INI Editing Troubles with Arc

Options
Salaiyah - Heavens Tear
Salaiyah - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
I recently came back to the game and reinstalled via Arc after completely uninstalling when I went on break a few months back to free up space for other things. I have INI edited before, most of my characters have had some INI done at some point or another. However, I went to work on an older alt that I hadn't done so on, and I can't find the file in the folder it's supposed to be in. I saved the preset so I could change values, but the preset doesn't show at all in any files whatsoever. Does it have to be done differently now with Arc, or is it just being difficult?
Post edited by Salaiyah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This happened the same with me when I uninstalled and reinstalled via Arc. When you uninstalled, the folder that you're looking for the files in stayed, with all the inner folders too, but there's no files. When I reinstalled I found that there was a new 'Perfect World Entertainment' file folder in my Program Files (x86) and that's where the current one is installed. The old 'Perfect World Entertainment' folder is simply in Local Disc (C:) where it used to be installed, there's just no files there.

Check your program files folders, and look for another Perfect World Entertainment folder somewhere.

Sorry if this wasn't very clear XD i'm not good at explaining.
  • Salaiyah - Heavens Tear
    Salaiyah - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I don't have another, as when I uninstalled the old one, I deleted all the folders for it as well. I guess I'm kinda out of luck then, huh? That's a shame. I hate the new system DX
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I had to reinstall via arc during the content update that first implemented the new nw maps and I have still always been able to INI edit like normal.
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I recently came back to the game and reinstalled via Arc after completely uninstalling when I went on break a few months back to free up space for other things. I have INI edited before, most of my characters have had some INI done at some point or another. However, I went to work on an older alt that I hadn't done so on, and I can't find the file in the folder it's supposed to be in. I saved the preset so I could change values, but the preset doesn't show at all in any files whatsoever. Does it have to be done differently now with Arc, or is it just being difficult?

I don't know, i reinstaled the game using Arc, well my old .ini edits aren't there, but is because Arc instal the game on a different directorie, after that i continue finding my new .ini files and all fine.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I just backed up my old data, removed the previous client, installed Arc, installed the new client, and then copied my .ini files back over. Not having any issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]