barbs farming during 2x

hisoka4me
hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Barbarian
what is the best way for a barb to make money during the 2x drops?? fw , fl , tt . i am full g16 +5 and is really making me jealous that other barbs similar gear get so much money and they don't want to share how they do it. Could somebody help me pls b:surrender
Post edited by hisoka4me on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Be demon, stat dex, wear claw/fists and -int gear, then farm TT :)

But for a low dex barb there are things to do as well:

-Farm boss cards in OHT, then go kill the boss with a friend or with squad. Rewards depend very much on what boss you choose and whom is going to help you kill the boss.

-Make free lunar squads. I dont do it because i dont want to abuse people like that. But those who do are always looking for barbs. So you can easilly do it yourself. 3m profit on a 40 minutes run.

-FW, best if you can find yourself a good squad to do it regular. Maybe mobless although that again gets a lot easier if you are aps yourself. But even non-mobless doesnt need to take more than an hour if you have a good squad. 2m+ average reward.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • hisoka4me
    hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thanks for your input
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -FW, best if you can find yourself a good squad to do it regular. Maybe mobless although that again gets a lot easier if you are aps yourself. But even non-mobless doesnt need to take more than an hour if you have a good squad. 2m+ average reward.

What does FW refer to?
  • Jake_english - Lost City
    Jake_english - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What does FW refer to?

Mabey is full warsong :O
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What does FW refer to?

he mentions mobless

must be warsong
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone who claims to have lots of money and doesn't "share" their technique is just ridiculous. They either CS'd it, merched it the old fashion way with buying a sh*t load of cheap items and selling them back for a tiny profit per. Or they just do everything there is to do, to make money. FWS, molds, TT, Lunar, BH, surveys in gold, alts, selling heads, **** Jolly Old Jones.

I just do Full Warsong, get my 60 badges and likely during the runs to 60 badges I'll get my hands on a randomed Essence of Offense and a decent Magic weapon mold I can use.

Meanwhile I do Nation Wars, turn the tokens into Raptures.

And any small money I make goes toward making the TT99 gold pataka. (The 2 gold mats can be made from chipping, which you'll get plenty of chips from BH100. The merchant should sell both to you for about 5m)

So.......

TT99 pataka is made from 5m of gold mats, the greens and blues picked up for whatever you can afford or just farm
    I think 2,500,000 to manufacture 250 raps. (I don't remember the coin sink price per rap)
    Free badges, Free Essence, Free mold.

Manufacture unbound T3 Magic weapon (Pataka, Glaive, Wand, Magic Sword)

Automatically the weapon is now worth 50m minimum, doesn't matter what stats it comes with.

I've made a magic sword with triple magic +18/+19/+19 and it sold for 65m within 12 hours.
    I've also made a Glaive with +19 MAG/+1 Def/+Magic attack and I think that one sold for 65m as well but over the course of 3 or 4 days.

MY money making strategy I kinda just figured out on my own very slowly, it wasn't some ingenious concoction that I thought up in the night under a full moon. I guess I do pretty well, about 50m a week is pretty alright, isn't it?

If you can solo FC, you'll be in the real money though. Can make 100m in a week if you put your foot on the pedal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    If you can solo FC, you'll be in the real money though. Can make 100m in a week if you put your foot on the pedal.

Dafuc, you joking ? were talking about a non-APS barb here. It will take him more than an hour per run if frustration didnt make him quit at the bisshop boss.

even for APS toons FC is just the thing you do if you really cant do anything better. Or what do they pay for a room on your server ? (1m on archo)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1 bigroom is pretty much 1mil across most servers. 100 FCs a week is going to make your eyes bleed
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone who claims to have lots of money and doesn't "share" their technique is just ridiculous.

I don't believe that for one second. If your making a killing, why share the details of the profit, will only open up the market and reduce your own income.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    The game is big and known enough. Dont worry, there are no super secret things that you wouldnt know by reading a bit on the forum or asking everyone in your faction.

It surprises me too that many markets still exist even though all the knowledge is out there for years, but apparently the majority cant be bothered anyway and prefer to just QQ that this game leaves the non-CSer so poor they can barely afford their crab meat.

Indeed those who act like they know secrets are generally pretty full of ****. Or their secret is just one of the widely known methods to make money and after they told you they make 10m per hour while its actually 4m, they maybe feel like they cant tell you their methods because they know they just gave you a BS number :)

I sometimes hold back a little bit on telling the details. And maybe just mention 'merchanting" or "farming boss cards" because i dont want to make it too easy for people but oh well.... The mayority doesnt read the forums anyway. And out of those who do, many are either too stupid or too lazy to really make it work i guess.

Here, ill gave a detailed explanation for one:

In valley of the scarred, kill icewind scouts for bewiched doll cards 5-8. Barbs are excelent at farming these. (using 3x holy path on your vit/mag genie, pull the whole area around that hill, invoke, run a quarter circle around them to bunch them up, sunder-arma, grab items till respawn) During 2x you get some 40 cards or so per hour. Buy the cards 1-4 from the AH or catshop for almost nothing. So that makes 10 bewiched doll cards for 1 hour of farming.

Now go to TT3-3. If you combine it with regular 3-3 farming, the lost time for killing an extra boss (pretty easy one) is insignificant. If you just focus on bewiched doll, it'll take you 20-25 mins or so not realistically feasible for non-aps barb though, so you will need to find help for this. Lets say you take 4 hours to turn these 10 bosscards into 500 stamina mats.

Meanwhile, have your catshop buy stones of scarred for 8k 24/7. 1500 of them cost you 12m

Combine the 500 stamina mats with 1500 stones of scarred to make 500 necklaces. Turn these into 40.000 pstones. Will take about 2 hours i think.

Sell 40.000 pstones for 50m coins in your catshop. minus the 12m for stones of scarred = 38m

Total time spend: 7 hours for 38m.

Thats pretty good profit and even though i explain in detail, i know that after an hour of OHT manufacturing and decomposing, 99% of you will give up anyway :D
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Thats pretty good profit and even though i explain in detail, i know that only about 20% of you bothered reading that whole thing and 70% of you who read it won't even bother attempting to give it a try. Plus 90% of those who do decide to give it a try will give up anyway after an hour of OHT manufacturing and decomposing :D

Fixed that for you. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)