The promotion that's going on right now 9/29/13

Options
RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=989901

I spent 2k+ gold in boutique buying the chienkuns and the dragon fire packs I needed since I figure I needed them anyway, why not get them during promo.. Well, all I got in mail was 24 or so platinum charms and no event cards aside from a few mails containing D/S cards that I never bothered to open from ages ago..

Anyone else not getting what they were supposed to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
Post edited by RoidAbuse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

I spent 2k+ gold in boutique buying the chienkuns and the dragon fire packs I needed since I figure I needed them anyway, why not get them during promo.. Well, all I got in mail was 24 or so platinum charms and no event cards aside from a few mails containing D/S cards that I never bothered to open from ages ago..

I didn't have this issue but I only spent 100 gold. My guess is this is due to the mailbox being too full for the system to send you all your rewards. I received all charms first, followed then by Event cards and lastly the mounts. So if you had spent the 2k at once it looks like you received a portion of the charms before your mail box got full and then nothing after that. My suggestion would be to send in a ticket.
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If your box is full, you're going to have a ton of backlogged plat charms waiting for you b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I spent ~350 gold and haven't gotten any mounts nor event gold.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

I'd attribute it to karma, for charging what you do in your shops. ;)
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'd attribute it to karma, for charging what you do in your shops. ;)

I charge premium cuz my goods are made in 'Murca and not China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I spent about 700 gold. I sadly don't have 2000 laying around like some others apparently. (Perhaps this is a good idea though...) I did however spend enough gold to hit this issue as well.

To fix this problem:

1) Open all ur mail and take your charms.
    2) DELETE the empty mail.
    3) log-off and back on.

You should now have 25 more mails. Repeat this 16 more times and you should receive all 400 charms you ordered.

If you don't get mail right away, try waiting 3-5 minutes after step 2. Then log off/on again.

This worked for me.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You might have to meet certain criteria to get the event gold. Earlier I spent over 50 gold, and I only received a mount and 1 event gold card instead of 2 cards (Last night I spent 50 gold and gotten 2 cards + Mount). I think the reason for this was because I didn't spend 25 consecutive gold on one char. I was hopping around chars trying to get the fashion crown for all my chars with the last 25 gold. That might be the reason for me not getting that 2nd event gold card. Are any of you using different alts to accumulate the amount of spending to 25 and 50? I am just speculating.

I just tested the theory...in order to receive the event gold cards you must spend an accumulated 25 gold on the same char. For the Mount, the 50 gold spent will accumulate regardless of what chars you use to spend the gold. I gotten the mount previously after spending 50 gold, but no 2nd event card. So I spent 6 more gold on the same char I was using and did get the 2nd event gold card.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    in 90% of my purchases i received all the charmtickets first. then the event gold and in the end the mounts.

so if you spent more than 150 gold at once your event gold cards are probably somewhere stuck in the long lineof mails that wait to be able to be received :D

and buying dragon orb fire packs at this high goldprice was kinda..brave. wonder how you gathered so much gold wehn you do such strange moves but you probably have your reasons ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Lonely_Demon - Harshlands
    Lonely_Demon - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I spent 50 gold and there was no problem I got all the rewards, but a while later I spend 27 gold on joy scroll but didn't get any email. Anyone know why?
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and buying dragon orb fire packs at this high goldprice was kinda..brave. wonder how you gathered so much gold wehn you do such strange moves but you probably have your reasons ;)

For the most part, gold price bumped up about 10% here on Sanctuary though it did spike to about +30% for a while yesterday. I've still been able to sell orbs at a profit, the charms and event gold are pure gravy. Kinda expected a bigger price hike honestly.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I just spent about 116 gold just now and got all the HP plats and event cards for those 116 gold.

I still haven't received everything that I was supposed to get yesterday. I did send in a ticket, hope it gets resolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladysana
    ladysana Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Any updates on getting the promotional mails that are stuck? I also spent Gold but didn't get any mail. b:cry
  • Tanthalus - Dreamweaver
    Tanthalus - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bought stuff on the 29th from the boutique on my sin and got diddly, stupidly bought more on my BM on the 30th and luckily got all the stuff b:laugh.

Sent in a ticket and i'm still waiting for a response for the sin's transactions.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Anyone get this issue resolved?

I got a reply from someone.
    It basically said that there's no recent zen purchase listed for my account and asked if zen was purchased through the AH then spent in boutique during promotion.

I replied that the gold were spent during promotion and were all purchased through AH.. They should be able to track that right?

Anyway, the communication stopped after I replied. I don't know what's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I havent even gotten any reply to my ticket :<
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • ladysana
    ladysana Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Are all your mailboxes also "full" even though there's space? I didn't receive any of the promotional items, I have free space in the mailbox, but now no one else can send me any mail. It says my mailbox is full when someone tries to send me mail... Invisible promotional mails clogging my mailbox! b:sad
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OMG why did i miss this action b:cry

Now i understand that gold price.... *** i could have become rich if i knew this.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OMG why did i miss this action b:cry

Now i understand that gold price.... *** i could have become rich if i knew this.

lol.. you can't sell the charms that you get. they're account bound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I want my hp charmsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss cuz am poor can't afford to buy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tanthalus - Dreamweaver
    Tanthalus - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They replied that i was one of many to have suffered this and would be reimbursed and they did so just after this weeks maintenance via ingame mail.

Just keep replying to the ticket until it's resolved.