because 50$ is more than 25$? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Because the news post states:

"Dragon Orb Ocean added to the Boutique"

It doesnt say it's 50% off or whatever, just that it's added.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can any one explain why all orbs on sale except +10 .b:surrender

With that price tag I wouldn`t call any of them a sale.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Isnt the answer obvious........ greed. b:laugh
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2013

and the winner of this post is this one with the right answer
  • Nout - Sanctuary
    Nout - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nah, it's just added for the really lazy and too rich people who don't care if they pay 25 gold or 50 gold when they 'need' something!
    It's a bit sad that they show in the boutique as 'HOT' though.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They gave you cheap R9.

Now half the server is walking around in unrefines and unsharded R9, probably being very disapointed that they are not yet OP. Only now noticing that it really needs to be refined properly before its any good......
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They gave you cheap R9.

Now half the server is walking around in unrefines and unsharded R9, probably being very disapointed that they are not yet OP. Only now noticing that it really needs to be refined properly before its any good......

Well said.

Everyone's QQing about wanting +10 orbs. Putting them in the cash shop, but at a higher price... many people will still buy them, since they're still way way cheaper than crafting from scratch. Seems a wise move to me.

I for one, am pretty happy. I had quite a large stock of +10 orbs, and with this higher price, they'll be worth quite a bit more. ^+^
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Orb put in boutique at non-sale price.. greed.

Orb put in boutique at sale price.. greed.

Same ol' story.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They gave you cheap R9.

^ pretty much and it's also what the other poster said; the news states they were added in the boutique but they are not on sale.

Either way, I'll wait for the next sale to grab a few Ocean Orbs to refine my armor.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's just the same old trick as always. They put something VERY expensive in boutique. And when it costs "just" half price abit later people are more willing to buy it.

Some even talk about "cheap" R9 lolz. Original price was about 1500 dollars. Now it's about half price. Who of you would buy any pc game for 750 dollar? And call it cheap?

On lc server you have to charge about 250 dollars for all summerwind tokens for full R9 3rd cast = about 1000 dollars for blank R999 set.

My estimation is that we have about 500 charactes with full R999 sets. And at least same amount with wepaon or full gear set only (a list created by player base for every server would be nice).

==> Selling virtual stuff which even doesn't belong you is a nice business.

@dragon orb sale
    Maybe it's a check how stupid or ignorant the community is.
    Buying Dragon's Fire Packs is way cheaper, even if you lose all the time.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    gyroki wrote: »

Some even talk about "cheap" R9 lolz. Original price was about 1500 dollars. Now it's about half price. Who of you would buy any pc game for 750 dollar? And call it cheap?

On lc server you have to charge about 250 dollars for all summerwind tokens for full R9 3rd cast = about 1000 dollars for blank R999 set.

..or you farm it and spend no money in the game. Unless you want R9/R999 in one day of course provided you already have the molds and badges.

• GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ^ pretty much and it's also what the other poster said; the news states they were added in the boutique but they are not on sale.

Either way, I'll wait for the next sale to grab a few Ocean Orbs to refine my armor.

Exactly. I too will wait.

It is disturbing that every time PWI attempts to make money it's deemed "greed". How is that defined? They're charging more than I want to pay, therefore it's greed? They're charging more than they need to charge? Who decides that? I, for one, don't have access to their balance sheet or their projections and would assume that cheaper orbs would mean that they hit their financial goals by charging more for something else.

When it comes time for performance reviews at work, I expect a raise even though I could survive on my current salary. Does that make me greedy? This IS a business, y'know, and there are two kinds of businesses: those that turn a profit and those that shutter their doors.

I too hate that Oceans are not on sale but hey, free-market. My choice is to not buy at this price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    It's just the same old trick as always. They put something VERY expensive in boutique. And when it costs "just" half price abit later people are more willing to buy it.

My estimation is that we have about 500 charactes with full R999 sets. And at least same amount with wepaon or full gear set only (a list created by player base for every server would be nice).

==> Selling virtual stuff which even doesn't belong you is a nice business.

@dragon orb sale
    Maybe it's a check how stupid or ignorant the community is.
    Buying Dragon's Fire Packs is way cheaper, even if you lose all the time.

Well, it depends on the game what one figures its worth to be to the individual playing. PWI, personally isn't worth the price of endgame since I deplore PvP, and am quite hesitant to spend the money for a game in its current state with an ever decreasing population. If I knew the game would be around for a long time, I would max out a character or two for s&g, but I am no fool.

However I have about $15k to 20k invested in my flight simulator and its peripherals. For one, even when a newer version comes out most of the peripherals can be used on it, or the current version I am using is good enough for years of enjoyment and the only one that can pull the plug on it is me.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ..or you farm it and spend no money in the game. Unless you want R9/R999 in one day of course provided you already have the molds and badges.

That's not all the truth, as gold can't be generated by ingame activities, that means someone did spend rl money on your boutique item (or "earned" it by providing personal information), even if you bought the gold with coins.

@OP: Let's all just wait for the next 50% off sale, we know it will be coming, at the latest around Christmas.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can any one explain why all orbs on sale except +10 .b:surrender

If you check the tag on the orb is "HOT" not "SALE" like it is for DO1, so the 50 gold price is correct.
    From what I read in the news the DO10 should be on sale too...but I might just misunderstood? Anyway, read the tags to check the items actually on sale

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    That's not all the truth, as gold can't be generated by ingame activities, that means someone did spend rl money on your boutique item (or "earned" it by providing personal information), even if you bought the gold with coins.

I was talking on a personal level though, in which case you wouldn't have spent real money P:
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yup suxs but I can wait till X-mas!
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yup suxs but I can wait till X-mas!

Or even earlier, on Black Friday.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013

@OP: Let's all just wait for the next 50% off sale, we know it will be coming, at the latest around Christmas.
    Patience pays off.. most people want instant gratification, so they pay the premium for it.

If I was a seller I'd jack up the prices of ocean orbs, if I was a buyer I'd laugh at the prices they're going to become until the next ocean orb sale and just wait it out. Only those sellers or buyers who have no patience will lose out.
  • LycanthropeX - Raging Tide
    LycanthropeX - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013

What do people "farm" to make several hundred million in a decent amount of time(without no lifting it)?
    Fc at like 1.2m-1.5m an hour IF they are fast and can find people to buy it quickly.
    TT? Once again, if you can do squad mode at a decent rate and have some luck with drops.
    And lastly, both of those are only doable (with fast times) by an APS sin/Bm with good gear. I call bs on anyone running around with full r9rr fully refined/sharded saying they "Farmed" it or didn't spend any money on the game,yea farmed that MasterCard.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What do people "farm" to make several hundred million in a decent amount of time(without no lifting it)?
    Fc at like 1.2m-1.5m an hour IF they are fast and can find people to buy it quickly.
    TT? Once again, if you can do squad mode at a decent rate and have some luck with drops.
    And lastly, both of those are only doable (with fast times) by an APS sin/Bm with good gear. I call bs on anyone running around with full r9rr fully refined/sharded saying they "Farmed" it or didn't spend any money on the game,yea farmed that MasterCard.

Sorry, but that really is ignorance. When you cant do it, doesnt mean others cant. Just like in real life, some end up in the gutter begging for coins to teleport while others take the cow by the horns put in some effort and thinking and end up filthy rich.

I know people with full R9rr that are surely farmed and soon i will be one of them.

farming 2 milion per hour is peanuts and can be done by any half decent toon. Half decent meaning morai geared.

Dedicated farming toons can quite well expect to make 5m per hour in TT during 2x. OP ones can get like 10m per hour.

And then there is merchanting.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013

I don't know about the +12 JOSD people, although I personally know someone who did farm/merchant it but your regular +10 Vit stones are very possible and still good enough.

It's not just farming though, that's just a figure of speech. It's both farming and merchanting. The latter doesn't even require you to play all day as long as you can keep a shop up to buy/sell stuff.

Well either way I'm not here to convince anyone :p
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry, but that really is ignorance. When you cant do it, doesnt mean others cant.

I know people with full R9rr that are surely farmed and soon i will be one of them.

farming 2 milion per hour is peanuts and can be done by any half decent toon. Half decent meaning morai geared.

Dedicated farming toons can quite well expect to make 5m per hour in TT during 2x. Really OP ones can get like 10m per hour.

5m/hour in TT during 2x I would say is on the low end. Without stepping into 3-x one can farm from 8 to 10 m/hour if you farm smart.

But I agree with you, ignorance is strong with some players these days.

EDIT: forgot something I discovered last 2x that completely changes the income from TT

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013

^^ Waiting.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Thanks for reminding me of that sale. I was thinking I'd have to wait until Christmas, I totally forgot they do that sale. I was really hoping to +12 my bow since I managed to get a flame orb out of the dragon fire packs (704th pack) and had enough of the lower level ones to make an eight and nine star, so all I need is four ocean orbs. But not at fifty gold each, I can wait. Also works out great since Black Friday is very close to my birthday and I normally get a ton of gifts cards, free ocean orbs for me f:fan
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry, but that really is ignorance. When you cant do it, doesnt mean others cant. Just like in real life, some end up in the gutter begging for coins to teleport while others take the cow by the horns put in some effort and thinking and end up filthy rich.

Dedicated farming toons can quite well expect to make 5m per hour in TT during 2x. OP ones can get like 10m per hour.

Agreed. I didn't spend a single cent on my r9. (I'm too poor irl for it anyway lol)

Instead of whining about it, I went ahead and learnt how to merch. I studied the markets and tried different things until I found something that worked for me. You don't even need that much money to begin with either.

Like everything else in life, if you want something you work for it.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    (I'm too poor irl for it anyway lol)
    [...]

Ah, ic, you WANT to be poor irl b:laugh
    Otherwise you would have worked on it, right?

OR not everything does work as easy as some people propagate.
    The gold influx on every server is limited.
    The rich folk can undercut the price for services and items easily.
    Example? WG TM service is at 200k per run now. Hf finding enough lowbies. The teles you have to spent will kill your profit.

And @lmao at all those merchants which tell us that they are only 5mins online every day - but make billions of profit (OFC!) per month b:laughb:laughb:laugh. I know them all way too well.. our community isn't that big... I belong also to the main addicts and I KNOW that ALL of them, with zero exceptions, are at least online for 12h per day. Often up to 18h. Ofc they will never ever admit this, especially not in forum. I should create my own religion, so many people are willing to believe everything. Some are even that good in manipulation that they even believe and defend their own lies.
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Agreed. I didn't spend a single cent on my r9. (I'm too poor irl for it anyway lol)

Instead of whining about it, I went ahead and learnt how to merch. I studied the markets and tried different things until I found something that worked for me. You don't even need that much money to begin with either.

2 mill an hour. this is bs. Any farmer knows your just a troll now. double drop with a handfull of bots running around.. sure. But a normal player out grinding.. no **** way. I know. I have an army.

you are all full of it. this game is really expensive and not worth it really. Unless your like me and just like to make toons to a certain level and move on.

I call trolls on all you. troll. so enough with the I farmed it bs. yes in the old days when it just was happening.. maybe. but today. No, not likely. So keep up the lying all you want. It won't stop the fact that the only thing that will save this game is cheaper cost.

The game for anyone just starting out its a dead end.

Its to un american a game. We like to do **** solo a lot. We americans are not a needy bunch who need others. We are like the norn. Sure we can do it in a squad, we can do it in an army. But the true worth is can you do the whole thing solo.

Almost but it takes so much time to put all the toons together to do it. Cheaper woudl be better. Then more toons. More toons, more stuff, more money spent.

Gold is best, but iphone suck.

lol have fun all.. laterz scammers.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    enlil wrote: »
    2 Mill An Hour. This Is Bs. Any Farmer Knows Your Just A Troll Now. Double Drop With A Handfull Of Bots Running Around.. Sure. But A Normal Player Out Grinding.. No **** Way. I Know. I Have An Army.

You Are All Full Of It. This Game Is Really Expensive And Not Worth It Really. Unless Your Like Me And Just Like To Make Toons To A Certain Level And Move On.

I Call Trolls On All You. Troll. So Enough With The I Farmed It Bs. Yes In The Old Days When It Just Was Happening.. Maybe. But Today. No, Not Likely. So Keep Up The Lying All You Want. It Won't Stop The Fact That The Only Thing That Will Save This Game Is Cheaper Cost.

The Game For Anyone Just Starting Out Its A Dead End.

Its To Un American A Game. We Like To Do **** Solo A Lot. We Americans Are Not A Needy Bunch Who Need Others. We Are Like The Norn. Sure We Can Do It In A Squad, We Can Do It In An Army. But The True Worth Is Can You Do The Whole Thing Solo.

Almost But It Takes So Much Time To Put All The Toons Together To Do It. Cheaper Woudl Be Better. Then More Toons. More Toons, More Stuff, More Money Spent.

Gold Is Best, But Iphone Suck.

Lol Have Fun All.. Laterz Scammers.

U Mad?