Possibility of new class under development

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    >Old Dev Team possibly returning
    [Hype Intensifies]
    Now to deal with PWE's management...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    >Old Dev Team possibly returning
    [Hype Intensifies]
    Now to deal with PWE's management...
    And we know how much people bite on hype.
    edited October 2013
    And we know how much people bite on hype.

Of course~
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Apparently the rumor that the original team has returned isn't a rumor anymore. It was announced in the main site that the team has returned.

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20131009/71614.shtml

And if you read further, there will be a lot of fixes and updates to the game with them coming back.

Seems like we probably will get new races and classes.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can I still keep my fingers crossed? My faith in the game is kinda stretching lately. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver
    Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Let me...let me just bathe myself in these rumors and be happy for just a tiny bit.
    edited October 2013
    Apparently the rumor that the original team has returned isn't a rumor anymore. It was announced in the main site that the team has returned.

And if you read further, there will be a lot of fixes and updates to the game with them coming back.

Oh snap, so this is real...
    Now I'm curious as to how things will play out from here....

Can I still keep my fingers crossed? My faith in the game is kinda stretching lately. b:surrender

Hope for the best, expect the worst, like always~
  • lkman
    lkman Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think you are goin to far w these new classes. we dont need them at all. why not just fix what is wrong now? Barbs shud not be put back on the shelf if you know what i mean. barbs are the spear head of the whole squad and barbs can head long and slam inti bosses with with 4 mill HP and take it but they can be taken dwn by a magic user with 1 or 2 shoots even w R9 3rd recast. so tell me what is wrong with this picture ppl. ??
    i have been playing for about 6 yrs now and i only play a barb, thats what i like to play. the barb was suppost to get new skills, well that never happend. and R9 gear is missing a bonus stat out of its armor and should be put back in to make up for what the barbs are missing, witch is 100 vit.
    we dont need the three musketters on with guns on this game or the motor cycles!!! it just dont got with the formmat of this game at all! your messing up the game by mixing up other games in with this one. im pretty sure if ypou make a game with the three musketters in it , sum one would play it.
    we are asking you to fix what is wrong and leave the garbage out of it, we dont need it. musketters in all
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bluesmist wrote: »
    News from the Pwi CN forum, there might be new development on new race and class, according to the rumor, Pwi isn't developing not one but two new race with four new classes. now the accuracy of that post is unsure, but I just want to share with you guys. here are the links, I know it is in chinese but there are pictures of the character. so what do you guys think?

http://bbs.17173.com/thread-7636147-1-1.html
    http://bbs.17173.com/thread-7636136-1-1.html

No!, Hell NO!, OP assassins and seekers destroys fun of the game, long time ago(I give up playing in PvP server with mine cleric, death after death, even quests..b:cry). NO TY, PWI is already broken, we don't need to broke it more.b:shocked
    All what they do, better then this is a small addition: Classic server with ONLY: BM/Wiz/Archer/Cleric/Barb/Veno that's it. b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013

So from what I understand, the original developing team is reunited and they are planning to eventually update the game engine, improve the PK/PvP, balance classes and skills further, improve careers (classes I assume) and a few other things I didn't quite understand.

Let this be real, oh let this be real!

EDIT: nvm o.o I just saw Bubbles' post.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited October 2013
    So from what I understand, the original developing team is reunited and they are planning to eventually update the game engine, improve the PK/PvP, balance classes and skills further, improve careers (classes I assume) and a few other things I didn't quite understand.

Let this be real, oh let this be real!

I want it to be real - if only to hear all the complaining their tweakz creates~
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I want to hope for fixing some bugs and improving some game features which should be improved (like quest items in quest section, enlarging inventory, cage, cupboard etc) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the translation! Wanmei sure knows how to phrase things to make people actually think things will happen. It should be noted that in each major expansion, talk of features like new game engines, updating graphics, etc have all been on Wanmei's news posts and BBS (message board)... In the end, nothing has happened besides DX9.0 being updated to 9.0c, in order to run.

I have serious doubts that a company from 2004-2005-ish will come back out of nowhere and begin re-developing their old title. I also have high doubts that any game engine, graphics update, game/mechanics overhaul, etc will be coming. I expect some new areas, maybe (just maybe...) some new classes/races, new mounts/flyers, skill-related stuff, and maybe some new instance.

Stop being a negative nancy! Stahp it, No! f:poo

PWE and Wanmei have been pretty lame, or OK at best with their development (At least by the time it makes it over to PWI....). If the original devs are coming back to overhaul the engine, class balance, and PK.... I can only hope that something this ludicrous is true.

And for the record, if PWE and Wanmei actually go through with this, I just might start to be a fan! .. Instead of someone who swears at them behind their back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope there will be new classes... It will make the game a little more exiting again for a while... Hoping for a new cool ranged DD class here... f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now, I'm going to guess that what google translates refers to as Zu Long studios, is Archosaur studios (aka original devs of perfect world).

bing translate actually goes with "Archosaur Studios return to quality improvement is imperative"

hope this makes more sense than gtranslate
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    bing translate actually goes with "Archosaur Studios return to quality improvement is imperative"

Long=Dragon (that's one of the few Chinese words I happen to know), and as far as I know, in the Russian version Archosaur is "Dragon City". So looks like it's a right guess. Zhu Long=dragonlike deity which creates seasonal winds by breathing (wiki) - Archosaur platform, I guess :)
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it is said that the original developer and founder of perfect world, Zulong Studios have returned and was re-added to the development team. source: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20131009/71614.shtml
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just Doing some digging around. At the time of this post, the first few threads were less than 9hrs old.

1. Veno's Pakata Design
    2. Barb's Dual Axe Design
    3. Wizard's Magic Sword Desing
    4. Barb's Pole Hammer
    5. Seeker's Sword
    6. Fist
    7. Bow
    8. Wand
    9. Sphere
    10. Glaive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    slamstone wrote: »

Well boo.
    One of the few times I don't throw a news post into bing translate and this time it does something useful.
    Long=Dragon (that's one of the few Chinese words I happen to know), and as far as I know, in the Russian version Archosaur is "Dragon City". So looks like it's a right guess. Zhu Long=dragonlike deity which creates seasonal winds by breathing (wiki) - Archosaur platform, I guess :)

Mayalasian version aka pw my-en had dragon city as well.
    I think ancient dragon city?
    My en was great for literal but engrish translations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frinser
    frinser Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Pretty neat :3
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So, the old team, Archosaur studios, rejoined and now they want to overhaul the whole game. Is that true o_o ?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    So, the old team, Archosaur studios, rejoined and now they want to overhaul the whole game. Is that true o_o ?

Don't know about an overhaul but they seem to be planning something pretty big.
  • KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    PWCN will have a big expansion on the 24th October, seems like the map will have some makeover on it b:shutup
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013

from what I see yes and honestly it's the best news that came out of PWE in a really, really long time.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pretty interesting stuff, though some parts of the new area remind me too much of Morai tbh. I wished our website would be as great looking as PWCN's b:laugh
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like ours, too much flash in the PWCN site. I actually really dislike it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's definitely not something for forever, but you gotta admit that it does make an impression :P
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frinser wrote: »

Do they have meridian system? Because that reincarnation system and how improve each class remind me that a lot. Anyway i think the discussion about this update should be taken to a different post considering that there is no new race or class include on that update, anything new is that new map and the Reincarnation system that im no sure if its meridian we already have.
This discussion has been closed.