[Maintenance Discussion] 10-15-2013 [COMPLETE]

Options
defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Hello Hello!

Tonight will be the usual maintenance of the week.

You can expect server downtime from 11pm PDT - 2am PDT

It also will be a patch tonight, not only a server restart.

This week's maintenance question is...

If you had unlimited funds that could ONLY be used in a humanitarian way, what would you choose to do with it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    First.

Something about animal probably. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 747-748 13.8MB (14491174 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    If you had unlimited funds that could ONLY be used in a humanitarian way, what would you choose to do with it?
    You will be the first to know if that happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Shamori - Heavens Tear
    Shamori - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would save orca, they are so smart and they are family oriented.
    DPS Moderator
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Are they ever going to fix the new quests from the last update a few weeks ago?b:surrender

as far as the question, Id give all the money away in the search to give all the stupid people of the world a brain and common sense b:chuckle
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    >MFW Unlimited cash
    >Inflation

Because even if I gave it away, it would eventually be used elsewhere as it changes hands, wouldn't it?
    Keeping it to in-game matters, I'd buy up many different essential items (orbs, tokens, mirages, shards ect) and hold fun contests or occasional give-aways with such as rewards (and even those who participated would get something out of it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Fix all the poverty/animal cruelty issues? o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hmmm... I could write an essay, but I'm lazy XD

Okay, I un-laziafied myself.
    If I had unlimited money to only go to humanitarian uses I would first:
    (before I start this, just a side note that this is just a basically outline, of course it needs proper research and planning, but this is just so you can get an idea)

-First I would remove all forms of government from every country and put in place a modified version of democracy, where each community would elect their own 'community leader' and then those community leaders would then compete with each other for regional leader, after the leader of the region is decided then it would go into a state level then into a country level, so the leaders have truly been voted in by the people, instead of being placed in parliament for us to vote on, which really isn't the people choosing their leader at all because they only have a limited choice.
    -I would remove all poverty and hunger, making every person equal.
    -Big corporations would be shut down and smaller family businesses would be highly encouraged, local produce, shops, hand made and original work would become the normal with the removal of huge department stores and mass production, allowing communities to bloom and become unique instead of just being slaves to the mass production industries.
    -Health care would be free for all, all around the world along with natural remedies being brought into "traditional medicines" instead of them being outlawed in many countries.
    -Education would be free for all, and the allowance for all teachings, religions and belief systems to have a say in the world.
    -Housing would be available for all people, no-one would be homeless, support would be supplied to those you cannot afford housing.
    -Cars and other pollution creating technology would be replaced with more sustainable technology, such as cars that run on water, air or electricity (they do exist, look them up, big petrol companies squash any hope of them being publicly released any time soon)
    -Poaching of wild animals would be banned in all countries along with de-forestsation.
    -Technology will become more stable and renewable, with working towards less throwing away and more recycling, moving away from our 'throw away society'.
    -Free speech and human rights would be promoted and enforced in ALL countries.
    -Animal cruelty would be punishable in a similar way to human abuse.

...There is more but I'll stop for now- too much info! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Make sure all the world's citizens had food, water, shelter, and immunizations. Too many people die from Malaria, for example. When that's a very preventable illness.

In-game wise..

I would give everyone the materials to make one character R999, full josd and sharded. If they wanted more than that so they could play on alts, they'd have to go out and earn it so that there would still be a reason to do pve stuff but everyone would be on the same level in terms of gear ability to farm. I'd choose rank gear mostly because you can't stash it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hai DoD, There's some issue with the blessing, new characters cannot get blessing, could it be possible for someone to check it for the maintenance maybe??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Are they ever going to fix the new quests from the last update a few weeks ago?b:surrender

we have an auction-house. if we would have a betting-house, then i would bet 1 billion coins that the title quests will not be fixed. b:sad
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hai DoD, There's some issue with the blessing, new characters cannot get blessing, could it be possible for someone to check it for the maintenance maybe??

For that issue, just reliking the page on facebook (unlike it and relike it) seems to work. Try that and see if it works.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'd pull a Bob Barker and help control our pet population by spaying and neutering our pets. I'd set up a vet clinic in Lost City.

I'd also have barbs and venos tagged so you can find one when you need a buff or something purged. Or if they get lost.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Fix the planet.

Destroy all the current methods of transportation and power and permanently ban non-sustainable clean energy.

Terraform third world countries with crop problems. Terraform overpopulated cities and develop less invasive methods of living. Metropolis cities inside skyscrapers to conserve space.

Develop tiered crop lands to use less space.

Replant coral. Fix the ocean, the world's LUNG, in any and every way imaginable.

Create flying carbon eating nanobots to clean our atmosphere, that biodegrade in the ocean to feed algae/corals.

Create trash/pollution/CDC eating nanobots that break the trash into its molecular components to release it as reuseable materials, or fly it back to plasma camps that burn unbreakable compounds into their atomic structures to be used in atomic prototype building projects.

...create modern tech to make living in the wild luxurious, safe, and comfortable.

Repopulate animals on the brink of extinction.

............ I'm sure there's more.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    For that issue, just reliking the page on facebook (unlike it and relike it) seems to work. Try that and see if it works.

I saw that thread and it doesn't work, I can send to all chars on my account except the one I made the other day, I tried EVERYTHING in that thread and others said as well that new chars cannot get it.

Edit: My friends and me made new chars and NONE of us can get a blessing on our new chars, but can on other chars on the same account, we all tried everything said in the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• banqueir0
    banqueir0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i'd invest everything in researching the cure for stupidity.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    banqueir0 wrote: »
    i'd invest everything in researching the cure for stupidity.

Oh my gosh that too. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    eeeee GUNS for everyone !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

I would put my unlimited funds into broken countries, repairing their economy and quality of life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Tough choice would be 1 of 2 things either help out all of America's forgotten youth (kids abandon by their caretakers at ridiculously young ages and therefore become homeless, usually in gang territory or they get kidnapped and forced to do even worse things).

Other choice would be to put an end to human trafficking world wide.

But I can't decide which is more imperative I guess since it's a hypothetical question I shouldn't think about it to much...
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Shadowswifey - Archosaur
    Shadowswifey - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    build plant trees fruit nuts whatever grew 20 ish acres every 2 to 3 citys a free you hungry you pick and eat park and hope it spreads globally
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Guys. I logged into pwi today and saw serverstatus as online, there was no maintenance announcement but i then logged to the game and was unable to log in. Is it my screen or can others see servers as online too?
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • AnubisFlame - Archosaur
    AnubisFlame - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    it shows them online but u cant log in cuz of maint
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot please check server status
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Good to know it's pwi's fault and not my screen. another thing... do they plan to ever update our lvls on this forum? it still shows me as lvl 100b:angry
    And a lot of alts...
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot please check server status
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 95ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 93ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 92ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 92ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deta_SEEK - Archosaur
    Deta_SEEK - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    good to know its not just me, auto updater says update complete and is currently on version 747. press start log into game, get log in timer for about 5 seconds then it says i'm disconnected from server.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    checking server status is kinda pointless at the moment, another bug from pwi, well done ._.
    And a lot of alts...
  • Deta_SEEK - Archosaur
    Deta_SEEK - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    if the update has worked shouldn't it say version 748 or somthing? pretty sure 747 was last weeks b:bored
    edited October 2013
    Options
    good to know its not just me, auto updater says update complete and is currently on version 747. press start log into game, get log in timer for about 5 seconds then it says i'm disconnected from server.

It does for me too and it also did this some maintenances ago. That's normal.
    And a lot of alts...