rather than simply patched over, in order for them to serve a larger purpose. See my earlier post about Thousand Streams for an example of what I mean.
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options

Description: The platform at the City of Misfortune is broken on the North-West Corner to simulate the earthquake which destroyed the city in the past. The collision box does not match the layout of the surface, so players seemingly walk on air.

Patch suggestion: Just fix the collision box so it matches the slope.

On a side note, there is another minor collision problem in the same area. The pole on the top of the hut at 648, 972 has no collision box at all.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Don't forget the glitch in the wall in Deception near the start of Hercule's room (never actually used it, but I know of it, and the general area it's in... but not the specific spot.) That's something that really ought to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Don't forget the glitch in the wall in Deception near the start of Hercule's room (never actually used it, but I know of it, and the general area it's in... but not the specific spot.) That's something that really ought to be fixed.

It's in Gate of Delirium, can't say coordinates now, but at the entrance of that big room with lava pools, before reaching to Hercule Trioc, there's a no-end way to the left, and that wall over there let's you get out of the instance and walk around outside the map xD
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options

Description: The Valley of Death, which is the entrance to Gate of Delirium, has a large overhang of rock on both sides of the valley. The collision box does not match the layout of the surface, so players seemingly walk on air when standing on top of the overhang.

Patch suggestion: Fix the collision box so it matches the overhang. Possibly build a bridge over the valley as well, to make it more visually appealing.
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Originally Posted by Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Originally Posted by MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    It's in Gate of Delirium, can't say coordinates now, but at the entrance of that big room with lava pools, before reaching to Hercule Trioc, there's a no-end way to the left, and that wall over there let's you get out of the instance and walk around outside the map xD

Description: Two rooms after defeating Calcid of the Flame and the Evil Lantern, at the entrance of the room containing Hercule Trioc, there is a dead-end to the left, where a staglamite pillar stands. The wall to the right of this staglamite is almost completely non-solid, allowing the player to enter through the wall. From here, the player can travel under the boundary wall of the cavern room and into the area outside the map. Due to 'Occlusion Culling', the walls are transparent when seen from the outside, thus players can see into the other rooms as well as travel all the way around the dungeon without dying.
    It is unknown how far the 'desert' stretches outside the cavern but you would assume that there is a boundary out there. Also, the teleport entrance where players spawn still works from the outside, so players may exit the dungeon by this way.

Patch suggestion: With so much room out here, it is possible to create a new dungeon area, similar to the likes of Twilight Temple and the Faction Base. The wall must be patched, but an official doorway can be created in its place. Add an extremely difficult but rewarding boss and some extra mobs in this area in order to attract more regular visitors.
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options

Description: There are a number of collision problems in this area. Most notable are:
    - The bridge at the location has an archway on the end which is not meant to be solid, yet it has a collision box which doesn't let you pass through.
    - Roofs of type 461,435 have collision boxes which do not match them. The ridge of the collision box is too high and the face of the box is flat, which does not fit the concave style of the roof.
    - Roofs of type 469,431 als o have collision boxes which do not fit; the ridges being non-existent (similar to the Archosaur rooftops). Also has faces which do not match the concave style of the roofs. Some roofs have flat balconies built on the top, these need to be checked as well.
    - Lanterns are non-solid (That was probably intended so I'll let that one pass)

Patch suggestion: All of the above just needs a change in collision boxes.

Also note that the house at 469, 431 is a very good example of a walk-in building, one that we should have more of.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    There are 2 really annoying map errors that I know of both that are in nw maps:

1. In the Crystal maps, i'm not sure about the right side, however when you travel by foot or mount, about 2/3 way down the path heading towards the west crystal (west on the map) there is a glitched area where you fall down into the rock in the path. The only way to get out is pefectly flying up through the invisible hole you went into.

2. In Capture the Flag maps, when you are going at higher speeds or teleporting, you get stuck in certain trees and bushes and cannot get out until killed, one that i know of is near the east flag spawn point heading northeast there is a tree parallel to the hill that i get caught in sometimes when holy pathing with the flag out of the spawn point.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options

Description: Scattered along the southeast side of this mountain, there are what appears to be multiple caves. Only one cave allows for player access (not to mention it is very detailed and welcoming), whilst the rest of the caves are simply black walls.

Patch Suggestion: ...more proper caves, perhaps? Anything but those black walls.
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    2 locations in Archosaur that I know of.

The first is in West Archosaur, 522,646. The small area where Tailor Fang Pei stands. There's a wall next to her with boxes next to it. You can walk inside the wall on both floors of the wall. I think this one should definitely be kept. Maybe introduce an NPC with a new quest-line and when you finish it he opens up a shop where he sells rare things.

The other is at South Archosaur, 564,638. The big column with the spinning thingie has a hole that you can fall through. Just walk along the non-tiled lines and you'll eventually find it. I definitely believe this one should be fixed because the hole is very small and if you fall down by accident it can be very difficult to get out of.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Description: The bridge in the center of arch leading to west arch is not fully connected so that if you fly into it from either side right where it would meet the wall you can go inside of the bridge. I've checked the other side of the bridge and the both sides of the other one as well and this seems to be the only one doing it.

Note: You must fly into bridge from side exactly where the rail meets the bridge.

Correction: It is that entire section of rail on both sides close to the end of the bridge that is not actually connected, not just where the bridge meets the wall.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Haven't been checking for collision problems for a while, but I found another one by chance. People, keep looking!

Location: World Map 681, 373. Dreamweaver and 336, 376. Lake of the Plume

The whole boat I'm standing on needs a collision check:
    - The canvas roof covering the front of the boat makes you float
    - The slanted walls inside the boat are the wrong angle and make you float when you try to climb up
    - The sides of the boat (all the way around the edges of the boat) have too-high collision boxes and make you float
    - The platform which leads west from the one-legged man makes you float too, probably the most notable. Also the stairs on this platform are too high to climb by walking.
    - The cliff entrance from the north side has a small gap between the cliff and the platform, which traps anyone walking over it
    - The ground level platforms lead into the cliff wall and the boat hull for no reason other than to provide dead end paths
    - The ropes, lanterns and hooks have no collision boxes (probably intended, but the neighbouring boat has more solid ropes)

The only good comment I can say about this boat is that they at least did the stairs on the ground level platform correctly. Both boats need to be fixed though, they are no contest to the new big boat located east of Archosaur.
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    edited February 2014
    Options

Description: The shrine inside the volcano has a large hole in the back. From here, one can enter the space underneath the platform. Occlusion Culling makes the insides of the walls transparent.

Patch suggestion: The room is good as a hiding spot, but not for much else. I would make the walls non-transparent from the inside, but other than that, I don't know what to do with that space.

Side note: The hanging torches in the same location have no collision box (you can ghost through them).
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I know of one on North Archosaur, but i can't pinpoint the coor for it right now.

It is on one of the stairs on the stone platform with a wooden pole like thingy on it. You can walk inside of this stair as if it wasn't there to begin with. The platform is just to the left of the warsoul forges on North Archo and the stair I was mentioning is on the easter side of the platform.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Has nobody mentioned the invisible holes on the Archosaur towers yet? o.o

The one I know of for certain is in the Northwest tower (just west of the North Arch teleporter). On the east side of that tower, you can drop through a portion of the floor and find yourself walking around inside the support structure (without textures on the inside, naturally, so you can see down to North Arch).

There might be other such holes on the other towers, but that's the one I remember clearly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).