Warsong video/tips

Comments

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Technically purge is irrelevant for warsong mobs. What is important though is the -0.1 interval, so you'll get a bit better dps from the r9rr bow. The purge from r9rr could be sporadically useful on certain warsong bosses as well, but not gear-changingly so. The magic debuff from the warsoul could be treated same way; occasionally nice, but not gear-changingly so.

Really, if you don't pvp much, I'd stick with the pretty bow. If you do pvp, then you really should get the r9rr bow.

Based on what people have shown here... I would recommend that you volunteer yourself for wood or fire, and if the cleric needs help to do a lane anyways, get them into metal... the metal defense of ~1k isn't big enough to make it impossible to do vs. fire, the difference is almost negligible in fact. What will make the difference for those undergeared clerics is just having anybody else there to kite with the head (let me clarify: undergeared and UNSKILLED clerics... a skilled cleric will just sleep/immobilize lock the head >..>). If the people in squad dispute, just tell them that metal mobs have a really high physical defense, and you want to do a lane you are comfortable with so that you don't cause trouble to the squad. Phrase it like that and you probably won't run into any problems. If they say 'no you must do metal' then really, do you want to run with that sort of squad anyways? Leave & make your own squad!

Cheers!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Even if the s3r9 bow is ugly as all hell, this I will not dispute. It still hits like a truck, and purges. The Warsoul bow only does 1/2 of that equation. Even if it has better aesthetics then the s3r9 bow it is still inferior.

I actually like my distract proc better (I know I'm going to get a lot of grief for this, but please try to keep it civil). I had the purge on my previous bow (lunar) and it seemed like it almost never worked. My distract procs all the time, plus since 90% of what I do is PvE related it's more beneficial for me. Whenever it procs I follow with a magic attack, and can get a 150k+ crit hit. My reaction time is just too damn slow for any hardcore PvP, so I stick to group PvP like TW and NW. And in those events I take the role of a support, rather than a true attack DD. Due to my real life physical limitation I had to drastically alter the way I play on my archer. I will admit that how I play my archer now is way different than how one would normally play that class; but I find it works very well for me and allows me to keep playing. When it comes to PvE there are a few bosses that the purge would be nice to have for; but one of the players I frequently squad with is a veno, realistically she is almost always going to beat me to the punch when it comes to purging. I have this same group of people that I almost always squad with. If I ever do decide to get a purge bow, most likely I'll go with a G15 and switch between that and my Warsoul.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I did a video. But fraps is ugly. :(

On a side note. What recording software did you use?

Read the big block of letters on top of the video

@ OP your lunar bow has old purge, which has a tiny chance of proccing. R9rr bow has advanced purge with much higher chance to proc AND higher attack rate
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I actually like my distract proc better (I know I'm going to get a lot of grief for this, but please try to keep it civil). I had the purge on my previous bow (lunar) and it seemed like it almost never worked. My distract procs all the time, plus since 90% of what I do is PvE related it's more beneficial for me. Whenever it procs I follow with a magic attack, and can get a 150k+ crit hit. My reaction time is just too damn slow for any hardcore PvP, so I stick to group PvP like TW and NW. And in those events I take the role of a support, rather than a true attack DD. Due to my real life physical limitation I had to drastically alter the way I play on my archer. I will admit that how I play my archer now is way different than how one would normally play that class; but I find it works very well for me and allows me to keep playing. When it comes to PvE there are a few bosses that the purge would be nice to have for; but one of the players I frequently squad with is a veno, realistically she is almost always going to beat me to the punch when it comes to purging. I have this same group of people that I almost always squad with. If I ever do decide to get a purge bow, most likely I'll go with a G15 and switch between that and my Warsoul.

I will keep this civil. Alright Soul Shatter has about a 5% chance to proc, Spirit Blackhole the advanced purge add on has an 8% chance to proc. While your Distract proc rate is 30%, I am unsure of the debuff percentage, I am going to guess its somewhere in the neighborhood of 15%.

Why the Distract proc and procs similar to it are bad. The debuff will be calculated on the targets buffed pdef, mdef, etc. So the percentage at which you're debuffing your target wont be noticeable or helpful. Its like using tangling mire on a buffed target in PVP, at a 35% pdef debuff it only lowers the targets pdef by maybe 1-2k. Also if your Distract proc's and your metal skills are on cd, its not beneficial in PVE or PVP.

Lets put this into a PVE scenario: At 50% all Warsong mobs have a chance to either buff themselves with random buffs or explode and deal a massive amount of damage. Lets say they get the cleric's magic shell buff, a 60% boost to their mdef, congratulations your Distract proc is now worthless.

Lets put Spirit Blackhole into those same scenarios. You purge a target in PVP, you will either make them kite away or force them into anf AD (if its not on cd or anti stun and IG). IF those two are on cd they are most likely dead. Especially in an organized squad setting.

At the 50% marker for hp, the warsong mob buffs itself, and you purge it off. You have just made your life easier and that mob will now die faster.

While Soul Shatter and Spirit Blackhole have severely lower proc rates in comparison to your distract they are far more beneficial.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Purge is going to be better on most buffed targets because it strips all buffs, and because most debuffs only offset buffs. ie: target is 60% mdef buffed and your metal debuff is like 50%.

On the other hand, debuffs will matter more when the target is already Purged.

So if you're really hardcore, you should just get both bows!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Back to topic

I tried wood today

It was easy

Very easy

Will try earth and then water next
    Channels

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do you open with STA on the mobs? This helps immensely.

Otherwise, just use autoattack. Spark when possible. If you cannot kill them in time, kite them together and AoE them.
  • Teecs - Archosaur
    Teecs - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    metal mobs have lower magic def than phys so you need to spam you metal skill also if you have low refined bow , it helps if you have extreme poison on your genie , just spam it on every mob you attack.

archers can solo any pavilion
    wood is easy just spam metal skills
    water mobs has lower physical def , lure the mobs hit wingspan , wingspan , run , wingspan
    earth mobs doesn't have any resistance but they hit 2-3 times as hard as the rest , applying same technique on water mobs they go down easy.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    I'mma hijack this thread

How 2 defend earth and water gg

Resetting mobs kill npc before I can get aggro back wtf and all the mobs reset and reset some more lol
    Channels

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    water easy, my favorite pav, mobs have very low pdef.

if a couple at a time I can generally snipe them off before they leave first lane, if a lot, i can hp debuff, ws/kite if i need to/ws more , head always gets knocked back w/ ws spam so its super easy to keep it away. Not that I really need to, but still.

QQ TIME: W/ how easy it is for decently geared archers to do water, it kind of pisses me off that some squads I've run w/ refuse to let me do it and instead spend half an hour+ searching for a stupid BP reliant seeker who doesn't know how to do anything but spin and who will die when they get purged.

Once spent 30 mins waiting for the stupid seeker to get bp, only for it to get purged off in last half of defending and fail our run. I had clearly stated that I could easily do it, z.z
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Yea but, for me the mobs just...walk away

Like they don't pay attention to me and just leave

Or in Earth and Wood WS knocks them under the pav (lol) resulting in resets
    Channels

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yea but, for me the mobs just...walk away

Like they don't pay attention to me and just leave

Or in Earth and Wood WS knocks them under the pav (lol) resulting in resets

The Clearstream NPC is like a giant mob magnet.
    Don't fight the mobs too close to that NPC or they won't aggro you.
    That's true for all the pavilions.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Well, I got water down today during BH. Going to run another one to see if I can reliably do it before adding it to my list of pavs that I can do

Meanwhile I still don't have a G16 weapon qq
    Channels

• Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'mma hijack this thread

How 2 defend earth and water gg

Resetting mobs kill npc before I can get aggro back wtf and all the mobs reset and reset some more lol

I actually found a way to do this while practicing on metal. The mobs were sometimes resetting on me when I would run around the one corner, it seemed like they were less incline to do this when I hit them with a DoT skill (vicious arrow seemed to work well). I'm thinking maybe because they are continuously taking damage it causes you to regain aggro faster. f:ponder It would also work on my wizzie when I used the crown of flames DoT skill.

I would recommend trying it in a practice run first, not sure if it will work in earth or water and best to know before a full run. I know from personal experience people get cranky when a pav fails. f:defeat
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
    edited October 2013
    I can and have defended all pavilions in warsong successfully. Water and Earth I haven't done in awhile, probably much easier now that I +12'd my bow. I know when I did earth with my +10 r9s3 it still required a lot of kiting just due to the fact that the mobs in earth have a very strong tendency to explode at 50% hp. Water mobs have low hp and tend to die pretty quickly, still requires some kiting just due to mass of them that can come at once and explode. I know I had some trouble with this when I still had my r9s1, very painful.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Water is easy. Just kite with wingspan, and use STA if/when possible.

Actually all the pavs are easy in their own way. It's just a matter of becoming familier with how many mobs your gear can handle. Archers have enough knockbacks that they can handle melee pavilions easily as well as ranged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One shot head. Gather all mobs. Condor STA triple spark wingspan GG.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    QQ TIME: W/ how easy it is for decently geared archers to do water, it kind of pisses me off that some squads I've run w/ refuse to let me do it and instead spend half an hour+ searching for a stupid BP reliant seeker who doesn't know how to do anything but spin and who will die when they get purged.

Set barrage on head and afk.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i can solo any pavs on my wiz, I stay away from metal and fire on my sin just because exploding mobs hurt.
    Soloing pavs is not hard to do , it's just a question of trying enough times to get your own "style" on how to do it. Some pavs have large spaces to kite, others barely have some, and for example water mobs if you don't control them well they aggro the NPC and then you're in trouble.
    But none of them are hard to do.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shank - Dreamweaver
    _Shank - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i found a clip that might help you do Metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bmG2nurVE
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If it's any new input, I have a 7.1k hp base archer with a t3+10 bow.

I can solo these pavs from easiest to hardest-> Wood, Fire, Metal

Wood mobs are pretty slow runners, they don't hit as hard as metal mobs, they take significantly more damage than metal (Just spam your metal skills) and there is more room to kite the head and mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited October 2013
    i found a clip that might help you do Metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bmG2nurVE

Good video, my only issues with it is that they wasted so much chi right at the start of the defense before the mobs got there. Also dafuq is that archer doing running towards the head, I get the whole Wingspan if its close thing. But you can kite to the corner before the last bit before the Incarnation/Boss platform and then run back to the other pavilion near where the apes end their running. Play styles will be different, oh well.
  • QuZee - Harshlands
    QuZee - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    some of these replys are very handy : D thanks
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Good video, my only issues with it is that they wasted so much chi right at the start of the defense before the mobs got there. Also dafuq is that archer doing running towards the head, I get the whole Wingspan if its close thing. But you can kite to the corner before the last bit before the Incarnation/Boss platform and then run back to the other pavilion near where the apes end their running. Play styles will be different, oh well.

That was my vid

I don't actually know why I run towards head and wingspan-->knockback-->aim low. I think I just get bored and goof off lol. 3 sparking the mob was also more for lulz.

I would likely redo that video because the use of sage skills makes it really lopsided as a guide (nowadays I no longer rely on master li and sage FA). I also need to kite farther. And I did goof too much. Well, it has been Metal for a whole week or so on DW I'll do one tomorrow probably. Still have to get water down first, though.

And kiting to the plat in ANY pav is terrible. NPC generates huge aggro. Mobs will literally leave you to attack the npc.
    Channels

edited October 2013
    Okay the two spots I was talking about, you know that pagoda/pavilion that ppl used to glitch the metal boss on when the squad couldn't kill it a long *** time ago? From the back of that, to the corner before the last tiny straight away before the boss/incarnation plateau. Not actually up to the incarnation, cuz I know better than that. Can make a video if needed but, with gear differences I hardly struggle with metal like I used to.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Yea I kite longer now, but I hardly do metal anymore. I find more places doing water/wood b:chuckle
    Channels

edited October 2013
    Yeah I love to do wood, earth, and water now just because they provide more of a challenge then Fire and Metal. Wood is easy because they have no metal defense but there is still little room to kite which is its own challenge.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    An update.

I finished the last piece of my archer's gear, and refined the full set to +5 using only mirages (woot) Weapon is still +10.

Metal pav is easy.
    Wood is even easier now.
    Fire is as easy as ever.
    Haven't tried Earth, but if I can do wood, then I must be able to do Earth.
    Water f:sweat Uhh.... I don't think the archer would have enough AOEs and heals to make this pav worth doing, especially since an HA class can do it a ton easier. But none the less, I'm sure it's possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    An update.

I finished the last piece of my archer's gear, and refined the full set to +5 using only mirages (woot) Weapon is still +10.

Metal pav is easy.
    Wood is even easier now.
    Fire is as easy as ever.
    Haven't tried Earth, but if I can do wood, then I must be able to do Earth.
    Water f:sweat Uhh.... I don't think the archer would have enough AOEs and heals to make this pav worth doing, especially since an HA class can do it a ton easier. But none the less, I'm sure it's possible.

I do it purged

In fact let me get off my lazy *** and upload my video now

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6glBpI7MA
    Channels

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do it purged

In fact let me get off my lazy *** and upload my video now

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6glBpI7MA

It's even easier with demon wingspan since you get the constant winged shell.
    Also you can almost avoid getting hit at all by continually selecting the mob in front and casting earlier. Wingspan's aoe is actually larger than its range so you can hit mobs outside of the range.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw