Deity's Messenger Tracker

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary
Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Twilight Temple (West)
EDIT I stopped updating my tool in favor of this better one:

http://deitymessenger.com/

Use that instead

Hey all,

I got annoyed having to track down Deity's Messenger everyday so I came up with a way to make it easier.

Deity's Messenger Tracker

In theory this should be pretty accurate but let me know how it goes for you.

How it works:
I noticed that Deity's Messenger had an exact travel period of 1 hour 2 min 42 seconds so knowing that and knowing his position at some starting point you can logically calculate his position at any time. The spreadsheet updates his position automatically every minute. I followed him around for 1 cycle to get the path data but now it should be accurate to within 30 seconds. Maybe I'll make a javascript version that is more exact but this version is pretty useful already.

The reason this is only for Sanctuary at the moment is that I have to resynch the spreadsheet every week after maintenance by entering an observation time in the purple area of sheet 2.

If anyone wants to make a version for another other servers you can make a copy of this spreedsheet and enter your own observation time. I can help answer any questions about that if there are any volunteers.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks for this neat tool \o\ Helps a ton to this veno that usually starts looking on the wrong end of the map lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Man you never cease to amaze me, b:laugh
  • XxZloxX - Raging Tide
    XxZloxX - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    wow very nice tool, worked good, but a lil off .. on RT at least had it saying was @ lumi going to burning scar but was in burning scar going to lumi.. but that might be with diff server maybe.. still awesome tool good to with-in few minutes of his movement

Edit: Ahhh just seen about the time still close enough to be good tool
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    wow very nice tool, worked good, but a lil off .. on RT at least had it saying was @ lumi going to burning scar but was in burning scar going to lumi.. but that might be with diff server maybe.. still awesome tool good to with-in few minutes of his movement

Edit: Ahhh just seen about the time still close enough to be good tool

I didn't post this in RT forum. To be exact it has to be synchronized with the NPC after maintenance and I can only do that in sanctuary.

If RT wants one someone from RT has to make a copy of the spreadsheet and enter a position to synchronize it.

EDIT: I heard there were problems getting the red dot to show up on the minimap chart. That's a google bug but I think I found a fix.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just vouching that it worked well :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • deitymessenger
    deitymessenger Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Nice work. I think like you =)
    I created site for me and given it to some my friends. After one day many people started use it and not on my server only. This is got me extend my site for other servers. But I bethink about our friends from PWI and got the next deitymessenger.com. I can not access to set up self , so use phantom settings and enjoy. =)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I created site for me and given it to some my friends. After one day many people started use it and not on my server only. This is got me extend my site for other servers. But I bethink about our friends from PWI and got the next deitymessenger.com. I can not access to set up self , so use phantom settings and enjoy. =)

the phantom doesnt allow full range to setup, and along with that cant choose forward/back
  • deitymessenger
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the phantom doesnt allow full range to setup
    Good observation)
    I can't give full range, because this confuse some people. I say more, I will have give less an less range for more precisely correction.

and along with that cant choose forward/back

Players set up them corrections and after 3 minutes Deity phantom apply arithmetical mean of all correction for this server. Each day after work I review all corrections and set up main Deity in most popular place and phantom matches with main.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Good observation)
    I can't give full range, because this confuse some people. I say more, I will have give less an less range for more precisely correction.

Players set up them corrections and after 3 minutes Deity phantom apply arithmetical mean of all correction for this server. Each day after work I review all corrections and set up main Deity in most popular place and phantom matches with main.

but the problem with this is that when i was just there the range i could apply change on phantom was too small, diety was outside the range and in the opposite direction, so it would have taken a dozen+ people correcting every few minutes to get it even close to accurate

and this will likely occur after every maitenanace
  • deitymessenger
    edited November 2013
    Options
    but the problem with this is that when i was just there the range i could apply change on phantom was too small, diety was outside the range and in the opposite direction, so it would have taken a dozen+ people correcting every few minutes to get it even close to accurate

and this will likely occur after every maitenanace

You are right. I expanded the range until no people which set up random place. But range will be decreased anyway.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You are right. I expanded the range until no people which set up random place. But range will be decreased anyway.

its still not full range, and for the HT one i could not set it anywhere close to accurately today
  • deitymessenger
    edited November 2013
    Options
    its still not full range, and for the HT one i could not set it anywhere close to accurately today

I back all functionality as it was in original site. Each 3 minutes phantom will change him place how users said him. Next times users can move him from new place. And you can set correct place after 3-6-9... minutes. I still think about new, more better logic.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Woa! I've been out classed! How do you keep this in sync?

EDIT: Ohh i see... its that phantom thing. Hopefully it won't be vandalized.

I also had a problem with not being able to move the phantom to where it actually should be.

For us synchronization is only really needed on Wednesdays and after that it should be in synch the entire week. Perhaps on Wednesdays there is huge leniency on moving deity messenger where it should go and that tightens up later.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • deitymessenger
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Woa! I've been out classed! How do you keep this in sync?

EDIT: Ohh i see... its that phantom thing. Hopefully it won't be vandalized.

I also had a problem with not being able to move the phantom to where it actually should be.

For us synchronization is only really needed on Wednesdays and after that it should be in synch the entire week. Perhaps on Wednesdays there is huge leniency on moving deity messenger where it should go and that tightens up later.

It's good information for me. Our deity needed sync each monday and I correct him manually. Here I can't do it. But on our servers deity (on site) each times lags behind a 1
    /3 way approximately. I hope this rule saved for you)
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Dude. Great work! I'm glad I check other server's forum pages lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cant login or signup, and ht one got out of sync today somehow, was fine all week
  • deitymessenger
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cant login or signup, and ht one got out of sync today somehow, was fine all week

b:surrender sorry it was my fault. Now it fixed.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    work beautifully now, and no email bs signup or anything, very nice!
  • deitymessenger
    edited November 2013
    Options
    no email bs signup or anything, very nice!

yes and no, time will show f:hehe
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    hey, i dont want to be a racist but i it possible to block users from brazil?
    the reason is this:

http://deitymessenger.com/morai

almost every person in there is setting a wrong place for the messenger and keeps getting multiple votes.
    i guess the PWBR community choosed the morai server to abuse your website for their own deitymessenger.
    and its getting really annoying :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • HagiSin - Sanctuary
    HagiSin - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i can't log'in for whole week saying Error, Entered incorrect data! Current login used already.

b:surrender
  • ForkBender - Heavens Tear
    ForkBender - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Can't load http://deitymessenger.com at all. Get cached copy from chrome, tried IE also didn't work.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Can't load http://deitymessenger.com at all. Get cached copy from chrome, tried IE also didn't work.
    im using chrome and i see it fine.
    maybe something blocking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Asty, maybe update your initial link to the new page?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We discussed it in the other thread, actually. It's an issue with his provider blocking certain IPs.

I got around it by just having my own copy of Asts sheet that I kept updated until we implemented it directly into our factions forums. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Um why are people downvoting my trust, I'm always putting exact location in b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deitymessenger
    edited March 2014
    Options
    b:surrender I didnt read this thread much time
    i can't log'in for whole week saying Error, Entered incorrect data! Current login used already.

b:surrender

If you see this, you filled user name which exists but password don't correct.

Um why are people downvoting my trust, I'm always putting exact location in b:sad

b:sad give me your nickname and server I will be watching for you, because some people use not their server in server list =(
    if being honest it's too hard to find correct settings b:sad
  • Boa__ - Sanctuary
    Boa__ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    How can one add this map to a factions shivtr website?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deitymessenger
    edited July 2014
    Options
    How can one add this map to a factions shivtr website?

Please, write on my email, which you can find in the bottom of the site, 'cause I can't read this thread. .b:surrender