Best of each class in PvP

Options

Comments

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would actually still play if the pvp were any good, but it's pretty bland. The other "free" game I'm playing also has boxes and all the other f2p nonsense, but at least it doesn't have a $4000 initial investment requirement, and the 3v3's are actually decent...oh and drama galore ahahaha :p.

PWI really needs some sanctioned non-"zerg" combat, that doesn't involve a bunch of R999's mindlessly pressing skill buttons vs an army of ****-geared one-shots. The drama is the same old, same old, except now it doesn't matter because the TW's behind them are a shadow of what they once were.

It's sad, I just want a legitimately good p2p mmo now that doesn't have the acronym W.O.W...

Actually pvp is sometimes good now. You have to be on at that particular time though. Outside west or SP is usually r9rr or gtfo so it's actually balanced pvp. There are a lot of group fights now and less people actually going out "solo". But honestly it's usually the same people over and over again who are pvping...it never changes so it gets boring.

In addition to what long and divine is saying...it actually amazes me that people are STILL cash shopping in this dead server lol. Like I've seen seekers and archers who went from r9 to r9rr +12 josd vit stone blah blah in a time frame of less than 3 months. And it's true what Long is saying...you actually get decent coin if you sign on for NW. I was able to farm all my summerwinds in 1 month and half for my full r9rr set...so yea it's really what you're doing. If you plan on sitting in front of forums qqing how everybody is csing and not doing anything then yea you're not getting anywhere :p
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Actually pvp is sometimes good now. You have to be on at that particular time though. Outside west or SP is usually r9rr or gtfo so it's actually balanced pvp. There are a lot of group fights now and less people actually going out "solo". But honestly it's usually the same people over and over again who are pvping...it never changes so it gets boring.

In addition to what long and divine is saying...it actually amazes me that people are STILL cash shopping in this dead server lol. Like I've seen seekers and archers who went from r9 to r9rr +12 josd vit stone blah blah in a time frame of less than 3 months. And it's true what Long is saying...you actually get decent coin if you sign on for NW. I was able to farm all my summerwinds in 1 month and half for my full r9rr set...so yea it's really what you're doing. If you plan on sitting in front of forums qqing how everybody is csing and not doing anything then yea you're not getting anywhere :p

NU-UH CHEVALIER UR WRONG BECUZ THE PPL WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED IN OVER A YEAR AND DUNNO HOW r9RR GEARS R SAY U R WRONG. IDIOT.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lol, I guess after a year of getting one shotted, what you have now seems "balanced" to you guys. Like I said, I believe what you said about what the states for people who played a few years compare to cs'ers, it's just your concept of "balance" is completely wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well, In a way I guess PWI is balanced, just like EVERY PW game has been balanced: They make everything a one-shot.

With the introduction of insane attack levels, deity stones, R999 dex/mag bonuses, and jones blessings, just about everything and everyone dies in one shot, no matter what class you are. (Archers technically take more shots, but the end result is still the same: average battle once AD/IG is gone lasts a few secs).

Since stuns complicate things, they also removed all cc from the game by giving casters purify wep.

Jade Dynasty was like this too. Endgame, everyone pretty much one/two/three-shot everyone else. The same is happening in PWI. Oh, buffs make a fight actually require strategy? No prob, lets just give every class purge weps so no one has to deal with buffs either.

There, the game is technically balanced, because everyone can kill each other by getting some lucky crits.

Ever wonder why we have 100+ genie skills, but the only one that's used in pvp is absolute domain? Because that's the only one that lets you play without getting one-shot.

The only way to not be a one-shot? Spend a fortune on JoSD. Awesome!

(PS: This isn't a knock at one-shot mechanics in particular. Many shooters and MOBAS have VERY fast deaths, but this is only because the action is also extremely fast and requires high clicks per min. In a game with 2s+ cast times and low actions per minute, one-shots are just a band-aid fix for bad balance. A DOTA player can easily have over 300 APM, while someone playing PWI can get away with less than 20 APM)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The game isn't balanced between classes and such. The massive gear gap doesn't help as well. I don't know about you, but walking out of safe zone and getting hit for 5 times the value of your total hp isn't balanced. It also makes the game become really stale and boring very quickly. I really wish I could find a game that was as fun as pwi in glory days or something similar.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I really wish I could find a game that was as fun as pwi in glory days or something similar.

Me too. I just started trying ou PvP in GW. It's structured capture flag/points where everyone get in and have all the gears in game available to choose from. It's balanced, but it's instanced with everyone going expect to PK; not nearly as rewarding, exciting, fun or drama-filled as open world PK when everyone had to do quests. If anyone find a good one, please let me know through PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yea people don't leave SZ without being fully buffed now. But in that sense, that prevents one shots and actually a challenge in PVP. Buffs are there for a reason no? But still even without buffs you can still manage. If you think about it back then when there was only a handful of R9's and lots of R8's running around can you say that everybody wasn't a one shot back then wearing TT90 gear?

Anyways, let's just say that everybody is more likely a 100% one shot now...and in a sense it's true if you're R9 or below. But I have noticed that players who are at the "Below" standard have begun to be more innovative in instances such as Nation Wars. Players don't just spam attacks hoping to kill someone anymore, they are actually using their skills. Such as a veno is purging more, a wizard is using TIMED force of will, BM's are stunning. Whereas back then I've never seen this kind of gameplay from other plays before except epic aps pew pew hoping SOMETHING will die.

Also: There are ALOT of players running around with 3rd cast Nirvana that can actually tank r9rr gear. I think one player who stood out to me the most was Quickhits with full G16 armor. He doesn't even have endgame gear yet I have a really hard time killing him in 1v1 and many times he could almost kill me to (utilizing BV <- again innovation).

But seriously though. Crazybladema, divine and burnout you're all r9. It won't take long for you to recast to r9rr so what are you waiting for lol. You guys are in WAY better position then most players. I think it's time to drop the "this game sucks" attitude and actually play.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yea people don't leave SZ without being fully buffed now. But in that sense, that prevents one shots and actually a challenge in PVP. Buffs are there for a reason no?

true but it's one thing to, u know die, hit a spirit of defense pill and return, and another thing is to go guild base, get every damn possible buff and return after idk how many minutes, get killed again and again those long waiting times. (i'm reffering to those archers r9rr that don't leave sz till they have all possible buffs with dust and great f:worry, even with increased magic atk, increased accuracy). God forbit if they get purged, triple holy path to sz to rebuff.

About that massive gear gap, i think that's a bit lower now, it's not as before imperial fury, like the difference before between r9 and nv 2d stage.

Now the difference is between refines and shards, as i see lots and lots of r9rr's that apear like mushrooms after the rain (with low refines and shards, but still r9rr)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dear Harshlands,
    reroll LostCity.
    :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhCnvP8nhg

We'll have some fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dear Harshlands,
    reroll LostCity.

We'll have some fun

Ain't no one here to watch some boring sin video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    theres no real skill playing a sin
    edited October 2013
    Options
    theres no real skill playing a sin

Lies you need to learn how to properly rub your face all over a keyboard and spot moving pixels. In order to properly play a sin.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Except for that Okeano guy. Heard he was a pro Sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dear Harshlands,
    reroll LostCity.

We'll have some fun

The only thing worth envying in that video is the barb wearing the top hat.

But it's k, Harshlands has _chubas_. Biker-goggles-and-helmet wearing, goatee-sporting panda barb > tophat-sporting tiger barb.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Except for that Okeano guy. Heard he was a pro Sin.

I also heard he was a good bm. But those are just rumors and all.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I also heard he was a good bm. But those are just rumors and all.

i heard he wasnt too bad in economy stuff either b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I guess he was just good at everything he did. I want to grow up and be like him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Heard he was bad at woo'ing the ladies though.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Heard that he had no problems looking at them though... all of them.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Caramell - Harshlands
    Caramell - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

I've never seen a good veno in crimson, and i think i've killed all of them by now.

b:bye
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    b:bye

I did killed you last nw and there was even someone with you. =D

Am I pro? =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Heard he was bad at woo'ing the ladies though.

I heard he was good with ladyboys, at least that's something. He never managed to marry one though, guess not everyone's perfect.
    Heard that he had no problems looking at them though... all of them.

I heard that some of them are pretty hard to look at. I'm impressed if he could look at all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Options
    I guess he was just good at everything he did. I want to grow up and be like him.

I know right? I think deep down inside all of us wanna grow up and be like him .
  • Marcefox - Harshlands
    Marcefox - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    this darn thread is a darn blasfemyyyy!!!!! b:shocked

e.e how many times ive read threads like this??? ahahaa many many n 99.9999% of the ppl on them worth a dam.

ive seen alot of good n veeeeeeeeeeeery bad players in my years in pwi but tbh i think every1 has their goodies so get over it

but ill giva ya ma opinion again for the... 3000 time ahahaha

Barbs: i like okopogo, akira, perdition, mr untame pav, n alot more

sins: -.- y will i even mention triple sparking hoes?

venos: cricket hmm omen still ma guy but form this days e.e ill go isweet :3

archers: shootnblanks, curses, barba, aware, sint cuz he awsome :P

bms: i like nabjan, n opsy

those earth guards i think r useless

mages: sylphial, milf, mirajane, gnar, nurfed_you, all of them play awsome

psy: hmmm long cuz has been the only1 that has ever 1 shot my **** ahahaha <3
  • EatMyMAGina - Harshlands
    EatMyMAGina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    hai marce b:bye
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    this darn thread is a darn blasfemyyyy!!!!! b:shocked

e.e how many times ive read threads like this??? ahahaa many many n 99.9999% of the ppl on them worth a dam.

ive seen alot of good n veeeeeeeeeeeery bad players in my years in pwi but tbh i think every1 has their goodies so get over it

but ill giva ya ma opinion again for the... 3000 time ahahaha

Barbs: i like okopogo, akira, perdition, mr untame pav, n alot more

sins: -.- y will i even mention triple sparking hoes?

venos: cricket hmm omen still ma guy but form this days e.e ill go isweet :3

archers: shootnblanks, curses, barba, aware, sint cuz he awsome :P

bms: i like nabjan, n opsy

those earth guards i think r useless

mages: sylphial, milf, mirajane, gnar, nurfed_you, all of them play awsome

psy: hmmm long cuz has been the only1 that has ever 1 shot my **** ahahaha <3

Marce chuuuuuu <33
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Marce b:bye b:cute
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yay MarceFox !!!

b:kiss
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dear Harshlands,
    reroll LostCity.

We'll have some fun

You're trash on LC, why do you even post?

also Okeano is alive apparently
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You're trash on LC, why do you even post?

also Okeano is alive apparently

Sword BM best BM.

I herd he's been dominating some Russian tank game and Star Citizen in the future. Can't wait to meet him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]